PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm panicking!

giuditta
July 1st, 2011, 03:52 PM
Since I started dying my hair with henna and using more natural products 3 weeks ago, I noticed more and more "aura" hairs on the top of my head, little babylike hairs.
I thought it's a temporary reaction cause my hair has to get used to everything, and since it is nice soft and shiny for the rest I didn't worry.
But now in the abreviation list I read that they can also be broken hairs! Aaaaaa are my hairs breaking off, could that be it? How do I know? Now I'm starting to panic eeeeeeeeeeek :confused:

And is it true that I can hold them down a bit using Aloe Vera gel?

RubyEmpress
July 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM
Are the ends tapered like new growth or blunt like breakage?

Anje
July 1st, 2011, 03:59 PM
Yes, check the ends. Long tapers are good and mean new growth!

Aloe gel might hold them down. It really depends on how determined they are.

CrystalStar
July 1st, 2011, 04:30 PM
Lots of people get a rush of new growth when they join LHC and start taking vitamins, and scalp massages and oilings etc! Like Anje and RubyEmpress have said if you look at the ends they should taper into a point.. If they are very flat/broken looking it's breakage which is a whole other matter. :p

tinti
July 1st, 2011, 05:34 PM
Don't panic :) As Anje, CrystalStar and RubyEmpress have said, check your new growth's ends and see if they're tapered or blunt/split and see if they're simply new growth or broken hairs. And either way ,this is a good thing, I mean look at what you've acomplished, right (meh, my spelling sucks, and I'm not quite .. ehm ;) You have decied to treat your hair better, switched to better, more natural products, and if I've read your recent thread correctly, laid of the evil straightener, and that is a huge step for most girls today! Just don't give up, keep up the good work, do your natural products thing, oil your hair, wear it up, and baby it like it's your first born baby :)

Toadstool
July 1st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Since I started dying my hair with henna and using more natural products 3 weeks ago, I noticed more and more "aura" hairs on the top of my head, little babylike hairs.

I've noticed when I use natural, silicone-free products, my "aura" hairs stand out far more. In my case, I don't think it's that they're new, just that they are more visible because they're not being smoothed by the silicones. If i want smooth hair, I use a product with cones in.

McFearless
July 1st, 2011, 10:03 PM
Chances are you've always had them. We all do..since out hairs are all in different growth stages and are at different lengths. They could only now be brought to your attention because you are focusing on your hair a lot after joining the forum. Or maybe the products you are using don't weigh your hairs down, like Toadstool said.

Kdc0180
July 1st, 2011, 10:30 PM
I can't wait to try henna soon. I'm so fed up with my hair color. Luckily I joined LHC because I was about to just get a non-permanent coloring but that would've destroyed my hair. Yeah, but the aura usually is new hair growth..if it's all around the same length I wouldn't suspect that to all be broken strands. :/