PDA

View Full Version : I can't get the most of my hair texture.

snakewitch
July 6th, 2011, 10:48 PM
My hair is usually 2b/2c. Sometimes it's mostly 2c, and sometimes it's even 2a.

Lately it's either 2a or 2a/2b. I haven't really changed my routine much. The only change I can think of is that I bought a tangle teezer, and I honestly don't see how it could make my hair un-curly.

What can I try to make my hair curly again?

twilight_faerie
July 6th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Don't brush or comb your hair after washing it. This is the absolute only way I can retain any of my wave after my hair dries. I comb my hair with conditioner in it in the shower, then rinse, and then don't touch it other than maybe a little finger-combing. If I comb while it's drying, or after it dries...bye-bye waves.

jojo
July 7th, 2011, 03:08 PM
The brush will definitely kill some of the wave. I dont comb mine while its wet at all and I BBB twice a day, I do lose some of the wave I tend to go from a 2b/c to a 2a/b though my ends still remain curly.

LunaMoon
July 7th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I think we have the same kind of hair.
My hair was really curly (with spirals!) when was shorter, but now depends what I do. I am COing and getting back my waves and curls. I brush my hair before washing only... I comb at morning but I have to mist a little to get the curls back...

spidermom
July 7th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Washing my hair before bed and puddling it in the space above my pillow gives me the nicest spiral curls.

BlazingHeart
July 7th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Have you tried plopping? That seems to be a very popular method among wurly/curly folks to get the most out of their texture.

AMD
July 7th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I second plopping as helpful for curls. (although my hair is much curlier)