PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm... what to do with it?

Rosalaun
July 1st, 2011, 10:41 AM
At the moment my hair is a few inches past my shoulders, with one half shaved off. I'm wanting to grow it out, but for now I can't decide what to do with it! I normally wear it one of three ways:

(ignore the wavyness, it's been in the 5 strand at the bottom all day xD I'm quite proud of that, it hadn't fallen out despite me jumping around all day)

So it's either - down and over to one side so the shaved side shows
-down with a blunt fringe showing to hide the side
-fringe down back tied up

I can't decide what to do with it at all! I want to grow the dye out (the length is currently 2 coats of bleach, dyed with brown, 2 coats of henna, brown, then some of those plant based dyes that wash out really easily) and my roots are about an inch or so. On the last thread I made when I first came back here after a break, a couple of people did suggest shaving it all off (but I'm too scared to do that xD I need my hair covering my face somehow) but if I find a style nice enough I may shorten it.

Any suggestions whether it's styles I could do with it now or any new cuts are very appreciated :D Thanks!

terpentyna
July 1st, 2011, 11:07 AM
Gorgeous braid....

The cut is up to you, you can keep shaving or just grow out, but I think you can always braid a lace braid over the shaved part, or quite the opposite, make a braid that would seem to sweep out of the swept side. I'm talking about a strong, asymetrical braid in both cases.

Rosalaun
July 1st, 2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks! My arms have been aching since doing it xD

I'm definitely going to grow it out, just not sure what to do in the process. I did try a lace shortly after reading your post earlier, but it didn't work too well because of my fringe. If I left it to be a full fringe, I took away one long side to plait so it looked odd, and swept across fringe meant that most of the shaved side was still visible x_x Awkward hair! Thanks for the suggestions though.

oktobergoud
July 1st, 2011, 03:23 PM
Amazing braid :o
I like your little shaved patch :) I like it now!
I was thinking about a braid as well.. just like the other poster.. a simple sideway braid is very popular and it will get this great asymmetric effect I think, like this: http://hairstylesimages.com/wp-content/images/2010/04/side-braid-hairstyle.jpg just a simply, messy braid :)

Helix
July 1st, 2011, 03:38 PM
I really like the last braid. Is there a tutorial for that?

Rosalaun
July 1st, 2011, 03:54 PM
Aww, thank you :3
I'd not considered doing a simple side braid, but I'll definitely add that to the list of things I can do with it.

And I'm glad you like it Helix!
I didn't learn this from any online tutorials, it's from my mum's old needlework books xD It's talking about plaiting rags to make rugs and goes into multi-strand braids.
It's just a basic 5 strand braid done in dutch style - so a french braid the hair is added and the outermost strand is folded over the next strand, then under the one after.
Here I've started weaving it under then over to make the plait stand out. And working with 5 strands, it's under-over-under, then pass the spare strands along and start from the other side. Same principle as other odd numbered multi-strand braids really, always weave between the strands until you have 2 spare, then swap sides.

I would make a video, but there's probably some already out there xD