PDA

View Full Version : I just cut my hair from waist to chin. Yup I did it!

Joliebaby
July 3rd, 2011, 10:04 AM
I was fed up with the dyed brassy bits that were a bit dry feeling too and I hated the layers. The chin length bangs were one more annoyance.

So I just took my new sharp scissors and cut it all to the same length as my bangs. There is still a little dye left in the top layers. I'd been growing out the dyed, colorfixed and highlighted and dyed again hair for a year :)

I was sick of obsessing about the color difference (which looked three-tone because the underlayers were darker color than the shorter top layers...) and I felt like my hair looked unkempt because of the layers too.

If I didn't chop, I'm afraid I would have ended up dyeing again, losing the virgin growth and making my lengths even worse condition.

I was never one to put up with crappy hair that I was unhappy with, for the sake of length..

I have to admit that the summer heat helped me make the decision, and the fact that my hair is so difficult to put up because of the thickness...

But the biggest reason was the color, second biggest the icky layers, third the dry chemically treated condition.

I am thrilled to have super easy, healthy, all one length hair. There is still some color left on the top layers so I may keep trimming until it's all gone.

Anyway, this will be so easy to grow out.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6270&pictureid=106889
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6270&pictureid=106890

spidermom
July 3rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
Oh my goodness! It sounds like you had good reasons. Enjoy your new style.

Eire
July 3rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
I just cut from almost hip to shoulder for similar reasons. I'm really happy I did. This time when my hair grows out I think I will like it a lot better. It will grow back faster than you think.

bunzfan
July 3rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Wow i'm shocked but if your happy that's the main thing, it will be nice and cool for the summer.

justgreen
July 3rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
I kinda liked your three tone hair...but enjoy your new summer 'do and rock on girl!

Lostsoule77
July 3rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Wow! That's a big change, but if it's one that makes you happy then good for you. It'll sure be refreshing in the summer heat. :)

Wavelin
July 3rd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Your wavy, chin length hair looks very, very pretty. I bet you'll get many compliments on it! It sounds like you made a brave decision, I think a lot of people wouldn't have dared :D

Have a fun growing! :waving:

Molls
July 3rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
our temperatures are in the 100s right now and this is the first time in several years that I've had longish hair, so I can totally understand! Enjoy your new 'do!

teela1978
July 3rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
I did something similar when growing out hair dye. Once the virgin growth got to a certain point it all got chopped off... closer to shoulder than chin though (my hair doesn't all fit in a ponytail at chin length and that's a pain). Enjoy the journey back to waist!

Loreley
July 3rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
That was a very brave thing to do. But it looks awesome! I love how shorter wavy hair looks, although I've never had it. :p

schweedie
July 3rd, 2011, 10:23 AM
Oh, your new cut is super cute! I'm sure you'll enjoy growing it out more now, if you were unhappy with its condition before. Have fun with it! :D

October
July 3rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
It looks nice. :)

oktobergoud
July 3rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Woah what guts you have!
I can imagine it being more easy to handle now, you had a LOT of hair O_O Amazing hair though :D
But your bob is very cute! Right now I'm growing out a pixie and your new cut is my goal :)

lacefrost
July 3rd, 2011, 10:59 AM
This is so cute! I love your hair! Enjoy the journey back to waist :)

ladyfey
July 3rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
I love it! I did the same thing when growing out my dye, in the summertime too. It was nice and I have no regrets. SO much easier not dyeing!

Rocket22
July 3rd, 2011, 11:02 AM
You have amazing hair at any length. I'm so happy you are happy that is what is most important

catspank
July 3rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Ooooh, I love wavy hair in a short bob, congratulations on your new cut! It looks awesome :heart:

UltraBella
July 3rd, 2011, 11:05 AM
Oh wow !!!! I can't believe you did it yourself !! I would have been terrified ! I hope you post a pic of it dried, I want to see more !!!!

Debra83
July 3rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
I have no doubt that you'll be passing me to waist in a couple of months!!!! :D

feralnature
July 3rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Your short hair looks very healthy and cute...but I don't think I could have done it. I did, however, cut my hair a few months before joining here, in November 2007. But it was much shorter to begin with. I wanted virgin hair like you do.

Your hair will be fresh and new and amazing :)

slz
July 3rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
I was sick of obsessing about the color difference (which looked three-tone because the underlayers were darker color than the shorter top layers...)
Not that I intend to rain on your parade, but you know, even with all-virgin hair this is very likely to happen again as your hair grows : long hair is never all one-toned, really, unless it's dyed.

QueenJoey
July 3rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
I thought your long hair was gorgeous, but it still looks very pretty short. Only you can tell if your hair needs something. And if you felt a big cut was needed, then I applaud you for doing it.

Henrietta
July 3rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
I admire you for the courage! Congratulations. :flower: It's so good you're happy with your hair now :) Since you don't miss the length that much and you feel good finally with the colour you can grow your mane easily and with pleasure now :)

Joliebaby
July 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks so much everyone for being so nice and supportive!
I may end up tweaking the cut a little bit though I like it like this too, and it's not TOO triangle head as it dries, I think.. if it starts to looks like that, I'll slightly layer the ends (I still have some of that color on the ends to get rid of too).

I will take this opportunity to start finally using my CV shampoo bar samples that just didn't work so well with chemically treated hair. I'm hoping to have a super minimalistic hair care routine.

Oh wow !!!! I can't believe you did it yourself !! I would have been terrified ! I hope you post a pic of it dried, I want to see more !!!!

I used to cut my own hair all the time, pixie, bob, whatever ;) I will definitely post more pics.

I have no doubt that you'll be passing me to waist in a couple of months!!!! :D

Haha, I don't think so. My hair only grew about 5" last year. My virgin roots are at eye brow level only!!! Not so amazing growth this year, though I've had better years before.. So we'll see.

Not that I intend to rain on your parade, but you know, even with all-virgin hair this is very likely to happen again as your hair grows : long hair is never all one-toned, really, unless it's dyed.

I'm aware of this. It's still totally different than having ashy roots and DYED, BRASSY, DRY, LAYERED hair. My natural color will have a "fade" that is natural looking to my hair, not this brassy reddish color. I have had quite long hair before and it wasn't like this:)

KittyLost
July 3rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
I know you've been struggling with your dyed hair for a while so congratulations! At least you are happy with your hair now and it will probably grow quickly now the damage is gone.

lapushka
July 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Growing out dye is terrible, esp. when your hair is long, so I totally get it.
It looks great, nice waves, and you're happy with the cut. That's the most important thing. :thumbsup:

lillylonghair
July 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Wow! You are so brave! Enjoy all of the in-between stages. I know I actually had a lot of fun at that length b/c I could pin it up in all different funky styles.

Xandergrammy
July 3rd, 2011, 02:43 PM
I thought your hair was so beautiful. I can't believe that amazing thick braid is gone. But if you're happy, I'm happy. :gabigrin:

Joliebaby
July 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Well, it's hair, it'll grow back. This time I won't have layers sticking every which way out of the braid.
And this is the last time I'm growing out my hair :) At least I don't have to start with a shaved head or a pixie ;)

I do miss the length but I'm trying to enjoy this short hair and growing out because I really don't intend to do this ever again. I'm getting too old for this LOL!

It's dry now and it is super cute though :)

jaine
July 3rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Enjoy your short hair while it lasts!!! :)
One styling routine I really loved at that length was to part and comb hard-hold gel through damp hair and let it air dry hard (I looked like Trinity from the Matrix while it dried) - and then comb out the crunch after it was totally dry and hard. I swear it looked softer and smoother and shinier than a professional blowout when I did that! If there is any triangle-head, this will help minimize it without damaging heat-styling.

MonaLisa
July 3rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
It's cute!
Tho i really love how it looks long! :)

And i sort of envy you now! all super healthy and starting over + must be fun short, and you're brave enough for such a change!

Corvus
July 3rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
Wow!! You're very brave. I cut my almost waist length hair into a chin bob a few years back and regretted it so badly. But I guess if you're happy that is all that counts!! ;)

sugar&nutmeg
July 3rd, 2011, 04:56 PM
I confess, the edges of my vision went sort of black for a second, when I saw the 'after' pic. ;)

Even though I thought your long hair was lovely, and your braid simply stunning, you're the one who had to deal with the issues you listed, not us.

Ultimately, it's your hair, so you get to do whatever you please with it!

I do think you're remarkably brave to have cut it yourself. I would have made a terrible mess!

clairenewcastle
July 3rd, 2011, 04:57 PM
I've done what you've done and believe me - it's worth it! I chopped to get rid of damage and bleach and love how healthy my hair is now.
Enjoy each stage of your hair journey, it'll grow again quicker than you realise.

einna
July 3rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
You brave woman! I like it! Also good inspiration for us color-grower-outers. Please post pics of your hair when dry! =) Good luck with your journey!

kidari
July 3rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
I did what you did 2 years ago, totally understand! Knowing what you know now, you won't make the mistakes this time around and as it grows it will be a million times easier to manage your hair. If you have lots of hair that is troublesome for you to manage it's actually more stressful than anything else. Enjoy your short hair while you have it and all the stages to come!

ericthegreat
July 3rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
You did a great job with your self-cut! You are very brave to sacrifice all that length, but then again now you're off to a fresh new start to all virgin hair. Its too late now I know, but your long three-toned hair actually didn't look bad at all to me. A bit brassy yes, but not bad looking at all.
But at least now you are happy with your hair which is the most important thing.

Joliebaby
July 4th, 2011, 12:47 AM
I have to admit I felt a twinge or remorse in the pit of my stomach as I woke up and remembered my hair hair was gone. Didn't help that we watched LOST last night and Kate had her MBL dark wurly hair in a thicker-than-a man's-arm braid, LOL! So I started thinking I should have just dyed my hair with a light brown demi color instead......

I did feel better as I walked to the bathroom and saw that it was still cute, and the waves were poufy and springy, and it felt so soft to touch.

So what's done is done, I do think this is really becoming on me, but I had really started to think of myself as a longhair and it was a part of me...

I'm going to enjoy this now as I know my hair will be past shoulders before I know it and that's when it starts to feel long, especially one-length, as there is SO MUCH of it.

I'm going to splurge on some Viviscal so that I can help a long a summer growth spurt and feel like I'm being proactive about growing my hair long as fast as possible, and NO TRIMS!

So while I feel a little sad and regretful, I also like it and I'm excited to have such healthy hair and everything I grow now is for keepers, if you know what I mean?

I think I'll start a blog...

Thanks for leaving so many comments, this is a huge deal for me :D

lilasianvixen77
July 4th, 2011, 12:51 AM
I think you are brave & awesome for your decision! Plus your hair will grow back faster than you think! :-)

Mesmerise
July 4th, 2011, 01:21 AM
That was a brave move! I cutmy hair to shoulder length a couple of years ago to get rid of some damage...and at the time I was thinking of going pixie. But I did the opposite thing and just started growing again (and stupidly I chemically coloured and did other stuff again after that...oh well).

Anyway, It's a gutsy thing to do and it should be easier to grow it virgin now! I know I couldn't go back and start again, so for me it's going to be a looong time before I'm chemically free :D.

Schipperchow
July 4th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Wow! You completely went for it & did a great job...and here I was feeling brave for trimming 2 inches yesterday:)

julliams
July 4th, 2011, 06:31 AM
WOW - good for you. The wavy bob is in this year http://www.apollinas.com/?attachment_id=208 I think it looks great!

LyraS
July 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Cheers to you. I have been contemplating on and off if i want to whack mine off, but too scared.

dmarie16
July 4th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Awww, That is TOO cute!!
:puppy:

Joliebaby
July 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I was out today and of course saw unusually many long hairs, like waist and beyond. Sigh. I felt sad.
BUT.....
I just made calculations and as my hair is 17" now and I was at 30" when I chopped, I only actually need 13" to be back where I started! That's 2 years and two months with the average 6" per year, but it could be even less than two years if I get good growth and NO TRIMS!!!!!!!!

I did buy marine protein supplements today and I'm going to take them twice a day without fail, I swear. And scalp massage. Oh, and I need to buy that rooibos to try too ;)
I'll be at shoulder /collarbone length in six months or less, yeay!! From there on it starts to not be short anymore. Well sure, LHC short, but not REALLY short, LOL!

I am praying for a growth spurt this summer...

CarpeDM
July 4th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Congrats! Your new length is awesome for the summer and having hair that is healthy and all one length is sooooo much easier, ENJOY!

Kathie
July 4th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Congrats! I know you've been thinking about this for a while now. You have so much less dyed hair to grow out :cheer:

LunaMoon
July 4th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Your hair looks great long and short.
My hair was so damaged 2 years ago that if I was brave like you my hair will be much heathier today.
I am still trimming every 2 months damaged ends. I am sure I will still be BSL when you come back.
My hair just doesn't grow at all.

jojo
July 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM
You are a braver woman than me, i actually like the look of two toned hair but my preferences are mine and yours are yours! You enjoy the journey and you may find your hair grows a little quicker now :)

Cannot wait to see the dried version of your hair it sounds super healthy.

BohoClassic
July 4th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I had to do the same as you. I had my hair cut from waist length to chin length due to (peroxide) damage. I am so glad that i did it,but really i had no choice! Your new haircut is very pretty and i am sure that it will grow back in no time now that your hair is healthy. The most annoying part for me is that not all of my hair is long enough for a ponytail yet.It drives me mad!.... lol.It will be so much easier in about three months time when i can tie it all up.Happy growing! :)

McFearless
July 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
What a huge change. I like it. I'm a go big or go home kinda person, too. It must be easy to take care of, I'm jealous.

tiny_teesha
July 4th, 2011, 09:12 PM
So cute! With hair as thick as yours i doubt you'd ever need trims anyway! Onwards forth to the journey to long hair...again! :)

naomimcc
July 4th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I cut my hair May 2010 from hip to chin and I have never regretted it. Currently I decided to add a few layers and bangs and I'm in love. I plan to grow it out again at some point, but my hair is much healthier and happier now.

Have fun with it!!! :D

Joliebaby
July 5th, 2011, 01:08 AM
All my hair doesn't reach a ponytail either, but I can wear a stub :)

It's 17" from my hairline and actually a bit longer than chin, I say neck length. Only 3" to shoulders.. And I was encouraged after realizing its' only 13" to grow and I'll be back to 30" where I was before the chop. So that's a couple of years of growth, give or take a couple of months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I have new pictures for you..
I do get a bit of a triangle head that I need to tame with my Phyto7 leave-in cream..
The last time I had a "bob" I actually think it might have been a little layered and my hair was probably thinner. It was always thick but it got crazy thick when I was preggers I think (I never shed the hair, go figure).

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6270&pictureid=107104

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6270&pictureid=107106

Looking light in this picture:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6270&pictureid=107105

Here the length shows pretty well:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6270&pictureid=107103

I ordered some Jamaican black castor oil last night and when I get it I'll start using it as pre poo on my scalp.. I have faith that it is going to give me super duper growth. ;)

mrs_coffee
July 5th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Adorable! I love it.

MomOf2Gremlins
July 5th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Wow, that was really a brave thing to do! Looks great though and you're right, when seeing the number in how much it'll need to grow back to how it was, doesn't seem that far away! ;)

MonaMayfair
July 5th, 2011, 05:20 AM
It looks SO nice. I'm envious of your lovely waves. I had my hair cut into a bob a couple of years ago, but because mine is neither straight or uniformly wavy, I had to straighten it every time I washed. It looked dreadful until it was straightened, some bits straight and some bits sticking out in all directions!
Just to make it even more annoying, the straightening irons made my henna go darker.
If my hair was like yours, I might well have kept it short!

Kathie
July 5th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Very cute! Happy growing :flower:

Amara
July 5th, 2011, 06:14 PM
But the biggest reason was the color...

I just cut from almost hip to shoulder for similar reasons. This time when my hair grows out I think I will like it a lot better. It will grow back faster than you think.

Well, it's hair, it'll grow back. This time I won't have layers sticking every which way out of the braid.
And this is the last time I'm growing out my hair :) At least I don't have to start with a shaved head or a pixie ;)

I do miss the length but I'm trying to enjoy this short hair and growing out because I really don't intend to do this ever again. I'm getting too old for this LOL!

I cut for the same reason - dyed length I was tired of, layers upon layers from S&Ding for years and cutting layers in the front now and again... also wanted to grow out bangs AND hair together - my goal is waist length with no bangs and I can't manage to grow out bangs with long hair...

tinti
July 5th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Wow, you're so brave! Congratulations, it looks super cute :)

leentora
July 5th, 2011, 09:25 PM
:thud: *fainted* lol as long as you are happy, then rock on. I actually liked that color you had, it was nice :). But hey you have to be happy with your hair.

chahuahuas
July 5th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Oh. my. gosh. You are very brave to cut all that hair off at once, with your own scissors!! I would be far to afraid to take the scissors to my own hair, especially with so much hair at stake.

Vanilla Mint
July 6th, 2011, 03:07 AM
I'm just not sure enough people posting here understand how difficult it is to grow in ashy hair color after you've processed your hair! My natural color is much like yours, and I used color removers and gradually dyed my hair lighter and lighter to get rid of years of black hair dye. Lo and behold, even putting the ashiest/greenest dye on my hair still made it pull ORANGE or RED!

My love for black hair and my love for long hair had me dying it back after nearly six months of wrestling with the color. :( I still know I'll likely have to just go for an auburn brown if I get sick of the black again since my hair just pulls red. I wonder if I'll ever see my ash color again...

Long story short, I feel you, and your courage will surely pay off in the end! Your full, wavy hair is adorable!

Joliebaby
July 6th, 2011, 05:03 AM
I love that I can just let it grow and keep every inch, I don't have to shape or trim or suffer weird in-between lengths. Every stage will be good and progressively longer. I'm doing everything I can to make it grow fast, 13 inches, it won't take so long..

I'm ever so appreciative of everyone's support :)

Nymphea
July 6th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Joliebaby, it is so wonderful, congratulations on your brave decision! I think we have similar hair type, so it was comforting for me to see that neck length can look good on 2a/2b-M/C-iii type!

You'll grow it back in a short time, and you will enjoy all the stages in-between - and like you said, they will not be awkward, but so beautiful.

Can you tell me how exactly did you do it yourself? I've never known how to self-trim shorter than shoulder.

WaitingSoLong
July 6th, 2011, 06:48 AM
OMGosh how freakin CUTE! I so envy you! I am way to chicken to do what you did but have contemplated it many times. I don't think I have the face for short hair, which is the main reason I cannot do it, plus I dread all the comments...stupid comments...

So I will live vicariously through you and the other LHC choppers. I give myself the 2 week rule, then after two weeks I decide it should be a 2 MONTH rule, then after 2 months I give myself another two months. And here I am, like 6 years later never having been brave enough to go for it. I have had my hair short before, though and it never looked as cute as yours.

If I ever chop, it will have to still be long enough to secure away from my face when I am working outside. Although I have gotten used to wearing headwraps...hmm....

Oh yeah I wanted to add that if I ever did it, I would probably do it myself, too. I wouldn't want to answer questions from the stylist. I swear when I walk by the salons in the mall they eye me with evil eyes wanting to get their hands on my hair...

ZeppHead
July 6th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Whoa. I love your hair, looks beautiful both long and short.

chahuahuas
July 6th, 2011, 07:39 AM
So I just got my newb status changed, and I could finally see the pictures of your hair. How do you get it so even all the way around when it is so short??

Dragon
July 7th, 2011, 03:36 AM
I am glad you are happy with it. You did a great job doing it your self.

Joliebaby
July 7th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Joliebaby, it is so wonderful, congratulations on your brave decision! I think we have similar hair type, so it was comforting for me to see that neck length can look good on 2a/2b-M/C-iii type!

You'll grow it back in a short time, and you will enjoy all the stages in-between - and like you said, they will not be awkward, but so beautiful.

Can you tell me how exactly did you do it yourself? I've never known how to self-trim shorter than shoulder.

It is a bit triangle-y, but not too bad when I use a leave-in.
I just looked at myself in the mirror, and used a second mirror the get the back. I cut through as much as hair once as I could, but not in layers.

OMGosh how freakin CUTE! I so envy you! I am way to chicken to do what you did but have contemplated it many times. I don't think I have the face for short hair, which is the main reason I cannot do it, plus I dread all the comments...stupid comments...

So I will live vicariously through you and the other LHC choppers. I give myself the 2 week rule, then after two weeks I decide it should be a 2 MONTH rule, then after 2 months I give myself another two months. And here I am, like 6 years later never having been brave enough to go for it. I have had my hair short before, though and it never looked as cute as yours.

If I ever chop, it will have to still be long enough to secure away from my face when I am working outside. Although I have gotten used to wearing headwraps...hmm....

Oh yeah I wanted to add that if I ever did it, I would probably do it myself, too. I wouldn't want to answer questions from the stylist. I swear when I walk by the salons in the mall they eye me with evil eyes wanting to get their hands on my hair...

I can wear a tiny ponytail, which is great. I also wear a head-scarf thingy with the elastic in the back.
You know I'm so appreciative when I run into someone and they DON'T ask about my hair :D

So I just got my newb status changed, and I could finally see the pictures of your hair. How do you get it so even all the way around when it is so short??

I used two mirrors, in the bathroom cabinet doors :) The other one doesn't open all the way so I didn't get a straight from back -view, but still good enough...

Ligeia_13
July 7th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Wow! Do you feel all liberated? :D

Happy growing, I am kind of envious, you'll have healthy hair all the way down your back soon :D

curlymarcia
July 7th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Short hair feels so good during summer. I think short hair looks good on you. I also like it your long hair, but now it will grow healthier.

jojo
July 10th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Just seen the dried photo looks nice and even. Id be interested to see if you get a faster growth with one length hair, if George Michael's theory stands correct you should. You dont even have to trim that for a year I bet. Brave as I said before but I like it.

archel
July 10th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Good on you for taking the plunge! Now when you grow it out again, it will be virgin hair! Imagine how great it will be with all the knowledge from LHC that you have now. It will be awesome!

LuXious
July 11th, 2011, 12:11 AM
You did that yourself?! It's got a nice subtle upward angle in the back. Great job! It looks adorable. Very chic and free.

Cania
July 11th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Wow, big change! Must be liberating :) I miss how much easier my hair was to look after at that length.

Joliebaby
July 11th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Just seen the dried photo looks nice and even. Id be interested to see if you get a faster growth with one length hair, if George Michael's theory stands correct you should. You dont even have to trim that for a year I bet. Brave as I said before but I like it.

Ooh I wish ;) Don't know if there is any truth to the theory though. It seems not, as he says bangs will grow fastest to try and catch up with the length, and mine definitely grew SLOWER than the rest of my hair.

I went over a year without trimming in 2009. I think I could easily go even two years now... Not THAT will help my hair get long faster!

invisiblebabe
July 11th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Wow, you are a talented self-hairstylist! :D I love how healthy and natural it looks. You have lovely thick hair so it will look great at every stage. Happy Growing :flower:

racrane
July 11th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Wow, I'm too scared to do anything like that, though I've often been tempted with layers, bangs and highlights. Anyway, props to you and it looks cute. Happy growing. :D

1nuitblanche
July 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Wow! Do you ever have thick hair!

And, I'm happy that you feel more comfortable with your hair the way it is now.

RedStripe
July 11th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Enjoy! I did this once a long time ago just because I wanted a change (didn't cut it myself, though). I loved the double-takes that people did when they saw me for the first time.

ttverdy
July 11th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Good for you. It looks elegant on your neck!

mrs carol
July 11th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Wow! Looks nice and it will grow back fast.

jojo
July 16th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Ooh I wish ;) Don't know if there is any truth to the theory though. It seems not, as he says bangs will grow fastest to try and catch up with the length, and mine definitely grew SLOWER than the rest of my hair.

I went over a year without trimming in 2009. I think I could easily go even two years now... Not THAT will help my hair get long faster!

He says that if you have layers (including bangs) that they will grow to catch up with the longer layers. He mentions a case of the Sutherland sisters, all the sisters had extremely long hair. A circus owner persuaded their father to let his daughters become part of the traveling show, the promoters of the show decided to enhance their looks by cutting little bangs and short sides, in all the sisters except Ethel. It is reported in George Michael's book (pg 121) that very soon after, the hair went through the process of equilisation: one sisters haire "apparently" shrank to her knees. Basically he says longer lengths will be stunted if hair is not equal.

Probably a load of crap, my hair doesn't appear to have been stunted since I got my bangs cut in.

I think what he is referring to is one length hair appears prettier as its uniform through out. As layers grow in, you notice these more (including bangs) as they go through awkward stages, sticking out, winging etc and because you are paying attention to these, you don't notice the growth. If that makes sense.

I do think one length hair looks better, whether it grows quicker well we will see with you!

dolphin
August 17th, 2011, 05:25 PM
You are really brave! I think you had excellent reasons to do it though. Shorter, healthier hair is always more attractive than longer, damaged hair. Plus, it's hair, it will grow back! :)

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 18th, 2011, 09:09 AM
That was a little extreme and u might regret it but it looks really cute just don't cut bangs!! U finally have no
Layers and if u cut them I'll b like why did I do that?!