PDA

View Full Version : It's been just 4 months...

pixiedust
July 7th, 2011, 03:47 AM
...that I've been stalking LHC, avoiding the heat and the bleach, and treating my hair properly.

I'd say it's been an amazing transformation.

I've not measured precisely because I fear it'd keep me from continuing to cut out the layers and severe damage (which I must, it was monstrous...) but considering the fact that I've been trimming monthly, the length retention is something I've never experienced before. My pictures aren't amazing because I'm kind of new to the whole "taking photos of the back of my head" deal, but I'll get it eventually. :eyebrows:

This is what my hair looked like about 3 months prior to joining LHC. My hair was thinning and breaking at suc an alarming rate that I gradually took it from APL to CL to this...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/dietcokeandconverse/150293_463417562475_526422475_5886478_3015197_n-1.jpg

This is Nov 19, 2010. I insisted on not going shorter, but you can see how extreme the damage was from the ear down.

This next one was taken around the time I joined LHC (I think? I don't remember. It was March 4th, 2011, anyway.)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/dietcokeandconverse/193515_10150108202102476_526422475_6740400_2067086 _o.jpg

And this is the result of henna, going cone/bleach/heat free, oiling the scalp and hair regularly, proper detangling, monthly trims and 2 weekly DTs. These photos were taken last night, my roots are still a bit damp and the topmost layer is clipped up because it's longer than all the other ones and causes tangling if I let them touch (I should really just cut it but I'm afraid of anyone who wants to come near me with scissors :rolleyes:) Turns out I mistook years worth of damage for naturally thin hair, when actually it's quite thick (just baby fine!). PS, te left side is noteably short than the right due to the fact that I'm growing out an EXTREMELY asymmetrical pixie, hah. And.....

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/dietcokeandconverse/IMG_20110706_013755.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/dietcokeandconverse/IMG_20110706_013816.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/dietcokeandconverse/IMG_20110706_021353.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/dietcokeandconverse/IMG_20110706_013903.jpg

Have to say, I'm extremely thankful to all of you here with your phenomenal rituals, product recs, support and knowledge. :eek: Let's keep growing !

IanB
July 7th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Well, that's just fantastic, what a transformation and what an endorsement for "The Natural Way" many congratulations, Ian :D

Theobroma
July 7th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Wow -- what a difference those four months have made! Your hair looks beautifully healthy and shiny!

vanity_acefake
July 7th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Ooh what an amazing difference. Your hair has certainly grown and looks great.
:)

pixiedust
July 7th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Thank you thank you :D Wouldn't be nearly as healthy or shiny without the help of LHC! I'm sure at one point or another I've absorbed some sort of helpful hint from all of you guys/ladies ;) My hair has never been shiny without cones ! And come to find, the only reason it's always been so kinky/curly/frizzy is because stylists always wanted to "thin it out" AKA shred/texturized my length. It's like, thanks lady, but it'd probably look better if you'd just pluck it right outta my scalp, geez :l

Dina L.
July 7th, 2011, 04:04 AM
that's a very big difference and an amazing growth! congratulations and don't stop doing these "rituals" :)

pixiedust
July 7th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Yes, rituals. ;) My magic witchcraft hairspells, bwahaha.

I define rituals as boar bristle brushing, washing routines, etc etc.

But for those of you who are farmiliar with Wiccan practice, I fully support anyone's decision to pursue a hair growth spell and if you find one that works, do tell. ;)

tgagurl27
July 7th, 2011, 04:19 AM
your hairs grown heaps.. it's amazing :D

pepperminttea
July 7th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Wow, look at that shine! :coolblue: What a difference four months makes!

pixiedust
July 7th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Haha, thanks, im also pretty amazed. :D

Although, I can't help but wonder... It doesn't seem to grow unless I oil my scalp heavily with Castor or jojoba a few times a month. Every time I do this, I end up having spending an hour detangling these weird matted scalp tangles, which results in bizzare sudden 1/2 inch or so of growth. I wonder what it could be ? Like, is my hair growing out tangled and thusly, "protected" in a strange way ? I guess it's hard to explain but my hair is incredibly fine; single hairs on my hair are literally microscopic, I'm a stylist and I touch hair every day and HAVE YET to come across another person with hair like this... :l

ETA: Thanks, pepperminttea! I aspire to someday have hair as long and healthy and beautiful as yours; seems we have a similar hair type aswell ;) I'll probably have to creep on some of your posts now and gather information, LMAO. :D

Alaia
July 7th, 2011, 05:09 AM
What an amazing transformation! :D

Your hair looks lovely! :D

vintage88
July 7th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Wow your progress is amazing, congratulations :)

metricfuture
July 7th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Haha, thanks, im also pretty amazed. :D

Although, I can't help but wonder... It doesn't seem to grow unless I oil my scalp heavily with Castor or jojoba a few times a month. Every time I do this, I end up having spending an hour detangling these weird matted scalp tangles, which results in bizzare sudden 1/2 inch or so of growth. I wonder what it could be ? Like, is my hair growing out tangled and thusly, "protected" in a strange way ? I guess it's hard to explain but my hair is incredibly fine; single hairs on my hair are literally microscopic, I'm a stylist and I touch hair every day and HAVE YET to come across another person with hair like this... :l

ETA: Thanks, pepperminttea! I aspire to someday have hair as long and healthy and beautiful as yours; seems we have a similar hair type aswell ;) I'll probably have to creep on some of your posts now and gather information, LMAO. :D

You could be describing my hair exactly, and it used to frustrate stylists to no end back when I was still getting it cut on a regular basis. Your hair looks very nice, it's amazing what a difference 4 months makes!

Rocket22
July 7th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Looks fantastic and what an amazing transformation in only 4 months. That is very nice for the newbies to see!! It can be done with a little knowledge and some patience.:)

October
July 7th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Your hair is beautiful and super shiny! :)

Zesty
July 7th, 2011, 07:48 AM
So much shine! It looks very healthy and pretty. :) I'm glad everything has worked out so well for you.

ZeppHead
July 7th, 2011, 09:21 AM
You were definitely one able to pull off great short hair. Im kinda jealous. Your hair looks great 4 months later! Healthy and shiny for sure!

heartgoesboom
July 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
wow, you look great in any hair :)

Roscata
July 7th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Wow you hair has grown visibly and it's so shinny. I love the pixie cut you started with, it's something I've had before. :D

spidermom
July 7th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Your hair is coming along very nicely; you should be proud.

Although I must admit - I like the edgy look of your "before" pictures.

kamikaze hair
July 7th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I totally agree with spidermom (hi!) that your awesome haircut originally was..well, awesome. :) i have a thing for short hair on girls, i get jealous cause i look like a total gooba with short hair. But the four months after is absolutely incredible, your hair looks AMAZING!

:cheese:PARTY PARTY PARTY!!! the cheese says PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpinDance
July 7th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Great progress, congratulations!

pixiedust
July 7th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Aw thanks guys ! I really did like the short cu, but it's always been short since i felt it was so hard to manage :l Figured it was time for a change (:

Emerald88
July 7th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Amazing progress. It's so healthy looking and I love the color & shine!

Angel_099
July 7th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Your hair has changed dramatically---Sooooo shiny and healthy looking! Beautiful!:applause

tinti
July 7th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Your hair has grown a lot, and it's so healthy and shiny now! Good job :)

Keepitgrowing29
July 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Congratulations pixiedust! Your hair looks amazing..so shinny and healthy.