PDA

View Full Version : What is an ACV wash?

sakuramoon08
July 7th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I've always wondered what that stands for and what you use. Also what are Rooibo's? Seems someone is doing and experiment on them, and I'm a curious person. If someone could explain them to me, I would be most grateful. :D

Bene
July 7th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Never heard of an ACV wash. Do you mean rinse? Generally speaking, an ACV rinse is diluted apple cider vinegar used after washing/conditioning hair.

Don't know what Rooibo's are.

monsterna
July 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Rooibos is a tea.

Vani1902
July 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Rooibo is a tea. ACV stands for "Apple Cider vinegar". Women use it here as rinses for their hair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=184

I hope this helps. :)

Lisa R
July 7th, 2011, 11:18 PM
ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar.

I mix one tablespoon of ACV to one litre of warm water and when I'm in the shower I wet my hair first then pour the mixture over my head either before I shampoo and condish or after and I let it sit for about a minute or two then I rinse it out. It can help your hair feel soft and look shiny. If you have build-up on your hair (dull looking hair or it is maybe limp) it can be great to break down the greasyness and build-up. I do this rinse about once every two weeks but you can do it as much as you and your hair like I believe.

The rooibos thread is talking about the rooibus tea. I think you can get the tea in most supermarkets.

Hope this has helped you!

sakuramoon08
July 9th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks to all who responded!!!! That has helped alot. I don't think i'll try vinegar again not after the incident with the wrong vinegar and too much of it. I might try the tea, tea rinses usually do work for me... :D

waialeale
July 11th, 2011, 01:49 AM
I decided to water down some shampoo with water and ACV and my hair loved it. I got an empty bottle of shampoo added about 3-4 tbsp shampoo 2-3 tbsp ACV and the rest with water. I have done 2 washes with it and one on my fiance (he has a lot of hair) and have 1 more shampoo left. My hair was horrible when I did a regular ACV rinse but I wanted to give it another try. I have hard water and I am in the bay area (not sure what part of Ca. your in) but the air quality here is bad too and I know it affects my hair.