PDA

View Full Version : Annoying baby bangs!

monsterna
June 28th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Do any of you have baby bangs? Bangs that are significantly shorter than your actual bangs? My real bangs are a little below chin when I stretch them, but I have these little baby bangs (thanks to Monistat :mad:) that range from Bettie bang length to nose when stretched out. It's maddening. Just when they are getting to a length that I can pin back whilst I try to patiently wait for them to grow out, these baby bangs (not to mention wurly ones due to me being 1c/2a!) ruin the whole look I try to achieve! :( I don't know what to do about them at all. They are sparse new growth hairs and too short to stay behind my ears at all. What they do is pretty much curve into a 45 degree angle back above my ear, so it's this weird L-shaped, wurly looking bang that makes my face have a "bumpy" look to it, if that makes any sense.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is dealing with this and any advice you might have? I was so happy with my hair's progress and the bangs growing out and me finally being able to stop cutting them when they got annoying, only to discover that I have ANOTHER layer of bangs to grow out! :(

emmaya
June 28th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Funnyy, I thought you were talking about the new growth that comes after all the hair loss after birth! I've always called that stuff baby-bangs because it's so obvious around the hairline!

...but I hear ya! It doesn't lay flat, it often curls funny, and styling products just make it worse! Hang in there...a few more months and they'll be longer!

meanwhile, I guess you could enjoy wearing your hair down a little more?

Juliannaissance
June 28th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Oh man!!!! I have the SAME problem! And when I try to do a ponytail, my longer bangs stay back, but those wispy baby hairs fly all over the place..uggghhh! I look horrible! But if I have a boar bristle brush around, i brush the top part of my head, and it seems to tame them a little. :)

Arya
June 29th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I cut in bangs so I wouldn't have to deal with wispies and short temple hair. But if you're trying to grow out bangs...I tend to pop mine up in a little pouf and bobby pin them. Wearing a hairband/bandanna behind the pouf keeps side wispies around temples down. Hair spray also holds mine back nicely, if you're not worried about potential drying damage from using that sort of thing. In humid weather, I just go with it and do a soft, romantic style.

Dreamspell
June 29th, 2011, 12:10 AM
I have these too, it's so strange, like little wispy hairs that don't want to grow like the rest of my hair does.

Nessie_
June 29th, 2011, 02:10 AM
I have this too! I agree that the boar bristle brush helps smooth these baby bangs. Sometimes some hairlotion will work for me too, or else I use a spray-on conditioner to keep them in place.

Mesmerise
June 29th, 2011, 02:19 AM
I have them too! I look like I have bangs even though I actually haven't had any in years! Technically my hair should be all the same length. In reality I have short baby bangs, and short chunks over each of my ears... and other random short bits that blend more into my hair. It's mostly from a large shed I had last year... but it's amazing HOW MUCH short hair I actually have!!

monsterna
June 29th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Well I look awful with the poof thing, and they are so short in places it still doesn't look right. I have to work really hard on my hair to make it look decent up, or else I look like a conehead or something. And when it's down now it's still a little unruly thanks to both the longer bangs being at a halfway awkward length and the baby bangs being at an even worse short, wurly, awkward length.

I hope they grow out. I'm starting Monistat regularly again after significantly cutting it out of my routine the past month and a half or so. Monistat brought them out of the woodwork, so I hope it can help them grow faster, too. In the meantime it's super annoying and makes me feel super bad about my appearance. I don't want to use hairspray either, and headbands are making me look weird, too. So I don't think I can win. :o

*Prays to the FSM to bless my baby bangs to grow with his noodly appendage :pray:*

terpentyna
June 29th, 2011, 07:33 AM
I have them. I hated them most when they were like 2-4 cm...

October
June 29th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I have them too. I've always had them, but they use to just be about 1 - 2 inches, after using monistat they are about 3 inches. I am glad they are longer than they use to be, because they use to just stick straight up - now, atleast they are long enough to lay down.