PDA

View Full Version : Knit cap?

AshNight1214
July 7th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Since I'm obsessed with knitting, I was wondering what you all thought about using a knit cap to sleep. I was looking through my stash and found some angel hair yarn (for the non-yarn crafters, it's very soft yarn with little tufts that pull away from the base. Like baby toys!) and thought "I wonder if that would do me any good!" Not for now, of course. It's too bloody hot here as it is!! XD

Thoughts? :cheese:

teal
July 8th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Ooh, I would love to know about this, too! I love knitting and crocheting, when I can find the time for it! A sleeping cap be a nice short-term project.

kwaniesiam
July 8th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Seems like it would be awfully warm...maybe it would work for a winter cap though, especially if you live where it gets really cold. I bet a fine fingering or lace weight silk yarn would make a nice cap.

jfeg116
July 8th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I agree with Kwaniesiam, it sounds like it'd be too warm- at least for me, anyway, I very much need coolness to sleep.

Maybe if you used the thin crochet cotton and teeny tiny needles? I'd go as small/thin as possible.

khan
July 11th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I wonder how bamboo would do? I have a skein and it seems very soft. I like the idea tho'.

greygardens
July 11th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I whack on a wool/alpaca (if we're talking warm!) cap I crocheted when I oil my head with coconut oil to stop it solidifying on my head overnight. It's winter here at the moment though and the extra warmth stops me freezing.
Although it's pretty smooth, I still feel it's too rough for my hair in the long run, and plan to get either bamboo or some kind of silk blend when I can.