PDA

View Full Version : Ive gone a whole week....woo hoo!

jojo
July 2nd, 2011, 12:01 PM
without washing my hair! My hair looks like a chip pan but ive done it!

I just did daily fringe washes and it looked ok in a bun!

Ive just eaten some honey roasted cashews to celebrate:cheese:

I knew you lot your appreciate my excitement, ive never gone this long ever....so :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug: and :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: on me!

Kyla
July 2nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Congratulations! I can't go three days before I snap and wash it, it bothers me so much. I admire your dedication!

jojo
July 2nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Well I had no choice to be honest due to strange shifts at work. funny thing though once I got past 3 days it actually looked less greasy??? but not as bad as I thought, going to try for another week!

celebriangel
July 2nd, 2011, 01:47 PM
I find that my hair gets to "day 4/5" hair (slightly oily, not noticeable in an updo) and just stays there for *ever*. I generally wash it because I feel like it at about the week/10 day mark.

I find that doing preening things is good to help stretch washes - then your roots become less oily and your length gets a nice dose of sebum. The visual effect is of shiny hair from root to tip, and it helps prevent the "gunky" feeling.

vanity_acefake
July 2nd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Congratulations. I managed to start stretching my washings by being really ill for 2 weeks and being completely unable to wash it. Now I wash it every 10 days or so. It's great.
:)

clairenewcastle
July 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Over the last number of years I've went from shampooing my hair every two days to doing so every nine to ten days - it was the best decision I ever made for my hair is thicker now than it's ever been.

Admittedly not shampooing often wasn't easy at first for I've greasy hair but once I embraced the joys of baseball caps, hats and scarves (they hide a multitude of sins and offer protection from UV rays, wind and pollution) stretching washes became a doddle.
Also, I find hair sebum to be quite moisturising.........

Stick with it for I'm sure you'll see a difference in your hair over the next few months.:)

pittsburgpam
July 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Congrats! :) I once went well over a week but that was because I had surgery and was unexpectedly in the hospital for 7 days and was in NO shape to wash my hair for days after that. My hair was DISGUSTING!!!

bunzfan
July 2nd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Its a good idea in my book, since i started washing my hair every 10 days it's thicker and softer to.

Alaia
July 2nd, 2011, 03:34 PM
Congrats! It becomes surprisingly easy to go for a week or more. Your roots will get used to it quickly, I find that mine stall at day 3 after washing and only become noticeably worse after 7 days.

Ligeia_13
July 2nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Congratulations!!!! The longest I've ever been was 10 days. I had red hair and wanted to keep it from fading :p

Mrspuddinhead
July 2nd, 2011, 04:39 PM
Congrats JoJo!!! Ive tried to stretch my washing and I just can't do it. The greasy look drive me crazy!! It might not bother me as bad when I have a BBB to use to distribute the oil.

Alvrodul
July 2nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Congratulations! :flowers:
I usually wash my hair about twice a week, and when I have a good opportunity, I tend to stretch the time between washes a bit more - and that is very good for my hair. :)

jojo
July 2nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
The BBB does help a little, I may try for 9 days and see what happens. It also helps being able to wash my fringe as it gives the impression of clean hair. Washed my hair today and it was so much less tangly and easier to comb through, which makes me think I was washing it too much and drying it out.

KarpatiiSiv
July 2nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Well done JoJo. I started to stretch my washing many years ago after being told that I was drying my hair out due to washing it too often. I can now easily go 10 days plus between washes. It does take a while for your roots/scalp to get used to it but it does get easier.

QueenJoey
July 2nd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Lucky. I've never had more than 2 or 3 days between washes, and even then my hair is incredibly disgusting. Guess I'll have to try for a week in winter. The weather is in the 100's right now where I am. My hair is just BEGGING to be washed!

mrs_coffee
July 2nd, 2011, 05:32 PM
That's great! :cheer:

I want to stretch my washings out again. I was in the ocean too much on vacation and got back to having to wash every other day because my hair freaked out with the salt water.

tinti
July 2nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Congratulations! And good luck if you decide to do it again! It gets easier after a while, at least it did for me!

AcornMystic
July 2nd, 2011, 05:34 PM
It also helps being able to wash my fringe as it gives the impression of clean hair.

That's exactly what I do. I did that just this morning. After celebrating Canada day yesterday and waking up looking like a mess then having to go to work but not wanting to wash your hair to get rid of that "partied the night before" look giving your fringe a wash will definately do it. I have the same hair cut as you, just chin length.:cheese:

Xi
July 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
Congrats, jojo! :toast: Quite apart from how good it is for hair, spacing out washes does certainly save time. Fringe washing is definitely a key part of the strategy for me, too.:)

Madora
July 2nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
Congratulations, Jojo! Well done! Your hair will thank you in the end! Remember to brush every day because that helps a ton when stretching your washes!

Mesmerise
July 2nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
I think my longest (since childhood when I washed weekly) would be 4 days. I've never tried to stretch longer. Actually, washing every three days for me is a victory, as I'm one of those people who thought they HAD to wash daily or have greasy hair. I hated the feel of even second day roots. Now I'm doing CO every three days (sometimes 4...but by then I have an itchy scalp).

Henrietta
July 3rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
I so share your enthusiasm! I did exactly the same thing lately, even twice, as I'm trying to stretch washes. Let's celebrate! :)

jojo
July 4th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Thank you all, its strange how the BBB gets rid of yucky hair. My plan is to build up to once a fortnight washings, glad to hear it gets easier too. Though it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I still oiled the ends daily. I am going to try without oil this week and just depend on my BBB to distribute my sebum to the ends.

No washing until a week tomorrow!

Madora
July 4th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Yes, your pure bbb is great at getting rid of "yucky hair"! It sure helps "stretch" those necessary washes (unless your hair is oily or you live in a poor air quality environment!).

long&blonde
July 4th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Congrats! Remember my first week w/only 1 wash well too!