PDA

View Full Version : First 'guru' moment

prettykitty
June 29th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Among the lovely ladies (and gentlemen!) here at LHC I'm hardly a guru, but I had an experience today that was soo exciting for me I just had to share :)
I went to the supermarket on my lunch break to grab a couple of things, and was dithering between varieties of potato when a lady exclaimed, "I just HAVE to know how you do that bun, I love hairsticks but can never get them to go in!"
So I pulled my hairstick out of my lazy wrap bun, and showed her how to do it. She pulled a pencil from her handbag, and got it on her third try. She wasn't sure she'd remember how to do it, so I wrote down the name of the bun and told her she could find instructions online or on Youtube.
I felt like such a guru...and I only learnt that bun two days ago myself :p

C.H.
June 30th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Good for you! I just learned to do the lazy wrap bun today myself! It was on the top of my list of buns to try after looking at updos on TLHC.

KittyLost
June 30th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Aww that's great! Thanks for sharing :)

Alaia
June 30th, 2011, 04:09 AM
How amazing :D

Great that she had the courage to ask you how to do it. Most people wouldn't. :D

Alvrodul
June 30th, 2011, 04:17 AM
That's great - a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it! :D

vanity_acefake
June 30th, 2011, 04:21 AM
That's so cool. Did you point her towards LHC?
Well done you.
:)

Jules2910
June 30th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Woohoo, officially a guru!

prettykitty
June 30th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I wrote down LHC too, she had awesome brunette BSl + hair but it was visibly dry. Trying to explain SMT's to strangers is fun!

tinti
June 30th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Well done :D I love you guys sharing stories like these! Lazy wraps are soooo pretty, I am looking forward to doing them again, my hair is just too thick atm.