PDA

View Full Version : New 2011 jamila henna batch.

pink.sara
July 7th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I've just had some new Jamila delivered from Pakistan (my next door neighbour went to visit family and brought me back 500g) and I'll be using it pretty shortly as my lush henna has faded and also turned a dull brown on the ends from straightening.

Just a question about the texture of the mix... It's really "fluffy" for want of a better term! The previous BAQ henna I used was from a local deli and I'm not sure which type it was or how old but it was quite grainy and like mud really. But this new Jamila mixed with just water is silky smooth and kind of like double whipped cream? It was easier to put on so I'm not complaining but it does seem a bit strange!

Anyone else used the 2011 crop yet?

halo_tightens
July 7th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I haven't used the 2011 yet, but ALL the Jamila I've ever used was extremely smooth and creamy in texture. It's my favorite. :)

Henna Sooq
July 8th, 2011, 06:22 AM
The Jamila BAQ is coming out this week, unless the supplier has it stuck in customs it might come out next week and then be available to purchase online. Customs and FDA can be a toughie sometimes :)

But I don't know if you saw the actual testing results. It's 2.64% which is very high. Usually anything over 2.5% is fab.

That was so quick and you are SO lucky to get your hands on some as it's harder to find the Jamila BAQ.

Did they add the dye content to the red writting on the foil package as well? They had mentionned they would put that on, unless they are only doing it to certain batches.

I really feel it's going to be a HUGE hit this year. :)

Henna Sooq
July 8th, 2011, 06:23 AM
PS I agree it's like whipped creamy melted chocolate. One of my faves! I also was told the dye release is coming much quicker, and I'd really like to know if people experience that because otherwise that will scratch out the need for 12-24 hours for dye release.

pink.sara
July 8th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Hiya, yes it has the dye content in red writing on the foil, and I noticed the 2.64! It is a beautiful colour (really deep shiny copper on my auburn hair) and I'm very pleased with how easily it went on and washed off. So easy to mix it thick and put it on thick with no dribbles :)
Also I only mixed with hand-hot mineral water and it dye released in 10 minutes. I was ready to cling film it and leave but by the time I found my cling film and went back it had released orange so I palm tested and it was ready.

I've never used henna so superfresh before an it smells amazing, kind of like a green tea, was lovely.

Can't wait for some sunshine here in the UK to see the real effect! :D

Henna Sooq
July 8th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I can't wait to use it. I don't have yemeni at all...so I got to use something else with rich consistent red tones. I'll see how my hair sucks it up.
Last time I used it, it was a bit of a softer red then what yemeni gives me

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for sharing :)

pink.sara
July 8th, 2011, 06:48 AM
I did have one problem with it. Beautiful colour and super easy to use but it has left my hair feeling a little coated and tangly. Another LHC member has suggested this is a bit of resin coating and will wash off, and with an SMT it does seem to be. But after the first wash it wasn't the most pleasant feeling.

Perhaps the freshness means the resin content is still quite sticky? (just a guess as I haven't used henna this fresh before!)

Either way I would tolerate sticky hair for a wash or 2 for this beautiful colour.

Henna Sooq
July 8th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Yes let us know if with your second washing it comes off. I would imagine it should. Do you co-wash or shampoo it out?

Buggheart
July 8th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Has anyone else who used to use yemeni tried this? I'm all out of yemeni and don't know what to get to replace it.

Henna Sooq
July 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I can't for yemeni to come back! They have a lot of political issues going on there right away and can't get it out of the country.

Buggheart
July 8th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I guess I'll get the Jamila summer crop then until that yemeni is released :)

Henna Sooq
July 8th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I think it'll be the closest. I'm going to use it when it comes in.

RocketDog
July 8th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Exciting!! I still have a goodly stash of frozen Jamila to use, but I *adore* it and would never use any other brand. Even the older frozen stuff gives me dye release almost instantly when I use hot chamomile tea, no sitting and waiting needed. Gorgeous color too!

Henna Sooq
July 8th, 2011, 08:09 PM
did I mention that I was also told the dye release is actually faster with this batch. This might possibly explain why some have not had success with jamila. they check on it after 12 or even 24 hours and it isn't all that great anymore. Faster dye release? possibly? I look forward to testing it out

pink.sara
July 9th, 2011, 01:53 AM
did I mention that I was also told the dye release is actually faster with this batch. This might possibly explain why some have not had success with jamila. they check on it after 12 or even 24 hours and it isn't all that great anymore. Faster dye release? possibly? I look forward to testing it out

Well I didn't use any acid in mine 3 days ago and it dye released instantly. And yesterday I did a friends with chammomile tea and a few teaspoons of lemon juice and it still dye released within an hour.

The resin residue has now washed off after a 3rd wash and the shine is lovely. And even after oxidising it with the hairdryer and Straighteners, very bright!

blueygirls
July 9th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Do you guys put your Jamila henna in applicator bottles to henna your hair?

Henna Sooq
July 9th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I don't usually use bottles to apply henna. I use: a bowl to hold the paste in, a spatula to mix it with, a hair dye brush, gloves, towels, and my hands too. I start at the front and you should make four sections for easier hair dyeing and move towards the back from there. Then pull all up together and cap it up or saran wrap it. Towels around your shoulders and old t-shirts are good to have on too.

pink.sara
July 10th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I use a tint brush to get a neater edge to my hairline then just smoosh in handfuls. I do separate it into 4 sections and do the back bottom 2 first then the top. A shoulder towel is a must and then pile it on top of my head, cling film and a wooly hat. Then just wait!

Henna Sooq
July 10th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Just a note, and it's not that what someone does is wrong, and we have to do what works for us and is easy, but I just wanted to explain why salons and why I mentionned starting at the front and moving towards the back. They do this because if you have grey hairs, they are usually harder to dye or sometimes troublesome, that you have to start from the front so you allow they dye the most of time to saturate and color there and then go towards the back. I thought this was interesting when I learned this at a natural hair studio sometime ago.

curly girl fla
July 10th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Just FYI, Butters-n-Bars (http://www.butters-n-bars.com/jamila2011baq.html) has the 2011 crop available and 15% off with code: SUMMERCROP all week...

pink.sara
July 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Just a note, and it's not that what someone does is wrong, and we have to do what works for us and is easy, but I just wanted to explain why salons and why I mentionned starting at the front and moving towards the back. They do this because if you have grey hairs, they are usually harder to dye or sometimes troublesome, that you have to start from the front so you allow they dye the most of time to saturate and color there and then go towards the back. I thought this was interesting when I learned this at a natural hair studio sometime ago.

I cover grey around my temples but given it takes about 10 mins to apply and I keep it on for 3+ hours I don't bother with front to back. Also I find keeping the top separate when it's covered with heavy henna difficult and usually bits drop onto the lower layer and cause tangles.
I use the front to back and roots to tip method with conventional dye for that reason though. :)

sycamoreboutiqu
July 10th, 2011, 08:49 PM
>>if you have grey hairs, they are usually harder to dye or sometimes troublesome, that you have to start from the front so you allow they dye the most of time to saturate and color there and then go towards the back. I thought this was interesting when I learned this at a natural hair studio sometime ago.>>>

I agree - I used to teach color classes for Sebastian and the front to back method is pretty much just for regular tint that is only going to stay on for 20-40 minutes.

For henna purposes since it stays on for so many hours it isn't really an issue.

That said - I still do the grey spot on my temple first - then start from the back and work up to the top. With waist length hair, and doing on yourself it is a heck of a lot easier - and I am only doing root applications.

sarahbrownie
July 11th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I'm so excited. Just ordered 2 boxes. As much as I enjoyed Henna Hut, and it fading within a month, I really would like to try a BAQ henna. I hope the red will be more intense than the auburn tint Henna Hut gave me. And I got it less than henna hut too!

Brat
July 17th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Just FYI, Butters-n-Bars has the 2011 crop available and 15% off with code: SUMMERCROP all week...

I have some of that on my head right now! Super smooth compared to the other henna I used before...

sarahbrownie
July 17th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I have some of that on my head right now! Super smooth compared to the other henna I used before...

Can't wait to see the result!

Seishin
July 18th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Hi Lovely People. I'm new to LHC but just wanted to say I think the community is fantastic and so supportive. Wish I'd come accross you guys sooner.

I'm a new henna head. After 10 years of chemical dye on my 3c hair, enough was enough. Over the last two years I've lost about 1/3 of my pony tail circumference, and right now I just have to run my fingers through my hair and it keeps on falling from the root. Doctors have done all the tests and I have the all clear. Everyone keeps saying its my age and that curly hair falls out more. I dont take that on board. I've cut my hair from waist length to a bob because I couldnt bear to see the long hair in clumps everywhere. But after discovering LHC I'm filled with hope again, that I can recover my hair loss and be nicer to me and my hair. Not ready for the greys so I took the plunge and went for the Jamilla 2011 crop. It went on like a dream and washed out great. I had coppery red on my roots and the second day it had oxidised to a rich mahogany. I mixed with lemon and a hot infusion of rooibos tea and rosemary oil. Left for dye release for 24 hours and left in my hair for 4 hours. I wasn't aware that this batch may have a quicker dye release and I'm wondering now whether I should have applied it sooner? :confused:

Viechen
July 18th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I was so sad when I realized that Yemeni Henna was unavailable for a while... But then I finally gave in and ordered a nice supply of Jamila from HennaSooq because it was over half price off for the 2011 crop. I cannot wait to get it and try it out!! My roots are starting to get quite unsightly but at least I can see how much my hair has grown in the last two months :p

theodora
July 18th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Welcome Seishin!
I hope you find the right routine for your hair and you manage to minimise your hair loss. I can relate as I shed a LOT as well, it's still something I'm working on.

If you're happy about your henna result, it doesn't matter if you did not apply it quicker. Maybe try for a shorter period of time for dye release next time.

Seishin
July 18th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Thanks Theodora. Id love to be able to have enough hair to wear it like yours someday. Its Beautiful:)

theodora
July 18th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Thank you so much for the compliment! :o

giuditta
July 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I was so sad when I realized that Yemeni Henna was unavailable for a while... But then I finally gave in and ordered a nice supply of Jamila from HennaSooq because it was over half price off for the 2011 crop. I cannot wait to get it and try it out!! My roots are starting to get quite unsightly but at least I can see how much my hair has grown in the last two months :p

I was wondering if the Jamila was a good alternative for the Yemeni, let me know how you like it!

Brat
July 18th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Can't wait to see the result!

It doesnt look much different, except for the spots I missed with he black box dye.. Those are a bit orange at the moment lol! But the black dye looks much more rich and there is a really pretty red tone that I can't capture in a pic. I've tried! I have to say that it was smooth and easy to apply, VERY easy to rinse and my hair feels thick and wonderful. I have another box, might order more to stash for next time..

Viechen
July 18th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I was wondering if the Jamila was a good alternative for the Yemeni, let me know how you like it!

I wasnt sure either but the new HennaSooq website has a live chat option and I spent about 30 minutes talking to someone who really helped me figure out what would be the best alternative... The Jamila came highly recomended and did not have very many differences... The fact that it was on a super sale helped a lot :) I just got 500g for about $20 incl. shipping :D It is supposed to arrive later this week and I will try it out on Friday or Saturday because those are my days off. I will post pictures and updates as soon as I can.

giuditta
July 19th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Owww so I just missed the super sale! Funny you talked to them on the chat, I just emailed them with the same question! I'm waiting for your results and then I think I will order the Jamila too :D

Viechen
July 19th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Owww so I just missed the super sale! Funny you talked to them on the chat, I just emailed them with the same question! I'm waiting for your results and then I think I will order the Jamila too :D

Yeah, I didnt know they had a sale on the BAQ Jamila and I was about to order a different kind. Then I had a question about their newly designed site and the lady that helped me told me about it :) I think I paid $3.99 for 100 gramms instead of the $7.-ish it usally is... I just had to get a little more than I planned if its such an amazing price :p I absolutely cannot wait to find the package in my mailbox... haha I am frantically checking it several times a day JUST IN CASE...:cheese:

ETA: your kitties in your sig are so cute >.< The black and white one has such similar markings to mine :D

tigereye
July 19th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I just ordered a batch too. 500g of the 2011 crop, and I still have almost 300g of the 2010 crop left from experiments and glosses, which should tide me over nicely for a while. I am not hennaing at the mo (to keep the parents happy), but will post photos in september, when I am due to move out ( it feels like forever. I love the colour my strand tests came out and I desperately want to get started). Until then, into the freezer it goes.

giuditta
July 20th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I didnt know they had a sale on the BAQ Jamila and I was about to order a different kind. Then I had a question about their newly designed site and the lady that helped me told me about it :) I think I paid $3.99 for 100 gramms instead of the $7.-ish it usally is... I just had to get a little more than I planned if its such an amazing price :p I absolutely cannot wait to find the package in my mailbox... haha I am frantically checking it several times a day JUST IN CASE...:cheese:

ETA: your kitties in your sig are so cute >.< The black and white one has such similar markings to mine :D

O yes keep checking keep checking, cause now I'm impatient for you to get it too!:cheese:

Oww thanks, they are such darlings, I've just had them for 6 months now and I love them so much :kitten:

Seishin
July 22nd, 2011, 06:15 AM
Pink Sara I'm looking to do my second round of full henna with this crop. It seems to have washed out of my white hairs that I did a week ago. I'm hoping it will be more successful second time round. I'm using 100% henna on my darkest-brown natural hair, with about 10% white hair. First time I used lemon juice and some rooibos tea and left the mix for 24 hours..... don't know if that was tooooo long. I didn't check on it in between, so just wondering if I may have left it too long as the dye may have released earlier:o Lemon was too drying for my hair, think I'll give it a miss this time and just stick with the tea. Have you got any tips :eyebrows:

tigereye
July 22nd, 2011, 06:53 AM
First time I used lemon juice and some rooibos tea and left the mix for 24 hours..... don't know if that was tooooo long. I didn't check on it in between, so just wondering if I may have left it too long as the dye may have released earlier Lemon was too drying for my hair, think I'll give it a miss this time and just stick with the tea. Have you got any tips
I think 24 hours was way too long. See my experiment down below. You really don't need to leave it any longer than a couple of hours.

I bought 5 boxes of this stuff, because I love Jamilla, even though I have 2 1/2 boxes of the 2010 crop left over from glosses. I plan to do a full out henna-ing sometime soon, so I did some experimenting. :stirpot:
The new stuff mixes up so silky smooth. I love it.:D It feels like it would mush down into my roots so much easier. Last night, I set up two experiments with hair from my hairbrush. Both had the new 2011 crop, with a little of the old stuff too, and were mixed up with only some hot, strong rooibos tea (because my hair looooooves the stuff) to yoghurt consistency. One I applied instantly, and left it for 4 hours, whilst the other, I left to dye release for two hours first, then applied and left for 8 hours. They came out the same. Almost exactly the same colour. And it looks so pretty!

I guess I'm just really saying that dye release is pretty immediate with this lot. You don't really need to leave it. And you don't really need lemon juice either, because the colour was pretty strong with just hot tea.
I love this henna. I don't think I'll ever go to another brand.:cool:

Hypnotica
July 22nd, 2011, 07:02 AM
I have never left Jamilla dye release more then half an hour before putting it on my head for about two hours.

Hm.

Seishin
July 22nd, 2011, 07:02 AM
Pink Sara I'm looking to do my second round of full henna with this crop. It seems to have washed out of my white hairs that I did a week ago. I'm hoping it will be more successful second time round. I'm using 100% henna on my darkest-brown natural hair, with about 10% white hair. First time I used lemon juice and some rooibos tea and left the mix for 24 hours..... don't know if that was tooooo long. I didn't check on it in between, so just wondering if I may have left it too long as the dye may have released earlier:o Lemon was too drying for my hair, think I'll give it a miss this time and just stick with the tea. Have you got any tips :eyebrows:

Seishin
July 22nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks tigereye, will definately take your advice;)

Viechen
July 22nd, 2011, 08:33 PM
*sigh* still no Jamila in my mailbox... I guess I will have to wait 'till next week... :( *checks the mailbox again, just in case*

pink.sara
July 23rd, 2011, 05:06 AM

Hiya, the first time I used lemon juice it was too drying for my hair too. I used plain hot water (not too hot, could still stick my finger in it!) and left it to dye release for about 10 minutes. It was only on my hair for 3 hours and has left a really strong red shine that hasn't faded at all after a month.
Its gorgeous stuff!

I think just tea should dye release very quickly, good luck with the next batch! :)

sarahbrownie
July 23rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
*sigh* still no Jamila in my mailbox... I guess I will have to wait 'till next week... :( *checks the mailbox again, just in case*

I know! I bought it from Butters-n-Bars than it's coming from Canada, so it might take some time in customs. You'll probably get yours before I get mine. :D

Mingle
July 24th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Is Jamila on the cool red side or does it have more orange-y tones?

pink.sara
July 24th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Its more orangey for me definitely. :) but then I've only applied it twice.

Mingle
July 25th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Aw. I'm trying to get a dark cherry red colour.

Viechen
July 31st, 2011, 04:12 PM
I got my Jamila in the mail :cheese: I just put it on my head and will hopefully take some pictures tonight or tomorrow once it has driend naturally and de-frizzed. First impression: I looove the texture! It was so soft and fluffy and much easier to put on my head than the Yemeni. I used some tea that contained Hibiscus and mixed it with my electric mixer. I used to apply the Yemeni with a plastic bottle but the consistency of the Jamila was so soft and fluffy that I felt it was easier to just take it in my hands and apply it like conditioner...

Hope this isnt too much boring info :p let me know if you want more so I dont ramble to death...

Mingle
July 31st, 2011, 08:35 PM
Oh do tell! I want to know how it turned out! :)

Viechen
July 31st, 2011, 09:05 PM
i just washed it off an hour ago and my hair is still a little wet but so far I LOVE it :p Currently my hair seems to be a little more orange than i prefer but I am thinking that will relax in the next day or so. One thing I really want to mention is how EASY it was to wash out the thick henna mixture. I made this batch a little thicker than usual because I was planning on walking around and do stuff but I had no problems rinsing it out. I will be taking pictures once its completely dry and post them on my album when I can (work nightshift during the next few days)...

Im glad someone is interested in my henna adventures :p My SO laughs and has begun scowling a little, haha. :)

giuditta
August 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Wow so exciting that you finally got to try it!
I'm very curious on how it settles down after a few days, if it stays orangey I don't think it's for me :(

Mymagicfairy
August 1st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Mine stayed more orange than I liked
Don't get me wrong ..still amazing henna and if I had nothing else I would stick with jamilla
I ended up doing hindigo a week after as I didn't like the orange ....I had three yemeni left in the freezer....it's running low
I used Yemeni with the indigo the second time around
I am also hoping that hennasooq willsoon carry Yemeni again

Seishin
August 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Okay, so as I promised I did my second attempt with Jamilla. I added really strong rooibos tea, left for dye release for 45 mins and applied for 3hours. It was soooooo much easier to wash out without the darn lemon juice!!!! My hair was shiny and soft and thats saying something for my hair type. My natural hair colour is darkest brown/black, so I can definately see an orange/red hue in certain light. But it is definately more on the orange side than red. Not too keen about this. The white hair around my temples is bright orange!!!!! I wanted more of a red so not sure if I'm going to do a whole head again, and may just stick to glossing for the benefits. I might try Indigo to darken the colour ....... any thoughts?

pink.sara
August 1st, 2011, 01:55 PM
I've now applied it 3 times and it's gone to a red colour rather than the orange to start. I have also applied indigo straight, aiming at jet black but it's ended up a super dark chocolate brown with a deep red shine which is really pretty.
It definitely gets more red with repeated applications though.

kdaniels8811
August 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
I have hendigo on my head right now, Jamilia henna with indigo mixed in, about 50/50 mix. The sift is really nice! Previously this combination gave me a beautiful dark auburn, see my albums for pictures. My hair grew back in a dark brown so I am hoping to have the same good results. Applying this was super easy, took 10 minutes to mix the indigo into the dye released henna and apply to my head using a color applicator bottle. I mixed the rest into conditioner for a gloss to apply in a few hours. Fun, fun, fun! Now if someone would come home and take a picture so I can post it....

Seishin
August 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM
@pink sara - you say you've used indigo. Was that before your third application. Im looking to get as red as possible too. Im thinking of applying indigo to my orange roots around th temples only. Did you apply all over and then henna? Also whats better, two step hendigo or one....help

Viechen
August 1st, 2011, 09:13 PM
Okay, so as I promised I did my second attempt with Jamilla. I added really strong rooibos tea, left for dye release for 45 mins and applied for 3hours. It was soooooo much easier to wash out without the darn lemon juice!!!! My hair was shiny and soft and thats saying something for my hair type. My natural hair colour is darkest brown/black, so I can definately see an orange/red hue in certain light. But it is definately more on the orange side than red. Not too keen about this. The white hair around my temples is bright orange!!!!! I wanted more of a red so not sure if I'm going to do a whole head again, and may just stick to glossing for the benefits. I might try Indigo to darken the colour ....... any thoughts?

(bold to emphasize) I have noticed this as well but now (a day and a bit later) I have noticed that orange hue lessen a lot. My henna has also darkened for me quite a bit. I really like it now and definately WILL do it again. Pictures soon :D

sarahbrownie
August 15th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hennaed with my Jamila. For the sake of double posting pictures are in the 'Show me' thread, specifically here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1737696&postcount=2285). 'Tis very orange!

pink.sara
August 15th, 2011, 09:43 AM
@pink sara - you say you've used indigo. Was that before your third application. Im looking to get as red as possible too. Im thinking of applying indigo to my orange roots around th temples only. Did you apply all over and then henna? Also whats better, two step hendigo or one....help

Hiya, I used Jamilla 3 times on it's own, mixed just with water and it went very dark red, like dark brown inside with dark light, with a blood red shine in the sun.
It was really pretty but I didn't quite feel like it was me... So I used indigo/henna with 150grams indigo 20grams henna and ended up super dark chocolate with a red shine.
Since then I have used indigo on it's own 4 times to have a jet black result. I've finally managed to kill the Jamila flare!

HTH! :)

pink.sara
August 15th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Sorry! Double post!

Autumnberry
August 15th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I have hendigo on my head right now, Jamilia henna with indigo mixed in, about 50/50 mix. The sift is really nice! Previously this combination gave me a beautiful dark auburn, see my albums for pictures. My hair grew back in a dark brown so I am hoping to have the same good results. Applying this was super easy, took 10 minutes to mix the indigo into the dye released henna and apply to my head using a color applicator bottle. I mixed the rest into conditioner for a gloss to apply in a few hours. Fun, fun, fun! Now if someone would come home and take a picture so I can post it....

Congratulations on your hair growth progress and on your health! Before I logged on to LHC today, I was wondering how you were doing and was very pleased to find that you are well and busy
hendigoing :D. With the yemeni currently unavailable, I'm going to get Jamila this time. From what everyone says, it looks to be good. I am still considering a hendigo (I've been doing 100% henna for 3 years) to get some deeper tones in my hair, but I'm a little hesitant in case my roots look much lighter. I may buy a small amount of indigo just in case :).

Navydoc_76
August 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I used Jamila henna for about a year and loved it! (it was 2010 stock). I have switched over to Henna Huts burgundy and love that intense color even more..

Jamila is a great brand-very good henna and consistant color everytime...

11eleven
September 16th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Would anyone know how long to get dye release from the 2011 batch?

sarahbrownie
September 16th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Would anyone know how long to get dye release from the 2011 batch?

I would say nothing more than an hour or an hour and a half at max. The batch I made took very little time. Also, a nice way is know is your rub a little henna on the back of your wrist and if it turns your skin a rusty-brown than it's good to go!

Henna Sooq
September 17th, 2011, 07:07 AM
The suppliers of Jamila said it's taking less time then some leave it out for previous (10-12 hours) as they did lab tests and say it was ready in 3-4 hours, but I do know plenty of people that use it within the hour and on. As long as you're leaving it in your hair a good amount of hours, then it'll still also be dye releasing on your hair.

Ashenputtel
September 18th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Hum I am VERY tempted about this.

I actually like coppery tones. I use to dye my hair red and it looked realy good. But I swore I would go back to my natural ash tone.

Decisions, decisions.

I hate the fact that it never goes away.

11eleven
September 18th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the replies in regard to time release :)

Inkwell
September 18th, 2011, 11:06 PM
It's on sale currently, right? I was wondering about the color. I'm very tempted to try it...

Henna Sooq
September 19th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Like all hair dyes that are permanent they don't go away. When using pure henna powders and those termed also BAQ, you can go back to another chemical color if you prefer at a later time. You can also do hair strand tests to be sure :)

Littlewing13
January 12th, 2012, 02:15 AM

This is very true, however that is with conventional colours that take max 45 min to develop. I wouldnt magine that it would make too much difference with henna if it needs to be on for hours. Although, it doesnt hurt to try.

serin blackwood
April 25th, 2012, 05:37 PM
The suppliers of Jamila said it's taking less time then some leave it out for previous (10-12 hours) as they did lab tests and say it was ready in 3-4 hours, but I do know plenty of people that use it within the hour and on. As long as you're leaving it in your hair a good amount of hours, then it'll still also be dye releasing on your hair.

I see that most here have a fairly quick dye release with the Jamila 2011 - my question is now that the batch is a bit older, will it take more time for dye release?
I just got some recently from Henna Sooq and am wondering what to expect.
It is my first hendigo with "real" henna (I've used Lush Caca Brun before, which doesn't need any time for dye release for some reason)
Thanks all.

Amber_Maiden
April 25th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I've definitely gotten very fast dye release form it.

serin blackwood
April 25th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks Amber, did you use it recently or back when it was fresh? How many hours, about, did it take?