PDA

View Full Version : Half an inch in two weeks?

Dr. Girlfriend
July 4th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Apparently my hair is growing like a weed. I measured two weeks ago with a friend and we came up with 22" with the wurls pulled straight. We just measured again, and now it is 22.5" :O We measured over and over and came up with the same figure.

The only thing I can think of that could have caused the spurt is the castor oil I applied once. Would one application have made that much of a difference?

pixi_stix
July 4th, 2011, 08:30 PM
That's quiet some growth in such a short time. I have no idea if it is the oil you are using or another change to your lifestyle. But if you find out let me know because I need to regrow the 7inch I just has chopped off

spidermom
July 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Growth rate can vary a lot from month to month. I once grew 1.25 inches in 3 weeks. The only thing different I'd done was get dried-out ends cut off.

MonaLisa
July 5th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I think castor oil really works. I've been using it on my eyelashes and eyebrows too, apart from hair, and there you can see how it works the next day already.
So I'm thinking it's castor oil + summer :)
Enjoy!

Dr. Girlfriend
July 5th, 2011, 02:27 AM
I think castor oil really works. I've been using it on my eyelashes and eyebrows too, apart from hair, and there you can see how it works the next day already.
So I'm thinking it's castor oil + summer :)
Enjoy!

Wow, from just one application? I'll do it again tomorrow, half an inch of growth in two weeks is worth having to shampoo it out.

Teufelchen
July 5th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Hair does not always grow steadily. My hair had a spurt this month with 3 cm growth, that is more than 1" but I also have months were is just grows 0.4", usually it levels over the year so I get an average of 0.6" per month.

I doubt that one application will result in that growth. I think it is more a spurt here and there.

Lianna
July 5th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Castor oil really works for me. But some people do have faster growth naturally, my mom grew half a inch in these past two weeks too (I was doing her roots).