PDA

View Full Version : Crown Wrapping Damage?

kitten1986
July 4th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Hello!
I have finally mastered the art of crown wrapping :cheese:
and I am LOVING it!!

it takes me a few seconds to wrap at night before bed on damp or dry hair using about 8-10 bobby pins to keep it all wrapped and then I cover it in a turban type thing which I made from stretchy material which I wrap around and tie to protect it.

I am a pretty restless sleeper and this system has not failed me yet it is always intact in the morning :D

In the morning it is a matter of taking out the pins and shaking it out an voila I have soft smooth straight shiny manageable hair that looks like I have just been to the hairdresser for a blowave... it seems too good to be true!

So my question is...do you think I am damaging my hair using bobby pins? AND do you think I could be damaging my follicles by forcing them to go in a different direction from usual for the night? (when I shake it out in the morning half of my head feels weird because the hair has been wrapped up and over my forhead in the opposite direction to which it usually lies, but I alternate sides from night to night)

Paranda Belle
July 4th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Wrapping causes FAR less damage than heat. You don't say which method you use to wrap, but you could try wrapping in different directions every time you do it to minmise damage. I divide my hair into four sections and wrap each fourth seperatly and make sure they go different ways to each other.

I also used to use bobby pins, but then I found some soft plastic sectioning clips which work much better as they grip larger amounts of hair. I put the hinge towards my crown so the poin is facing downwards and I don't injure myself on the hinge.

1953Diygal
July 4th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Hey!!! I have bobby pins and a couple of turbans! :eyebrows: I think I'll try this!

kitten1986
July 5th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Hey Paranda! Thanks for your reply :D
I have been alternating which direction I wrap from night to night in the HOPE That I wasnt damaging the follicles as much... but just wanted to know if my logic was sound

I think you are definitely right about the fact that it is less damaging than heat :D because otherwise I would probably be tempted to straighten more often, but with this method I no longer have need of a straightening iron yayy :cheese:

diygal - definitely give it a go its awesome! there are heaps of tutorials on youtube... took me a while to do it neatly and quickly but after afew goes its pretty easy to master

Lianna
July 5th, 2011, 03:05 AM
When I do it, I use a cloth swim cap, no pins needed (cut panty hose works too). If the arrangement isn't too tight, and you're confortable wearing it, I don't think it would damage the follicles.