PDA

View Full Version : Previous measurement erroneous...

Arianwen
July 2nd, 2011, 06:22 PM
my MIL measured my hair and came up with 31.8". I got DH to measure it today, I was careful to keep the end at my hairline and he measured twice: 32.25". We think my MIL did not pull my hair taut when she measured it - I get terrible shrinkage.

I measure when wet and stretched, btw.

feralnature
July 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
It is great either way :)

I quit measuring mine. I just use landmarks now. I have a measuring tape, just always forget to do it or get hubby to do it. :rolleyes:

Mesmerise
July 2nd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I need to stretch my hair fully to measure. There's no point in not stretching IMHO because if you've got any sort of curl or wave pattern, it will vary in curliness on different days... the only way you can do it accurately I think is to do it by stretching out to straight.

So yeah, while my hair is apparently 28" it is no doubt a bit less when it just sits!

Arianwen
July 3rd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Psst I credit taking pre-natal vitamins with my insane growth (not that I'm not pregnant and still growing, I think I can safely say the vitamins did it!) I used to be a slow to normal-ish grower, eh?

This is the longest my hair's been since I was oh, 17 or so. That was 20(!) years ago!!!