PDA

View Full Version : blue shampoo on reddish hair? advice!

lesbia
July 3rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone! :)
I always had blonde hair, but my hair had become reddish (probably because of a not pure cassia treatment or some oils I put in), anyway, I want back my colour.

I tried lemon, chamomille, honey and it seems to work too slowly. I was wondering, what about a blue shampoo? It would neutralize the reddish tone?

opinion? thanks in advice!

Siiri
July 3rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
It depends on how red your hair is, if it's really red, you would need green to neutralize it, blue works if blond hair gets too yellow. I would be careful when trying shampoos or conditioners with blue/green colour, it may do nothing, or it may turn your hair blue or green - but if that happens, it should wash out with clarifying shampoo. But it's not a permanent solution, the blue/green dye you get washes out if you don't do it regularly.

UltraBella
July 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM
No, it will not bring your hair back to blonde. I looked at your photos and your hair is too dark for a blue shampoo to work for you. It may temporarily tone down the reddish color, but then your hair will look brown, not blonde.

lesbia
July 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
It depends on how red your hair is, if it's really red, you would need green to neutralize it, blue works if blond hair gets too yellow.

To neutralize yellow tones isn't it better a violet shampoo? If I see primary and secondary colours (http://www.google.it/imgres?imgurl=http://www.andrewnewland.com/homepage/teaching/techniques/colourmix/ancolo07.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.andrewnewland.com/homepage/teaching/techniques/colourmix/colourmix.html&usg=__sAhS1bx_fY9SClPdP5Sy5D_3n3U=&h=636&w=600&sz=24&hl=it&start=48&zoom=1&tbnid=wDMxvAn4mQ5geM:&tbnh=152&tbnw=143&ei=f8UQTsmEJonCtAaHsKiFDw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcolours%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dit%26sa%3DN%2 6rlz%3D1C1CHNY_itIT420IT420%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D6 77%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=357&vpy=318&dur=7323&hovh=231&hovw=218&tx=124&ty=118&page=5&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:48&biw=1024&bih=677) it seems something like this:
yellow=violet
red-orange=green-blue
Green shampoo would work better...but I have never see it here! :( anyway my hair are not red, just reddish so maybe blue will work?...

No, it will not bring your hair back to blonde. I looked at your photos and your hair is too dark for a blue shampoo to work for you. It may temporarily tone down the reddish color, but then your hair will look brown, not blonde.

I know that on my photos my hairs seems too much dark, but I think taht it is because of the linght. :o Anyway what i want is remove my red tones, not to light my hair :)

Thank you! :flower:

Siiri
July 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
I haven't seen green shampoos either, you would need to mix some green temporary hair colour (the ones that last just a few washes) with your conditioner.

UltraBella
July 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
I don't think it's because of the lighting, your cassia treatments seem to have had some henna mixed in and you yourself have points this out on other threads. Shampoos that neutralize tones are mainly for grey, white, platinum blonde and highlights. The neutralizing is subtle. In your situation it is not a good option, in my professional opinion.