PDA

View Full Version : on a desert island, only 2 hair products?

darkrose
July 7th, 2011, 02:06 AM
is it oil, conditioner, a brush or something else? i know it will be hard to choose one so you can choose two items. :)

if you were stuck on a desert island,( its not too sunny, nor that windy) and you could only bring 2 hair things, what would you take?
i would bring hair oil and a boar brush.:eek:

Kyaatje
July 7th, 2011, 02:17 AM
is it oil, conditioner, a brush or something else? i know it will be hard to choose one so you can choose two items. :)

if you were stuck on a desert island,( its not too sunny, nor that windy) and you could only bring 2 hair things, what would you take?
i would bring hair oil and a boar brush.:eek:

shampoo bar and coconut oil :p

pixiedust
July 7th, 2011, 02:32 AM
AOHR, and TJ's balanced moisturizing shampoo.

why, you ask ?

because i can dilute the heck out of them; plus, i garuntee you that on a desert island i'd have enough time to carve a comb, find a boar, some coconuts, and a way to correctly cold press oil.

bahaha :P

Joliebaby
July 7th, 2011, 02:34 AM
I'd make my own detangling comb there.. I could probably do WO but I think a shampoo bar would be nice, and some oil. These would double for washing and moisturizing the whole body. Or is that stupid and I should try to bring as many items as possible, separate for body and the allotted two just for hair, LOL! I just don't use that many products.

claymoregalatea
July 7th, 2011, 02:40 AM
a conditioner and a leave-in conditioner haha
cause i think the desert sun would fry my hair
and i can just use fingers to brush it (it is my fav tool anyway)

Neneka
July 7th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Hmm.. Maybe a scarf. I don't think I would need anything else. If I could bring a knife I could make everything I need.

LunaMoon
July 7th, 2011, 04:21 AM
I think I will need nothing, because everything we can make there and WO is really good for hair.
Well just to choose something:
1. BBB (just to save some boar's life there)
2.Scarf

Wavelin
July 7th, 2011, 04:33 AM
tangle teezer and hair-elastics

pepperminttea
July 7th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Coconut oil and a tichel. :)

Monsterkitti
July 7th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Hair scarf and a heavy conditioner :)

Ligeia_13
July 7th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Um...a comb and conditioner...I think.

Damn, this is hard :p

Curly_jas
July 7th, 2011, 04:51 AM
ooh i like this thread :)
I would take with me my Deman D3 brush and one of the tresemme naturals conditioner (such huge bottles plus they work great on my hair)

Mina17
July 7th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I'd bring some VO5 conditioner for washing and to use as a leave-in conditioner and a wide-toothed comb.

Alaia
July 7th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Conditioner and a hat. :tongue:

Not specifying conditioner as that is impossible for me right now :tongue:

mrs_coffee
July 7th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Coconut oil and a scarf/bandana.

CarpeDM
July 7th, 2011, 05:18 AM
A comb and coconut oil...

Raiscake
July 7th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Coney serum and a hair stick.

I'm guessing this desert island has some palm trees... and maybe coconut trees? Harvest those coconuts for food and hair care! This isn't cheating, right? :P

jasper
July 7th, 2011, 06:32 AM
At last, an excuse to to go for those dreads! I don't know how to create or manage dreads, though, so I will have to read up on the process before heading out to the island so I'd know what to bring.

Madora
July 7th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Wide tooth comb and a pure boar bristle brush!

vanity_acefake
July 7th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Leave in with a SPF and a sun hat.

elbow chic
July 7th, 2011, 07:06 AM
scarf and a wide tooth comb. But hey, are we going to a desert island or a deserted island? Because if it's really the former, I want a ton of fresh water.

curlymarcia
July 7th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I choose my lovely sweet almond oil and coconut milk for deep condition. It's all I need.

MissAlida
July 7th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Wide tooth comb and hair elastic.

AMD
July 7th, 2011, 08:54 AM
my shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie (for moisture sealing/deep conditioning) and a wide tooth comb.

I cant just count on coconuts being there. it may be a fruitless island

swetiepeti
July 7th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I'm doing a ditto on MissAlida's wide tooth comb and hair elastic

Nessie_
July 7th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I'd take an elastic and a brush :).

silverjen
July 7th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Wide-toothed horn comb and a scarf. I'm assuming there is fresh water available, otherwise I'll be too busy dying of thirst. :)

QueenJoey
July 7th, 2011, 09:18 AM
my seamless comb and my favorite hair stick.

I could get some coconut milk there, so that beats out having to bring my glass jar of oil. (It would probably break, and be a waste of a choice.) I'd probably just WO there for the first time, since if it's deserted, I don't have anyone to be around to see how greasy my hair is.

I know I want my comb because it's the best comb ever, and my tangles would drive me to insanity. Combing my hair is actually therapeutic for me, and would calm me down/stop me from going crazy while waiting for someone to rescue me.

My favorite hair stick holds my hair better than any other, so I could get my hair off my neck. It could also double as a mini sword because it's metal and the tip is kinda pointy :)

Narya
July 7th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Hair elastic and tons of fresh water. If there's water there (I want to drink and I wouldn't like to was my hair with sea water!), then conditioner.

ZeppHead
July 7th, 2011, 09:23 AM
well, a wide tooth comb and
oh man this is hard
id have to say a light conditioner like V05

Wavelin
July 7th, 2011, 09:36 AM
This is a fun tread! Everyone answers so different!

HereIGrowAgain
July 7th, 2011, 10:52 AM
My banana clip, my hybrid BBB.

darkrose
July 7th, 2011, 12:12 PM
wow, these answers are really interesting! sorry about the confusion, i did mean "deserted"not desert.:/

BroadwayBeauty
July 7th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I'd bring my double dip detangler and my Aussie Cleanse & Mend conditioner.

spidermom
July 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner and a comb.

freckles
July 7th, 2011, 12:21 PM
my tangle teezer and a hair fork. I guess I'm going WO even though I've never tried before, because I won't not brush it, and I won't have it getting in my face all the time! :lol:

LunaMoon
July 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I think I will need nothing, because everything we can make there and WO is really good for hair.
Well just to choose something:
1. BBB (just to save some boar's life there)
2.Scarf

I change my mind!!!! Can I have other chance?
I choose:
1.BBB
2.Shea butter:D

WaitingSoLong
July 7th, 2011, 12:29 PM
A razor and a hat.

Maybe I take this too seriously, but if I was REALLY stranded with no hope of getting home in a week or two, I would shave it all off bald. :shrug:

And just for giggles, most people do not know in advance they are going to be stranded on a deserted island and have time to prepare their choices. Ok sorry for wrecking the fun.

lastnite
July 7th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I'd try making a wood comb there I guess. Products, Vatika coconut oil since it has some extra good stuff besides just coconut oil and some henna herbal blend like the Nupur henna, then I can use it as a conditioning wash and a full henna treatment when needed.. I wouldn't need conditioner, I could just mermaid soak it out in the ocean, since I'd be by myself it's not like anyone would be watching then :D

Nightshade
July 7th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Henna and chamomile. The chamomile can double as a shampoo and conditioner AND a tea ;)

ArienEllariel
July 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
a good conditioner and a stiff boar bristle brush. I know I wouldn't last long without some kind of brush... And all islands have coconuts so I'm sure I could improvize something and either use coconut milk or get some coconut oil outa there to coat my ends. Carve a wide toothed comb... yep. I'd be fine.

PolarCathy
July 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM
If I was stuck for a long enough time I would shave my head and let it grow from scratch. so I would only need a comb or not even that. That would be the ultimate freedom!

Of the Fae
July 7th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Comb and conditioner. If the island were warm my hair would get awfully dry;)

celebriangel
July 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM
1. Tesco's coconut conditioner (for washing and conditioning)
2. Nightblooming's summer panacea salve (for smoothing and protection).

I could get by just fine with finger combing :)

epigrrl
July 7th, 2011, 01:15 PM
A razor and a hat.

Maybe I take this too seriously, but if I was REALLY stranded with no hope of getting home in a week or two, I would shave it all off bald. :shrug:

And just for giggles, most people do not know in advance they are going to be stranded on a deserted island and have time to prepare their choices. Ok sorry for wrecking the fun.
Bwahaha--I love this answer! :)

My hair's not too long yet, so I'd go for:
*wide-tooth comb
*scarf or bandana

Since we're all so crafty on this island, I'd plan on carving some hair sticks between killing a boar for its hair and harvesting coconut milk :p

Safira
July 7th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Well....... Panacea Original, and my mix where is gonditioners added at the same, then I would put my hair to hold a good wooden comb, so no-one sees that I have comb in my hair, :)

SwordWomanRiona
July 7th, 2011, 01:29 PM
AOHR, and TJ's balanced moisturizing shampoo.

why, you ask ?

because i can dilute the heck out of them; plus, i garuntee you that on a desert island i'd have enough time to carve a comb, find a boar, some coconuts, and a way to correctly cold press oil.

bahaha :P

:D, that's funny!

Me...
1. My special brush (for my superfine hair)
2. Sweet-almond-based shampoo.
I have lived without conditioner or oils for years, but I can't live without shampoo or a brush :) And I'd find a way to do tea rinses, if the island in question has tea-plants or similar :p

xoerincolleen
July 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Conditioner and hair ties!

WaitingSoLong
July 7th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Bwahaha--I love this answer! :)

LOL. Just another one of my many excuses for shaving my head. Wonder if I will ever get the chance. HIJACK: I have several head-shave scenarios, they are all bad: my hair gets burned while I am grilling or burning trash, etc, my hair gets caught in some horrid device, I get cancer and will be losing my hair anyway, I am in an accident and they have to shave my head to operate, my husband or child dies and I do it as a sign of mourning, some chemical gets spilled in my hair and eats it half off, I am forced to join some military and being a girl doesn't exempt you from shaving your head, now I can add deserted island to my list :O)

PianoPlaye
July 7th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Scarf & knife. The rest I'll make up as I go along.

(Hm, hadn't realised how much I pack as standard, my "EveryDayCarry"!)
Unless there's no water & no vegetation, at which point I'll have to go swimming.
<insert Jaws theme here>

slythwolf
July 7th, 2011, 01:53 PM
A sturdy stick and my horn comb.

slythwolf
July 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Scarf & knife. The rest I'll make up as I go along.

(Hm, hadn't realised how much I pack as standard, my "EveryDayCarry"!)
Unless there's no water & no vegetation, at which point I'll have to go swimming.
<insert Jaws theme here>
I think if there's no water and no vegetation, you'd have bigger problems than how to care for your hair. Like, you know, survival.:D

Quezie
July 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Garnier triple nutrition and my body shop comb.

What an excellent opportunity to learn to stretch washes! :D

bna_rapunzel
July 7th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'd bring my brush and my conditioner. :)

RitaCeleste
July 7th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Scissors and a brush. If I'm stuck on a dessert island, I'm going for a serious trim, like to the neck.

seaj
July 7th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Olive oil simply because it's also great for a billion other things, and a hair brush. At least I'd finally make a transition to WO.

long&blonde
July 7th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Totally twisted herbal essence shampoo & Garnier leave in conditioner.

RitaPG
July 7th, 2011, 05:48 PM
conditioner and coconut oil:p

CariadA
July 7th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I would bring a pocket knife that I could use to carve hairsticks, combs, etc.
I would also bring baking soda. I don't use it right now to wash my hair, but I could in a situation like that. Plus I could use it to wash my face and body and brush my teeth.

Hopefully I'd find some coconuts or maybe some aloe vera plants!

AlleyKitten
July 7th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Assuming I had survival items, I'd bring my Grah-Toe Studios fork, since my hair flying around in the wind would make me totally crazy in addition to tangling and causing damage, and the fork could double as a comb/aid to fingercombing. Also VO5, since I could use it to CO and also as a leave-in. If I'm cut down to only two hair items, I'd just suck it up and deal with the greasies, as long as my ends are protected.

I spent ten weeks camping once with only elastics and a brush (I had the chance to wash my hair three or four times). Two english braids = great for keeping your hair out of your way. The only problem was that it took forever to get it detangled once I left it in the braids for a couple of days.

Monkey962
July 7th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure I'd even need hair products. Perhaps I'd bring oil to prevent damage from dryness, but otherwise, I'd read up on how hair oils are produced, and try to make my own from whatever vegetation was on the island. Assuming there was a fresh water source, or at least fairly frequent rain, I could use either of those for washing. I could fashion hair ties out of vines, hair sticks and combs out of dry wood. As a result, I might just bring a knife and some hair scissors, to trim away splits.

suraque
July 7th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Hair tie and

a heavy conditioner.

Although, I'd probably be lost without a comb or brush...
but there'd be no way of me being able to comb or brush my hair if I haven't used a conditioner in a while.

CurlyNaomi
July 7th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I can't, I think. My hair have all kinds of needs...

I can't only live by co-washing I need a low poo or sulfate poo once in a while.
I need a heavier condish than the one for CO.
I need some grapeseed oil in my life.
I need some styler my hair is way too wild without for my taste.
Some scrunchies.

At least I'm able to finger combing lol :)

Sundial
July 7th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Conditioner and hair fork. The hair fork can double as a detangler if the need arises

Lorisal
July 7th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Conditioner and a comb

free_hug
July 8th, 2011, 12:17 AM
On a desert island... I guess I'd go for dreads :D and a lot of swimming under the sun.... (please make it South Pacific)

twilight_faerie
July 8th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Hmmm. I'd go with a hair fork (no way am I keeping my hair down all the time, and hair forks don't stretch out the way elastics do)...and VO5 Kiwi Lime conditioner for COing. I considered going with a wide-toothed comb, but I could just finger-comb if need be.

growingpains
July 8th, 2011, 12:23 AM
oh man so tough. I was tempted to say brush/comb and a two-in-one shampoo conditioner (I know, subpar compared to the real deal but hey, beggars can't be choosers). But the idea of the hat is pretty good too, especially given the likely heat stroke. So, I guess, for me it would be the two in one and the hat and I'd use the fingers for detangling. But, at some point that s/c would run out and some mad tangles would ensure. Salt+sun+no brush/comb+no shampoo or condish= mega tangles. Maybe I'd rock out dreadlock style at that point. Or hunt down some "natural" cleansers on the island...

Bene
July 8th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Ok, I'm going to cheat a bit.

A comb/brush isn't a "product", it's a tool, so it comes along regardless :D

Now, about "products". In general, people will use a shampoo (or cleaning agent), a conditioner (or some conditioning agent) and some sort of leave-in. In my case that's a shampoo bar, ACV, and oil.

So, going by that, I'd have to judge which is more important. Cleanliness vs. appearance vs. manageability.

On a deserted island, in the beginning, getting rescued would be my priority, so I don't think cleanliness, appearance or manageability would even register to me. Wash my hair? What? Who's going to build this bonfire? Who's going to sit around obsessively looking at the horizon and sky hoping to catch sight of something passing by that I can signal?

After I've given up all hope of rescue, my next priority would be survival. Food, shelter, provisions. At this point, any thoughts given to my hair would be "I need to keep this out of the way" Dirty hair (at least mine) tends to stay where I put it. It doesn't move as much. It's just greasy, right? So an occasional cleaning would come in handy, to avoid matting and to make sure no fleas or lice or other external parasites have decided to make a home on my head. Not so concerned with appearance. So, shampoo bar it is. Product #1.

Later on, once I've got my routine settled, I suppose the next concern would be manageability. I'd say an ACV rinse helps with that because it's my conditioner, but on second thought it's actually my leave-in that helps me when de-tangling. ACV rinse, while useful and I'd rather go not without, it's not that crucial to keeping my hair healthy and happy. But oil actually serves a real purpose. So oil. Product #2.

All that deduction kind of reminds me of the Sicilian in The Princess Bride :laugh:

ANYWAY

My final answer: shampoo bar and oil.

Ishje
July 8th, 2011, 01:09 AM
But hey, are we going to a desert island or a deserted island? Because if it's really the former, I want a ton of fresh water.

I was wondering about that too XD I just imagen it is a deserted Island for me.

I would take a good conditioner that moisturizes and detangles, preferably bio degradable because I don't want to damage the island :p
and I would like to take a head scarf.

I think on an island like I imagen there would be trees that carry healthy stuff for hair (avocado, coconut) and I could carve my own comb.

Loreley
July 8th, 2011, 01:39 AM
1. My favourite shampoo
2. Coconut oil.

lesbia
July 8th, 2011, 02:16 AM
A conditioner and an hair-elastic. :)

Bohemian Haze
July 8th, 2011, 02:25 AM
My 'Happy Hair Days' Conditioner and Tangle Teezer :)

Eishe
July 8th, 2011, 03:31 AM
My first though - wow, what a nice chance to go water only. Since I'm quite crafty, it wouldn't be hard to fashion all kinds of hair sticks, hats or even combs if I have my trusty knife (I don't leave the house without it) and it's not a hair-related thing. If I'd get really desperate making some oils or soap shouldn't be that much of a problem.

So in essence I'd need only two things:
1) S&D scissors, peferrably made from adamantium
2) Henna. I think a couple kilograms + a bunch of seeds should suffice.

Molster
July 8th, 2011, 03:41 AM
1. Endless supply of Lush Flying Fox shower gel (my Holy Grail, itch stopping shampoo replacement!!)

2. Jojoba oil

I can make myself a comb, which would be the other essential :)

Maverick494
July 8th, 2011, 05:29 AM
1. regular shampoo
2. regular conditioner

After all this experimenting with coconut oil, rinses, indian herbs, hair masks, etc. I have come to the conclusion that my hair likes regular washing and conditioning the most. A comb would be nice too but I'm pretty sure I could make my own if needed.

jujube
July 8th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Lotsa Suave conditioner and grapeseed oil. Branches make nice hairsticks.

WaitingSoLong
July 8th, 2011, 07:29 AM
All that deduction kind of reminds me of the Sicilian in The Princess Bride :laugh:

INCONCEIVABLE!

All these answers are interesting. LOL.

Nathanael
July 8th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Hi,

Hairbrush and hair-elastic. Definitly.

Debra83
July 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner and a wide-tooth comb

P.S. You were nicer!! When I did a thread like this a couple of years ago....I only let them bring one item!!!

MandyBeth
July 8th, 2011, 11:37 PM
A razor and a hat. Shaving my head since my hair is too fussy for that and need to protect my scalp from the sun.

Becky9679
July 9th, 2011, 12:47 AM
A razor and a hat. Shaving my head since my hair is too fussy for that and need to protect my scalp from the sun.

I think this is probably the most practical solution, though I'd probably go for 50+ sunscreen instead of a hat ;)

LunaMoon
July 9th, 2011, 09:12 AM
a good conditioner and a stiff boar bristle brush. I know I wouldn't last long without some kind of brush... And all islands have coconuts so I'm sure I could improvize something and either use coconut milk or get some coconut oil outa there to coat my ends. Carve a wide toothed comb... yep. I'd be fine.
Not all islands have coconuts! I have been in some near Argentina and Uruguai (not tropical) that was no palm trees, no coconuts at all, just oak trees, fig trees...

Hiriel
July 9th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Hair elastic and tons of fresh water. If there's water there (I want to drink and I wouldn't like to was my hair with sea water!), then conditioner.

Actually, I think that if there's no fresh water to drink, there's no need to worry about washing your hair ;)

I think I'd go for a scarf and my hair brush. Maybe sneak in an elastic.

neko_kawaii
July 9th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Hum, I think I'd take a knife and a scarf. I could control my hair with the scarf until I'd managed to smooth some sticks with the knife and then both items would be useful for other purposes. As far as washing it. Meh. I'm on an island, who is going to care what it looks like as long as it isn't bothering me.

kamikaze hair
July 9th, 2011, 09:36 AM
a hair fork and a scarf. If i could pick two items and one could be a non hair related product i would pick the scarf and a knife. If i could pick ANY two items i would pick a knife and my favourite James McAvoy picture to keep me company. (hey what can i say, i'm in love!)

:cheese:PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!! the cheese says PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Narya
July 11th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Actually, I think that if there's no fresh water to drink, there's no need to worry about washing your hair ;)

Good point! But just in case... ;)

nazzooyzo
July 11th, 2011, 03:06 PM
vo5 conditioner and a comb

Lianna
July 11th, 2011, 03:36 PM
SLES based shampoo (with cones). I would be very bothered with itchy scalp without it. CO would work, but isn't the optimal choice for me.
Comb.

A stick (branch) will suffice to put hair up.

greygardens
July 11th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Coconut oil. Even if the island has coconut trees, I'm not much of a climber.

And white vinegar for my second item. As a bonus both items are edible and multipurpose.

racrane
July 11th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I thought about it for a while and then realized I could make everything I needed. But I really like VO5 products, so maybe as a treat have 2 conditioners? :D

AshleyTheRed
July 11th, 2011, 06:15 PM
My wooden comb and my shampoo/ shampoo bar.

ttverdy
July 11th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Wide tooth comb + conditioner

Neoma
December 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I was thinking of this thread today, and just had to bump it.

If I were on a desert island and could have an unlimited supply of only two products, I would want VO5 Strawberries & Cream conditioner and coconut oil.

I don't consider hair toys to be "products." So I'm going to say that I would have my Madora ivory comb and a Ron Quattro StarLites "U" fork with me, too! :D

Darkessa
December 18th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Scrunchie and conditioner.
Definitely.
I can comb through my hair with my fingers if necessary. :)

white.chocolate
December 18th, 2011, 02:13 PM
The largest bottle of my shampoo that I can find, and another one of it.

maria_tasha
December 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM
shampoo and coconut oil.

Shesta
December 18th, 2011, 02:47 PM
coconut oil and conditioner

Egana
December 18th, 2011, 02:58 PM
desert island? don't need hair products... probably would let it go all natural, and then twist / dread it as it grew...

jaine
December 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
desert island? don't need hair products... probably would let it go all natural, and then twist / dread it as it grew...

That's what I would do too!

jeanniet
December 18th, 2011, 03:03 PM
To be honest, scissors first, because I'd cut it short. My long hair wouldn't make it without turning into a mess. Then a Tangle Teezer to keep what's left from matting. Or I'll go along with MandyBeth and say a razor and a hat. If I'm spending my time trying to survive, I don't want to be dealing with hair! :p

leslissocool
December 18th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Shampoo and conditioner!

chelles2kids
December 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM
A wide tooth comb for detangling & some oil...prolly my panacea.

I figure that somewhere on the island there would be something other than saltwater so I could wash it that way with water only & I'm sure that I could find something to be used as a hairstick.
So yeah, just a wide tooth comb & some panacea.:D

isabelx
December 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Shampoo because I can't bare my hair feeling dirty, and conditioner because I can't bare it being a tangly, dry mess. I'd use my fingers to comb it out :)

LaceyNg
December 18th, 2011, 04:20 PM
garnier 3 minute undo for deep conditioning, and a wide toothed comb. i figure WO is alright for washing, and theres bound to be something there to tie my hair back with. i could handlehair getting lighter from the sun, but not dry, tangled hair!

Hollyfire3
December 18th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Oh wow, i would take a wide tooth comb and a leave in conditioner with sun protection. Guess i'm going water only...crazy curls here i come! Also, will Richard(Brian Krause) from Return to the Blue Lagoon be there? In which case, screw my hair, i would rather see him!

Amber_Maiden
December 18th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Tangle Teezer and BBB.

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Monistat and my oil blend

sarah061
December 18th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle conditioner
Goody Spin Pins

All my hair needs to survive! <3 Love this thread; I wish I could go off to a deserted island for the winter. Much rather be trying to survive that than finals week here at University, bleh!

battles
December 18th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I'd bring a widetooth comb and camellia oil. Keep it braided and oiled most of the time, all set.

Impulsive
December 19th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Ok, I'm going to cheat a bit.

A comb/brush isn't a "product", it's a tool, so it comes along regardless :D

You beat me to it. I was thinking almost the exact same thing. I don't consider brushes, combs, elastics, or hair toys as hair products. Those are accessories, and therefore:

Hair Products
Suave conditioner and Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner

Hair Accessories
Scissors
Elastics
Hair stick
Comb
Hat

8)

Audhumla
December 19th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Hmmm . . this is difficult.
Hair scissors are sensible because otherwise splits would get out of control
aaaaand . . .almond oil is a awesome for my hair so scissors and almond oil it is.
For washing I can raid the nests of island birds and egg wash.

Lissandria
December 19th, 2011, 02:31 AM
If I were on a desert island and could have an unlimited supply of only two products, I would want VO5 Strawberries & Cream conditioner and coconut oil.

I would probably have to second this. Can NOT live without Coconut Oil. As for Vo5 Strawberries & Cream it is good for CO washing, straight plain CO etc, etc. It is moisturising but still has protein. My hair loves it :inlove:

Tota
December 19th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I would take ACV and Castor oil. Sea water would do the rest :)

Milui Elenath
December 19th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Everytime I see threads about desert islands I want to write a LHC story about a bunch of LHCers shipwrecked. Written from the perpsective of an anthropologist who has found the remains of what he believes to be an extinct tribe. He would expound some wild hypothesis of how they lived whilst coming upon hairsticks, scissors (sharp pointy weapons) excessive amounts of coconut shells (coconut worship - not so untrue ;) ) and draw the conclusion that we killed each other. Of course the reality was that we were all so busy admiring and doing each others beautiful hair that we simply forgot to eat or didn't see the tsunami. . .

Anyway . . . So I guess I might take a mirror and a knife (for carving :) )

Lisa R
December 19th, 2011, 04:47 AM
A hair friendly elastic and my Cosmica conditioner:)

Milui Elenath: That is very creative! I had a good chuckle:)

embee
December 19th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Denman brush and a MeiFa hairstick. :)

|Xei
December 19th, 2011, 05:07 AM
I think all I would really need is conditioner, since I could use it for CO and as a leave-in. I guess the second item would be a hair tie, so I can keep it contained and out of the way.

boofles
December 19th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Definitely my Dove Oil Care shampoo / treatment set, can't go without it at all :D

Neoma
December 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Everytime I see threads about desert islands I want to write a LHC story about a bunch of LHCers shipwrecked. Written from the perpsective of an anthropologist who has found the remains of what he believes to be an extinct tribe. He would expound some wild hypothesis of how they lived whilst coming upon hairsticks, scissors (sharp pointy weapons) excessive amounts of coconut shells (coconut worship - not so untrue ;) ) and draw the conclusion that we killed each other. Of course the reality was that we were all so busy admiring and doing each others beautiful hair that we simply forgot to eat or didn't see the tsunami. . .

Anyway . . . So I guess I might take a mirror and a knife (for carving :) )

This post made me smile. See? :D

lapushka
December 19th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Just shampoo and conditioner. I know: boring. :)

angiescurls
December 19th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Coconut oil and Biolage Conditioning Balm.

Nae
December 19th, 2011, 11:20 AM
2 in 1 Shampoo/conditioner and some coconut oil. But these need to be HUGE jugs. I know I can dilute the 2 and 1 and make it last forever but I need a healthy scalp. And hey, I can EAT the coconut oil if necessary.

I should be able to find a branch if needed for a hairstick.

3azza
December 19th, 2011, 11:29 AM
conditioner and leave in...

Yame
December 19th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Shampoo and condicioner. It's all I need...

Amarante
December 19th, 2011, 12:14 PM
My wooden Body Shop comb, and a foot-long double-ended knitting needle, to use as a hairstick that would take me a while to outgrow. :)

DancingQueen
December 19th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Mi castor oil mix and my tangle teeter :)

Oksana
December 19th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Conditioner and my tangle teezer :)

Mayflower
December 19th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I would say shampoo but then again, I think that hair would get used to never being washed after a few months. A comb... hmm I could use my fingers. Coconut oil? Could probably make it there.
Haha I think I would go with henna/indigo and a hair elastic!

cooklaezo13
December 19th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Huge box of baking soda and a huge bag of citric acid. I can comb with my fingers, maybe make some coconut oil there. That's all I need for my hair.

VikingVampChick
December 19th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Oil & long rectangular scarf. Finger combing would do.

Ermine
December 19th, 2011, 04:48 PM
A brush and lots of light conditioner. Ocean water dries and tangles my hair like crazy and no doubt I'd be spending a good amount of time in the water.

Orangerthanred
December 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Two-in-one shampoo and hair scissors.

JessiBird89
December 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Joico Chelating shampoo and cone-free conditioner. I'm sure sea salt builds up easily on hair!

Alex Lou
December 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I'm thinking that I don't need anything at all!

I love the way my hair is after a swim in the ocean. I'll just swim every day, several times a day and massage my scalp in the salt water. I can finger comb.

vanillabones
December 19th, 2011, 08:14 PM
wide tooth comb.... and hair elastic that i will not lose (considering i lose them often).
Nobody would be there to see me, so I wouldn't care too much for having cleaned hair even though when my scalp is oily it breaks out in itchy bumps but eventually it would get used to the water cleansing and adjust, I wouldn't bother bringing a product because it would run out eventually.

starrydawn
December 20th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I just watched Survivor the other night and thought about this haha. I would bring coconut oil and a conditioner.

sarah061
December 20th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Although, if we were all on the island together and could combine all of our 2 supplies just think how well off we'd be! :D It would be just like being at home - probably better!

Niphredil
December 20th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Shampoobar and scarf, in the assumption that it will be sunny and fresh, soft, water available.

NativeGirl
December 20th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Tangle teezer and spin pins.

angelfell
December 20th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Shampoo and conditioner. I discovered if I used only those two things, and don't even comb my hair at all.. it dries fine. Not super fantastic, but probably way healthier than messing with it.. so yeah :p.

kwaniesiam
December 20th, 2011, 01:01 AM
I would bring nothing. If I were trapped on a desert island hair would be the least of my worries. I'd let it form natural dreadlocks and wash it in the ocean water.

jojo
December 20th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Id take my wooden comb and my BBB! and id chop down coconuts, crack them open and press the oil out of them and then carve the shells to make hair forks or I could catch fish and use their back bone :D

Flutterbee
December 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Shampoo and conditioner. I could use my fingers to detangle if need be and I'm sure I would be able to find a stick suitable for holding up my hair. But for having my hair soft and be manageable, S&C would be necessary.

UP Lisa
December 21st, 2011, 09:27 AM
Sulfate shampoo and a detangling conditioner.

Avital88
December 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
hair elastic and a conditioner

Sagi1982
December 21st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Only two... hmmm... okay, I choose my shampoo bar and a hairstick. :D

Maktub
December 21st, 2011, 02:13 PM
A light, natural fiber, very long scarf (to tie / protect / keep up / etc) ... and, hmm... EVOO

Id keep it up, well oiled and protected from the sun /tangles and just let it grow ! (and then I'd get a nice trimm when I get out of there !! :D)

Anje
December 21st, 2011, 02:24 PM
Conditioner and an extra knife (can carve hairsticks, whatever, and I'd rather have that than hair stuff). I can fingercomb.

Riyoka
December 21st, 2011, 03:11 PM
I would have to say my regular shampoo & condish, lol. I NEED to atleast wash my hair every other day. I usually use the Yes! To Carrots shampoo & conditioners.

PaganPriestess
December 21st, 2011, 03:25 PM
My good old paddle brush and hair ties!

Heartwillfollow
December 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
4 prong hair fork and condish.. figure the 4 prong can double for detangle and wearing my hair up :)

beautifulending
December 22nd, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hair ties and a heavy conditioner.

Loviatar
December 22nd, 2011, 11:31 PM
A silk or cotton scarf for my hair, big enough to cover the whole lot, maybe like a tichel, and a wide brimmed hat. I don't care about my hair enough to sacrifice my face under that desert island sun!

I can fingercomb and go NW :)

earthymamawitch
December 24th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Trader Joes Nourish Spa (cowash) was also gonna say coconut milk (for soaks, my hair LOVES this more than anything these days) and/or coconut oil but as ya'll pointed out there should be coconuts there to get that from lol... sooooo I guess my all-time fave leave-in, toadstools hair condish!

Jenn

luxepiggy
December 24th, 2011, 05:41 AM
An easy decision for me - my favourite CO-washing conditioner, and Aquage Beyond Shine (^(oo)^)v

wicked kisses
December 24th, 2011, 06:35 AM
I'd have to say my good 'conditioning' comb and my pashmina shawl. Of course, I will *never* go out in the sun... praying theres a good cave??

eezepeeze
December 26th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hmmm, do multiple hair ties count as one or two items? Well, I'd bring some shampoo and a hair tie(s). Is that being to practical? maybe i should say shampoo and conditioner and plan on making a hair tie while there. Surely there would be something there to make a hairstick out of.

No, I'm sticking with shampoo and a hair tie.

schiele
December 26th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Suave naturals conditioner (or any cone-free conditioner that's not super moisturizing, my hair's not too picky) and flax seed gel! Those are really the only products I use anyways. I guess I'd have to carve a seamless wide tooth comb but I'm pretty sure I could figure that out.

woolyleprechaun
December 26th, 2011, 11:38 PM
My little wooden comb and some coconut oil, definately:D. Id rely on my creativity *ahem* to fashion a charming hat from miscelaneous findings:cool:

SoulOfTheSea
December 27th, 2011, 12:14 AM
A hair tie and shampoo. I'm sure I can condition my hair with some coconut milk from fresh coconuts, and I can finger-comb. :)

blondecat
December 27th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Olive oil [for hair and body moisturiser] the salt water should get it out again.

ACV for balance

Chocolate..................... Just cause :-)

christine1989
December 27th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Easy- my big hair clip and leave in conditioner. :)

darkrose
December 27th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Olive oil [for hair and body moisturiser] the salt water should get it out again.

ACV for balance

Chocolate..................... Just cause :-)

Chocolate is a must! I can't imagine a week without chocolate :/

gogirlanime
December 27th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm SO shocked no one is thinking about hair toys or something to put your hair up! Omg... your hair is gonna get stuck in so many trees and sand is gonna get in it and everything!

Mine are

1. Hair toy / band to keep it up and protected
2. Conditioner to wash and keep it moisturized

Why not these:

1. Scarf / Hat
Because you can just make one out of the huge leaves on the island :eyebrows:
2. Shampoo
Your hair is gonna be dry enough swimming in sea water trying to catch fish :pins:
3. Oil
It does moisturize deeply but so can a huge glob of conditioner and conditioner can also help to wash your hair
4. Comb
You can just use your fingers

Thats just me... maybe I thought about it too hard... lol :laugh: Not trying to troll I'm just saying I'm SO shocked hardly anyone chose something to keep their hair up.

Nakjter
December 27th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Shampoo and coco oil

nakmom
December 27th, 2011, 01:52 PM
A brush and a ponytail holder!

PriscillaCherel
December 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM
A brush and conditioner, I think they have coconut on that island hehe! Or other plants :)
Why not hairtoys? I can make some hair toys right:)? It's a island!!

clairenewcastle
December 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Dried catnip to make conditioning hair rinses with and my hairbrush.

Maelyssa
December 27th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I'd have to bring with me a lifelong supply of cone free conditioner plus Goody's Ouchless Brush.

coffinhert
December 27th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Vinegar and coconut oil.

I could probably make both of those things there ^_^

I wouldn't need a hair tie because once my hair grew long enough I could just braid it and tie it with grass.

RedDevil
December 27th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Conditioner and a scrunchi (sp?):):

SwordWomanRiona
January 9th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Thats just me... maybe I thought about it too hard... lol :laugh: Not trying to troll I'm just saying I'm SO shocked hardly anyone chose something to keep their hair up.

Well, supposing you have a knife, you can always carve yourself a hairtick/fork from a small branch! :p