PDA

View Full Version : Hardly seeing roots with henna

oktobergoud
July 5th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Hello, again, I have searched this board quickly.. so I'm not ENTIRELY sure there is a thread about this, but.. I was wondering something!

I have noticed that I hardly see roots when I henna. Only at some points where my hair is a lot lighter.. but on top of my head I hardly see roots! I do have them though, when I pull my hair down tightly, I can see some, but even then I have to look hard. My hair is a mousy blonde so it should be a big contrast to the red, however, I never see roots (only when I forget to do the roots at some places and they're about an inch long :P)!
The last time I dyed my hair was 6 weeks ago.

Does anyone else has noticed this? My hair does have grown, it doesn't grow fast but it does grow that 1/2 inch a month (or maybe a little less). My theory is that henna binds with your natural colour and therefor the colour differences isn't that big. As in, the levels are still the same? Would that make sense? :P I'm not complaining because I hate roots and honestly, I always hate dyeing my hair haha. So much hassle..

I used to have platinum blonde hair and I would notice dark dark brown roots after only a week, just because the difference between the two was so big! Never again!

But again, wondering if I'm the only one? I sometimes have other people tell me that I have roots and all I can think is "what do I have roots? WHERE? o_O" hehe.

P.S. I hope this is in the right forum, not sure if it should be in the henna board or this one!

Gulbahar
July 5th, 2011, 03:07 AM
It's mostly the same for me. I'm pretty sure it's because the henna is fading quite a bit on my hair, at least at the first 10-15cm so the colour difference is not that big anymore after two months or so. I find it rather convenient... ;)

Lianna
July 5th, 2011, 03:13 AM
My problem would be more like "hardly seeing henna on my roots". :p My natural hair has very low porosity so it doesn't suck things in much (my dyed hair is normal porosity).

Elysium
July 5th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Same here, I have mid/dark brown hair naturally which I henna. I haven't hennaed in about 5 or 6 weeks and still have no visible roots :confused: not that I'm complaining :D I know my hair has grown, I've been measuring.

Mirsha
July 5th, 2011, 04:36 AM
My problem always was too much roots! My hair is a mousy blonde too, and after just a week my roots were visible again.. it looked like I was going gray, or worse, bald!

BIg colour difference so I can't support your theory :p

Mesmerise
July 5th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Yes, I understand what you mean. The degree of colour is similar (darkness/lightness) so it blends better with roots (errm unless you have grey/white roots lol...those are obvious).

Well my roots aren't THAT bad with henna compared with some dyes, except for those "sparklies" that are really obvious. But then...they're obvious with any and all dyes!

MonaMayfair
July 5th, 2011, 04:54 AM
My problem always was too much roots! My hair is a mousy blonde too, and after just a week my roots were visible again.. it looked like I was going gray, or worse, bald!

BIg colour difference so I can't support your theory :p

Same for me, although my natural color is light blonde, so even worse!
I only henna'd a week ago, and my roots already look bad. Normally I get away with doing my roots every 2 weeks (which is monotonous enough) but my hair seems to be growing faster than usual.

Anje
July 5th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I can basically grow out henna without anyone ever noticing the line where I stopped. If your hair is a pretty similar value to the color of your hennaed hair, it's pretty easy to do.

rchorr
July 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM
My hair is reddish to start with, so I don't know if my $0.02 will help or not.

I, too, don't see "roots." Henna isn't as permanent as regular hair dye. It does fade. Actually, that's one of the reasons I like it so much! It DOESN'T show the line between colors!

RCHORR'

oktobergoud
July 7th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Oh with me, the henna hardly fades at all! That's what I like about henna, it's stays better in my hair than chemical red dyes! :P

I'm not sure why, but I do hardly see roots. Still think because the hair is about the same level now, and not darker or lighter.. just a different colour! I always had extreme colours, like blueblack or white.. you'll see the roots immediately.. hate that!