PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone suggest a treatment?

JadeTigress
June 27th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I'm sitting around my house with absolutely nothing to do, and my fiance picked up another shift at work, so it's going to be that way for awhile. So I thought, "Well, I need to wash my hair later... I know! I'll mix up some sort of concoction to slop on my head!"

But I have no idea what to try. I just feel like experimenting. And I really have no idea what my hair needs, I'm still learning how to read it. But right now it's pretty greasy, and I'm noticing my ends are looking a little more split even though I just had a microtrim a couple weeks ago.

Does anyone have any ideas for a fun treatment to try? I thought about doing an SMT, but I kind of want to go a little more 'out there' with this treatment. Today is the day for craziness. :p I'd like to use stuff from the kitchen, or coconut oil (since I have that), but I'm not opposed to going out and buying something new as long as it's not expensive. And if something needs to stay on overnight, it's not a big deal, I can put off washing until the morning. But I am most likely going swimming tomorrow, though, so whatever I use needs to be something that won't have some sort of crazy reaction with chlorine. I don't know if there's any hair stuff that reacts with chlorine, but better safe than sorry. :cool:

Thanks in advance, you guys rock! :D

BlazingHeart
June 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Hmm, what about doing some home-made mayo for a moisture-and-protein treatment? That's supposed to make hair really slippy and soft.

HairFaerie
June 27th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I am a big fan of coconut milk, honey, olive oil, rooibos tea & aloe vera gel. You could always throw an avocado in there for good measure! I put the coconut milk can in the refrigerator so that it solidifies and makes it more like the texture of conditioner.

How fun! Let us know what you decided to try!