PDA

View Full Version : question about ends

Stub
July 1st, 2011, 06:39 AM
I've noticed lately that the very tips of my ends, maybe 1/8th inch, look different. Like they catch the light differently or something than the rest of the hair. And it's most of them, not randomly one or two. I'm wondering if that is damage? A split end that hasn't actually split yet? Or do ends just catch the light differently? I keep thinking I should do a trim, I did my first one in three years somewhere around March. I do S&D but I tend to only do it on my left side because that's the side that is in the light where I normally sit. If I keep that up I will be lopsided! Anyway I find a few splits but not a lot.
Opinions?
Thank you!

RitaPG
July 1st, 2011, 07:53 AM
It could just be sun lightening. The ends are older so they've seen more sun than the roots, it's normal if they seem brighter. I hope this doesn't sound confusing, it's hard for me to explain it in English :o
As long as they don't look or feel damaged, it should be fine :)
I don't think a small trim would hurt, though, considering you had your last one 3 years ago. Just to even the hemline and get rid of those splits.

Stub
July 1st, 2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks Rita, I was wondering that. Also I forgot to mention that my hair does curl at the ends so it could easily be just the way the ends catch the light. It's just strange that it's such a short bit of hair, about the same 1/6th inch on each strand that I notice it in. I hate to cut it if it's not about to split!