PDA

View Full Version : Who has the longest hair of people you know (in real life)?

Pages : [1] 2

Becky9679
June 27th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I was considering this question today - it has to be someone you know in real life, not from here, and doesn't include strangers you may run up to and compliment on their hair.

The two longest haired people I know are both male, one with very straight classic length hair, the other with thick curly tailbone length. None of the girls I know have anything past waist!

So, who do you know with long hair and how long is it? Have you told them about LHC? Do you swap haircare tips with them? I had a brief discussion with one of mine about updos (he onlys wears a basic English braid) but that's it.

jujube
June 27th, 2011, 10:48 AM
This girl from my ballet class who has awesome hip length, naturally blonde, super healthy hair. I will sadly never have hair like hers.

Nae
June 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
One of my friends from highschool, who always had the shortest hair ever in school now has hair that is about mid-thigh. We don't really talk about hair, I know she uses Pantene and she perms it, if you can imagine. She says it keeps her from messing with it.

P.S. The perming was hard for me to imagine with that length.....not the Pantene. *ducks so she won't be hit by flying Pantene bottles*

spidermom
June 27th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Me.

Well - not exactly. I've met Lady Godiva (through LHC). Her hair was ankle length at the time.

I saw a woman walking her dogs near the lake (near here), and her hair was loose and about mid-calf length. Oh my! It was breezy that day and all I could think was what a tangled mess she'd have to deal with later.

Loreley
June 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
My cousin has hip length hair. She had classic length when we were children but with hip length she has the longest hair of people I know.

jel
June 27th, 2011, 11:03 AM
LOL, I'm going to almost repeat Spidermom's answer!

The longest-haired person I know, outside LHC, is - me. :D I do have a few friends with "long" hair, anything between APL and BSL.

Through LHC, it has to be Igor. Her hair was mid-thigh when I met her (and other LHCers) last year at the Amsterdam Euro-meet. I had to leave before Eresh arrived, and I believe her hair is calf-length...

ETA: APL-BSL is already long, IMO, but to those friends of mine, my hair is "really long"! ;)

elbow chic
June 27th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I know several people with hair that's at least waist length, though people seem to keep it put up so you can't tell exactly how long it IS. It's funny, but I don't even know exactly how long my own mother's hair is these days.

She puts it up before she comes out of her room in the morning and doesn't take it down till she's getting into bed.

A friend of mine was at least hip, maybe TB, the last time I saw her. She was talking about donating again (!) but I don't know if she did after she moved up north. One of those obnoxiously fast growers who can get from waist to tailbone twice in the time it takes me to get from APL to BSL. :p

Copasetic
June 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I don't really know anyone who keeps their hair long. I think I am the longest haired person I know. The longest hair among my friends, family, and co-workers is probably just past shoulder length.

xoerincolleen
June 27th, 2011, 11:21 AM
My cousin has hair that is at least hip length, maybe even tailbone. And she's tall too, she looks like a model!

NativeGirl
June 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM
My mother has the longest hair I have ever seen. The last time I saw it down was two years ago, and it went way past floor length. For fun, we measured her hair, and it was 7 feet 9 inches...and my mom is only 5 feet 3 inches tall. Granted, she's been growing it out her entire life - 48 years. Never had a cut. I've only seen my mother's hair down twice my entire life...so it was quite a shock to see that it's gotten so long.

My brother's and sister's all have tail bone length hair, and mine was at tail bone length when I lost it to chemo four years ago...and I'm now inching ever so close to waist length.

sibiryachka
June 27th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I have a friend who's maintained at classic/terminal for the whole 13 years I've known her. Last time I saw her I finally confessed "You're my long-hair heroine!" :p

I did forward her the link to LHC right when I first discovered it, but she never reacted. Maybe it's time for another nudge! I expect to be seeing more of her in the near future; she lives 3 hrs away, but her daughter is starting college in my city this fall. I'll be the official on-site grownup in case she needs to go to the doctor or bring over a load of laundry or something, but I imagine her folks, mom especially, will be in the neighborhood occasionally too. I'm pretty sure I can work LCH into the conversation, especially if she notices/mentions my growth...:eyebrows: And if anyone is going to, it will be her.

Mina_Harker
June 27th, 2011, 11:44 AM
My cousins ex had hair past her knees. Unfortunantly she didn't take very good care of it and she was a chain smoker so it was very unhealthy looking. I have had long hair on and off my entire life (I grow it out and then donate) and I love long hair but whenever my hair gets past my waist I worry that it will start looking like hers did:(
Mina

renarok
June 27th, 2011, 11:45 AM
My mother has the longest hair I have ever seen. The last time I saw it down was two years ago, and it went way past floor length. For fun, we measured her hair, and it was 7 feet 9 inches...and my mom is only 5 feet 3 inches tall. Granted, she's been growing it out her entire life - 48 years. Never had a cut. I've only seen my mother's hair down twice my entire life...so it was quite a shock to see that it's gotten so long.

My brother's and sister's all have tail bone length hair, and mine was at tail bone length when I lost it to chemo four years ago...and I'm now inching ever so close to waist length.
Amazing hair genes in your family! Are you planning on letting your hair grow to terminal?

NativeGirl
June 27th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Yes. It's tradition in my family.

Cardinal
June 27th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I woman in my town has hair down to the back of her knees. It is chestnut brown, and gorgeous. I have never met her, and only saw her outside her home as I was driving by on my way to pick up some layer hens.
For all I know, she may be a member here!

katsrevenge
June 27th, 2011, 11:58 AM
A women I used to work with years ago. She had this big thick bun and I always thought she just had really really thick hair. After the current night crew had gotten to know each other well enough to chat about more personal things it came out she was a belly dancer on the side and just loved the look of long hair with that dance... so she grew it out to her ankles. And then she showed us. It was very thick to the end, gorgeous and well cared for. It was the first time I'd seen hair like that and it was just so lovely.

C.H.
June 27th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I may be the longest haired person I know personally. There's an acquaintance at church, actually I was just contemplating her hair during Sunday's service, and I think it's around Hip, so it might be the same or slightly longer than mine. (Actually, she's taller than me, so it probably is longer by inches.) I also have one cousin with longer curls. I'm not sure how long it would be if you stretched out the longest curl...maybe waistish? Otherwise, those are all the particularly long-haired people I know personally.

Other than that, I saw an older lady at an event I was working at recently with a salt-and-pepper braid slightly past classic, and I figured if she took the braid down it might be around mid-thigh. So that might be longest hair I've actually laid eyes on to my knowledge. Then again, I didn't pay much attention to such things until I joined LHC recently, so who knows how many other long hairs I crossed paths with without noticing.

ETA: Actually, my ex-boyfriend's mom used to keep her hair up in a bun all the time. I don't recall if I saw it down personally, or just saw a picture, but I believe it was about hip length as well.

We have as a family had a few conversations about caring for curly hair, but nothing too specific. Last time I saw my cousin I did consider asking her about CO washing or the CG method. But honestly, she's always had her curls under control and looking pretty healthy, so I don't think she really needs any hair advice. Likewise, she's never seemed too concerned about growing her hair out such that I think she'd be especially interested in LHC. I do wish I had a local LHC buddy to discuss and try things out with.

MandyBeth
June 27th, 2011, 12:01 PM
My DH before he shaved his head. When we brushed out his locs that were past hip length, his hair was mid calf or so, then cut up to hip for a while, now shaved again.

The "disgusting" part? His hair was shaved 6 years before, so it went from nothing to mid calf in 6 years. I so hate him for that :D

pepperminttea
June 27th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Sort of me, sort of not. One friend, who's an occasional LHC lurker, has gorgeous 3a/3b curls that unstretched reach BSL. Stretched, I'm told they hit classic. :bigeyes: So unstretched, I have the longest - stretched, she does by a mile. (Unless you figure in the height difference, in which case we might be about even.)

ashke50
June 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
One of my friends has dark blonde hair between waist and hip, although it is usually in a ponytail so I am not sure exactly how long it is. Her mum has a thick plait to about tailbone, so the family must have good hair genes!

Another of my friends used to have amazing hip length red hair, but she has cut it recently to between BSL and waist. It is still awesome hair though.

battles
June 27th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I have a friend with beautiful dark tailbone length hair. She's had long hair for as long as I can remember. :D

C.H.
June 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM
My DH before he shaved his head. When we brushed out his locs that were past hip length, his hair was mid calf or so, then cut up to hip for a while, now shaved again.

The "disgusting" part? His hair was shaved 6 years before, so it went from nothing to mid calf in 6 years. I so hate him for that :D

Woah, not fair.

On another note, I didn't know you could brush out locs. It seems like anyone I've known who was done with having locs just cut them off.

pittsburgpam
June 27th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I don't personally know anyone who has longer than BSL, not even at work where there are probably 500 people in my building. My two nieces had long, straight, classic length until they were in their late 20's. One cut hers to shoulder length after her second child because of it getting pulled all the time. I NEVER saw her with her hair up in any way, always straight down.

KittyLost
June 27th, 2011, 12:21 PM
A girl I work with has lovely long waist length (she wears it up a lot though) blonde hair in wonderful condition.

The longest after that is a handful of people with APL, most people I know have shoulder or shorter. There is one girl with BSL but it's extensions so I'm not counting it :p longhair isn't really popular in my area.

heatherbelle
June 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM
My best friend Christine :D She has long brown hair, tailbone length, and it always look gorgeous! And does NOTHING with it!;) She is my inspiration to grow my hair at least down to my waist.

gthlvrmx
June 27th, 2011, 12:49 PM
My best friend Christine :D She has long brown hair, tailbone length, and it always look gorgeous! And does NOTHING with it!;) She is my inspiration to grow my hair at least down to my waist.
I actually knew a girl who's name was Christine or Kristy, i forgot, she danced tahitian and hula and her hair was almost knee length, it probably is now :) Sadly i haven't seen her since i stopped going to tahitian practice :(

MandyBeth
June 27th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Woah, not fair.

On another note, I didn't know you could brush out locs. It seems like anyone I've known who was done with having locs just cut them off.
The ability to undo the locs depends on the hair really I think. Plus lots of cones, the right tools, time and properly formed locs vs the gooped up wax coated type.

Overall, the locs weren't damaging to DH's hair, but the brushing/combing out WAS. Plus, for him and his work, anything past hip length is too long for him, so it wasn't a big deal to cut it off. It was damaged to needing a cut from probably classic or so to the ends.

But yeah, hair growth in his family is INSANELY fast. Mine is pokey slow, sigh, not fair.

BlazingHeart
June 27th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Either my cousin Liz or myself. I haven't seen her in over 6 months so I'm not sure which of us is longer at the moment. For a long time, she maintained at waist, so if she's still doing that, I'm a couple inches longer.

~Blaze

lapispimpernel
June 27th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I think it's me, though my hair's only a bit past BSL. :confused: I knew a couple girls in high school who had long hair. One was from India and had lovely stick-straight, thick, classic length hair. The other was a strawberry blonde, waist, 2c. I was a little more jealous of the second because it seemed theoretically possible that my hair could look that way. :D Facebook says they've both had a chop since then, though.

Angeletti
June 27th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I can't think of anyone that I know personally who has longer hair than me, but the longest I can think of would be my cousin that I don't really ever see or talk to. I saw her from a distance months ago and it looked like she had hip length or a tad longer, so it's nice to see that I'm not the only long hair in my family : )

heidihug
June 27th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Me, by far. I know a few woman at work with BSL hair - other people refer to them as "that woman with long brown hair in Billing" or some such. I laugh (inside) when they say that. Hair longer than waist is just not done where I live. And hair longer than shoulder on Women of a Certain Age? Unheard of. Little do they know. Heh.

Bianca
June 27th, 2011, 01:33 PM
My beautiful littlesister :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2008&pictureid=77877

rogue_psyche
June 27th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I just recently met a girl with tailbone length virgin hair. Needless to say, she is gorgeous.

Ligeia_13
June 27th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I know a girl with um...its either tailbone or classic, I can't really remember, I haven't seen her in a while, its naturally blonde, wavy,blunt hemline,so healthy...I am so jealous.

lapispimpernel
June 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM
My beautiful littlesister :)

Aww, she's a cutie. :)

terpentyna
June 27th, 2011, 02:01 PM
The lady at my local pet store, knee length jet black...

Tressie
June 27th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I have thought about your question, and I suppose it's.....MOI! (o:

Jeni
June 27th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I do. There were a few girls in my class who had hair about my length but they have all since cut to at least BSL. The longest hair in my family is my brother at ~shoulder... I do not come from a family of long hairs.

charalito
June 27th, 2011, 02:09 PM
My scuba diving instructor's hair must be around tailbone, but I have never seen it unbraided (even after being her intern and traveling with her for more than 6 months).

Bianca, your sister is just adorable!

Mairéad
June 27th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I honestly think I don't really know anyone with hair longer than the shoulder. I used to be the long hair, haha.

Xandergrammy
June 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Me.

Well - not exactly. I've met Lady Godiva (through LHC). Her hair was ankle length at the time.

Me too! :cheer: (although I have not had the good fortune YET to meet Lady Godiva- hopefully one of these days I'll get to meet her and you too!!)

RitaPG
June 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
The only person I know with hair longer than mine is a boy with straight hair that varies between hip and TB.
None of the girls I know IRL have hair past BSL.

Slinks
June 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM
of the people that I "know" me .. :lol: and my hair is only a little bit longer than my siggy .. as I write this I visualise a lady who works at the chemist and I sort of know her but I think my hair is longer than hers, we would be the only two long haired girls in this town .. my son's girlfriend had classic when he met her but chopped it all off to BSL .. I hope she grows it back, she sees the things I do to grow my hair but I don't think she wants to just yet, she could grow with a snap of the fingers, it's that quick and luxuriously thick but she does not miss all the fuss of having long hair ...

Quezie
June 27th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I work with a girl whose hair is about hip length I think. It's not suuuper healthy though, it's bleached.
And another girl I work with has tailbone length hair.

Quite a few women at my job have bsl+ hair, which is pretty out of the ordinary.

Slinks
June 27th, 2011, 02:29 PM
mine was at tail bone length when I lost it to chemo four years ago...and I'm now inching ever so close to waist length.

I'm glad you're better now ..

LoversLullaby
June 27th, 2011, 02:31 PM
A girl I go to school with is Pentecostal, so she doesn't cut her hair. She wears it down every once and a while, and it reaches a little bit past classic. It's beautiful, and I love her fairytale ends! :)

Another girl that I go to school with has almost knee length hair which she usually keeps in a cinnabun held with small jaw clips. It's really dark and really thick!

Carrie Ingalls
June 27th, 2011, 02:35 PM
My little sister "Grace Ingalls!" She has curly hair that goes to the floor when wet/curls pulled straight. hmm...I really need to upload better/newer pics of her hair...maybe some time later this summer.

inertia
June 27th, 2011, 02:50 PM
An acquaintance who's a fellow fan of my favorite band. Her hair is somewhere in the mid-thigh to knee range. I haven't mentioned LHC to her because she only speaks Korean and Japanese.

Another fellow fan I know is in the classic to mid-thigh range, and another is in the TB to classic range. Plus a whole bunch somewhere between waist and TB. This band has an unusually high percentage of long-haired fans, probably because the vocalist's hair used to be mid-thigh and we all caught the bug.

adiapalic
June 27th, 2011, 03:06 PM
It was my mama at waist length before my sister took of too much in a trim. She tends to do that--it's why I trim my own hair these days. :p

ifthemoonsmiled
June 27th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I know a couple older hippy types who have hair at classic length or beyond. One I can think of has hair down to at least her calves, I think.

Thing is, none of these people seem very good at maintaining their hair. I don't know if it's because this type always seems to smoke heavily, or that they all wear their hair down constantly, or what. But it seems like all the super longhairs I know in person have really dry & scraggly ends. For a long time I thought that was inevitable at a certain length, but this site has made me realize it's probably related to haircare habits.

Masara
June 27th, 2011, 11:19 PM
One of my pupils used to have a mid thigh length braid. She's since cut quite a bit and her braid is now between waist and tailbone, but it's thick (her braid tail is thicker than my braid root) so i'm guessing that loose her hair must still be well below classic.
Apart from her, the other person I always mention when I answer something like this is the school Spanish teacher who used to have hair between waist and tailbone. But I recently realised that my hair is longer than hers now. And then she cut back to BSL/waist with layers.

Debra83
June 27th, 2011, 11:25 PM
LOL, I'm going to almost repeat Spidermom's answer!

The longest-haired person I know, outside LHC, is - me. :D I do have a few friends with "long" hair, anything between APL and BSL.

Through LHC, it has to be Igor. Her hair was mid-thigh when I met her (and other LHCers) last year at the Amsterdam Euro-meet. I had to leave before Eresh arrived, and I believe her hair is calf-length...

ETA: APL-BSL is already long, IMO, but to those friends of mine, my hair is "really long"! ;)

shock, surprise, delight.....ME!!! :D Although, I know acquaintances that I see at my jobs with longer hair. But, in my "circles"....ME!!! :cheese:

LittleOrca
June 27th, 2011, 11:43 PM
From people I have met, probably DaveDecker from here on LHC.

Out of people I see the most... me.

free_hug
June 27th, 2011, 11:55 PM
A friend of mine has a beautiful dark blond, wavy and very full head of hair. It's somewhere between BSL and waist. It used to be past waist, but then she got a trim to rid herself of the scraggly ends.

I know another head of princess hair, wurly and similar dark blond, but she recently went from BS to above APL? for similar reason. Instead of just taking better care of it O_o

Seriously, that's the longest. I know exactly zero person with waist or longer.

owlathena
June 28th, 2011, 12:13 AM
My friends Ashley and Suzanne have hair a few inches longer than mine (waist), but I don't think I personally know anyone at hip+.

beccababesx
June 28th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Me! The next closest is one of my best friends who has BSL hair. I rarely see hair longer than that, everyone else is around shoulder - APL.

Alaia
June 28th, 2011, 06:34 AM
It's another "ME" answer I'm afraid.

The next longest out of people I know is APL. So. Quite a difference ;)

MandyBeth
June 28th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Yeah, right now, foster daughter has longest hair I see on a regular basis. It's oh mid back or just passed right now. Not sure what it is pulled straight.

torrilin
June 28th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Madison is a pretty hippy town. You'll almost never see long hair down and loose tho. Even APL and BSL hair are braided or bunned about as often as you'd see 'em down.

The two longest both have tailbone length braids. They're both fairly thin haired and have a lot of taper. Lots of fairytaling, but their hair is clearly in good condition. Both seem to have some wave, but they seem to be length over curl sorts.

The next longest is also around tailbone, but she's 4'11" on a tall day. She does wear her hair in a ponytail a lot instead of a braid, but she's a coarse hair type and her hair can take it. Big loose curls a bit like Kate Middleton's.

And I've got two friends who are curlies and at about hip length. One is around hip curly and is 3b or 3c (so it might be much longer wet or blown out). The other is a length over curl and perfect hemline over length sort, and I don't think she's as curly. Doesn't really matter anyway, they're both gorgeous.

At barely waist, I'm definitely one of the shortest longhairs I know!

MissAlida
June 28th, 2011, 07:05 AM
One of my colleagues at university has tailbone lenght hair. She's a girl. And a couple other girls has waist lenght.

silverstars
June 28th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I had a roommate with really nice classic length hair that she left down nearly all the time.

Sweet Beat
June 28th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Do you have to know them personally, or just have seen them? If all are counted, it was a girl in a shop i saw once. Otherwise I have to say it must be me:o

11eleven
June 28th, 2011, 07:34 AM
ME :D My hair is about an inch and a half away from BCL and everyone else that I know has BSL or shorter. But I do sometimes see women that I don't know with longer.

Silverdragn7385
June 28th, 2011, 07:46 AM
The only other person other than myself that I know with long hair is a former coworker of mine...she had hair that was a little longer than classic length. It wasn't very well taken care of...

IndigoAsh
June 28th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I'm the longest haired person I know! I've been trying to get my niece to grow hers out, but her mom keeps all her girl's hair short = ( I want someone else hair to play with!

Nymph
June 28th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Actually that would be me...

Heatherzilla
June 28th, 2011, 08:20 AM
My mum. =] It's around BSL and a very pretty silver.

I mostly hang around short haired guys so I don't really know a lot of long hairs.

Ina
June 28th, 2011, 08:46 AM
My best friend has classic length extensions if that counts

NativeGirl
June 28th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm glad you're better now ..

Thank you. :)

Mannaz
June 28th, 2011, 09:03 AM
A friend of mine has classic-length dreadlocks. They are awesome! As for straight hair I think I might be taking the price... A coulple of friends keep their hair around BSL but never grow furhter, i don't know why that is, but i also know their hair care would need some improwements...
I've never thought that I'm becoming the long-haired one in the crowd, how cool!

Night_Kitten
June 28th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I'm the longest-haired person I know, but if it has to be someone other than me, then my best friend - she has waist length hair, and her hair type and color is almost exactly the same as mine (wer'e "hair twins", LOL :D) I told her about my hair routine and the LHC, and she did like it (even got coconut oil), but haven't signed in here yet... but I'm still optimistic :)

Monsterkitti
June 28th, 2011, 10:08 AM
My sister had around the same length as me (waist) but the longest is a work colleague who has hip length lovely thick hair with some strong wave in it, she occasionally cuts back to waist or so but it seems to grow very fast back to around hip length, I wish I had hair that grew that fast :)

Neneka
June 28th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I know a woman who has TBL hair. She keeps it down often and it's sooo pretty.

luxepiggy
June 28th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Within my social circle, my hair is the longest by far. I think the next longest might be "can-I-call-this-waist?" and even that's considered quite long. BSL or shorter seems to be the general rule, excepting those with extensions. Even the extensions crowd rarely goes longer than mid-back, though (^(oo)^)v

embee
June 28th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Until last Sunday I would have said "me", but now I think my brother's younger daughter (an adult, not a little kid) probably has hair longer than mine. She had it in a braid, about 6 or 8 bumps, and her fairytale ends went beyond waist. So if she were to comb it out....

SearMeCarefully
June 29th, 2011, 11:59 PM
The person with the longest hair I know is my grandma - whom has always been my long hair inspiration. Her hair goes to about TB

trolleypup
June 30th, 2011, 01:03 AM
One of the ballet moms had high heel length hair...asian black, unsurprisingly.

Henrietta
June 30th, 2011, 03:23 AM
It used to be my friend from a university but since I met my cousin after half a year of no see... that's her. TBL braid.

mrs_coffee
June 30th, 2011, 05:23 AM
It used to be my cousin who always had her hair between waist and hip. But after she had her first baby she chopped it to shoulder and now she keeps it between shoulder and APL. She still has the longest hair of anyone I know personally.

ArienEllariel
June 30th, 2011, 06:20 AM
My grandfather's girlfriend's daughter. lol She has somewhere between tailbone length and classic length 2a iii hair. Major hair envy. It's a pity she only keeps it in a low ponytail. If I knew her better I'd try out some of the fun styles I've learned here.

JuliaDancer
June 30th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I have the longest hair out of anyone I know personally, although my mom and twin sister come close, with waist/hip length hair. There's an older woman who teaches a belly dance class I used to go to who has classic though. It was a mousy light brown, and she always kept it up in a victorian looking knot for class, but I saw her perform with it down in a braid, and then again loose with braid waves, and it was beautiful!

Hiriel
June 30th, 2011, 11:21 AM
My co-worker has thick blonde going grey classic length hair. It's glorious. But she's in hospital with cancer now, she might lose it :(

Anje
June 30th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I had a professor once with a braid that went to her lower calves. I think it was about floor-length, loose.

Emerald88
June 30th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Another "me" answer. Some of my pentecostal friends used to have longer hair than me, but they started cutting a few years ago.

QueenJoey
June 30th, 2011, 01:07 PM
2 friends of mine have dark, straight hair that's a bit past her hips. Another girl I know used to have the most amazing classic length hair (the longest I've ever seen IRL), but last time I saw her she cut back to somewhere near waist.

Renbirde
June 30th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Me, I'm afraid, though there is a girl at my university whom I have never talked to that has the most outstandingly gorgeous thigh-length braid... :inlove:

PianoPlaye
June 30th, 2011, 01:21 PM
People I see regualrly - there's a lass at my son's school with a lovely fine, blonde tailbone length ponytail. She's early teens, so who knows?

A colleague at work has waist length black, white grey & silver hair which she likes to wear down - causes a lot of mutters about "unprofessional" & "unbecoming for her age", especially from the shoulder length bottle blondes. I think it is as much part of her as her preference for slightly hippy skirts & so keep my mouth shut.

Of my social circle, I think my hair is longer than mum's but we're the only two who have or want it longer than APL. Then there's a godmother who's half Italian heritage means she was sleeping with her hair in a stocking, drizzled with olive oil, *years* before I read of oiling hair! If she's not hip or longer I'll be very surprised, but she wears it up.

SwordWomanRiona
June 30th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I think that, outside LHC, I'm the longest long-haired person I know! :D None of the people I know have hair longer than waist - One of my friends at university has lovely thick 1b waist-length hair, and I think that's the maximum. Some other friends of mine have mid-back-length hair (male and female), and that's about it. Longer hair doesn't seem to be fashionable in my area :)

SwordWomanRiona
June 30th, 2011, 01:51 PM
My co-worker has thick blonde going grey classic length hair. It's glorious. But she's in hospital with cancer now, she might lose it :(

I'm so sorry! :( Lots of hugs to her.

LovingLongHair
June 30th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Well, I'm Holiness Pentecostal so I see a lot of long hair quite regularly (especially at camps, camp-meetings, and youth rallies). Anyways, the longest hair I have seen on somebody I know would be my friend Leah. She has gorgeous tailbone length tight ringlets. I have no clue how long it would be stretched cause those are some TIGHT curls. :agape:. And also my cousin Brooke. She has tailbone length blonde super-straight hair. She has only had it cut once in her life and that was against her will. :( Anyways, she is almost grown now and hasn't had it cut since she was about 6. Long hair runs in the family. My mom used to have long waist length hair. She permed it though (back in the 80's during the holiness perming days :rolleyes:. Some still perm their hair in my church.) She has it cut now to chin length and colors and highlights it. Anyways, sorry for ranting! :o

Kdc0180
July 1st, 2011, 11:33 PM
Me. None of my friends have ever grown out their hair long. I think it's sad. But better for me so I'll be unique. lol

janeytilllie
July 2nd, 2011, 01:24 AM
There's a lady who I regularly see in town. She has calf length blonde hair.
The only person I know in real life, who has longer hair than me is my DF. He has waist length red hair :cloud9:

Mommyof4
July 2nd, 2011, 01:29 AM
My sister in law's hair is thigh length. Her hair is glossy and brown. She does not do anything specific to help it grow or stay healthy. She just naturally has healthy, gorgeous hair. I always look at her hair and go condition mine! lol

MoonlightShadow
July 2nd, 2011, 02:46 AM
*thinks* *thinks* *thinks* *thinks* >.>...<.<...
ummm....i would have to say my friend who is a Muslim. she keeps her hair hidden all the time, so no one really sees it. i've only seen it when we've had to change for P.E. her hair comes around her hips if not longer.

jamesw
July 2nd, 2011, 05:12 AM
I know someone who has mid-thigh length deep brown hair.

ingvild
July 2nd, 2011, 06:27 AM
I have a friend who has tailbone length hair that is a very nice shade of brown! I don't know what her natural texture is, since I have only seen it down with braidwaves or bunwaves. I think she's had as long as mid thigh length hair. It looks stunning both up and down!

Monkey962
July 2nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Another 'me' answer here. There was a chick I knew in high school who had straight, dirty-blonde hair to nearly classic, but from what I've seen from pictures, she slowly cut it back to somewhere between waist and BSL :/. I wasn't even very good friends with her, since she was kind of conceited. Another one of my lady-friends claims she had knee-length hair back in grade school, and that she has pictures of it on her facebook page. However I've never seen them, so I'm slightly skeptical.

NotInPortland
July 2nd, 2011, 07:40 AM
Me. Most of my friends are around the APL mark and a few are just around BSL but none have ever grown longer than that.

MikeGP
July 2nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
I do and I'm a dude lol. Really disappointing at times. I like chicks with long hair.

lillylonghair
July 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
Surprisingly I do. Just about everyone I know has short hair. My mom might be slightly longer than me (dreamy,fluffy henna red curls.....alittle longer than bsl when wet I think).

angelthadiva
July 2nd, 2011, 08:33 AM
Outside of LHC I'm the longest long-hair I know.

I did meet an older gal several months ago at an in-service who had mid-back silver hair. Toward the end of the day I finally gathered up enough nerve to give her a compliment and she said I had made her day.

I do have two gals I work with, one is a co-worker who has waist length hair. The other is a supervisor who has mid-back length. The coworker almost always has her hair loose and her hair is VERY straight and quite fine. I have no idea how she manages to stay tangle free. I've never seen her style it (like walking by and seeing her detangle, but she must). She does occasionally do a messy bun, but that is about as sophisticated of a style she does. OTOH, the supervisor almost always has her hair in a braid or a ponytail and her hair is very thick and looks very healthy. Her hair color is natural too, a very pretty honey blonde.

On a recent business trip, a very short haired co-worker of mine was waiting for me to style my hair for dinner...All the while singing the lyrics from Tangled ♪♫...brush and brush and brush my hair ♪♫ It seriously only took me about 5 minutes, but apparently that was way too long for her. The song also carried over to dinner conversation :D

Lostsoule77
July 2nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
My belly dance teacher's hair is past classic. Not quite sure how far because she always has it braided. Other than that it's me, but there are quite a few women in my family with bsl+.

young&reckless
July 2nd, 2011, 10:10 AM
ME!

I have a couple of coworkers who come close and an aunt who keeps her hair about BSL but I have the longest hair of anyone I know. And I'm only hip length.

Emmental
July 2nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
ME!

I have a couple of coworkers who come close and an aunt who keeps her hair about BSL but I have the longest hair of anyone I know. And I'm only hip length.

I'm at BSL+ (mid-back, I would say) and I'm the longest-haired person I know in real life. I must not know that many people. :o

Apriori
July 2nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
A girl I know who has about hip or tailbone lenght hair, but she is quit tall too (180cm). She has, by far, the longest hair I have ever seen in real life.
Long hair is apparently not very popular here, even waist is a rare sight.

McFearless
July 2nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
My best friend has tailbone length hair, the longest of anyone I know.

AshNight1214
July 2nd, 2011, 11:32 AM
I think the person I know who currently has the longest hair (besides me) is my sister. She's at about waist, but she really wrecks her hair (coloring, cutting it herself, washing daily, brushing roughly, ect.) My ex had really long hair, but she's got it to about chin now (CRY!). I've exchanged tips with her though. :)

akka naeda
July 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Me (just below knee length hair)
A lady in the village with knee length S&P hair, but thinner and finer than mine
Another lady from another village with thigh length hair.

Nope, I don't talk to them about hair, that would just be weird:D
Occasionally we do see who has the longest plait out of curiosity, but nothing else. They are both about 25yrs older than me.

celebriangel
July 2nd, 2011, 02:43 PM
I see quite a lot of people with hair between BSL and waist - student area, you know, people get fancy layered cuts but can't afford to have them every 3 months so their hair gets longish...

A friend of mine (well, she isn't talking to me anymore...) has hip-length platinum blonde (natural) hair. She doesn't do anything with it, though - she's always had it between BSL and waist, and I'm almost certain the current length is accidental neglect. It'll probably get cut when it starts getting in her way or splitting lots, which it's already starting to do since she doesn't do anything with it.

Shame. I wish she had more interest in taking care of her hair; with LHC love it could be truly glorious.

Quixii
July 2nd, 2011, 03:02 PM
Well, I met EdG and CountessDeJager at an LHC meet... does that count?
If not, then we have a family friend who frequently grows her hair out to about classic and then cuts it back. And besides from her.. I probably have the longest hair of people I know. :shrug:

Venefica
July 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
I have tail bone length hair and I have the longest hair of pepole I know well that I would say that I know. However there is a girl that go to some of the same RPG conventions that I go to that I have talked with from time to time and the last time I saw her she had a braid that reached to her tail bone which means her unbraided hair my reach to classical, that is the person I know, if only barely that have the longest hair.

kitcatsmeow
July 2nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
My sister. Waist length (almost) and the really ironic thing is she NEVER had longer hair than me. Heck she never had hair longer than SL. Its good though because it gives me motivation ( :

MaryRose
July 2nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
My great grand mother. She is native american and has very long hair. I only seen her hair once when my great aunt was combing out her hair. She was sitting in a chair with her hair draped over the back and piled on the floor. <My great aunt was putting her hair in a pony tail and then braided the entire length. She took the shedded hairs out of the comb used them to tied off the end of the braid. Then she wrapped the braid in a circle around her head to form a bun. My great aunt did not use hair pins for the up do. I thought the was the most impressive part. Her hair was all white and very beautiful. If i had to guess her length, I would say it was easily floor length.

Eishe
July 3rd, 2011, 04:57 AM
There was a fiery-red-haired girl at my high-school who had almost classic length braid, which was around as thick as my wrist. Loose, I'd say it was easily knee length. She wasn't very tall through, but I still was green with envy every time I saw her.

In my direct circle of friends and acquaintances there's a girl with a little past wait length blonde hair and most of the time she wears it down and looks like an elven princess. There's also a guy with hip-length curly hair, which he lets out only for metal gigs and even then mostly only then when he's on stage.

I actually doubt that I'll ever be the person with the longest hair I personally know, but we'll see. Maybe in 10 years.

Ishje
July 3rd, 2011, 05:15 AM
I know one girl who has the most gorgeous thick blonde hair, she used to have it around classic length.
she was actually the reason why I let my hair grow, even though my hair will never be as pretty as hers.

but, last month I saw her again at a party, and she had cut quite a bit off.
I was shocked to realize that my hair is now longer than hers 0.o (but still not as thick and healthy though :p)

Chamy
July 3rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
My mom actually. She has hair to about hip. We swap hair care advice when we find something awesome that works for us. She knows about TLHC but is not on here.

PiroskaCicu
July 3rd, 2011, 08:51 AM
My older brother has about waist length 3b curly hair...His colour is VERY similar to my virgin colour (medium golden brown), but I believe mine gets a bit lighter from the sun. (maybe he just doesn't go in the sun as often as me). From behind his hair looks like goldilocks... lol! I like to call him that.

I knew a girl in highschool who had classic length, thick, 1a hair that was pure black. It was AMAZING! Then one day she cut it to BSL, and then grew it to waist.

tinti
July 3rd, 2011, 09:08 AM
There's a couple of girls that I used to go to camps with when I was actively a member of an organisation for vision impaired people, and one of them has gorgeus, long hair (http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToOVNnyb2KMkAs8xFvsRCWrLnwY--bsy7PADhMnlFXLSnMFkXp). I don't know how long, hip, maybe? (and yes, she was a finalist in Norway's got talent the last season:) She didn't win, though)

ApostolicMom
July 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Me. My hair reaches my ankles. I knew two sisters with hair as long as mine currently is but they both have since cut it.

I haven't cut mine in about 16 1/2 years. It was above my shoulders and layered at my last cut. I know many people who have NEVER cut their hair. Some go to just under their shoulders to probably just under the knee.

Arianoor
July 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
That would be me, by a foot or more! And my hair isn't even that long! I guess I'm just not very friend-heavy. *shrug*

I used to work with a girl who had classic plus fairytale ends, but I haven't seen her in almost a decade.

Jenw777
July 15th, 2011, 04:12 PM
My aunts and grandma are amish, so I'll assume their hair is longer than mine.

However, in my circle of friends and family EXCLUDING the amish, I'm pretty sure that my hair is the longest, and I didn't realize that until just now.

slythwolf
July 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm the only person I know in real life whose hair is longer than APL.

Leucothea
July 15th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I guess me, which is kinda shocking to me, because I've always had the shortest hair out of my friends! :) I wish I knew someone who had super long beautiful hair, but alas, no such luck

BrightEyes7
July 15th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Um. I went to school with a girl who had about knee length hair. I'm not sure because she always wore it in a ponytail braid, every day. And I didn't really know her. Just noticed her hair. And that was years before I joined.

But as of now, I guess me. My DBF's cousin has TBL and so does a friend of mine but they are both a lot shorter than me, so my hip length hair is probably acutally a little longer than their TBL hair.

KLin
July 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
There is one friend from Co-op that has beautiful thick curls past waist. She usually has it up so I am guessing. I am sure if it is down it is longer and way thicker and curlier than mine. Just lovely. Other than that, my hair is the longest in my circle of friends and family.

Xi
July 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Me. (I have seen people with longer hair, but don't know them.)

GoddessLocks
July 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Within my family, my grandma on my dads side. Last time I saw her was more than 10 years ago but she had waist length or longer, and in recent pictures of her I see that she still has long hair. But in my family other than her, its been just me who has had long hair (of course its not long now - but im working on it). Now in my husband's family its another story - his sister, mom, and a couple aunts all have waist length or longer. His mother has the longest which is either tailbone or classic, but I cant tell because she ALWAYS wears it in a pony braid. Im 8 months pregnant and I just now thought, wow our boy is going to have some good hair genes! lol

Madora
July 15th, 2011, 09:33 PM
My cats' former veterinarian. She had a wonderful, very thick, almost knee length braid (pale blonde hair). I never saw it down but it was still very impressive. She moved back east and I always wondered if she kept that beautiful head of hair.

AshleyTheRed
July 15th, 2011, 09:46 PM
My mum. She has hip length hair.

Dark Queen
July 16th, 2011, 01:27 AM
LOL, That would be ME :D

Bill D.
July 16th, 2011, 10:31 PM

I met the Countess at the same meet, and she even followed me home (to where she lives). ;)

The longest-haired person Elizabeth and I know is another local person with hair at 80 inches, through we have not seen her hair down since it was merely slightly past floor length. Her hair is amazingly thick even towards the ends.

Bill D.

C.H.
July 16th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I met the Countess at the same meet, and she even followed me home (to where she lives). ;)

The longest-haired person Elizabeth and I know is another local person with hair at 80 inches, through we have not seen her hair down since it was merely slightly past floor length. Her hair is amazingly thick even towards the ends.

Bill D.

80 inches?? Thats truly extraordinary, even by LHC standards.

freckles
July 17th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Of everyone I currently know personally (to speak to), I think it's me. But in high school I knew two girls with much longer hair than I have now, both somewhere between tailbone and thigh (my memory is fuzzy, and I wasn't really taking notice of lengths back then!) On my uni course, there was a girl who had longer hair than me when we started, but I outgrew her at some point ... I think she was probably maintaining at about waist. Her's was much thicker than mine though.

And I do see people out in public with hair longer than me fairly often.

Cania
July 17th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Waist, but it's not good condition, unfortunately.

IanB
July 17th, 2011, 03:53 AM
As I'm seem to be growing old somewhat disgracefully, it must be me :)

hairwap
July 17th, 2011, 05:03 AM
If you take guys - It is Danny Cecati

Danny Cecati belongs to Eye fear Band

Baron of Vasaria is another with very long jet black hair

Guess Kelly family all guys had very long hair

Herman Li had very long black hair before he cut off recently

Of course in India lot of guys in Kanchipuram have very long hair tied in Bun. some are as long as knee length.

Bill D.
July 17th, 2011, 09:25 PM
80 inches?? That's truly extraordinary, even by LHC standards.

There are a couple of local LHC members who decided to grow their hair to terminal length and whose hair seems to be unstoppable, remaining quite thick at the ends even as it get towards or beyond ankle length.

Bill D.

brielle87
July 17th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I would say it has to be me. I have never seen anyone around where I am who has hair as long as mine, but I am sure there may be.

http://i51.tinypic.com/ven69f.jpg

MissManda
July 17th, 2011, 10:40 PM
My dad used to have a friend who had lower thigh to knee-length hair, but she has since cut it for cultural reasons (she's Native American). Her hair is very dark brown and is straight with a little bit of wave to it if I remember right.

I have a friend who cut her long hair to between APL and BSL a little more than a year ago. I think it must have been around tailbone length, but she has some photos that show her hair being classic-ish length. Her hair type is similar to mine, although a bit wavier and a lighter natural color.

I also met PrincessBob, who is quite tall and has tailbone length, super-thick hair. :D

Out of my regular circle of friends, though, I have another friend who has hair that is somewhere between waist and hip. I'm not exactly sure because I haven't seen her in a while. Her hair is very wavy and wurly and is a dark golden blonde color. It looks very soft, shiny, and healthy, too.

Oh, I almost forgot! My MIL has a tailbone length braid, so her must be classic length when loose. It's kind of hard to tell because she has fairytale ends.

Isala
July 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I don't get out much, so of the people I know, I have the longest hair. It's barely bsl! A lot of the women I know keep theirs pretty short. I'd love to know some people with very long hair. I've never gotten to see any long, beautiful hair up close!

redeyedtreefr0g
July 17th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I went to work at the mall at an engraving gift shop which is still popular. My store supervisor has gorgeous long blonde hair all the way to the floor, but the ends were I think what you'd call fairytale- they just sort of naturally petered out at the end instead of being cut straight across. She had a braid at the nape of her neck which was longer, a remembrance to a friend who had died in the military.

I told her straight out that I hoped she wouldn't be offended by me staring at her hair all the time. She wasn't. I loved watching her move around and stoop down to open a drawer and watch her get up again. She always wore it down and loose- it was a pleasure to see.

She is the first person I ever saw with hair that length and I decided I'd try to see if mine would grow that long.

Other than that- my twin used to have the longest hair I knew of at waist. I don't think she ever got it to classic, and she got tired of it. We have now completely reversed- she has short hair (though much shorter than I kept mine) and I have long hair. I tried very short but I got annoyed that I had to keep going to a hairdresser to get it cut to keep it that way. Long hair is easy because you just leave it alone in that regard. :D

AuburnAlight
July 18th, 2011, 01:57 PM
My mother. :) Her hair is so long she can sit on it. She probably doesn't know about LHC, but we do some times share some hair care tips.

GabrielleRose
July 18th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I was considering this question today - it has to be someone you know in real life, not from here, and doesn't include strangers you may run up to and compliment on their hair.

The two longest haired people I know are both male, one with very straight classic length hair, the other with thick curly tailbone length. None of the girls I know have anything past waist!

So, who do you know with long hair and how long is it? Have you told them about LHC? Do you swap haircare tips with them? I had a brief discussion with one of mine about updos (he onlys wears a basic English braid) but that's it.

The person with the longest hair I know in real life is my boyfriend's mom. Right now its at the middle of her back, but when I met her it was right above her bum. She has gorgeous, absolute thick hair! But get this, I saw a photo of her when she was younger and it was so long it was dragging on the floor! I definitely idolize her hair. As for LHC, I've briefly told her about, and hair care tips I don't really give her any.

racrane
July 18th, 2011, 02:27 PM
The longest hair I know of is a girl who went to my college. She has classic length hair. Very pretty, but she doesn't use LHC.

finzi
July 18th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Meeeee! :disco: Most women I know keep their hair around or above their shoulders though, so I don't have much competition....

Stub
July 19th, 2011, 06:50 AM
The person I know in real life who has the longest hair is a man! A friend of mine who lives in Minnesota, the last time I saw him (which was a few years ago now) his hair was knee length.

eternalknot
July 21st, 2011, 03:03 AM
It used to be my mom - her hair reached about to the bottom of her butt. It looked like a horse's tail, so very thick and healthy (not at all stringy or thin). She cut it a month ago to make a wig for my SIL, who is fighting a second round of cancer.

Other than that, most of my sisters and aunts have hair between bra-strap length and waist-length; my mom's was always the longest and most beautiful.

Jezerellica
July 30th, 2011, 03:04 AM
:sleep: I wish I knew someone IRL with longer hair than mine. I will soon when I spend time at an LHC get together in Chicago!! Until then, I'm the lone ranger of long hairs. :sad

CurlyNaomi
July 30th, 2011, 03:21 AM
An asian man who got calf lenght hair :-O

AnqeIicDemise
July 30th, 2011, 04:33 AM
My previous Supe. Her hair was down to her knees. Was.

Someone decided having a fund raiser that involved cutting hair was a GREAT idea, and naturally, A being a longhair was bombarded to do it. She gave in to some degree. She cut off about six inches only because it was bringing in a crapload of cash and she needed to rid herself of damaged ends.

She's currently maintaining hip length. And its oh-so-gorgeous. Its the color of honey and gold with long curls. -envy.-

nobeltonya
July 30th, 2011, 04:49 AM
One of my friends from highschool, who always had the shortest hair ever in school now has hair that is about mid-thigh.
That was me also. :) I used to keep it boy short.. well, never longer than shoulder. I'd always cut it back off b/c I didn't know how to properly take care of it, and it looked bad. :P My aunt used to have like waist-length, thick, curly hair, but now she's got it like shoulder-length. And I used to think I'd never have hair that long.. But as of yet, I've got the longest that I know of.

DuckyDot
July 30th, 2011, 05:12 AM
My Mummy (: She has Waist length 3b/3c hair and when Straight it's like Tailbone. I love her hair so much, but she never lets me play with it! darn.

CurlyMopTop
July 30th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Dh's stepmother has hair that is between midthigh and knee. I love her hair and have asked her many times for hair tips. She told me, "just stop cutting it!". Lol.... I still have to fight the urge for trims. :p

joyxo
July 30th, 2011, 10:28 AM
A girl who graduated a year before I did has the most beautiful wavy blonde hair that hits the waist of her jeans! it's honestly the best hair I have ever seen in my life, sadly i don't know her at all.... I added her on facebook just to creep on her hair pictures :tongue:

Diesel Tech
July 31st, 2011, 02:48 PM
A co-worker of mine, well 2 actually. Both have about waist length hair, one male and one female. In a diesel repair shop not a whole lot of time is spent talking about hair.

Lavendela
July 31st, 2011, 04:00 PM
My hair used to reach almost to my knees in my twenties.

mtstorm
July 31st, 2011, 04:05 PM
A friend of mines little sister has the longest hair of anyone I know, and was also my hair inspiration. Her hair was always TBL, although I think she cut it up to waist a while back, but she doesn't cut her hair often so it will probably grow back out.

faerykitty13
August 1st, 2011, 09:38 AM
Me and my friend tina. We let ours go down to the tb!

.Amanaka.
August 1st, 2011, 10:34 AM
The person that I know in real life with the longest hair is... me! Mine is about mid-thigh right now, and the only other person that I know with long hair is my mom, and hers is about waist now.

Browniegirl
August 1st, 2011, 10:42 AM
My Aunt. She has knee length blond hair. It used to be to her ankles, but she cut it. She isn't part of LHC,but she does many things recomended here, like keeping it up, treating it gently..etc.

Khiwanean
August 1st, 2011, 10:47 AM
One of my friends has TBL hair. It's dyed, straight and very thick. I've mentioned LHC in passing to her. We talk braids more than anything else, though she's going to let me henna her hair for her birthday.

tolly
August 21st, 2011, 01:37 PM
a friend whose hair is 'just' APL, most women here have chemically processed 4a/b hair with neck to shoulder length.

TheLaughingGod
August 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Me! :D Although I think there's one guy in my warhammer group who comes close, but I've never objectively measured

Rhodugune
August 21st, 2011, 03:03 PM
My friend Jennie has the longest hair of the people I know.
It's at the classic length and she has a good long 2 dm:7.8inches longer hair then me.
It's nice to have a longhaired friend, we help each other with the trimming, haircare tips and testing updos and stuff, she is great!

My Jennie :love:
http://archive.pixbox.se/arkivet/synligt_38/32650000-32659999/640x480/32659377.jpg (http://www.pixbox.se/pic32659377)

Lady Malys
August 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM
Me! :D Although I think there's one guy in my warhammer group who comes close, but I've never objectively measured

My DBF has the longest hair of anyone I know (by far!). :love: I introduced him to LHC and we have been sharing suggestions and thoughts for rinses and treatments to use.

BunnyBee
August 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Uhh... me.

Seriously most people I know have shoulder length or shorter hair apart from my mum whose hair is just past BSL. Mine is past waist =/ Still feels short.

BlueMuse
August 21st, 2011, 11:36 PM
Hm. Yeah, when I think about it, it's definitely me. It's weird, but near classic just doesn't seem that long. It's probably because it's attached to my head. It definitely looks long on other people.

xoxo_laura
August 21st, 2011, 11:51 PM
Being in high school I see girls with long hair (around waist) all the time, but I don't know most of them personally so I guess that doesn't count. But I do remember this one little freshmen, and I really mean LITTLE, a very short & petite Asian girl with hip length poker straight hair, and one day she came in with it cut to APL :0 I think she donated it, but it was strange to see her without it. Anyway, I think it's one of my cousins. She has BEAUTIFUL dark brown hair just shy of hip length. I just saw her today at a christening and the last few inches were curled it was just to die for! Aside from her, I think personally knowing people, my own waist length is the next longest :)

<3OnHerSleeve
August 22nd, 2011, 12:25 AM
I know a couple of girls with TBL which is why I want Classic length so I'll be the girl with the longest hair out of anyone I know ;)

teela1978
August 22nd, 2011, 12:31 AM
A co-worker a few levels up from me. She's classic-ish. I still haven't figured out how she puts it up, but her usual style certainly hides her length. I was shocked the first time I saw it down.

Avital88
August 22nd, 2011, 01:23 AM
i have one friend with hiplenght hair and 1 had between tb and classic but she recently cut it to bsl.
Some other have waist but most of my friends have all apl/bsl types.
One friend has beautiful thick hair between bsl and waist with a blunt hemline, im sure she can grow out her hair so beautiful,i hope she will.

Impulsive
August 22nd, 2011, 03:22 AM
I had a couple friends in high school who had classic length hair, but it's been almost a decade since I've seen either of them and I have no idea what their hair looks like anymore. More recently, there were a couple girls in my classes and a couple co-workers, but I don't really know them. So, putting all those people aside, the person with the longest hair in my life is actually me. And I don't even consider my hair long... After me, my DBF, and his only goes just below his shoulders. I never really realized it before, but I'm surrounded by short hairs... huh.

kielrain
August 22nd, 2011, 05:19 AM
hmmmm, longest hair of someone I know in real life. That would have to be Annie. Last I saw here she had hair to her knees, and was still growing. :)

Opheliac Zú
August 22nd, 2011, 05:31 AM
My best friend has hair to her butt.Others I know have normally very short hair or shoulder length.

Mayflower
August 22nd, 2011, 05:57 AM
My mom has WL hair but she has a very short torso. I got one friend who has hair between BSL and waist but it's at the same lenght for years now and she barely ever cuts it (it's very damaged). She's also quite short so I guess in inches, I'm the person with the longest hair I know!

WaitingSoLong
August 22nd, 2011, 06:22 AM
Me.

My aunt has hip length hair, that is second closest. There is a mom at my daughters school whose hair is hip, too, but I don't really know her, just OF her.

LisaButz2001
August 22nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Me. I have never referred anyone here. I never gat asked for hair care tips, just about how I manage mine and if I'm going to cut it.

omgitssarah
August 22nd, 2011, 08:39 PM
My boyfriend, but his isn't super long. It's between shoulder and apl at the shortest, and the long bits of his u-hemline are at about bsl (if he wore a bra...we'll go with "below-shoulders").

I'm jealous of his hair, and he doesn't even take good care of it. :rolleyes:

AnnaJamila
August 22nd, 2011, 08:41 PM
DH's mom and sisters have long hair, but I don't really know them that well, they live sooooooooo far away. Other than that, it's myself and my friend Alice. I'm catching up to her, though . . . ;)

darkwaves
August 22nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Still me, at TBL -- though it looks waist-length, or less, most of the time.

I live in a short-haired town.

Charybdis
August 23rd, 2011, 02:20 AM
Right now, probably my sister, whose 2b/c hair is usually between BSL and waist when dry. Her closest competitor is probably my husband (3a/b hair at APL when dry). I just don't know many long-hairs IRL, for whatever reason. When my hair was at waist many years ago, I had the longest hair of anyone I knew personally. The older women in my family have all been of the short-hair mindset - my aunt keeps her hair at < 1", and has for decades. (It suits her and looks very chic on her, in an Annie Lennox kind of way.)

TheCaityCat
August 23rd, 2011, 02:39 AM
That would be my sister. She has thick, medium-coarse, 1c/2a, BSL red hair. Flaming red hair. Gorgeous red hair. The kind that many of us covet.

Barniie
August 23rd, 2011, 02:48 AM
A girl at my school has really light blonde hair that's always in a tailbone english braid. O.O
But other than that the longest is waist.

curlymarcia
August 23rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
I have a friend with curly hair that is something almost hip length (with dry curly hair). It's awesome! She also have a full shiny mane.

AceOfCurls
August 23rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
I think my best friend and I are neck to neck or hip to hip lol. Her hair is a little past waist and so is mine, but her hair is wavy and mine is curly.

Dark40
August 20th, 2016, 03:47 PM
I have a longtime high school female friend of mine that had hip length 30 years ago, and it was amazingly beautiful and healthy from roots to tips. Never saw any split ends on here ever, and I have another longtime churck member of mine which is also female that I grew up with that had ankle length hair, and it was also always beautiful and heaithy looking.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 20th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Well, in real life, non-LHC people, it would be me. :)

lapushka
August 20th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Among family members, that would be me.

MlleMC
August 20th, 2016, 04:15 PM
One of my former colleagues had hair that reached mid-thigh, but she cut it to BSL a year ago. I'm pretty sure she's growing it again though, she's been cutting and growing for a long time. I can't introduce her to the LTC, as she barely understands English.

So at the moment, the person with the longest hair that I know would be me.

Decoy24601
August 20th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Out of the people I know right now? I have the longest hair, but I used to know someone who had her hair in a braid all the time and that alone was past TBL, but not quite at classic.

PixieP
August 20th, 2016, 04:23 PM
My husband's collegue, her hair is between hip and BCL, dark brown 1b, super thick. It's absolutley lovely.

HairPlease
August 20th, 2016, 04:31 PM
A guy I work with has hair down to his butt. It's gray with black still in it. Quite the sight.

Saige
August 20th, 2016, 05:04 PM
I can't think of anyone with hair longer (or as long as) mine in real life :D

eadwine
August 20th, 2016, 05:10 PM
There are a few on my friends list on facebook that have longer hair than I do, all are longhairs though, so... ;) :)

Hinza
August 20th, 2016, 05:42 PM
My brothers wife - when she was younger her hairs was always about classic and one time I remember it was half thight. Now older age its only waist.

vampyyri
August 20th, 2016, 06:04 PM
My sister! She has BCL hair (which is my goal as well, because I love how it looks on her) but I may surpass her, depending on how I feel once I hit that goal!

school of fish
August 20th, 2016, 06:25 PM
I think I'm about tied with a dance colleague of mine - we're both TBL. She's probably a touch longer but I have more thickness at the hemline so I think we 'read' about even lengthwise. I can't think of anyone else in my circle of family, friends or acquaintences who might be longer.

EdG
August 20th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Most of the people who I know in real life are LHC'ers. This somewhat skews the sample. ;)
Ed

Chromis
August 20th, 2016, 06:51 PM
I think Dianyla has the longest I have met. Locally I have the longest of anyone I know or have seen although if they wear it up mostly, there could be more of us lurking :D

Shepherdess
August 20th, 2016, 07:01 PM
I don't personally know anyone with longer hair than mine unfortunately, though my mom is getting very close to my hair length, I think hers is just past classic, and my little sister almost has classic length hair. :)

ShDiHa
August 20th, 2016, 07:30 PM
My close friend Mara. Her hair is 1b, very thick, but fine in texture. It's past waist, I believe.

maborosi
August 20th, 2016, 11:03 PM
I don't really know anyone who has hair longer than I do, and I think I've only seen a handful of people in passing who have longer hair than mine- but it also could be because everyone hides theirs in updos. :p

sumidha
August 20th, 2016, 11:32 PM
A woman I know through music things has lovely dark wavy hair that is just a bit past classic with a very thick, even hemline, so I count that as longer than mine.

TatsuOni
August 21st, 2016, 03:28 AM
I have two friends who are around waist now and are growing longer. I'm still trying to convince them to join here... We discuss hair a lot and they often ask me about haircare.

GrowingOut
August 21st, 2016, 06:11 AM
I think I'm the longest of pretty much anyone I know now!

lithostoic
August 21st, 2016, 09:39 AM
My mom's is an inch or two longer than mine when straightened. She had a perm in like 2000 and it never went back to being straight.

Doom
August 21st, 2016, 01:25 PM
A cashier of a supermarket near my house has classic length hair.

littlestarface
August 21st, 2016, 01:48 PM
Years ago I used to have cousins who had hair down to their calves but they cut it so now i'm lead contender of the family, so no, only me.

Cg
August 21st, 2016, 03:04 PM
I don't know her personally, but occasionally I see a young woman with 1c/2a iii classic length with straight hemline. Most beautiful. Once it was plaited and the plait was so thick and long it looped over on itself multiple times to make a gigantic cinnamon bun.

Miss P
August 21st, 2016, 08:28 PM
A girl I volunteer with has hip length hair and it makes me SO jealous because she really doesn't take good care of it :(

Hairkay
August 22nd, 2016, 03:00 AM
There's the little cousin with BCL hair.

Iamsiam
August 22nd, 2016, 06:16 AM
Proudly, I have the longest hair of anyone I know. Which is odd, because my hair is only tbl so it's not like it's an unusual length.
The second longest would be a Sikh girl I know, who has never cut her hair. She has unfortunately, bleached it to an ombré effect and within one week her beautiful black hair snapped off to just above waist length. I'm trying to help her get her hair back to its former glory.

Rhodugune
August 22nd, 2016, 09:39 AM
One of the reason I never feel my hair is that long, even though I'm getting close to classic is because my close friend Jennie LHCname Jelena has hair down to her calves.
Don't have a more resent pic of her but this is one I took a few years back when it was "just" knee length. :D

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/576803_10150866731839011_798439715_n.jpg?oh=9d05c8 a440828854525715f17ebde98d&oe=5814B55D

Henni
August 22nd, 2016, 10:49 AM
I don't think that I have even seen hair longer than waist irl and even those are quite rare, pixie is a lot more common, probably even more common than bsl.

Eta. I am so amazed by the beautiful hairs in here. Picture above looks like from fairytale. Beautiful.

teal
August 22nd, 2016, 12:50 PM
Echoing many others... I have the longest hair of anyone I know personally, by well over a foot. There are several who have conventionally long hair, ending somewhere on the back. There are people around me who I don't know who have longer hair, though. There's one girl in my office who has knee length hair which she usually has tied back in a ponytail or braid. Her hair is lovely - dark, shiny, wavy and thick!

Ligeia Noire
August 26th, 2016, 11:58 AM
My mom! She is probably calf or knee now, even though she has been floor length several times.

Lavendersugar
August 26th, 2016, 12:05 PM
People actively in my life I have the longest hair.

My vet receptionist has hip or longer. She has wavy hair so hard to tell.

BoopBoop1
August 26th, 2016, 01:17 PM
I know two girls, one with straight classic length hair and another girl with very curly almost classic length hair

Seeshami
August 26th, 2016, 03:15 PM
AspenSong has the longest hair of any one I personally know. Then myself, yes I know myself, Then Auntie from Creepy Walk and then a bunch of various belly dancers, Creepy Walkers, medieval fest folks, SCA and Boffer.

Todd
August 26th, 2016, 08:23 PM
I don't personally know anyone with hair longer than mine. I see longer hair all the time, sure, but its on strangers.

DangerousBeauty
August 27th, 2016, 04:27 AM
Like many of you here, I don't know anyone who has hair longer than mine at hip length. Some friends are BSL but most are around shoulder. That's why I come here-for my daily dose of long hair inspiration, even though I am mostly a lurker.

truepeacenik
August 27th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Non LHCer: personally known, Yasmin, the cosmetologist who started me on long hair care. You read that right, a stylist got me on the road! Olive oil, microtrimming, and sleeping in braids. And threading, but that's removal.
She wore her knee length hair stick straight and loose.

LHCer known in person, Julya. Last time I saw her, her ends were a bit past floor.

What I see: under 25- waist/hip longest common length, although the odd classic is around. Beyond 25- mid thigh white hair on an elderly Indian woman. Dreads: ankle length, Black man.

Krytta
August 27th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Well that would be me. The average long hair ladies (in my area) are around BSL or waist. I'm HL oh so close to TBL.
It's funny everyone says my hair is so long but i really don't think it's long at all.

Cassyopeia
August 27th, 2016, 03:41 PM
It used to be my lovely aunt. She hadde flowing coppery strawberryish blonde locks with lots of wonderful waves at classic length. But a few years ago she got cancer and well, her hair fell off from the treatment. Her hair is about shoulder now, straight and more a coppery-brown.

So at the moment it is my former boss that has hair at hip-length (she is 68 and rocks her salt and pepper braids!)

daisychain
August 29th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Growing up my mom had hip length hair, but has since cut it to above shoulder length. My sister currently is the person I know with longest hair, at her longest it was hip, maybe sometimes tailbone, length, now I think she occasionally grows to hip and then cuts to waist. After her I think a cousin and I tie for next longest at almost BSL, unless she's cut her hair, I haven't seen here in almost a year and I don't see many FB pics of her hair length.

Llama
August 30th, 2016, 12:12 AM
Sally Thompson.

Xavien_Grey
August 30th, 2016, 06:19 AM
That would be a girl I work with every so often at night, she's about 19 with btw WL and TBL curly hair.

The first time I worked with her she had it up in a double braided bun that she took down at the end of our shift... The surprise nearly killed me, but we've been friends ever since

Johannah
August 30th, 2016, 09:40 AM
A girl I've seen in class. Don't know her in person though. But recently she bleached the heck out of her hair... Such a waste IMO. But hey, if she's happy, that's what matters. :)

Silverbrumby
September 3rd, 2016, 03:19 AM
The lovely waitress at my local Italian restaurant. The braid reaches her knee.

Hurven
September 3rd, 2016, 04:34 AM
A male friend of a friend has dreads that are past classic length. I don't personally know any girls with longer hair than me. But, I see quite a few girls at my campus with hair between waist and hip length hair.

brookse
September 3rd, 2016, 06:57 AM
One of my coworkers has BCL length red hair that is naturally wavy but she blowdries straight daily. After that is actually another coworker who has hip length naturally straight blonde hair that she curls daily. Great length inspiration :D but they're much longer than the average BSL among my female cohorts, though there are two other friends who usually cut to BSL, grow to waist, repeat, so it depends where they are in their cycle

Platzhalter
September 4th, 2016, 06:06 AM
My brother... he has TBL or more ;)

Dark40
September 14th, 2016, 12:12 PM
My church friend can grow ankle length or floor length hair. She's about the longest that I know.

animetor7
September 14th, 2016, 01:34 PM
It's either myself or my friend. She has long hair, but I think it's damaged from not enough moisture, daily washing, and heat. She's a curly and her hair isn't smooth naturally but the ends don't luck happy. But never fear! I've convinced her that oiling is helpful and she now uses coconut oil regularly. Mwahaha we shall convert them and make sure all hair, no matter the length is cared for kindly!!!

maco
September 14th, 2016, 02:51 PM
I used to work with a guy with tea length hair. He said that was his terminal length. One day I pointed out that when he's sitting at his desk idly rolling front and back, he's repeatedly wheeling right over the tip of his ponytail.

cathair
September 14th, 2016, 07:38 PM
My ex I suppose. Though it's getting shorter. It was about hip and it was creeping back up towards waist last time I passed him. I did try to tell him ripping the ends off with your hands is no substitute for getting it cut. But Mr Water-Only-I-Know-Everything didn't agree :shrug:

His was longer than mine when we broke up, I think. I get sick satisfaction out of knowing mine is much longer now (past classic) as he was always very smug about it. But he'll never know (keep it up all the time I'm outside the house).

Alun
September 15th, 2016, 12:21 PM
If not, then we have a family friend who frequently grows her hair out to about classic and then cuts it back. And besides from her.. I probably have the longest hair of people I know. :shrug:

I've met Countess deJager also, and Chris Rose, the former more than once, before she moved to the West coast. I'm not sure LHC people count, even if we know them in RL.

Otherwise, my wife and son each have similar length hair to me, although that means 'only' waist length. My last two secretaries also did. The current one has short hair, although he's a guy, but that's no real excuse. Our sub-tenants in our office used to have an attorney with quite long hair, but she moved away from the area.

ETA: We also have a daughter, but her hair is only shoulder length.

lithostoic
September 15th, 2016, 02:05 PM
My friend Riana! It's been ages since I saw her and hadn't realized her hair is quite long at TBL unstretched! She's a 2b/c with a deep wave pattern. Very lovely.

Hairkay
September 15th, 2016, 04:48 PM
There were a few girls in school including some classmates that had either hip length or mid thigh length hair. Since I've left school a while ago I don't tend to think about them first when it comes to this thread.

trolleypup
September 15th, 2016, 06:26 PM
I've met Countess deJager also, and Chris Rose, the former more than once, before she moved to the West coast. I'm not sure LHC people count, even if we know them in RL.
I don't think meets count, but if there is an LHCer you see regularly outside the context of LHC, that should count. Especially if you don't know which of you has the longer hair at the moment!

Goatdaly
September 16th, 2016, 01:00 PM
My church friend's daughter has just graduated from H.S. and has thick, black, floor length hair. I try not to ogle or comment because I don't want to be one of those people. But you gotta know I want to inspect it and ask questions.

meteor
September 17th, 2016, 03:35 PM
^ Oh wow, floor length sounds super cool! :applause

Unfortunately, I don't think I know anybody in real life with hair longer than mine. I wish I did, but hey, there is the LHC for that! :cheer:

Miata
September 17th, 2016, 03:42 PM
My daughter's hair is a couple of inches longer than mine I think (I'm at BSL), so yeah... I don't really have a very wide social circle though in fairness! Don't see many folk round these parts with very long hair though in general, occasional MBL or WL, one woman in the local supermarket who has such a massive bun that she probably has at least HL hair, maybe longer, but I don't actually know her.

coco mane
September 19th, 2016, 09:52 PM
I have seen a striking middle aged man with tailbone length hair in multiple small braids, here in Portland, Or. It was just gorgeous and kept very well!

hayheadsbird
September 19th, 2016, 11:54 PM
A lot of the girls round here have long hair, ranging from bsl to hip. A lot of my daughters friends do to, hers is the shortest!
The longest I think I know personally is my friend whose just past hip. It's great, because she lets me play with it and bun it for her, as mostly she wears claw clips or pony tails.

TatsuOni
November 29th, 2017, 03:45 AM
I have two friends who are around waist now and are growing longer. I'm still trying to convince them to join here... We discuss hair a lot and they often ask me about haircare.

One of them grew past me, one was closing in and then they both chopped it this year. SL and APL. They're growing it again, but I'm now the one with the longest hair among the people that I know.

Dendra
November 29th, 2017, 04:25 AM
I was going to say no one, but then I realised I know someone with floor length hair! Haha. It is beautiful and very thick. I held her braid once and it was weighty.

Stray_mind
November 29th, 2017, 06:01 AM
My friend. She has thigh length hair.

LizzyGrant
November 29th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Now that I think of it, I don't know anyone with very long hair. Most of my friends have their hair around apl-waist length. I think my aunt may have hip or even bcl but I'm not sure since I don't see her too often. My high school friend had mid thigh length thick & natural strawberry blonde hair, but unfortunately she cut it short few years ago.

Alysia
November 29th, 2017, 08:12 AM
My coworker has about 6 inches on me. She's almost a foot taller, so it looks shorter. ;) I had to check.