PDA

View Full Version : So I cant use hair dye because I henna'd my hair?

Meagan
July 4th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I want to colour my hair dark...the last time I henna'd my hair was in may, thoughts?

And for those who chemically dye their hair...how do u maintain the colour? I use alot of oils, it will cause my colour to fade fast right? any tips?

BlazingHeart
July 4th, 2011, 07:12 PM
If you want your hair dark, why not henndigo or indigo? I know some of our people here do all kinds of blending to get the exact shade they want.

~Blaze

Mesmerise
July 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Yes you can colour over henna, as long as you used 100% henna and not compound henna. Most henna I've found online is pure henna. It's perfectly okay to colour over it!

The only issue you may come across is that the dye may not "stick" as well on hennaed hair.

However, a couple of years ago I hennaed...and then dyed...and then hennaed again... and there was no problem with that! (Except I wish I'd been an LHC member then and I probably wouldn't have used chemical dye at all lol...I was just trying to achieve RED hair after all).

Oh...and many years in the past I dyed my hair black over henna, and it worked just fine. It was really good black dye!!! It didn't fade at all.

Meagan
July 4th, 2011, 07:34 PM
If you want your hair dark, why not henndigo or indigo? I know some of our people here do all kinds of blending to get the exact shade they want.

~Blaze

id love to but it's really hard for me to find henna...where im living right now, they dont have henna:confused:

is there a site where they have henndigo already mixed? Indigo is too dark for me.

whitestiletto
July 4th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I've never been able to maintain a color from chemical dye. It comes out in every wash.

Indigo is super permanent.

You can buy henna and indigo separately from a site like hennasooq.com, and mix them yourself. You let the henna dye-release for however many hours, then add as much indigo as you want. You could just put in a spoonful of indigo to start with and see how dark it gets.

LUSH (lush.com) sells pre-mixed henna/indigo dyes, you can purchase brown or whatever shade you like.

How light is your hair to start with? What color are you trying to achieve?

Meagan
July 4th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I've never been able to maintain a color from chemical dye. It comes out in every wash.

Indigo is super permanent.

You can buy henna and indigo separately from a site like hennasooq.com, and mix them yourself. You let the henna dye-release for however many hours, then add as much indigo as you want. You could just put in a spoonful of indigo to start with and see how dark it gets.

LUSH (lush.com) sells pre-mixed henna/indigo dyes, you can purchase brown or whatever shade you like.

How light is your hair to start with? What color are you trying to achieve?

Indigo is too dark for me. I want like a dark brown almost black. Used the henna from Lush twice, and it fades really quick, too bad cuz i really liked the colour. My hair is already dark, it's brown but I want it darker, its not bleached or anything.