PDA

View Full Version : OMG I love this hairstyling video!!

Alvrodul
July 2nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
This hairstyling video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJj_O7pDgYw) is really fun, especially where she needs to fake it! :D

Of course, there are those here on LHC that don't need to use fake hair! :D

emelnd
July 2nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Cool! Lol Apparently I am not allowed to just say cool. We should have a like button.

HairStickler
July 2nd, 2011, 08:27 PM
That was funny! But I wonder why she just didn't section the hair into 4 braids: 2 to go over the top of the head, and 2 to hang down on the sides.

Madora
July 2nd, 2011, 09:49 PM
Very interesting and very well done! I was surprised, however, that she didn't describe how you could hide the little hairs that would inevitably stick out (because of the different lengths involved).

It can be done easily. It's just a question of varying your braiding just a tiny bit so that you more or less "surround" the shorter hairs with the longer strands.

How I wish she'd demonstrate braided do's from the mid to late 19th century!

YesitsReal
July 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
Really cool! I kind of wish they would show her hands moving in slow motion as she braids, though. I've never seen anybody braid that fast! :D

Kyla
July 2nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
That was so funny when she started ranting about faking the hair length. :) What an awesome video, and interesting style.

Tressie
July 2nd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks for sharing this! It was very well done, and quite interesting. I was amazed at how nimbly she tied that leather~ :flower:

LyraS
July 3rd, 2011, 02:30 AM
Huh! I could not take her seriously after she went on about the hair length. Overdramatic.

sarahbrownie
July 3rd, 2011, 04:16 AM
Geez. Years of painful grow out? *input sarcasm* Oh, yes I'm in constant agony as my hair grows .5 inches a month! I can feel it seeping out of my follicles! Ahhhh! Make it stop!

Modern technology of hair extensions? I'm pretty sure there women used braided switches in hairstyles back then too.

Oh, and I'm sure that huge cubic zicona is really period authentic. *more sarcasm*

Don't mind me, I'm just one of those people during a period movie who nitpicks every little costuming error. :D

It's a pretty cool hair video. Thanks for sharing.