PDA

View Full Version : Question on how to protect hair

Darkhorse1
July 1st, 2011, 09:34 PM
Hey all,
Not sure this is the right forum to put this in.

Since it's show season, I'm outdoors a lot. Baseball hats are my salvation to protect my head and hair.

The problem I am having is that some of my fav baseball hats have velcro closures where I put my ponytail/bun through, and it snagged on the under neath parts of my hair.

Is there anything I can do to alter those hats with velcro so it doesn't snag my hair?

I was thinking of fashioning some snap over cover that I can cover the area while still being able to adjust the hat

Madora
July 1st, 2011, 09:39 PM
Could you wear a small silk/satin scarf on top of your hair, then put the cap on top of the scarf?

I have a sun visor that has the same problem. I wear a white scarf underneath it, and no more snags!

clairenewcastle
July 1st, 2011, 09:58 PM
I second Mador's suggestion. I often wear a cotton bandana over my hair, tying it at the nape of my neck before putting a baseball cap or hat on top.

If my hair is a bit greasy wearing the bandana keeps the inside of the hat clean (I'm trying to stretch my washes as much as possible.)

Darkhorse1
July 1st, 2011, 11:28 PM
I tried that and it didn't work--I get very hot working outdoors and less is better for me.

I'll try it again and see if I can fashion a way to maybe cover the length of my hair before making a bun to see if it prevents snags. I'm just also wondering if I can remove the velcro and add my own snap or buckle to them.

Thanks ladies!!