PDA

View Full Version : Emu oil?

minerva_deluthe
July 5th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Googling, I see this oil mentioned on here as a great one (can't actually search it directly here as the words are too short), but the threads are years old. Any recent experiences with emu oil? Does anyone use it regularly? I have a bottle, but I also have coconut oil, wondering which is better... Thanks!

QueenJoey
July 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for making this! I myself was about to start it myself because, yeah, too short for a search. Um, I know it's supposed to be really great for both hair and skin, which is why I want it. But I think you're best off just sticking with coconut oil since it also benefits hair, but costs a whole lot less.

kitcatsmeow
July 5th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I <3 Emu oil! I started using it mostly for my stretched lobes since it's the only oils safe for stretching since it's antiseptic. It's extremely moisturizing and penetrates the epidermis. I believe it's a carrier oil because of it's properties. It's heavy though and expensive and hard to find. I've also been suing it on fresh tattoos with great results and recently put a drop or two in my mister with my jojoba and jasmine. Hair likes it :)

After I massage my ears I'll finger comb my hair with whatever emu oil is left on my fingers. I think it's also good as a scalp oil.

If anyone has any more info though and more experience with it as a hair oil I'd love to know as well!

krissykins
July 6th, 2011, 12:59 PM
If you search for emu*, it should show up in the search :D

Other than that, I have not tried emu oil because I feel bad for the poor emus.