PDA

View Full Version : Back to Black-pics*

lillylonghair
July 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
I had been trying to grow out my indigo for a months! I was able to lighten to a dark chocolately brown (still with some black on the ends) with lots and lots of honey treatments. That coupled with sun exposure left me with a brassy brown that I hated. I also felt like it just didn't suit my skin ( light in winter with pink cheek,but tans easily in summer). So I finally ordered some indigo and took the plunge.

I did an all over henna (mixed with some buxus and amla( and then did my indigo. I did it full strength on the roots and then mixed the rest with some henna on the ends. I ended up doing a second all over indigo a fews day later since it didn't fully ''take'' the first time.
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu89/lillysmama0729/stuff033.jpg

lillylonghair
July 2nd, 2011, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah and my bangs are still pretty short. I just have a natural cowlikc and they like to wave away from my face so I scrunch in a little aloe vera gel to hold it there away from my face.

Corvus
July 2nd, 2011, 08:24 PM
Gorgeous!! I love black hair....... :D

lillylonghair
July 2nd, 2011, 08:27 PM
Thank you! Me too:)

ange1ito
July 2nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
It suit's you :)

heartgoesboom
July 2nd, 2011, 08:40 PM
you look so pretty! love the lips too

lillylonghair
July 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Thank you guys! I love doing a bright lip in summer with just mascara. It's more of a super hot pink irl.

QueenJoey
July 2nd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Your so lucky! I wish I could pull off black that well. It washes me out a bit, but I just love when I have really dark hair. I stick with a dark cinnamon shade though. You're cowlick is actually really cute, too. It looks like an old fashioned hairstyle, you know?

spidermom
July 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM
Wow; black really suits you!

kitten1986
July 2nd, 2011, 09:07 PM
oh lovely! I just went back to black too, but I didnt know you could use henna to do it so alas, I used a semi permanent boxed one, you are right! Black is definitely your colour it looks amazing! :D

lillylonghair
July 2nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
Your so lucky! I wish I could pull off black that well. It washes me out a bit, but I just love when I have really dark hair. I stick with a dark cinnamon shade though. You're cowlick is actually really cute, too. It looks like an old fashioned hairstyle, you know?

Thank you! For years I kept trying to go light but even though this is quite a bit darker than my natural color it looks good whether I'm super light or have a bit of tan! Haha I gave up on bangs b/c of that dang cowlick.

lillylonghair
July 2nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Wow; black really suits you!

Thank you! Sometimes I'm afraid it looks fake but with indigo it somehow settles in quite naturally.

lillylonghair
July 2nd, 2011, 09:10 PM
oh lovely! I just went back to black too, but I didnt know you could use henna to do it so alas, I used a semi permanent boxed one, you are right! Black is definitely your colour it looks amazing! :D

Yes, you can do a 2 step henna then indigo process (although I know one member one here does it in reverse to get a warmer black) or a one step ''henndigo''.

Henrietta
July 3rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Good you're happy with your hair. I believe we all need to change our way sometimes just to discover that we don't like it and our original path was good :)

misspriss
July 3rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Wow it looks great! Black is my weakness, you are making my dedecation to virgin hair this time around VERY hard, you look so good!

Rocket22
July 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
It really does suit you!

LyraS
July 4th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Black looks really natural on you.

cheetahfast
July 4th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Wow your hair looks wonderful black! With your makeup and skin tone it's very Snow White, beautiful.

lillylonghair
July 4th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Thank you ladies for the compliments:)

Lostsoule77
July 4th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I think it looks really nice and natural.

Peashy
July 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Wow your hair looks lovely and definitely suits you black! I also thought very Snow Whitey! Really wish I could pull off colours like this but blacks and blondes are definitely out of the question for me. My skin tone only seems to work with some reds and browns :S

You're so lucky! :D

vanity_acefake
July 4th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Ooh it looks wonderful on you.

allmixedup88
July 4th, 2011, 03:26 PM
omg it's so cute!

MagicAndMayhem
July 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I love it, long live hennigo!