PDA

View Full Version : Scalp very sensitive to touch of hairpins, supposed 'tugging', etc

shikara
July 6th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Does anyone else have this problem? I'm so aware of the pins in my updos, and when I go to 'fix' the pin that's digging into my scalp - it isn't. It's merely resting upon it. Same with a braid - that middle section seems to get pulled down and tugs so I'm not wearing them anymore - even though when I touch that area, it doesn't really seem tight or pulling at all, just a tad of tension. It seems I can't win so I'm wondering if it could just be a sensitivity of some sort. I know I'm not doing them 'wrong'.

BlazingHeart
July 7th, 2011, 12:25 AM
You may just have a sensitive scalp. I'm very tender-headed, too.

~Blaze

CarpeDM
July 7th, 2011, 06:00 AM
I'm super tender headed and can't even manage a bun because it pulls on my head too much...

AMD
July 7th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I have this problem too! I initially thought it was because of my fine hair strands, but I do have a sensitive scalp in general

spidermom
July 7th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Oh yes - I have the worst time with bobby pins. It's a shame because I've pinned up some really nice styles a few times, and it always seems like the weight of the entire style is hanging on just a few hairs. This happens with braids every once in awhile, too. Grrrrrrrrrrrr! I hate having to un-do styles that look good, but I can't tolerate the pulling.

swetiepeti
July 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I have better luck with spin pins instead of bobby pins for not feeling like they are pulling on my hair. Perhaps the way they distribute the pull?

gthlvrmx
July 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM
You don't know how bad it was in marching season. Bobby pin galore underneath that pineapple bun with hat that leaves a deep red mark all around your head and forehead. I think i got a scab before, blood, from the bobby pin going into my scalp.
Buns usually hurt a little on certain parts even if i try to make them loose

QMacrocarpa
July 7th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I have better luck with spin pins instead of bobby pins for not feeling like they are pulling on my hair. Perhaps the way they distribute the pull?
I find it makes a difference if the spin pin is horizontal or vertical as well, so if one way is uncomfortable, try the other. I haven't used mine in a bit, so I can't be sure which way it is, but I think they might be more comfortable when the spin pins are horizontal.

Raiscake
July 9th, 2011, 06:53 AM
I have this problem. :( My scalp just feels tender after a long day of keeping it up. I made the mistake of wearing the same hairstyle over the week at work because I didn't wanna think about it too much. Now my scalp is hurting. Lesson learned, I suppose.