PDA

View Full Version : One year update with pics!

Joliebaby
June 30th, 2011, 03:21 AM
I've been growing out my own color since last summer.
These pictures are taken by DH so the camera should be at the same level.

I have trimmed about 1 1/2 to 2", more from the sides and layers and less from the ends. I think I'd be at waist (though barely) without any trims.

My hair looks short! GAH! The roots are hard to measure but I'd be surprised if they are 6" -probably closer to 5". But last summer I had a bid growth spurt after taking this picture so maybe I'll hit waist by the end of the summer!!
My hair was like 26" then and 30-31" now (these are not exact measurements, I haven't measured just now) so it seems like my hair must have grown 6" at least in some parts..

Anyway here are the pics, the first one is last summer and the second is today:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6270&pictureid=106598

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6270&pictureid=106600

The color looks a bit brassy in this picture..

I decided against the red I was considering, because every time I've gone red I haven't stayed that way for long. I've dyed back to brown and then I've felt like myself again.

Also the shape used to be a softer U and now it's a deep U bordering on V and I really prefer the soft U. When I get solidly past waist I'll trim back to the soft U-shape. This was much better, in February:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6270&pictureid=96844

So that's my not-so-exciting progress review.

vintage88
June 30th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Congratulations! Great progress your hair is beautiful :)

bunzfan
June 30th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Not much progress what are you talking about women! your hair has grown a lot it looks beautiful i bet your nearer to waist than you think because of your waves:D

vanity_acefake
June 30th, 2011, 04:23 AM
That is some great growth you have had. Your hair is looking beautiful.

Hotrox
June 30th, 2011, 04:52 AM
that is great progress, and some really lovely hair you have there :D

kyandii
June 30th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Your hair is gorgeous. Great progress!

newbeginning
June 30th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Very thick and lovely waves. Congrats on the growth.

mrs_coffee
June 30th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Beautiful!

Alaia
June 30th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Absolutely stunning :thud:

I see major progress there! :D

vanillabones
June 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Beautiful hair I love your waves :) great progress congrats! Your hair got so much longer!!

Prettyeyes23
June 30th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Joliebaby you have had some great growth! Your hair looks amazing!

spitfire511
June 30th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Agreed - beautiful hair and great progress - especially with a trim! :D

Nae
June 30th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I think you have made great progress! It is looking great.

I feel your pain about feeling like it "isn't much progress." I always look at the difference from year to year and think that I have definitely waited long enough for at least 2 more inches lol.

DavidN
June 30th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Wow, what wonderful growth, and your thick waves look excellent! Congratulations on your anniversary!

pixiestar
June 30th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Wow, I think you've had amazing growth.
And you have beautuful hair:D

October
June 30th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! :D Great growth too.

Roscata
June 30th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Happy anniversary! Beautiful hair. :D

Yozhik
June 30th, 2011, 10:02 AM
That is impressive growth! I really admire your color and waves, especially in the last photo.

Congratulations on your anniversary. :flower:

wvgemini
June 30th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Your waves are so fabulous! I wish I could get mine to look that good down. :D

Red_Wednesday
June 30th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I love progress pictures:cheese:!! They always gives me new momentum:). Congratulations!! Your hair looks wonderful!!

ericthegreat
June 30th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I'm still amazed at how incredibly thick your braid is! You have beautiful wavy hair.

Signe
June 30th, 2011, 11:59 AM
i have that exact same thing going on with my hemline. my hair is about the same length as yours and looks to have a very similar wave pattern, and my hemline has definitely stretched out to a deeper u/almost v from the shallow u i had in march (as evidenced by my siggy pic).

Keepitgrowing29
June 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Wonderful growth. Congratulations! How often do you trim?

Joliebaby
June 30th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you, everyone :)
I love progress posts too, that's why I made mine!

I don't think I would have trimmed at all if I didn't have some damage -and then I trimmed with blunt scissors and ended with tons of splits, and had to trim again, oops! ( I now have sharp tweezerman stainless steel hair scissors). The previous year I didn't trim at all and my ends were great.

The V-shape is from trimming the sides way more than the hem, otherwise it would have grown in the nice U-shape. I actually cut the other side shorter accidentally and then had to even out.. and you know how it goes LOL! My sides are much shorter now which is so annoying.
I'd still prefer the U to be even shallower than in the last picture.

I only gained about 4 inches in length, AND went to a sharper U-shape which I don't like so much... so it seems like not so much progress. But it's my own fault for damaging my hair so that I needed to trim...

I tried to measure my roots and my hair grew 4-5 inches, bangs area only 4" it seems, and some other area I measured just a bit over 5", though it's hard to get an accurate measurement because there is no sharp line, at least not in the bathroom light.

7-8" in a year is what I'd call great progress, or even 6" if none of was trimmed off :D

I do have some health issues I'm still trying to work out.. I used to get more than the average 6" per year and now it seems I didn't even get that, plus I made my hemline worse by trimming :/

Oh well.. I will start trimming the hemline after I reach solid waist.
I'm also frustrated with growing out the color.

Garnet66
June 30th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Congrats on getting such great growth. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous. I love your waves.

Regan
June 30th, 2011, 01:28 PM
aww, I love your waves. Definitely a lot of progress.
That braid in your signature is to die for.

tinti
June 30th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Great progress! To me it actually looks like you are at waist already, or at least very close, but I could be wrong.

jojo
June 30th, 2011, 04:36 PM
looks wonderful looks about 2 or so inches off waist, so not long and you will be there.

CurlAhead
June 30th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Your hair is so beautiful and I love how thick it is/looks!! Congratulations on the great growth. :)

oktobergoud
June 30th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Love your hair! Lovely waves and it's so thick!! I've always been impressed with the picture of your braid in your siggy, sooo thick!

IanB
July 1st, 2011, 04:03 AM
That's a really amazing update, and regardless of what you said - exciting too. Well done :)