PDA

View Full Version : bumble and bumble cream de coco

jaquelines
July 6th, 2011, 05:59 PM
has anyone tried their conditioner ? i took a look at their ingredients and as far as my LHC knowledge concerns, they seem to have protein and cones, right ?
i found a link including their full ingredients : http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlproducts/view/3579/Bumble-and-bumble-Creme-de-coco-masque

was wondering if i can use it as a CW, or SMT.
:D

Water, Glyceryl Tribehenate/Isostearate/Eicosandioate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Lactobacillus/Olive Leaf Ferment Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Equisetum Hiemale (Horsetail) Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cholesterol, Hydrogenated Avocado Oil, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Silicone Quaternium-16, PEG-75 Stearate, Polyquaternium-59, Panthenol*, Glycerin, Keratin, Trideceth-10, Shea Butteramidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Undeceth-11, Steareth-20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Ceteth-20, Butyloctanol, Butylene Glycol, Linoleic Acid, Undeceth-5, Palmitic Acid, Wheat Amino Acids, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Edta, Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Fragrance

Sundial
July 6th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Yeah I used the entire range before LHC - shampoo, conditioner, and treatment. I liked Bumble and Bumble's sea spray and thought I'd try their hair care products.

:rolleyes: The product smells great (if you like coconuts) and it worked amazingly at first. I had soft, smooth, tangle-free hair. But the condition of my hair worsens with each use. It felt as though there was some kind of waxy buildup on the top while ,y ends are dry. The waxy feeling was persistent even when I switched shampoos - it took a few shampooing to clarify.

I couldn't understand why then, but post-LHC, I understand its probably due to build-up of cones and that my hair hates protein. It didn't work out for me, but not everyone's hair freaks out from the cones and proteins, some hair tyes really thrive with cones and proteins. You may want to clarify often while using it though but at least you know what to look out for.

Kdc0180
July 7th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I currently use bumble and bumble seaweed conditioner. I like it! It doesn't make my hair feel heavy and I had no bad reaction to it after I started using it. It's a very light conditioner. After conditioning I rinse with ACV so I'm not sure if that affects anything. haha

SallyCinnamon
July 7th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I have used both the B&B Coco Creme Shampoo & Conditioner. I really like the shampoo. The conditioner is good, but I found it a little too thick and hard to rinse out completely. When I use the conditioner I mix it half-and-half with Suave coconut conditioner. I'm almost done with my bottle. I don't know if I would buy it again because it was pricy, and some of my less expensive products work just as well. I would buy the shampoo again though.

jaquelines
July 8th, 2011, 04:53 AM
so is it worthy ? if one would use cones ? between that or alterna or aveda ?

Sundial
July 8th, 2011, 06:38 AM
It's not something I will purchase again. As what SallyCinnamon said, it is pricey and I feel that there are other products which do a better job for less.

Perhaps you can tell us what your hair prefers - cones or no cones? proteins or no proteins? There is an Aveda thread somewhere I believe. You may want to do a search for it. It should be under the Conventional Products and Accessories section