PDA

View Full Version : Read those labels !

sycamoreboutiqu
July 5th, 2011, 12:15 PM
This is a "Do as I say" "Not as I do" situation.

I went to do a CO this morning with the new batch of Sauve Naturals coconut oil conditioner I just picked up (bought 3 bottles at Walgreens, 2/3.00 seems like a good price).

I saturated my dry (waist length) hair and prepared to put it in a shower cap for an hour or so to soak in - until I realized it was SHAMPOO !!!

Darn it all anyway. Apparently in looking at the ingredient lists I put back the conditioner bottle and grabbed the shampoo one off the shelf. They look identical, and all three were shampoo.

So, I MISTAKENLY washed my hair with shampoo.

That statement sounds bizarre anywhere outside the LHC.

Anje
July 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I haven't gotten quite that far with it, but I've purchased the Suave Coconut shampoo instead of conditioner before myself. That bottle lasted for ages and finally got used up for odd cleaning projects.

gthlvrmx
July 5th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Dear lord, my mom made the same exact mistake last week, the company really needs to make them look different!

lapispimpernel
July 5th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I did that a few weeks ago myself! I haven't gotten around to exchanging it yet. :)

Zesty
July 5th, 2011, 01:11 PM
From what I hear this is a pretty common problem. I've accidentally picked up the shampoo as well, but I realized it wasn't what I wanted before buying. Suave really does need to do something about that so the conditioner addicts can get their fix without problems. :lol:

spitfire511
July 5th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Must be common because I almost did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and was depending on it for getting out my cassia. ARGH!

Laurenji
July 5th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I did this once in the shower. The shampoo and conditioner bottles are right next to each other, and both have pumps. I took a nice big pump of conditioner to put on my length, and when it started foaming, I realized I'd gotten the shampoo instead.

Capybara
July 5th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I've done this before, while in the shower though. It is shocking to have "shampoo" that doesn't foam, and "conditioner" that does!

pepperminttea
July 5th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I feel your pain; I ordered a couple of bottles of conditioner online since I couldn't find them locally, the company sent the shampoo by mistake. :doh: I sent them back, and they sent the conditioner out instead thankfully, but with the same brand, line, and scent, the really do look exactly the same except for the one tiny word 'Shampoo'.

misspriss
July 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I did that before, with Suave Naturals Coconut actually.

The sad thing was, I bought a new bottle, went on trip, filled up two travel bottles with it (because CO'ing my hair takes a lot of condish, or it did at the time) and it was actually shampoo. There was not enough hotel conditioner in that little bottle to use on my hair after slathering on a thick later of...shampoo. Ugh. My hair stayed clean for days and actually looked pretty good, I think it needed clarifying...but anyway. Yeah, those look a lot alike. Always have, that was when I was in high school!

GoatLady
July 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I haven't had this particular problem of confusing conditioner with shampoo. But I have quickly scanned labels for hair products, bought them, and later discovered they di in fact have an ingredient I'd rather avoid. :sigh: Good thing they were dollar store purchases, so I wasn't out much.

QueenJoey
July 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
And that's why I stick with VO5. haha

sycamoreboutiqu
July 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Isn't that funny so many of us have done the same thing ?

That should send a message to the manufacturers, they NEED to make sure customers get what
they intended to buy - NOT the opposite.

I meant to return these today and exchange for the condish - but had too many other tasks and forgot. If I don't remember tomorrow, or the next day I am going to be kind of irritated about it and that puts a negative spin on my experience with the product , even though it might be perfectly fine as products go.

Grrrrr.

( Thankfully I had other conditioner on hand to rectify the problem, hair feels good so maybe the extra shampooing was needed - I was due for a clarifying, still ....).

sycamoreboutiqu
July 5th, 2011, 08:56 PM
PS - I was in Dollar Tree today and looked through the White Rain products - all the conditioner choices I saw had Dimethicone in the ingredients.

I will have to check that approved list again to see what White Rain ones made the cut, as none of these did.