PDA

View Full Version : Prom hair disaster

defineinsanity
July 3rd, 2011, 04:19 AM
So it was my prom last night and for ages i had been trying to figure out a way of styling my hair how i like in the least damaging way... so i decide on curling it over night with those long tube-like bendy rollers. They worked wonders the week before, only problem is the outcome is always different.....
I leave them in over night, lovely lovely, keep them in until a few hours before leaving for prom... take them out and BOOM frizzball disaster.... all the curls were incredibly tight and looked like i was doll wearing earmuffs as the top of my head was still flat haha.. i'm laughing now but seriously i could have cried. (picture albert einstein) Also because i'd put them in when my hair was still a bit damp some parts didn't even curl.

Only thing to was crawl to my friends bedroom and beg her to borrow her curling tongs... i never wanted it to go this way but it calls for desperate measures, my hair is very very breakable when using heat so i cringed while fixing it... luckily it looked rather nice towards the end and my panic was over.

Only thing now is i'm not quite sure what the result of attacking my hair with heat has left, currently typing while deep conditioning
Thank god for LHC :L

Advice.... if you're going to use these particular curlers, wait untill hair is closer to dry than damp, take them out well in advance so that you can pull the curls down and also practise with using them more than once before.

Ishje
July 3rd, 2011, 04:29 AM
I have had the same experience with curlers. one day they looked amazing, and the next time when I had a photoshoot they where horrific XD
I totally agree with your advise, and I hope you had a nice evening anyway :)

sarahbrownie
July 3rd, 2011, 04:40 AM
Sometimes you have to kind of retrain the curl when you take it off. This is a good tutorial on how to use sponge rollers, I had no idea I've been doing them wrong all my life. http://youtu.be/DIprpy4TTYc