PDA

View Full Version : How to accentuate waves?

monsterna
July 5th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Well... just what the title asks. :) How do I make my waves appear more? I'm a true 1c/2a. Some days I'm straight 1c, others I'm a definite 2a. I'd rather be just 2a!

Any tips or anything I can do to accentuate them? Thanks!

Tehillim408
July 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I'd like to know too! ;)

amaiaisabella
July 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I tend to scrunch my hair when wet with a good curl-enhancing mousse, after COing and putting a bit of leave-in or oil on the lower half of my hair. Some people use the CG method, and I know there's a drying method involved using a t-shirt that may be helpful.

x0h_bother
July 5th, 2011, 04:05 PM
For me: serum and/or good coney conditioner. Plopping and scrunching do not work for me.

QueenJoey
July 5th, 2011, 04:17 PM
We have the same hair type? Well, if I just comb and air dry when I shower in the morning, my hair dries completely straight. My hair gets really wavy when I shower at night and sleep on it. More waves if I do a loose bun on top of my head.

I have this curl defining serum from Garnier Fructis. I just spray on my hair when it's damp and scrunch, and I get some more waves

monsterna
July 5th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Are mousses and serums damaging (sort of like how hairspray is)? Or are they just another thing that easily washes out such as a leave-in or something?

What I normally do is shower at night and sleep on it either almost dry or completely dried. I usually have a hint of wave, but some days more than others. I comb when I get out of the shower and after it dries, as I don't want it to dry with possible tangles or something. Probably if I didn't do that, I would have more wave, but it's not really an option for the reason I just said. I don't feel comfy with just finger combing either.

Thanks for the tips so far!

meganb990
July 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I use aloe vera gel with a little bit of alba leave in conditioner and it really enhances my waves. I also sometimes use a tiny tiny bit of honey mixed in. Plopping with a t-shirt works well too as Amaiaisabella mentioned. Also I sometimes like to use jessicurl products especially the rocking ringlets curl enhancing gel it has flaxseed gel and sodium magnesium which for some makes there hair wavier/curlier.

Firefly
July 5th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Are mousses and serums damaging (sort of like how hairspray is)? Or are they just another thing that easily washes out such as a leave-in or something?

Some gels and especially mousses have alcohol in them, so read the labels carefully!

Toiréasa
July 5th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I CO wash at night put a little leave in condish in,finger comb and let my hair air dry to a damp state and then twist it in a couple of sections and put it all up in a bun on the top of my head and in the morning I have tons of curls that stay all day with any help.

tinti
July 5th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I CO wash at night put a little leave in condish in,finger comb and let my hair air dry to a damp state and then twist it in a couple of sections and put it all up in a bun on the top of my head and in the morning I have tons of curls that stay all day with any help.
Maan, I have to try that :D

Kdc0180
July 5th, 2011, 06:59 PM
If I want bigger waves I do two braids and sleep with my hair wet. Three braids works best with my hair because it's so thick