PDA

View Full Version : CO wash and itchy flaky scalp?

laurarvt
July 7th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I have been CO washing (with suave) for around 2 weeks. I've been liking the results, but tonight my scalp is itchy and under inspection, I have little white flakies! Does this mean I need to shampoo?

McFearless
July 7th, 2011, 11:28 PM
It could mean you have build up on your scalp. I get it too every 2 weeks or so. I gently run my nails along my scalp, I think people here call it 'scritching' and that removes the dead skin.

Sundial
July 8th, 2011, 01:29 AM
I agree with McFearless. Can you try clarifying your hair first before continuing with CO using the same conditioner?

If it happens again, you can think about including a session of clarifying after every couple of washes or switch to another conditioner. I find that I need a natural conditioner for CO on the scalp area. VO5 and Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition gave me the itchies and flakes.

Belisarius
July 8th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I just scrub really vigorously and have no more problems with itchy scalp and CO.

FluffSpider
July 8th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Yes, CO was very good on my length but my scalp didn't really agree with it. Perhaps try using an even lighter condish, cone free, oil free and protein free? I've decided C-COW_C is the way to go for me, with an added CWC down the road to get the excess gunk off and sometimes CO if I need to wash but my hair isn't ready.
I had very soft flakies on my scalp:p go figure