PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else here in cosmetology?

rouquine25
June 28th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I just started today! I've always loved hair and makeup, and I'm so excited to get the training to make it part of my career! My hair is red and almost to the small of my back! I'm so afraid that I'll be tempted to cut/dye it! But I had a great first day of training. We started on different kinds of braids. Just wanted to see if there were fellow cosmo students out there! :D

October
June 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I was in cosmetology - but I dropped it. :o Not because I didn't enjoy it - I did, but my priority was to be close to my then-boyfriend now-husband.

Good luck! It's a lot of fun to learn.

Phiona
June 30th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I am starting in September and I feel the same way!! I do not want to start using chemicals on my hair or cut it. : )

ZeppHead
June 30th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I was but dropped out. They always wanted to try different cuts and use dye on me and I was like "NO! I want to keep my hair like this!" The thing about that class is you experiment on each other, I didn't like that! I don't like anyone else touching my hair, they do not know how to treat it because its so fine and breaks easily so I wasn't good when I was the one sitting in the chair letting someone who is learning bleach techniques take control of my hair! :(

LaceyNg
June 30th, 2011, 07:56 PM
oh my gosh, after learming so much about the right way to take care of my hair, i would totally not be ok with random STUDENTS messing with it!

i've always been interested in the makeup aspect of cosmetology, and i have a friend who was in school for it but dropped out. she said that the atmosphere was very drama-filled and highschool-like, so that put me off of the idea :/

ellen732
June 30th, 2011, 08:00 PM
she said that the atmosphere was very drama-filled and highschool-like, so that put me off of the idea :/

Sometimes working in a salon is the exact same way, I worked in one for 18 years. :p

MoonlightShadow
June 30th, 2011, 08:58 PM
no i'm not :( but my mom was :) and i think she was really good at it. but she always wanted to pick what hairstyle to give the customer O_O