PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone here whose hair didn't change alot during puberty?

TealDolphin
July 3rd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Just wondering :)

Kyla
July 3rd, 2011, 12:28 AM
Me.....I don't think my hair changed at all. I even still have the same face wispies I had when I was six. It's still the same color, thickness....everything really.

Although I DID grow my bangs out, but that had to do more with a choice because of puberty. :)

celebriangel
July 3rd, 2011, 01:56 AM
My hair went from blonde to light ash brown (which I believe is still technically blonde, just with a grey hue, and it totally looks brown to me) when I was a kid, and increased drastically in thickness and curliness as kids' hair does, but the changes stopped when I was about 10. It's been the same ever since.

Hiriel
July 3rd, 2011, 03:25 AM
Mine. My hair has been gradually changing colour more or less my whole life, but it has never changed texture, or had any drastic changes at all.

pepperminttea
July 3rd, 2011, 03:29 AM
My hair changed colour (from blonde to brown) when I was 7/8-ish, so pre-puberty. No major changes during puberty itself.

slythwolf
July 3rd, 2011, 04:01 AM
It got a little darker, but it's been doing that at basically the same rate since I was a toddler. So, yeah: *raises hand*

sarahbrownie
July 3rd, 2011, 04:03 AM
Nope. Basically had the same hair and color through out my life. I was pretty shocked when I got my junior year portrait and it looked exactly like my 4th grade portrait. :/ Might have gotten a tad curlier but I can't really tell because I don't "embrace" them.

Mirsha
July 3rd, 2011, 04:03 AM
I used to be a white blonde curly when I was little, the greasiest ash blonde you ever saw in puberty.. which I still am.

The curls and white blonde left me when I was about 5-6, so it didn't change much during puberty.. other than the greasyness >_>

Night_Kitten
July 3rd, 2011, 04:05 AM
Mine hasn't changed eather, only got slightly darker...

tabby28
July 3rd, 2011, 04:38 AM
Puberty didn't change my hair at all. Same curl, colour and texture! When I was born it was alot paler, almost blonde, but darkened to medium brown within a couple of years. It has changed in recent years but that is due to not being very good to it!

ladyfey
July 3rd, 2011, 06:12 AM
Mine darkened from white-blonde to dark gold WAY before puberty, no changes during.

Nymph
July 3rd, 2011, 06:57 AM
Puberty didn't change my hair at all. It only started really changing in my early/mid twenties.

Messyhair
July 3rd, 2011, 07:08 AM
Looking at pictures, I'd say not a thing changed. It has become more manageable as I've gotten older, but that would be because I've learned how it should be treated. :)

Gypsygirl
July 3rd, 2011, 07:13 AM
No changes here, either...

Chetanlaiho
July 3rd, 2011, 07:18 AM
It's gotten gradually darker from light blonde to brown but most of that happened right before I think. Other than that, same texture and from what I can tell pretty much the same thickness.

CurlAhead
July 3rd, 2011, 07:37 AM
I wish my hair hadn't changed, I liked it the way it was, haha!

AlannaMaria
July 3rd, 2011, 08:02 AM
I'm thinking no...but maybe it did and I just couldn't tell because it was so short and awful. : P

Delila
July 3rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
When I was an infant, my hair was a lot lighter. It darkened over my childhood, and is basically the same shade now that it was before I hit puberty.

I did have a streak of hair right at the front that tended to turn a bit blonde, but I'm assuming that was from a combination of sun exposure and damage from other things. (those strands are curlier and more vulnerable than the rest of my hair.)

QueenJoey
July 3rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
I'm going through puberty now. (I'm a late bloomer.) My hair has gotten thicker, and my once pin straight strands have gotten wavier and wavier. When I was really little it was super fine and 1a. then it got a bit thicker and more like 1b. Now it's F/M and 1c, but some days I see these random spirals, like 2c. It's the weirdest thing.

DoubleCrowned
July 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
My hair remained exactly as it was when I was little until about 45, when the color started to darken. At about 55, when I started getting sick from chemicals, it went from chestnut to an ugly dull slate color. It is still thin and baby fine, though, just like it was when I was 5.

oktobergoud
July 3rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Nope, my hair didn't change at all! Maybe it got a little darker, but I honestly don't know since I've been dyeing my hair since I was 14...

My brother's hair did change a lot in puberty! He had white blonde, stick straight hair.. and it turned into this dark blonde bush full of curls! Really weird, since there isn't anyone in the family with curls. But he had them! Now he's out of puberty the curls get straighter again...

Jeni
July 3rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Well it got darker- white as a baby/young child to light blond as an older child/young teen to what I have now which is kind of a dark blond (depending on the lighting, looks almost med blond outside). I have always has stick straight, ridiculously fine and on the thin side of normal hair.

Carolyn
July 3rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Nope, no change here. I've had the same hair my whole life other than it's slightly darker blonde now with some silver in it. It's no thinner or curlier than it was in childhood, thank god. Until I came here I never hair hair changed much other than getting darker or thinner with age.

Venefica
July 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM
My hair did not change during puberty, it changed once in my life naturally, I was light blond when I was like three years old but it got darker into a golden blond by the time I was four or five, other than that my hair has not changed naturally, off course now I dye it, but other than that is is like it have always been.

AngryVikingGirl
July 3rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
Started to get greasy sooner. Not a progression, but learnt to treat is.

GRU
July 3rd, 2011, 07:20 PM
No change for me.

VitisVinifera
July 3rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
Me. It's always been thin, fine, straight and dark brown. Any deviation has been at my own hands.