PDA

View Full Version : Need Trimming Bangs Advice

Dragon
July 7th, 2011, 05:37 AM
I have a question on trimming bangs for wavy to curly hair.
Do you get better results on trimming straight across bangs on wet, damp or dry hair?

Nev
July 7th, 2011, 06:08 AM
i would never recommend trimming your bangs when they're wet!!! trust me its not a good idea. i've been trimming my own bangs for a long time now, and i always style my hair first, then i trim on my styled hair.

jasper
July 7th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I have that wavy/straight hair that will cause my bangs, which look straight if combed when damp, to flip out or stand up in little horns or curls at the edges. I generally cut them dry. They shrink/ lift up as they dry, so wet cutting is a good way to make them way too short.

If they are not behaving, it can be impossible to keep from cutting them crookedly. In that case, I will wet them down, and hopefully keep shrinkage/lift in mind.

The best plan is to do the trim when my bangs are behaving, and not to cut on impulse when they're not. Can you guess when trims usually happen?

VikingVampChick
July 7th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I agree with the above. Don't do it wet - I've done that numerous times (slow learner) and it looks...well, with the short curly bangs and the rest of my hair all poofy from brushing (I know better now), I've been told my hair looks like Hagrid. Love the character, but the hair...

Dragon
July 8th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Thanks for all your replies :) I'm asking because I have a friend who wants me to trim there's. I will do it on dry hair.