PDA

View Full Version : Dryer sheets for hair use?

honeybunny_1996
June 30th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I've been wondering if any of you have use dryer sheets on your hair, just swiping it over. I've read online that it can reduce the static in your hair and make it softer. So if you have tried it, what was your experience with it.(what effects did it have, does it cause damage, etc.)

pixistixx
June 30th, 2011, 03:42 PM
i tried this a while ago, and all day I couldn't escape the smell! I also got little rash like bumps on the sides of my face where hair brushed against it

pepperminttea
June 30th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I use them in the winter, when my static goes a little crazy. :) Never noticed damage from it at all, but the effect doesn't last long sadly.

prettykitty
June 30th, 2011, 03:58 PM
This is a great idea! It's winter here and my static is crazy! Worth a try methinks.

Madora
June 30th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Controlling static...

Use your palm to calm static. Just run your palm down your hair a few times. I do this every time I move my bbb through my hair. Works like a charm.

Also, a little bit of coconut oil down the strands helps tame those flyaways!

sugar&nutmeg
June 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Fwiw, I've heard that the use of dryer sheets and fabric softeners contain ingredients which can, over time, harm eyesight and cause other negative physical effects. Not sure I'd want those chemicals 'straight' (not just via clothing) so close to my eyes.

I vote for the every-so-tiny-bit of coconut oil.