PDA

View Full Version : Help I ruined my hair its green!

ALYSSA
July 4th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Okay so about 2 weeks ago I was so bored with my hair and was about to chop it all off! I told myself i will allow myself to dye it a bit or cut 2 whole inches becasue I baby it so much. I chose to dye it, I regret it.:( First, I bleached a layer under my bangs(well, the front of my hair line is where I bleached if that makes sense) after I wanted to go a turquoise colour so with temporary hair dye freom Sally's Beauty supply i dyed it . twice. And both times it washed out COMPLETELY. so the next day I bought a Paul Mitchell temporary blue/violet hair dye and I loved it!except it barley touches it and it fades. I give up. i want to shave my hair off! you can see pics of how the colours supposed to look in my album. So what im asking if any of you have any suggestions on how to get rid of the green/blue? I don't want to dye it again. my bangs are very dry. I Was used to them soft and silky. Im so upset at my self. my self esteem is even lower than normal. I ask never taking my hair for granted again. thank you for all your replies in advanced!:)

kitcatsmeow
July 4th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Ahh I had a similar situation recently although it was a hairdresser putting blue-black lo lites into my recently dyed from platinum to brunette hair. Resulting in bright blue streaks and an all over blue tint. My hairdresser friend told me my options for complete reversal were 1) bleaching and 2) dying it all black (not a blue black that was used on my hair) I didn't want to do either and opted to scrub as much as I could out with dish detergent. This is HORRIBLE for your since it strips it but my hair was salvageable thanks to a recent keratin treatment. I got a good bit out and was able to have it colored a nice dark brunette shade.

Maybe dying it all black will be an option? Or washing daily with a clarifying shampoo until it fades enough to color again? Less damaging then the detergent :O Good luck!

ALYSSA
July 4th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Ahh I had a similar situation recently although it was a hairdresser putting blue-black lo lites into my recently dyed from platinum to brunette hair. Resulting in bright blue streaks and an all over blue tint. My hairdresser friend told me my options for complete reversal were 1) bleaching and 2) dying it all black (not a blue black that was used on my hair) I didn't want to do either and opted to scrub as much as I could out with dish detergent. This is HORRIBLE for your since it strips it but my hair was salvageable thanks to a recent keratin treatment. I got a good bit out and was able to have it colored a nice dark brunette shade.

Maybe dying it all black will be an option? Or washing daily with a clarifying shampoo until it fades enough to color again? Less damaging then the detergent :O Good luck!

thank you for your reply :) yes if I dont eventually get better relults i will have to dye black :( i will give the clarifying shampoo a try. besides the dishdetergant(yikes my hair could not afford that) is there any other do it your self trickes. My bangs have become very dry due to the frequent washing i continure to oil them but i dont feel like it's helping *sigh* maybe i need to give it time. I am in a gurry because I have my senior pictures i have to take soon.

Áine
July 4th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Do you have the means to get some henna right now? You could try very dilute application of henna + conditioner... kinda like a henna gloss, to cancel out that greenish blue tint so that you have a more neutral tone. And it would condition your hair nicely too.

Arianna
July 5th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I don't know if this is a kind of placebo effect but saoking your hair in your everyday conditioner for 1/2h to an hour seems to help with dryness for me.
Also i've never tried it but lots of LHCers seem to recomend SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128&highlight=dryness+treatment) for dry hair. perhaps give that a go?
The other suggestions given here look good too :)

Toadstool
July 5th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Washing repeatedly with head and shoulders removes colour fast. I would then treat the bleached bits with one of those protein treatments like Redken. I the colour still bothers you then dyeing black is a good option.
Good luck and don't shave anything off!

terpentyna
July 5th, 2011, 01:43 AM
I looked at your album, and it looks ok to me, really... You can get a shampoo/ conditioner with red tints, or do a henna gloss as someone suggested to cancel out the green tint.

Firefly
July 5th, 2011, 07:04 AM
What about using a deposit only dye on the bangs to bring them back to the darker color you want? I used one for a while on my ends when I was growing out past damage. It was very gentle on my hair. The only thing was it was a pain to have to do it every 2-3 weeks. YMMV.

IndigoAsh
July 5th, 2011, 07:09 AM
haha this JUST happened to me like a month ago. I bleached my hair on the sides just above my ears on my hemline and the bleach sent my hair to platinum blonde in less than 10 minutes!!!! I nearly had a flipping heart attack. Hated it so I dyed it back to black. At least I can go into public now. I couldn't get any colors to stick to it at all. The manic panic dyes were washing out completely leaving a weird orangey tinge behind. It was awful I was a flipping wreck for two nights.

kyandii
July 5th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Washing repeatedly with head and shoulders removes colour fast. I would then treat the bleached bits with one of those protein treatments like Redken. I the colour still bothers you then dyeing black is a good option.
Good luck and don't shave anything off!

I do believe head and shoulders have changed their forumula so this doesn't happen anymore.

apynip
July 5th, 2011, 08:37 AM
did you leave the dye on for longer than the time they say on the jar/bottle? if so that's why it didn't work. :) To get it out though, get some baking soda and shampoo mix it about half and half of each and let it sit there for about 20 minutes and wash out then do a nice deep treatment or protein treatment. then you can dye over the bleached part but it wont hold fast to dye for the first few times just warning you unless you put a filler on it then take a shad darker than you want and put that on it. :3 good luck!

PrincessBlondie
July 5th, 2011, 08:50 AM
The reason your bleached part isnt holding onto colour is that bleach blasts the protein and colour out of your hair. Therefore there is nothing for the colour to "grab onto". PLEASE dont clarify or use detergent on your already dry hair, you WILL wreck it. Put lots of protein on this area for a few weeks, such as Redken extreme cat or any other restructuring/protein shampoo and conditioner or even a filler. You will find in a few weeks this area will then hold colour better!

Please don't do anything drastic, and baby this part of your hair for a while, oil etc.

ps. You have gorgeous hair (just looked at your pics). :) And this is only a very small part of your hair, albeit at the front.

kitcatsmeow
July 5th, 2011, 05:29 PM
thank you for your reply :) yes if I dont eventually get better relults i will have to dye black :( i will give the clarifying shampoo a try. besides the dishdetergant(yikes my hair could not afford that) is there any other do it your self trickes. My bangs have become very dry due to the frequent washing i continure to oil them but i dont feel like it's helping *sigh* maybe i need to give it time. I am in a gurry because I have my senior pictures i have to take soon.

Yeah I can't believe I didn't do more damage with the dish soap. Maybe try some mineral oil. It's used to remove henna and can probably help lift some of the green/blue. However if it's over blonde it won't completely remove it as nothing will. If you DO dye over it....strand test!! And strand test every shade in your hair to make sure ya don't make it worse.

When we colored over my blue we tested each shade in my hair just to be safe.