PDA

View Full Version : More unscented help, plz, before I order.

starlamelissa
July 1st, 2011, 08:32 AM
based on the ingredients, which would be more moisterizing/ easier to comb through in the shower?
Heritage Products Olive Oil Conditioner Description

-- Pure Moisturizing Conditioners
-- Nourishing Herbal Infusion
-- For Shine and Manageability

Stonybrook Conditioner Unscented Description

Specifically Designed for People Who Have Sensative Skin or Who are Looking to Avoid Fragrance.

Totally Unscented - Fragrance Free
No Masking Agents, SLS, or Parabens
No Animal Ingredients or Animal Testing
Stony Brook Botanicals "oil free" Shampoos and Conditioners are a blend of pure herbal extracts that add body and shine to hair. No coating agents, artificial colors, or waxes are added. Our conditioning comes from botanical extracts of Chamomile, Red Clover, Comfrey, and Canadian Balsam. Biotin helps maintain hair strength-even on fine hair. Gentle enough for daily use.

Ingredients: Purified water, cetearyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, PEG 40, cetyl alcohol, organic extracts of chamomile, comfrey, red clover, canadian balsam, biotin, phenoxytol (green tea) , grapefruit seed extract (preservative)

I need a very heavy conditioner, the cure care I bought is just too light, for what I need it to do.

starlamelissa
July 1st, 2011, 08:34 AM
Ingredients: Water, Standamul (Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil and Stearalkonium Chloride), Olive Oil, Vegetable Derived Emulsifier (Cetearyl Alcohol and Cetearyl Polyglucose), Citricidal, Dehyquart (Cetrimonium Chloride), Lavender Oil, Aloe Vera, Gardenia Oil, Lanolin and Herbal Infusion: Rosemary, Yarrow, Sage, Lemon Grass and Nettles.

Those are the ingredients for the first conditioner. Some how they didnt make it onto my first cut and paste.

mellie
July 1st, 2011, 08:35 AM
I have used the Stonybrook Unscented Oil Free Shampoo in the past, I really liked it. Here's my review of the shampoo:

http://reviews.longhaircommunity.com/showproduct.php/product/161/cat/all

I never tried their conditioner though!

starlamelissa
July 1st, 2011, 08:44 AM
thank you so much for replying! I worry that the "oil free" part of stonybrook will equal crazy poofball hair for me. Your review says you dont use a conditioner with the shampoo, and you still felt moisterized? Hmm that bodes well for stonybrook.

starlamelissa
July 1st, 2011, 08:46 AM
Also, does anyone know if you can add olive oil/coconut oil to conditioner in the shower to thicken it up a bit?

mellie
July 1st, 2011, 09:14 AM
No, I never used conditioner with the Stonybrook. My hair is naturally quite oily, and conditioner always makes it look greasy and weighed down, so I don't use it.

Wouldn't oil added to conditioner make it thinner, not thicker?

starlamelissa
July 1st, 2011, 09:23 AM
Hmm, the consistancy would be thinner with an extra liquid, I guess I mean, could I use a dime size amount of oil in my conditioner to aid in detangling? I ask because my cure care I bought is fabulously no scent, but I am not thrilled with its detangling abilities. But I can shave with it, use it as a moisterizer, leave it in, etc etc so that multi-task aspect of the cure care is a definite bonus! if only it removed knots better, I'd be in heaven.