PDA

View Full Version : Ram horns

Nymph
July 2nd, 2011, 08:45 AM
I am trying to come up with a hairstyle that would make the hair go in coils like ram horns, so starting at the forehead and then spiralling up on the side of the head. I am not really creative with braiding and hairstyles so I was wondering if anyone could help me with this?

Annibelle
July 4th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Gawd... I wish I could help you out... my hair naturally does this when I have shoulder or shorter. DH calls it a "yak attack..." hahaha.

Night_Kitten
July 5th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Not sure how well this will work, but you could do 2 rope-braids near your forhead, and then loop them around a wire to get a "horn-like" look, and then you'll be able to put it in any shape you want and the wire will hold them up / to the sides (hopefully) :)

chahuahuas
July 5th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I like the idea involving the braids and wire, especially if it is a rope braid to imitate the twist of the horn. If you do it, post pictures!! My school mascot is a Ram, so this would be an awesome idea come next basketball season! :eek: Ooooh especially with some Ram-ish face paint....

Elph
July 5th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Ok first thought is the soft drink bottle gravity defiying hairstyle that was a post a while back. You could depending on the length get a couple of small plastic bottle and cut the funnel part off to use underneath the pony tail and then have an accient braid that forms the spiral pattern......

chahuahuas
July 5th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Ohhh, good call elph, I was just wondering about how to make the braids thick enough to imitate the horns. I like the funnel idea.