PDA

View Full Version : Dbf and coconut oil

Majorane
July 3rd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Since I have really dry ends I bought a bottle of coconut oil which is now happily living in the bathroom, neighboured by the toothpaste and the cottonbudsqtipswhatchamacallthem.
Dear boyfriend is by now used to finding honey, coffee (scrub), sugar, salt and avocadoshell bitsies in said bathroom, but the arrivel of this new bottle that largely said COOKING OIL COCONUT 100% bladieblah did make him slightly curious.
I told him it was my weapon in the battle against dry ends.
Now, DBF has the most gorgeous thick wavy ubervoluminous hair ever: thick hairs, thick inplant and some pores sprout 2 or 3 hairs instead of one. And because he is male :D he always complains about it. It is hot. It snags. It grows so fast. It is unmanagable.
I told him to shut up and go use my conditioner, and this did make him whine a lot less, so my bottle lasts shorter but he stopped talking about shaving his head and that is worth a lot. In general, it is even shinier and looks even better than before and it doesn't stick straight up any more.
My conditioner says CONDiTIONER FOR DRY AND BRITTLE HAIR. Remember this. It is important.

Today he picked me up from work. He had a day off and I commented on him sleeping in really late. Why? he said. Well, because your hair is wet so you just have gotten out of the shower, I said.
Ah! the dear replied. This must be because of that nice new conditioner you have bought! I used lots of it and it really makes my hair feel nice and soft, don't you think?

Sweetie thought that if my "against dry and brittle ends" conditioner is nice and I use coconut oil to make my hair feel even nicer, then surely this would do the same for him, right? And since his hair is really thick he would be needing a lot of it, like with other hairproducts, no? Like, a laaaarge hand full of it? At least! oh, look at the price, it is really cheap. Another handfull won't hurt, then. Right? Oh, would you look at the shine! And it stays flat nicely, too! Amazing!

:cheese:
He did feel slightly silly when I told him that no, 2 handfulls might me sliiiightly on the enthousiastic side after I had fountained my coffee through my nose from laughing.

Anyway. No moral to the story, but I wnated to share it anyway...

Anyone elses husbands/sweethearts/housemates ever shamelessly abused your hairstuffs in completely unappropriate ways?

IndigoAsh
July 3rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
That was a great story, thank you for sharing. I needed a good giggle.

feralnature
July 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
My hubby thought my coconut oil was made for eating (LuAna brand is) and he ate the whole big jar when I was out of town. He said that he expected it to be sweet, it wasn't, so he added sugar.

longcurlygirl<3
July 3rd, 2011, 01:46 PM
My hubby thought my coconut oil was made for eating (LuAna brand is) and he ate the whole big jar when I was out of town. He said that he expected it to be sweet, it wasn't, so he added sugar. This made me giggle for a bit, I thought it was funny about the sweet part.
But, my bf is actually a frumpy little man when he hears I bought a new product!