PDA

View Full Version : Low porosity dryness?

DarkAuburn
July 4th, 2011, 09:56 AM
My hair can get very shiny, when i wet it the water does not get into my hair before i use my hands and take my hair up so the water gets everywhere. But it can also be kinda dry sometimes.... So i think i am low porosity? and how can i keep my hair mbl 4a hair soft i dont know how to open the cuticles to let moisture in, and then close them again for remaining healthy hair. :)

Teufelchen
July 4th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I have the same issue, just with 1a hair.

I have discovered, that washing every 2-3 days with a heavy overnight oiling once a week really helps to prevent my ends from being dry.

MissAlida
July 4th, 2011, 11:10 AM
It is said that having a cold water rinse as the last step of washing your hair will close cuticles and help you have less frizzy hair. Some people agree with this theory, others think it does not work.I tried it, and used this method eversince. I think it's worth to try for a couple of times in a row. Then you can decide if it is for you , or not.:) Other than that...Do oil treatments, like Teufelchen suggested. Good luck:D

DarkAuburn
July 5th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Okay thank you both. :) Then i will try your tips. What oil do you suggest?

Teufelchen
July 5th, 2011, 02:31 AM
I use Monoi oil or Camelia Oil, but others use olive oil or coconut or almond.
I would try what you have at home and see how it goes. If your hair improves you are on the right track, maybe you can improve even further by using a different oil.

Every hair is different so nobody can predict what oil your hair will like. Given that you have a very differnt hair type, there is just a slight chance that what is great for me will work for you as well in terms of which oil to use.