PDA

View Full Version : Movies With Long Hair

Mina_Harker
June 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone knows any movies with women that have long hair/awesome hair styles. I like Lord of the Rings but that's one of the few movies I can think of.
Mina

Melanie Marie
June 27th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Memoirs of a Geisha has both long hair and amazing hairstyles.

heatherbelle
June 27th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Dangerous Beauty and Ever After are my favorite long hair flicks :)

Mina_Harker
June 27th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I haven't seen that yet, but I heard it is fabulous. I was going to watch it but I thought I should read the book first. Do you know if the movie or the book is better?
Mina

Mina_Harker
June 27th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I love ever after but I didn't notice the hair. I will have to watch it again. I know starwars (the newer ones) have a lot of cool hairstyles but some of them are just impossible for me to do:( I've never heard of dangerous beauty.
Mina

ladyfey
June 27th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Ever After and First Knight

AshleyTheRed
June 27th, 2011, 01:10 PM
The Princess Bride.

Pallas
June 27th, 2011, 01:15 PM
The Other Boleyn Girl. Not so much in the second half of the movie, though.

Joliebaby
June 27th, 2011, 03:13 PM
The Tomb Raiders of course!
And Prince of Persia (haven't seen it yet but want to).
Troy.

turtlelover
June 27th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Letters To Juliet :-)

AnnaJamila
June 27th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Arabian Nights! One lady (pretty sure it's a wig but still) has hair to her ankles. The rest have classic to hip. It stars the lovely Mili Avital and some guy with a goatee. An overall spell binder! :p

I love that movie!

Jezerellica
June 27th, 2011, 04:13 PM
There is another thread with tons of movies! I shall try to find it! I love watching movies with long hair in them even if it is just a short appearance! Besides Princess Bride, Sinbad and another James Bond with Jane Seymour, lots of films set in the Victorian era or earlier feature long hair and styles for long hair. Also late 70's films and series have surprised me. Oh! Californication is current, but has a long hair and a few nice styles too.

haibane
June 27th, 2011, 04:30 PM
The Bride with White Hair. It's Hong Kong action movie with some really cool hair action scenes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106342/

TheMechaGinger
June 27th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Practical Magic is a good one

Helix
June 28th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Technically this isn't a movie and more of a tv series but the episodes are so long (1hr + each) it might as well be. The scenes are movie quality too...

If you're ever on Hulu, check out "The Great Queen Seondeok." Even though I can't stand Misil (the antagonist), her updos are sooo cool. The nobility tend to have fancier hairdoes than common folk but there's lots of long hair to be seen, (some real, some not but it's all good). It starts off a little slow but once you get through the first few episodes it starts to suck you in...

Yeah...I like K-dramas. My Korean classmate got me hooked.

Lippytoes
June 28th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Ever After and First Knight

Oh gossssh, I used to be SO envious of Guinevere's hair in First Knight. *sigh* I tried braiding my hair like hers, and obviously it would never look as thick and luscious.

Toiréasa
June 28th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Braveheart♥ is another one.

heatherbelle
June 28th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I haven't seen that yet, but I heard it is fabulous. I was going to watch it but I thought I should read the book first. Do you know if the movie or the book is better?
Mina

I have not read the book. But the movie is awesome! :D Catherine McCormack is just stunning in this flick!

Mina_Harker
June 28th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Thank you for all the great movie ideas! I love the Princess Bride, Ever After, and Braveheart, but I am also very curious about the other movies (and shows) that have been mentioned. Helix, I am defidently going to check out that show on hulu!
Mina

MissAlida
June 28th, 2011, 07:12 AM
The movies in which I've seen beautiful hair are: Bandidas, The sisterhood of the traveling pants, Red riding hood.

bluesnowflake
June 28th, 2011, 11:06 AM
The 1968 Romeo And Juliet has some amazing hair. The girl, Olivia Hussey, was my original long hair inspiration.

Marja
June 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM
The Blue Lagoon:D I admired Brooke Shields' hair in it when I was a little girl!

jel
June 28th, 2011, 12:18 PM
If you're including made for TV films and series, I recommend the Mists of Avalon (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244353/)! :D

There were also some intricate hairstyles in the recent TV show A Game of Thrones...

Animae
June 28th, 2011, 01:49 PM
10 things I hate about you.

Practical Magic is one of my long hair inspirations.

Curly Hermione
June 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Does Tangled count! I took my little sister to see it a few months ago and it was really cute!

I's funny how so much of this reads like a list of my favourite films.
More suggestions:

Jane Austen adaptations usually have quite long hair, when you get to see them with it down, and show nice updo's. I love Kate Winslets hair in Sense and Sensibility, even though its not especially long, it's gorgeous. Jennifer Ehle (Lizzy) and Jane (don't know the actresses name) in the BBC Pride and Prejudice have awesome hair.

Luna Lovegood (Evanna Lynch) in Harry Potter has great hair.

It's a TV series, not a film, but I watch the BBC's Merlin, purely to see Gwen and Morgana's hair, and the style's they use (I love them that much!). Katie McGrath, who plays Morgana, wears extensions for the role, because they curl her naturally straight hair, so it loses some length, but in the cast video diaries on YouTube, you see it's real length and texture. Oh My God. I just adore it, waavy and straight. I also love how both the main women in the show are curly girls! There's wavy Morgana and type 3c/4a Gwen. I know you guys might have no clue what i'm talking about, because not many on here are from the UK! Sorry!

Marion in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (and, come to think of it, in the BBC series from a few years ago)

Cybil in Downton Abbey, she's my favourite sister of the three!

Lots of the people i've mentioned might not have long hair by LHC standards (except Rapunzel!) Sorry about that.

Curly Hermione
June 28th, 2011, 02:53 PM
More!

Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't usually like Keira Knightley but love her hair in this. (Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom also have cool hair in this movie!)

Little Women. I really feel for Jo when she cuts off all her hair
There was a nit scare in our house about 6 months ago (curse having a primary school-aged brother!), my mum put all the pesticide stuff in my hair, combed it with the special really fine nit comb and then broke my 4 months without shampooing. I just cried the whole time, convinced this was ruining all my hard work, I had just started to like my hair for the first time in my life. I kept saying "it's like Jo!", but looking back, it really wasn't, I was just being melodramatic and self-involved! My mum had no idea what i was talking about, she probably just thought I was delusional from grief or something.:)

Anyway, all the sisters have great hair in this film.

Sorry about the sob story! Feel free to bring out the worls smallest violins!

vanity_acefake
June 29th, 2011, 02:33 AM
I echo Practicle Magic. Great film, great hair. Even the aunts but especially Marias hair at the beginning.
Also Karma Sutra. (the film!). Gorgeous hair, gorgeous costumes.

woodlandnymph
June 29th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Enchanted April

The Laughter of Seagulls

Camelot [the series on Starz]

The Borgias [the series on Showtime]

LovingLongHair
June 29th, 2011, 10:04 PM
If were including made for TV movies I would say Christy! I love that movie series! I also really like Aunt Meg's hair in the movie Twister. Anywho, these are my picks! :)

Ravenwind
June 29th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Ever After :)

VikingVampChick
June 30th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Love their hair in Practical Magic! Sandra's is pretty much my natural color, but I love reds too :)

VikingVampChick
June 30th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I forgot about RH:POT. I wish she had left her hair like that. Didn't like the short hair she had on Without A Trace. Carrie is also a good one, actually, along with Scarface.

VikingVampChick
June 30th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I really need to read all the posts before replying. Speaking of Aunt Meg, her hair in True Blood as Adele was beautiful.

Ribbon
June 30th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Pride and Prejudice (bedroom scene with the sisters Jane and Lizzie from BBC miniseries)

lady_hero
July 1st, 2011, 08:27 AM
I just watched "The Tourist" and thought Angelina Jolie's hair was gorgeous! So pretty and thick!

wendyg
July 1st, 2011, 08:43 AM
Not a movie, but I always loved the way they managed Frances Conroy's hair in Six Feet Under - very natural and very much the way someone with waist/tailbone hair manages it in real life. She wore it up a lot, mostly in a cinnamon bun, but not always, sometimes she'd braid it, and for her wedding she wore it down. I thought it gave a great deal of realism to her character. (Plus, her hair is really beautiful and looks largely un-messed with.)

wg

ladyfey
July 1st, 2011, 08:49 AM
Oh gossssh, I used to be SO envious of Guinevere's hair in First Knight. *sigh* I tried braiding my hair like hers, and obviously it would never look as thick and luscious.
She's part of why I haven't cut my hair! Whenever I'd feel a little "choppy" I'd watch First Knight and swoon over her hair!

Tehillim408
July 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM
Any Bollywood movie.

Try Jodhaa Akbar, Bride and Prejudice, Veer-Zaara, Fanaa, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Saawariya, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, and Vivah. All are films I've seen and enjoyed. Most are available on Netflix.

And all of the women in the films have long beautiful hair!

VikingVampChick
July 1st, 2011, 09:22 PM
Wendyg - love your hair in your profile pic! That is where I want to be eventually :)

Kdc0180
July 1st, 2011, 11:10 PM
Lord of the Rings was my first inspiration for long hair, also Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare in Love, Pirates of the Carribean ( have you SEEN the mermaids' hair?), Ever After, Pocahontas...duh haha

Lippytoes
July 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
She's part of why I haven't cut my hair! Whenever I'd feel a little "choppy" I'd watch First Knight and swoon over her hair!

Ha, brilliant! I think I should watch First Knight again just for the hair... :D

QueenJoey
July 3rd, 2011, 09:26 AM
The 1968 Romeo And Juliet has some amazing hair. The girl, Olivia Hussey, was my original long hair inspiration.

Oh my gosh! I had to watch that movie in freshman year for english, and the whole time I was in total awe of her hair. So beautiful.

My recommendation was gonna be Tangled, but I think that's a give in. haha

Áine
July 3rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
The Mists of Avalon!

battles
July 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I always mention this, but.. Labyrinth. :D

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, please remove if not. :)

Just the ballroom dancing scene from the movie. Pretty hair and costumes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VppuD1St8Ec

Fluffy Squirrel
August 4th, 2011, 06:05 AM
There´s a non comic version of "Asterix & Obelix".
I like Falbala´s hair:
http://cosasdenacho.siguealconejoblanco.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/falbala_2.jpg
(with dappled sunlight) http://ca.img.v4.skyrock.net/ca3/thibaultlebert67/pics/1574339298.jpg

But I also like the comic-Falbala :)
http://static.rp-online.de/layout/showbilder/28476-Falbala.jpg

dulce
August 4th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I loved Meg Ryan's long hair in "Sleepless in Seattle".It was very different than her her usual perky short shag and 1 thought the long hair really looked great on her.

kmoc123
August 4th, 2011, 11:15 AM
First Knight....and that KISS!!! Richard Gere and Julia Ormond...OMG!!! Makes me swoon!! ...ok, breathe..... also, the series Merlin with Helena Bonham Carter, Sam Neil, and Mirands Richardson...love it!!

Khiwanean
August 4th, 2011, 11:24 AM
The Merchant of Venice (the version with Al Pacino in it). Beautiful updos, though I'm certain they used extensions for at least some of them.

GoldberryHair
August 5th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Shakespeare in Love (Gwenyth's hair is so beautiful)

Surprisingly The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Mina's hair, so long and lucurious looking!)

Jeno86
August 5th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Hero, Forbidden Kingdom, House of the Flying Daggers, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, The Brothers Grimm, Bram Stokers Dracula, King Arthur.....all I can think of that haven't been mentioned before...

patienceneeded
August 5th, 2011, 01:00 PM
ELizabeth with Cate Blanchett. Pretty much any historical-based movie. Did you see the Merlin series on TV? Pretty hair in that one.

Crystal2010
August 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Another shout out for Practical Magic - and they have braids for bedtime by the looks of things!:D

GuardGirl
August 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM
"Tristan and Isolde" is one of my personal faves! :)

joyxo
August 5th, 2011, 06:38 PM
The Princess Bride
Romeo and Juliet 1968 :)
Tristan & Isolde
The Tudors- not a movie but still
Game of thrones- again, a tv show

knotbox
August 26th, 2011, 09:34 PM
It's a TV series, not a film, but I watch the BBC's Merlin, purely to see Gwen and Morgana's hair, and the style's they use (I love them that much!). Katie McGrath, who plays Morgana, wears extensions for the role, because they curl her naturally straight hair, so it loses some length, but in the cast video diaries on YouTube, you see it's real length and texture. Oh My God. I just adore it, waavy and straight. I also love how both the main women in the show are curly girls! There's wavy Morgana and type 3c/4a Gwen. I know you guys might have no clue what i'm talking about, because not many on here are from the UK! Sorry!

Omigosh, I agore Katie McGrath's hair. (And the character.) But seriously, the entire thing has inspired me to avoid all temptations to trim more than I absolutely need to--Would you say it's tail-bone or waist length on the show?

Also, Angel's has been pretty short the first three series, but in spoiler pics I've seen for s4 It looks like they've found extensions that match her hair, because it looks to be waist length, while still curly!!

I'm terribly excited.

alexiofiel
August 26th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Hero :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9keMBIyPnA

wooliswonderful
August 26th, 2011, 10:32 PM
ELizabeth with Cate Blanchett. Pretty much any historical-based movie. Did you see the Merlin series on TV? Pretty hair in that one.
We just borrowed Merlin a few weeks ago from the library. It's one of the things that prompted me to Google hair stuff and arrive here. :)

Lissandria
August 27th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Anjelica Houston in the Addams Family Values as Morticia. Also the girls from the Brady Bunch (tv show, I know) had gorgeous long hair.

Fluffy Squirrel
September 25th, 2011, 08:30 AM
How about the Duras sister (Star Trek Generations et al)? :lol:
http://images.wikia.com/startrek/images/e/eb/DurasSisters.jpg
http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/06/2/9/1/3493022606924828.jpg

CastaDiva
September 25th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I love Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio`s gorgeous long curly hair in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves":)

hs_atreides
September 25th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Braveheart comes to mind.

VikingVampChick
September 25th, 2011, 01:05 PM
How about the Duras sister (Star Trek Generations et al)? :lol:
http://images.wikia.com/startrek/images/e/eb/DurasSisters.jpg
http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/06/2/9/1/3493022606924828.jpg

I remember that episode - love Klingon hair!

MaryRose
September 25th, 2011, 03:16 PM
First Knight with Sean Connery. The queen has Tailbone lenght hair.

TheBluffs
September 25th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Arn: The Knights Templar :D

Her Buns:
http://www.filmgate.se/wp-content/uploads/Arn_470x1991.jpg
http://www.kickseat.com/storage/Arn.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1302521462871
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UeC6s5mT7cI/TYpSPGA61aI/AAAAAAAAAiQ/rf2kZtO3UeQ/s1600/Arn%2BThe%2BKnight%2BTemplar.jpg

Her hair loose:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C01oEzHwpFk/TYbIhIC3HnI/AAAAAAAABaU/ufE2DwtVWDA/s1600/arn%2Bthe%2Bknight%2Btemplar%2B2007.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wkMSc5DjQ18/SWVG74xTbCI/AAAAAAAAHqM/K4l_2MQMH80/s320/arn2_1.jpg

Fancy Hairdo:
http://dc192.4shared.com/img/pHjBBlbW/s7/Arn-Cecilia-arn-the-knight-tem.jpg

sipnsun
September 25th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Nicole Kidman's hair was gorgeous in Cold Mountain, also a terrific movie!

misspurdy06
September 25th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Mists of Avalon!

misspurdy06
September 25th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Alexis Bledel in Tuck Everlasting.

Evalea
September 25th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Hero, Forbidden Kingdom, House of the Flying Daggers, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, The Brothers Grimm, Bram Stokers Dracula, King Arthur.....all I can think of that haven't been mentioned before...

I just saw King Arthur for the first time the other day! The Saxon men had some hair! We were watching it and I turned to my sister and commented that they needed an oil treatment! Lol! :D

Another movie with long hair - Little Women, one of my personal favorites!

Ava666
September 26th, 2011, 02:02 AM
there's one movie, I only remember one scene, cause I was young, girl walk up to a house type thing, she's naked with her hair covering her breasts... that's all i can remember, but I was excited (years later) when my hair was long enough to do this :)

Narnia (at the end of the movie, when they're grown up.)
10th Kingdom
Swan Princess
various japanese anime and manga (one of my favorite manga is Mars and her hair is really long (and the girl that plays the main character in the drama has beautiful hair))

these are just some of the ones on my shelf, that I don't think anyone else mentioned.

oh ya, lets not forget disney... I've always liked belle's and auroras hair the most :) but most of them...

Aeris
September 26th, 2011, 12:46 PM
there's one movie, I only remember one scene, cause I was young, girl walk up to a house type thing, she's naked with her hair covering her breasts... that's all i can remember, but I was excited (years later) when my hair was long enough to do this :)

Reminds me of Splash when the girl is walking up the beach - she had some awesome wavy cover-the-boob length hair! I can't find a good picture of the scene, but that was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. I remember wanting mermaid hair so badly.

I always wanted Elena's hair from The Mask of Zorro. It's the same color and texture as mine so it seemed like a good goal - I am getting close! (Now to convince my boyfriend to be Zorro for Halloween next year! :p)

Ava666
September 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM
It wasn't splash, although I think I do remember that seen. If I remember right it was a horror movie. I don't know it was like a hut in the middle of a lagoon, maybe.

Becky Safari
September 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM
It wasn't splash, although I think I do remember that seen. If I remember right it was a horror movie. I don't know it was like a hut in the middle of a lagoon, maybe.
You're thinking of one of the Blue Lagoon movies. Either it was Brooke Shields or Milla Jovovich

MrsGuther
September 26th, 2011, 03:16 PM
All the movies I've seen lately where the actresses have long hair, it looks like obvious bad hair extensions. Yuck!! :(

eresh
February 16th, 2020, 07:52 AM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, But I didn't know if I could make a new one just for this:

Just read that Disney is in the process of making a Live-Action movie about Rapunzel!

The DisneyInsider has learned Disney is developing a live-action Rapunzel movie that may or may not be based on Tangled,
with Ashleigh Powell (The Nutcracker and the Four Realms) writing the script.
Screen Rant has reached out separately to Disney, which has confirmed the news about Powell working on a live-action Rapunzel film is accurate.

https://screenrant.com/disney-rapunzel-tangled-live-action-movie/

https://i.imgur.com/XL2RfnKl.jpg

BookishRay
February 16th, 2020, 08:22 AM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, But I didn't know if I could make a new one just for this:

Just read that Disney is in the process of making a Live-Action movie about Rapunzel!

The DisneyInsider has learned Disney is developing a live-action Rapunzel movie that may or may not be based on Tangled,
with Ashleigh Powell (The Nutcracker and the Four Realms) writing the script.
Screen Rant has reached out separately to Disney, which has confirmed the news about Powell working on a live-action Rapunzel film is accurate.

https://screenrant.com/disney-rapunzel-tangled-live-action-movie/

https://i.imgur.com/XL2RfnKl.jpg

It will be interesting how they deal with super long hair in real life! I wonder if they will do cgi tricks with it...

The-Young-Maid
February 16th, 2020, 08:54 AM
Midsommar(2019) has some really nice hair/braids. The costumes are lovely too, makes me want to start sewing again.

Dark40
February 16th, 2020, 10:22 AM

Oh yeah, I love that movie!! It does have both long hair and amazing hairstyles.

Arciela
February 16th, 2020, 10:23 AM
Ever After has long hair :D Also Hansel and Gretel does!

Dark40
February 16th, 2020, 10:26 AM
There are 2 movies I remember having long hair is "Live And Let Die," and "Somewhere In Time." In Live And Let Die they had Jane Seymour's hair fixed beautifully! Also, in Somewhere In Time! I love the old-fashion hairstyle they had on Jane in Somewhere In Time...had her fixed up as Elise McKenna with her hair up in that old-fashioned bun, and during the, "Picnic Scene," that's when you would see it hanging down showing off it's length. I love it!

Kat
February 16th, 2020, 02:33 PM
There's another thread similar to this one, too:

Hair Styles In The Movies (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151412)

0xalis
February 16th, 2020, 04:50 PM
TV show, but I always swoon over Deanna Troi's hair in Star Trek: The Next Generation. And she's just absolutely gorgeous in general.

Hexen
February 16th, 2020, 05:03 PM
My first thought was a movie called "Darlin", which was the sequel to a movie called "The Woman".
Both of which are quite disturbing. The former being very much more so than the latter.
https://i.ibb.co/m5R8bsT/171028-M3j-Lc-Fl6.jpg

C_Bookworm
February 16th, 2020, 05:07 PM
TV show, but I always swoon over Deanna Troi's hair in Star Trek: The Next Generation. And she's just absolutely gorgeous in general.
I looooved her hair! So lush and gorgeous. She was very crush-worthy in general :crush:

Ligeia Noire
February 16th, 2020, 05:27 PM
The plot is weak but the visuals, the gowns and the wigs/hair extensions are sumptuous.

https://youtu.be/3zhWEWKbmSQ

GoddesJourney
February 16th, 2020, 07:35 PM
Disney cartoon Brave. I watch a lot of Disney with my toddler and the little red haired girl looks so much like a student I once had. The long, red, wild textured hair just takes me back. Also, her mother (the queen) has like ankle length brunette hair. Stunning when she let's it down at the end of the movie. I've always wanted princess Jasmine hair though. Her hair makes me want to try classic.

Hexen
February 16th, 2020, 08:07 PM
Troi was the one character on ST TNG that I actually disliked. It had nothing to do with her hair though. And even though it was obviously the writers discretion.....I just didnt like the character.

"You're feeling angry"

Oh really??? It took you to be an empath just to notice that?????

Nah....its the female Klingons. :toast:

https://i.ibb.co/ZmsvsBG/bfe5da595824cf03fa65c787e42bc2c2.jpg

Dark40
February 16th, 2020, 08:49 PM
Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention Kathleen Beller in, "Are You In The House Alone?" and she also starred on "Dynasty." Boy, I loved her hip/tailbone length dark brown hair! She dyes it black now, and have been for many years.

0xalis
February 16th, 2020, 09:35 PM
Troi was the one character on ST TNG that I actually disliked. It had nothing to do with her hair though. And even though it was obviously the writers discretion.....I just didnt like the character.

"You're feeling angry"

Oh really??? It took you to be an empath just to notice that?????

Nah....its the female Klingons. :toast:

https://i.ibb.co/ZmsvsBG/bfe5da595824cf03fa65c787e42bc2c2.jpg

Oh...... she's gorgeous :inlove:

emilyogini
March 31st, 2021, 08:00 AM
The Other Boleyn Girl. Not so much in the second half of the movie, though.

This made me lol

emilyogini
March 31st, 2021, 08:07 AM
The Last of the Mohicans was my favorite childhood movie, and I wanted Cora Munro's hair so badly!

The Mists of Avalon, Sleepy Hollow, Practical Magic, and the Game of Thrones series all make me sa-woon.

I'm really a historical fiction lover, and it seems like long hair is typically a given in this genre...

Bat
March 31st, 2021, 09:00 AM
Thranduil

That is all :D

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/754621585465540641/826833806358085662/Screenshot_2021-04-01-01-01-59-69.jpg

Nineteenbirds
March 31st, 2021, 09:11 AM
Thranduil

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/754621585465540641/826833806358085662/Screenshot_2021-04-01-01-01-59-69.jpg

Lee Pace is beautiful no matter what he does, even when he's playing evil bad guys.

We're currently watching Victoria on Amazon. I like it for a lot of reasons, but the hair and the jewelry are at the top of the list.

C_Bookworm
March 31st, 2021, 09:42 AM
Lee Pace is beautiful no matter what he does, even when he's playing evil bad guys.

100% this! I thought young Orlando Bloom was the ultimate beautiful elf, but Lee Pace takes the cake. Haldir was quite pretty, as well.

leafygreens18
March 31st, 2021, 10:06 AM
So glad this thread was bumped back up, I went through a period of feeling very "meh" on my hair growth and apathy about checking the lhc, but now my hair is feeling truly long and I'm feeling very romantic about it again. I LOVED the hair in Little Women, I saw it four times in theatres when it came out. I'm going to have to watch a bunch of these!

ArtOfNoot
March 31st, 2021, 02:21 PM
When I'm in the mood for disney, Tangled. Her hair is nonsensically long and I. LOVE. IT.

UncommonTart
March 31st, 2021, 03:40 PM
So glad this thread was bumped back up, I went through a period of feeling very "meh" on my hair growth and apathy about checking the lhc, but now my hair is feeling truly long and I'm feeling very romantic about it again. I LOVED the hair in Little Women, I saw it four times in theatres when it came out. I'm going to have to watch a bunch of these!

When I'm doing my 100 strokes with my BBB at night I feel like Rapunzel. "...and then I'll brush and brush and brush and brush my hair..."

Kat
March 31st, 2021, 06:00 PM
Thranduil

Those eyebrows tho. lol.

Bat
March 31st, 2021, 08:47 PM
Those eyebrows tho. lol.
I must agree not sure why they didn't somehow edit them in post production

Starbunny
July 18th, 2021, 12:02 PM
Currently watching Tristan + Isolde because it's such an amazing hair movie. I love Sophia Myles' hair. It's the same color and texture as mine. I have a pixie right now, so it's giving me made long hair envy.

Glitch
July 18th, 2021, 01:20 PM
The Yin-Yang Master: Dream of Eternity! :D Basically everyone is a long haired beauty in it, men and women! Inspired me :o

Bat
July 18th, 2021, 03:33 PM
Interview with the vampire even though it's totally wrong for that character Armand had the best hair

GordonMurphella
July 22nd, 2021, 04:29 AM
Fun thread!

Obscure: I Capture the Castle for the Topaz character's incredible and very real appearing very long hair. (Also a great movie version of one of my favorite books)
Not Obscure: Practical Magic. I know, extensions, but Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman? Come on. Perfect.

Iyashikei
July 22nd, 2021, 05:56 AM
It's been a long time since I've seen it but I thought House of Flying Daggers had some nice looking hair.

Kat
July 22nd, 2021, 07:00 AM
The Yin-Yang Master! :D Basically everyone is a long haired beauty in it, men and women! Inspired me :o

Oh, man. I just watched the trailer and I so want to watch this... I love these types of movies.

Starbunny
July 22nd, 2021, 04:54 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I Am Dragon has a heroine who starts the film with ankle length hair. So lovely!

MeowsterofForce
July 22nd, 2021, 05:43 PM
Fiona in the TV series Burn Notice has pretty long hair
Val Kilmer in Willow
I think in most Zoe Saldana movies especially Star Trek she has long hair
The women in the Thor movies

Also, if anyone wants to do Star Wars hair, these are some nice tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHZvUpJ8tQdvuvWaVWCsgjd43scvn6cs0

Iyashikei
August 12th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Watching Red Cliff now and, as expected from a Chinese period piece, lots of long hair! My only complaint is that it's usually hidden under a helmet.

blessed_momma21
August 13th, 2021, 07:36 AM
Tomb Raider always comes to mind first for me.

Glitch
August 13th, 2021, 01:45 PM
Oh, man. I just watched the trailer and I so want to watch this... I love these types of movies.

Late reply, but it's an absolutely stunning and brilliant movie! The hair is so mesmerizing on top of that ;) I highly recommend it. I've also never seen a plot this unique - always kept me guessing.

Kat
August 13th, 2021, 04:06 PM
Late reply, but it's an absolutely stunning and brilliant movie! The hair is so mesmerizing on top of that ;) I highly recommend it. I've also never seen a plot this unique - always kept me guessing.

Ooh. What platform is it on? Netflix?

Glitch
August 13th, 2021, 08:08 PM
Ooh. What platform is it on? Netflix?

Yes! I watched it in English dub on Netflix :D They made a second spin off movie this year with the with the same main title, which is confusing, but this one is the original Yin Yang Master: Dream of Eternity. Both of them are on Netflix, but I've only seen the first one so far.

DweamGoiL
August 13th, 2021, 08:24 PM
The Huntsman

zhivago
August 29th, 2021, 06:55 AM
Surely it has to be tangled? Maybe it doesn't count since it is a cartoon.

C_Bookworm
September 3rd, 2021, 12:07 AM
Splash! I just rewatched it, and I’d forgotten how much I loved Madison’s hair. So free flowing.

RebekahE
September 3rd, 2021, 06:30 AM
First Knight with Sean Connery and Julia Ormond. Guinevere's hair is fantastic. It's fake, but fantastic.
The BBC series The Adventures of Merlin. Later in the series Guinevere (can you tell I like Guinevere? Still trying to convince my husband it'd be a perfect name if we have a girl) has some pretty beautiful long, curly hair. Morgana' s hair is also quite long and pretty.

First Knight: https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=RPVe+28X&id=47172D0621196069F7F67B0822D13F35492CB99D&thid=OIP.RPVe-28XAaQVwGTsVqIxbAAAAA&mediaurl=https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.44f55efb6f1701a415c064ec56a2316c?rik=nbksSTU%2f0 SIIew&riu=http%3a%2f%2f2.bp.blogspot.com%2f-1NqopglsQAQ%2fThsht-pWZoI%2fAAAAAAAAAyY%2fyPLA1JYPJdE%2fs1600%2fvlcsna p-991502.jpg&ehk=AhZrpAS971m4ZUKtTLQnA7M80d3SRHBvfPPDgpadTSQ%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0&exph=471&expw=368&q=First+knight+Guinevere+hair&simid=608047994919208299&form=IRPRST&ck=E6869F621FCD8DD63D2F66A0D3FB0FF7&selectedindex=49&ajaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0&vt=1&sim=11&adlt=demote&shtp=GetUrl&shid=2d8448dd-9b98-469b-8366-b08810a9b9d1&shtk=TWVkaWV2YWwgTXVzZTogU2lzdGVyaG9vZCBvZiB0aGUgV HJhdmVsaW5nIERyZXNz&shdk=Rm91bmQgb24gQmluZyBmcm9tIG1lZGlldmFsbXVzZS1hc nRlZmZleC5ibG9nc3BvdC5jb20%3D&shhk=GGgFZTgXZPWy5ygtlCesPnxMhISh27lYcyXulZ9NBHM%3 D&shth=OIP.RPVe-28XAaQVwGTsVqIxbAAAAA

Gwen: https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=nRx+3NfL&id=209BD28E0881A03E6B69EB6C40C4868870FBDE53&thid=OIP.nRx-3NfLPGQ0D5ysg7oQdAHaIV&mediaurl=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/bb/7d/b7/bb7db759ce9c5ad7bb11f9acb21b77fe.jpg&cdnurl=https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.9d1c7edcd7cb3c64340f9cac83ba1074?rik=U977cIiGxEB s6w&pid=ImgRaw&r=0&exph=1440&expw=1280&q=the+adventures+of+merlin+Guinevere+hair&simid=608011479119177469&form=IRPRST&ck=807391178136361BCECFB003508453E7&selectedindex=40&ajaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0&vt=1&sim=11&adlt=demote&shtp=GetUrl&shid=a03157b2-f494-47a6-89a4-5d1593e6d8ee&shtk=UXVlZW4gR3VpbmV2ZXJlJ3MgYmx1ZSBkcmVzcyEgfCBNZ XJsaW4gfCBQaW50ZXJlc3QgfCBRdWVlbiAuLi4%3D&shdk=Rm91bmQgb24gQmluZyBmcm9tIHd3dy5waW50ZXJlc3QuY 29t&shhk=I8Iq3hYKvBM5gtxlzH7DtrHJ%2BlnXmmnxy0518%2BZws o0%3D&shth=OIP.nRx-3NfLPGQ0D5ysg7oQdAHaIV

Morgana: https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=GmUMVIIt&id=18EB0D6FD63C6D152F25ABDCA664454470971FE0&thid=OIP.GmUMVIItKIAfor79lZ0f2gHaLG&mediaurl=https://i.pinimg.com/originals/18/c1/61/18c161bdd5935299af83050d997adcb8.jpg&cdnurl=https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.1a650c54822d28801fa2befd959d1fda?rik=4B%2bXcERFZ Kbcqw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0&exph=1000&expw=667&q=the+adventures+of+merlin+Morgana+hair&simid=607988625604882609&form=IRPRST&ck=F1260429FE71F8F86A64C7E437E46E3C&selectedindex=139&ajaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0&vt=1&sim=11&adlt=demote&shtp=GetUrl&shid=07b58c4e-e64c-4878-9dd1-8e3448a874fb&shtk=R29vZG5lc3MsIHNoZSBoYXMgbG9uZyBoYWlyLiAjTW9yZ 2FuYSB8IEthdGllIG1jZ3JhdGggLi4u&shdk=Rm91bmQgb24gQmluZyBmcm9tIHd3dy5waW50ZXJlc3QuY 29t&shhk=BEYR1R6kC8e%2Bkq6%2F%2FYyzBpcUb1SaiMzGF8AAarp hut0%3D&shth=OIP.GmUMVIItKIAfor79lZ0f2gHaLG

Kat
September 3rd, 2021, 07:03 AM
Speaking of which, that miniseries they did (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244353/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0) of The Mists of Avalon with Julianna Margulies and Anjelica Huston had good hair...

C_Bookworm
September 16th, 2021, 11:08 PM
Currently enjoying some music videos with long hair:
Thinking out loud - Ed Sheeran
Anchor - Novo Amor
Down - Andrew Belle
Hands to myself - Selena Gomez
Runnin’ - Naughty Boy ft. Beyoncé (not that long of hair, but fun watching it underwater)

C_Bookworm
September 24th, 2021, 08:03 PM
Omera(Julia Jones) from episode 4 of the Mandalorian.

Belgrade Beauty
October 1st, 2021, 01:47 PM
Blue laguna. Brooke Shields hair there is a dream.

Kat
October 1st, 2021, 09:45 PM
I liked Julia Stiles' crinkly/wavy hair in 10 Things I Hate About You.

C_Bookworm
October 20th, 2021, 03:40 PM
Freya on the current season of Great British Baking Show has lovely long hair. It’s a bit hard to tell length because I’ve only seen it in a ponytail so far, but it seems like it’s classic+. Her texture is lovely, as well.

valesprite
October 20th, 2021, 07:54 PM
I was thinking this too while watching! Her hair is lovely. It looks dyed red on the bottom half, and I was wondering if she had used henna before...

C_Bookworm
October 21st, 2021, 08:45 AM
Ohhhh how fun! I’ll have to watch for it.

0xalis
October 21st, 2021, 06:43 PM
Freya on the current season of Great British Baking Show has lovely long hair. It’s a bit hard to tell length because I’ve only seen it in a ponytail so far, but it seems like it’s classic+. Her texture is lovely, as well.

From a pic I saw, seems TBL, but she also looks like she has a long torso! Beautiful hair, I'm quite envious :inlove:

Dark40
October 30th, 2021, 10:20 AM

Yes, you are definitely right about that.

Dark40
October 30th, 2021, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure if I'm in the right thread but there's this actress named, "Linda Cristal," that starred in this late 1960's TV series called, "The Chaparral." She had the most beautiful cold black Tailbone Length hair.

baanoo
October 30th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Seasonally inspired…

https://youtu.be/1Ihb6FLSh64
One of my favorites, Practical Magic! :magic:

Lady Stardust
October 30th, 2021, 05:32 PM
Seasonally inspired…

https://youtu.be/1Ihb6FLSh64
One of my favorites, Practical Magic! :magic:

Ah yes, they have lovely hair and the length feels attainable, to me.

Ironically though, Stockard Channing is in that film and her hair was so gorgeous when it was short in Grease :) I’m a sucker for the Italian Cut (https://glamourdaze.com/2015/03/the-italian-cut-hairstyle-craze-of-1953.html) but my hair doesn’t have the requisite curls from the root :)

baanoo
October 30th, 2021, 06:22 PM
Ah yes, they have lovely hair and the length feels attainable, to me.

Ironically though, Stockard Channing is in that film and her hair was so gorgeous when it was short in Grease :) I’m a sucker for the Italian Cut (https://glamourdaze.com/2015/03/the-italian-cut-hairstyle-craze-of-1953.html) but my hair doesn’t have the requisite curls from the root :)

Stockard Channing’s hair looks incredible in every single style - I love the Italian cut, too, and she rocked it gloriously.

Fitzpatrick
November 5th, 2021, 05:10 PM
Braveheart, Jodha Akbar ( bollywood), Queen of the Damned, Dances with Wolves. The list goes on!

Finda
November 10th, 2021, 02:27 PM
Just watched La belle et la bête, a 2014 french remake of the Beauty and the Beast. Myriam Charleins, who plays a woman with psychic abilities had classic, maybe even ftl-length hair. And Belle had a lot of updos with ribbons.

RebekahE
November 11th, 2021, 05:32 AM
Been watching the PBS Masterpiece series Poldark. Demelza has beautiful waist length red hair, I'm 100% sure it's extensions but it is still lovely. Elizabeth has beautiful brown, softly waved hip to tailbone length hair, also extensions but very pretty.

I've also been watching a Russian TV series, "Love in Chains" and many of the women have lovely long hair that I believe is natural. Galia and Kitty both have very pretty hair.

ipickee
November 11th, 2021, 08:50 AM
The Wheel of Time series is coming out next Friday on Amazon. The biggest thing I'm looking forward too is checking out the long hair variety. Especially because the book series references the long hair, etc frequently.

Finda
November 19th, 2021, 01:21 PM
The Wheel of Time series is coming out next Friday on Amazon. The biggest thing I'm looking forward too is checking out the long hair variety. Especially because the book series references the long hair, etc frequently.

Just looked for this thread because I've watched the first episode in which hair had a spiritual meaninig and braiding was a coming of age ritual. Very long and intricate braids. I was reminded of TatsuOni's creations.

Need to reread the books. That was ages ago.

NaïaTheWitch
November 23rd, 2021, 07:30 AM
Just watched La belle et la bête, a 2014 french remake of the Beauty and the Beast. Myriam Charleins, who plays a woman with psychic abilities had classic, maybe even ftl-length hair. And Belle had a lot of updos with ribbons.

I love this movie so much :o glad someone else knows it too!

Finda
December 5th, 2021, 12:47 PM
I love this movie so much :o glad someone else knows it too!

It was a coinidence I saw it, but I really liked it.

Black Widow has tons of braided styles.

Diana Prince
December 19th, 2021, 04:53 AM
Witcher season 2 has a lot of long haired characters. Their hair is stunning. My favourites are Cirilla, Triss and Francesca.

zhivago
December 19th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Memoirs of a Geisha had some crazy long hair, not sure if it has already been mentioned.

shelomit
December 19th, 2021, 02:50 PM
I mentioned this in the "last movie you watched" thread, but forgot to put it here! Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui is in theaters now. Vaani Kapoor's hair is not unusually long for a desi actress, but I was surprised to see her wearing a hairstick in one scene!

MadelineMomo
December 19th, 2021, 06:16 PM
I like long-haired fantasy/historical type TV shows as much as the next person, but...

Am I the only one who sometimes notices how blatantly unrealistic they are? Like of course they're all wigs, we all know that. But moments when they have the hair do something that real hair doesn't do, and you know too much about real hair to not see how fake it is?

Like: A half-up-do means half of your hair is up. That means the hair left falling down your back will look less thick than it's full thickness.

Or Dany's braids in the latter half of the show. When you've done some French-braiding yourself, you know that thickness of braid requires kind of a lot of hair. You can't have 4 or 6 or however many braids, each of them as thick a braid containing half of a person's hair. You can't have 4 halves of your hair; that's not how math works.

I'm not trying to nitpick. I just can't not see it. It's like trying to look at text written in your native language see it without reading it.

emilyogini
December 21st, 2021, 12:41 PM
I like long-haired fantasy/historical type TV shows as much as the next person, but...

Am I the only one who sometimes notices how blatantly unrealistic they are? Like of course they're all wigs, we all know that. But moments when they have the hair do something that real hair doesn't do, and you know too much about real hair to not see how fake it is?

Like: A half-up-do means half of your hair is up. That means the hair left falling down your back will look less thick than it's full thickness.

Or Dany's braids in the latter half of the show. When you've done some French-braiding yourself, you know that thickness of braid requires kind of a lot of hair. You can't have 4 or 6 or however many braids, each of them as thick a braid containing half of a person's hair. You can't have 4 halves of your hair; that's not how math works.

I'm not trying to nitpick. I just can't not see it. It's like trying not to look at text written in your native language see it without reading it.

This is a great point. These things do pull me out of the vibe of what I'm enjoying. Maybe it has something to do with some sort of current beauty obsession over extremely thick hair? I'm not sure. It's the same with makeup! Gotta laugh a little

Iyashikei
December 21st, 2021, 08:19 PM

I'm not trying to nitpick. I just can't not see it. It's like trying not to look at text written in your native language see it without reading it.
I honestly never really see it and now that you point it out I kinda think about it this way: there have been so many cultures in history that have used wigs or extentions or the likes so even if it's obviously fake it might be valid from some person in history's point of view.

Kat
December 21st, 2021, 09:16 PM
Kind of, but also because... some styles look funny with thin hair. Like, some of these movie styles are gorgeous, and then I do them and... yeah. They don't look nice because they make my hair look really thin. (I mean, Princess Leia's hair at the end of A New Hope? Gorgeous. Done with half an amount of hair? Dorky. Maybe it works on people with really thick hair. On me it looks pathetic and anemic and ridiculous.) So I see it as an aesthetic thing as much as an "unrealistic" thing. Kind of like how most people in moves are attractive even though that's not true in real life, or in some movies/TV shows it's always summer regardless of the location it's set in, etc. etc.

I am loving the hairstyles in the Chinese historical dramas, but I admit just looking at all the stuff on their heads makes my head (and neck) hurt... as someone who can't even wear hair "up" for very long without a headache, I can't imagine also having a bunch of hairpieces and/or hairforms and fake hair and jewelry or headdresses hanging off a giant style... (Mind you, I don't know how historically and/or culturally accurate these are...)

Hairstyles from Ruyi (ruyi's royal love hair)

Hairstyles from Oh My General (Examples one (https://nocoffeepls.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/screen-shot-2017-12-05-at-15-19-02.png?w=723) and two (https://i.mydramalist.com/EPON0m.jpg))

Iyashikei
December 22nd, 2021, 06:19 AM
Kind of, but also because... some styles look funny with thin hair. Like, some of these movie styles are gorgeous, and then I do them and... yeah. They don't look nice because they make my hair look really thin. (I mean, Princess Leia's hair at the end of A New Hope? Gorgeous. Done with half an amount of hair? Dorky. Maybe it works on people with really thick hair. On me it looks pathetic and anemic and ridiculous.) So I see it as an aesthetic thing as much as an "unrealistic" thing. Kind of like how most people in moves are attractive even though that's not true in real life, or in some movies/TV shows it's always summer regardless of the location it's set in, etc. etc.

I am loving the hairstyles in the Chinese historical dramas, but I admit just looking at all the stuff on their heads makes my head (and neck) hurt... as someone who can't even wear hair "up" for very long without a headache, I can't imagine also having a bunch of hairpieces and/or hairforms and fake hair and jewelry or headdresses hanging off a giant style... (Mind you, I don't know how historically and/or culturally accurate these are...)

Hairstyles from Ruyi (ruyi's royal love hair)

Hairstyles from Oh My General (Examples one (https://nocoffeepls.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/screen-shot-2017-12-05-at-15-19-02.png?w=723) and two (https://i.mydramalist.com/EPON0m.jpg))
I know historical China had some wild hairstyles so it's possible. I mean, look at those https://www.newhanfu.com/15138.html

Kat
December 22nd, 2021, 07:17 AM
I know historical China had some wild hairstyles so it's possible. I mean, look at those https://www.newhanfu.com/15138.html

Ooh, that's a great site!

I've read some criticism that the hairstyles in Ruyi might not be period-accurate, though they do at least seem to be accurate historical hairstyles. I'm not so sure about General, as they don't resemble anything I've seen in articles so far (though my reading is very limited). It's interesting to try to figure out how they're constructed and kept on, though!

TatsuOni
December 22nd, 2021, 10:05 AM
Hair pieces have been used throughout history as well as "cushions" to make bigger hairstyles. Such things were used in acient China. With that said, their hair jewlery could be really heavy!

If you look up the Tayu/Oiran from Japan. Their hair accesories are around 5 kg in total! https://geishakai.pl/index.php/2020/09/22/shimabara-tayu/

But then a lot of dramas and movies are not correct and I do feel that it's a bit ridiculus sometimes. It always bothers me when their braids are thicker than their hair or their half ups are hugh :p

illicitlizard
December 22nd, 2021, 09:47 PM
Witcher season 2 has a lot of long haired characters. Their hair is stunning. My favourites are Cirilla, Triss and Francesca.

Agreed! I love how many characters have long hair, so lovely.

Iyashikei
December 22nd, 2021, 09:52 PM
Hair pieces have been used throughout history as well as "cushions" to make bigger hairstyles. Such things were used in acient China. With that said, their hair jewlery could be really heavy!

If you look up the Tayu/Oiran from Japan. Their hair accesories are around 5 kg in total! https://geishakai.pl/index.php/2020/09/22/shimabara-tayu/

But then a lot of dramas and movies are not correct and I do feel that it's a bit ridiculus sometimes. It always bothers me when their braids are thicker than their hair or their half ups are hugh :p
My neck hurts just reading that. Sheesh!

About the dramas/movies: it doesn't bother me one bit because that's usually not the only thing that isn't correct. Just watch Insiders videos on how realistic movies are and you'll notice that the majority is completely wrong. As long as the movie is good it doesn't really matter to them and only people who are really into the subject care (like us) care about the finer details like period accuracy anyways.

AllyByrd
December 23rd, 2021, 01:56 PM
I love copying the hairstyles from Star Wars and the new Little Women movie. Also I noticed there is some beautiful hair and styles in the live action Aladdin!

Kat
December 23rd, 2021, 03:47 PM

This is fascinating!

TatsuOni
December 26th, 2021, 03:43 AM
This is fascinating!

It truly is! :)

knobbly
December 26th, 2021, 08:02 AM

Yes! Like I love Ciri’s gorgeous braid situation in season 2 of the Witcher, but a. it’s so obviously a full wig, not a hairpiece (Geralt’s wig is better this season but they just gave his wig person to her I guess? So sad) and b. one of the braid strands is itself a fishtail braid which uses up so much length that the hairstyle is impossible. And now I can’t unsee it. :thud:

Why am I like this? Lol.

shelomit
December 28th, 2021, 09:32 PM
I just got back from "Shyam Singha Roy," the first Telugu movie I've seen in theaters in five or six years. Both of the main actresses, Sai Pallavi and Krithi Shetty, were depicted with long hair (classic+ in Pallavi's case). In one scene she was sleeping with her head near a candle and it gave me an involuntary fright!

Ordinarily I would send people to go look at one of the song videos, but it seems like the full versions have not been released to YouTube yet ) : You can see Pallavi's character okay as the central dancer in this song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR8oppU0hB4) from the movie, although the lyrics/titles occasionally get in the way.

Iyashikei
December 28th, 2021, 10:58 PM
I just got back from "Shyam Singha Roy," the first Telugu movie I've seen in theaters in five or six years. Both of the main actresses, Sai Pallavi and Krithi Shetty, were depicted with long hair (classic+ in Pallavi's case). In one scene she was sleeping with her head near a candle and it gave me an involuntary fright!

Ordinarily I would send people to go look at one of the song videos, but it seems like the full versions have not been released to YouTube yet ) : You can see Pallavi's character okay as the central dancer in this song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR8oppU0hB4) from the movie, although the lyrics/titles occasionally get in the way.
Just saw the video so I can safely say she has beautiful hair (and the song is now stuck in my head).

ZoeZ
December 29th, 2021, 01:58 PM
Beautiful song, beautiful dancing and dresses and yes, beautiful hair! The fire is a bit frightening though...:)

shelomit
December 29th, 2021, 09:12 PM
Just saw the video so I can safely say she has beautiful hair (and the song is now stuck in my head).

Beautiful song, beautiful dancing and dresses and yes, beautiful hair! The fire is a bit frightening though...:)

I don't watch a lot of Tollywood, but I have seen Sai Pallavi act in one other film (Fidaa). That was a number of years ago now. I don't recall her hair being quite this long then, but she did wear it loose with those very distinctive-looking soft waves. I suspect it's either her own hair in Shyam Singha Roy, having grown a little more in the intervening years, or her own hair with some extensions at the nape.

MadelineMomo
December 30th, 2021, 03:09 PM
there have been so many cultures in history that have used wigs or extentions or the likes so even if it's obviously fake it might be valid from some person in history's point of view.

It depends. Like if it's a court drama or something, sure, then it makes sense they're using hair extensions. It's contextually appropriate.

But other times it's not.

I love Ciri’s gorgeous braid situation in season 2 of the Witcher, but
a. it’s so obviously a full wig, not a hairpiece (Geralt’s wig is better this season but they just gave his wig person to her I guess? So sad) and
b. one of the braid strands is itself a fishtail braid which uses up so much length that the hairstyle is impossible.

Ciri, baby, why are you wearing hair extensions to hang out at Kaer Morhen and train with your uncles? Where did you even find hair extensions up there? Did you do that hairdo all by yourself? (And if Geralt is braiding Ciri's hair for her, why isn't that shown on-scene? That would be a great dad scene. My dad had to learn to braid my hair when I was little)

I think Ciri's braid there is supposed to be "rustic" or "worn-in", with all the pieces that aren't in the braid. But the combination of the "distressed" look with fancy details like the fishtail braid and extensions... together it's just tonally confusing.

It's ok that it's silly. Witcher is a shamelessly silly sometimes, and honestly I love it for it. Geralt and Yennefer both have Mary Sue eyes, and the show makes no apologies for it. But it is silly, and I can't not see it as such.

Anya15
December 30th, 2021, 09:36 PM
Haven't seen this, but would like to add that long hair is super common in India and it's not unusual to see women with hiplength or even tailbone length hair. Classic isn't as common but you can still see people with it.
A lot of our movies feature women with long hair! :)
My mother's hair is tailbone length and when she was young, she used to have classic length hair.

shelomit
January 7th, 2022, 04:39 PM
Rewatched "Raanjhanaa" with a friend who really loves it. (It seems like most people either completely love or completely hate that movie, and I'm the one who doesn't much care either way!) In the first part of the story, Sonam wears schoolgirl-type double braids, but often has them accented in an interesting way, such as a lace braid along the temple leading down to the English braid.

Mariekeeee14
January 13th, 2022, 09:41 AM
Has anyone watched the new adaption of Sisi yet? (I’m not happy about the polyester but I’ll save that rant)

Her hair looks so natural! Obviously it’s a hair piece, but I think they worked with her natural hair texture and colour, and it works so nicely.

His hair I have historical qualms with. Gel!? Save me!

Finda
January 13th, 2022, 03:21 PM
Has anyone watched the new adaption of Sisi yet? (I’m not happy about the polyester but I’ll save that rant)

Her hair looks so natural! Obviously it’s a hair piece, but I think they worked with her natural hair texture and colour, and it works so nicely.

His hair I have historical qualms with. Gel!? Save me!

I only switched to it for a couple of minutes, then I was put off by the weird dresses (the scene where she was told she was pregnant lol). But I agree with your assessment concerning the hair.

Since we're talking about remakes, the other day I saw a Norwegian remake of "Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel" (Three Gifts for Cinderella) and Cinderella had this longish, thick braid over her shoulder which would have indicated waist+, maybe even tailbone length hair. I guessed it was a hairpiece. Then there was a scene where she had her hair down and all of a sudden it was only a little longer than bsl.

LavenderFaerie
January 22nd, 2022, 08:05 AM
I'm in love with this thread! I love seeing long hair in movies, especially historical ones. Hair-brushing scenes in historical movies are so nice to watch.

Death-Within-Me
January 22nd, 2022, 01:33 PM
I just finished Ophelia 2018.

The plot was choppy and weird. The dialogue was cheesy. Horrible acting from the female lead and some others.

But aesthetics was on point and so was the hair.

Syzygy
January 22nd, 2022, 04:15 PM
Thranduil

Oh, he is fabulous!

Those eyebrows tho. lol.

Come on now, they seal the deal :eyebrows:

On that note, Tauriel's hair is dreamy.

Besides all the mentions so far (Klingons, Native Americans, medieval, witchery, etc.), Bram Stoker’s Dracula and Zorro also come to mind for longish hair.

Dark40
January 26th, 2022, 08:19 AM
Oh yeah, I have another personal favorite of mine with long hair is: Live And Let Die."(Jane Seymour). I love here hair styles in that movie! Besides, 'Somewhere In Time."

shelomit
March 23rd, 2022, 10:50 AM
Hairsticks were an unexpected visual theme in "Bachchan Pandey," which I saw last night. Neither Jacqueline Fernandez nor Kriti Sanon wore particularly long hair, but they both wore hairsticks and the film draws a lot of attention to it in order to create a parallel between their characters.

RebekahE
March 23rd, 2022, 01:43 PM
Yvaine's hair in Stardust is pretty.
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1400000/Claire-Danes-in-Stardust-actresses-1404756-1024-426.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/38/bf/e138bf1ff96b347996c13faaafa9eee9.jpg

alewyn
April 6th, 2022, 08:28 AM
I watched the BBC Pride and Prejudice this past week and appreciated how realistically they portrayed the historical hairstyles, and though none of the actors have long hair by LHC (or historical) standards, they all have gorgeous hair which is long by modern definition. I enjoyed seeing Susanna Harker's hair in a side braid that reflected taper at around MBL--that feels so frowned upon by current style advice, so it was cool to see!

C_Bookworm
April 6th, 2022, 06:30 PM
I watched the BBC Pride and Prejudice this past week and appreciated how realistically they portrayed the historical hairstyles, and though none of the actors have long hair by LHC (or historical) standards, they all have gorgeous hair which is long by modern definition. I enjoyed seeing Susanna Harker's hair in a side braid that reflected taper at around MBL--that feels so frowned upon by current style advice, so it was cool to see!

It's been ages since I've watched that version. I do love the embracing of natural taper. Sounds like it's time for a rewatch!

Outmoded
April 8th, 2022, 06:11 PM
Though the initial post of this thread was asking about women with long hair, I wonder if you good people could recommend more featuring men with long hair? Some I appreciate have already been mentioned - The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Interview with the Vampire, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Braveheart, Dances with Wolves, lots of wuxia films… (I am going to have to add ‘The Yin-Yang Master: Dream of Eternity’ to my watch list now per the recommendation). There is also Top Dollar from The Crow, the Korean film A Frozen Flower, and, though it is a series, not a film, Versailles.

Iyashikei
April 9th, 2022, 09:19 AM
Though the initial post of this thread was asking about women with long hair, I wonder if you good people could recommend more featuring men with long hair? Some I appreciate have already been mentioned - The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Interview with the Vampire, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Braveheart, Dances with Wolves, lots of wuxia films… (I am going to have to add ‘The Yin-Yang Master: Dream of Eternity’ to my watch list now per the recommendation). There is also Top Dollar from The Crow, the Korean film A Frozen Flower, and, though it is a series, not a film, Versailles.
I think your best bet would be wuxia in general since in ancient times the only time a Chinese, whether it was a man or a woman, would cut their hair was when they became a monk or as a punishment for some crime. I don't know much about Korean culture but there might be something similar going on there, so be on the lookout for Korean historical stuff too.

Finda
November 2nd, 2022, 02:12 PM
I'm watching Elementary, episode 2.19, and Joan wears a cinnamon bun with a pencil.

Bat
November 9th, 2022, 04:19 AM
The poc actress in the school for good and evil has some insane game goin on
Movie was some dumb fun

MeganAimee
November 9th, 2022, 12:55 PM
The 1968 Romeo & Juliette, Olivia Hussey's hair made me want long hair when I was a teenager!

angel-baby
November 9th, 2022, 02:48 PM
Watched The Beguiled last night. So many pretty braids!!

Dark40
November 10th, 2022, 03:17 PM
Somewhere In Time with Jane Seymour in another one, and Legally Blonde with Reese Witherspoon.

siuil
November 30th, 2022, 06:07 PM
I adored the hair in Ophelia [2018] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lD9zDi5l9M); volume warning for the first few seconds. It's such a relaxing film with beautiful visuals.

ArtOfNoot
November 30th, 2022, 08:25 PM
The 1968 Romeo & Juliette, Olivia Hussey's hair made me want long hair when I was a teenager!

YES!! I love that movie just for the hair haha Olivia Hussey had gorgeous hair

WitchoftheWood
November 30th, 2022, 11:29 PM
The Princess Bride! Princess Buttercup is my OG long hair inspiration :)

knobbly
January 7th, 2023, 01:54 PM
Was rewatching Shadow & Bone this week since the second season is coming out soon and realized that Inej has quite long hair! She wears it in a single English braid most often but gathered at the top. Like a ponytail braided? (Such a basic style but it was weird to put into words; hopefully it’s understandable.) Anyway it’s at least BCL if not longer in the braid so I’m gonna guess it’s CL really? I love her as a character, independent of her gorgeous hair, super excited to see how they do the second season.

Related: I have been rocking a center part all week lol.

Artemisa
March 24th, 2023, 09:55 AM
Last month I saw Ophelia from 2019 and her hair was lovely, actually the whole hair, makeup and costume was awesome.

tuanyiji
March 25th, 2023, 02:10 AM
I love watching Chinese traditional/ancient Wuxia or Xianxia romance movies and tv series because nearly everyone has fantastic long hair (classic length at least, smooth, shiny, straight and dark as ink) with amazing bunning/braiding/combo styles and accessories for Hanfu inspiration. Look them (C-drama) up on youtube or any streaming services if you're craving for that kind of aesthetics.

LadyGuin
March 27th, 2023, 12:33 PM
The 2017 tv version of Anna Karenina reinvigorated my love of long hair and made me want to see if I could eventually get past waist and tailbone.

Nefcerka
March 28th, 2023, 07:49 AM
The 2017 tv version of Anna Karenina reinvigorated my love of long hair and made me want to see if I could eventually get past waist and tailbone.

Thanks for the tip, I´ve missed that there was a 2017 adaptation!

LadyGuin
March 28th, 2023, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the tip, I´ve missed that there was a 2017 adaptation!

The hair and the costumes and the actors are beautiful! And I think you can even find it on YouTube

Nefcerka
March 29th, 2023, 06:11 AM
I used to admire Blake Lively´s hair and I would watch any movie with her in it, even though some were not good (at all, lol). But she sported many lovely hairstyles in the Gossip girl (a show, not a movie, I know). Lately I watched the 1995 Sense and Sensibility and I liked Emma Thompson´s bun very much and kept wondering how they made it - and here at LHC I discovered it´s an easy cameo bun! I look forward to wearing it myself.