PDA

View Full Version : Confusion with S&D ing ... Please help!

Toffee20
July 1st, 2011, 03:46 AM
Hello,
In June I starting S&Ding with a pair of scissors that I thought are ok sharp ness wise (they are like little pretty nail scissors that mum got me for Christmas, but I hadn't really used them I don't think!)
I guess I must have done S&D ing maybe twice a week, and when I looked at my hair, I could only see about 3% of the hairs were split, & although my ends felt a little on the dry side, my hair seemed in fairly good quality!

Yesterday I noticed a group of hairs with maybe 35% split ends, and today I found a similar group, but when I look through the rest of my hair generally it seems not that split-y ...

I'm really confused, as in my head that seems to indicate the patches that I was S&Ding have become lots more split-y ?? :confused:

It has been a bit warmer than usual where I live, & I've possibly been nervous due to doing uni finals & then getting results at the end of June... But my diet has been the same, & hair care routines basically the same.. Though I did a little lace braid after one wash and secured it with one of the tiny elastics (without metal but defo poo quality) & left it for a few days before cutting the bobble out.. Would that make a difference?!

Thank you! Sorry this is so long! Is there any chance S&D ing with sharp scissors could make more splits? Hope everyone is ok =)

Guenhwyvar
July 1st, 2011, 03:54 AM
Try using proper hair cutting scissors. They are not expensive and most pharmacys stock them. They are extra sharp and scissors not sharp enough can damage the hair.

celebriangel
July 1st, 2011, 01:47 PM
You probably shouldn't use nail scissors on your hair. Buy hair scissors, they're in all chemist/pharmacy-type shops.

Zesty
July 1st, 2011, 03:17 PM
It could be that you're just noticing those areas that have more splits. I know I occasionally find an area that just tends to be splitty, and then when I go back and look for it again I can't find it, it's lost in my sea of hairs.

But it's still not a great idea to use nail scissors on your hair (and switching scissors might take care of that problem anyway, so it's worth a try). Go get some hair scissors, good ones don't have to be expensive or anything.