PDA

View Full Version : Virgin hair, finally! :)

Katrina
July 2nd, 2011, 03:21 AM
Hi! Long time no see... I had my daughter in January 2011 and decided to had my past tailbone length hair cut shortly after that. My mother cut it. Why did I have it done? Because I was really tired of the dye and wanted virgin hair, no matter if it would be a lot shorter.

Before the cut:

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/pitkatukka/31102010_pieni_nettiin-1.jpg

After (February 2011):

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/pitkatukka/Kuva022-1.jpg

My hair yesterday (damp after wash):

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/pitkatukka/172011mrthiukset-1.jpg

Growing continues with virgin hair and my final goal is terminal.

I just wanted to share this with you :)

Joliebaby
July 2nd, 2011, 03:34 AM
Oh, congratulations! I bet it's amazing to have all virgin hair!
Your natural hair looks a lot like mine, the color and waves?? It's lovely :)

I have been growing out my natural hair for a year and it's not long enough to chop like this. It also blends quite well so I might just gradually trim the dyed parts away..

I'm also Finnish, btw :D

Catlover
July 2nd, 2011, 03:35 AM
Hello Katrina, how I admire you. Your hair is pretty. I am trying to grow out my henna, only have one inch on virgin hair so far :). I do not know if I will cut mine or keep in two-toned. Please keep posting the pics - very encouraging for us undecided.

rena
July 2nd, 2011, 03:39 AM
Wow, you did exactly what I'm planning to do! Just look at my whip-o-meter in my siggie :)

Peashy
July 2nd, 2011, 03:51 AM
That is so wonderful, looks lovely! I really considered a big chop the other day just so I could experience 100% virgin hair (all 1inch of it!) and grow from there! I honestly cannot remember the last time it was completely natural with nothing on it at all. I know I didn't much favour the colour - a sort of grey-mousebrown, but I do know it looked and behaved completely different to how it does now and I do miss that.

Well done on being brave enough to do it, hope you have lots of fun growing it back. Good luck!! :)

pepperminttea
July 2nd, 2011, 04:07 AM
Goodness, it must've taken quite some resolution to do that; good for you! Your hemline looks amazingly thick! :)

KittyLost
July 2nd, 2011, 04:24 AM
Wow that's a lot of hair! Congratulations on going all natural :)

miss_purple
July 2nd, 2011, 04:53 AM
Looks very healthy to me.

IanB
July 2nd, 2011, 05:24 AM
Fantastic, can't beat it! Natural is the greatest!

MonaLisa
July 2nd, 2011, 06:22 AM
looks great! and you're so brave! :)

PrincessBlondie
July 2nd, 2011, 06:35 AM
Your hair looks fab now. To be honest I am not a fan of very long two tone hair (it looks unkept), I think you done the best thing. It looks lovely and thick now, and all one tone. And best of all ITS ALL VIRGIN HAIR! Lucky you....enjoy! :cheese:

October
July 2nd, 2011, 06:38 AM
Awesome. I have thought about cutting all my dyed parts off as well, but I am not brave enough to go chin length. Must feel great to be all natural again. :)

turtlelover
July 2nd, 2011, 06:38 AM
Congratulations on getting your natural color back. It is a PAIN to get to that point! Hope you are enjoying it! :cheese:

kamikaze hair
July 2nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
oh my god, that took alot of courage, i am too chicken to cut my hair like that. You hair looks beautiful, so lovely and thick. (of course i'm jealous!) :eyebrows:

jojo
July 2nd, 2011, 04:56 PM
looks so healthy and thick.

2luvmycurls
July 2nd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Yay! Your hair looks great! :)

QueenJoey
July 2nd, 2011, 05:12 PM
You're hair looks crazy healthy! It's going to look gorgeous when it's at terminal.

ange1ito
July 2nd, 2011, 05:28 PM
I liked your length but i have to admit the virgin looks super healthy, your natural hair is a lovely colour. As it's now virgin you should be able to grow it without too much hassle from splits...yey :)

Henrietta
July 3rd, 2011, 12:41 PM
The most important fact is that you're happy with your hair. If colour bothered you and you're ready to take the journey again, it's the best thing :) I always admire such bravery- to take a decision to cut so short and grow again.

dragonchickx
July 3rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
SO excited that more people are becoming virgin hairs again!!! can't wait to see more pics!

Pantha
July 3rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
You have a lot of guts to do that, and it looks so good all one colour.

feralnature
July 3rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
WOW! Congrats!

spidermom
July 3rd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Oh Katrina; I understand why you did it, but wow - that's a lot of length gone. I hope you enjoy it.