PDA

View Full Version : Good news and bad news

Tangles
June 22nd, 2008, 07:12 PM
I saw my sister this weekend for the first time in a while. Her hair is now BSL, and layered. Her hair hasn't been this long since high school--I've been telling her to grow it for years, and I think she finally realizes how well it becomes her, especially with her face shape. She looks prettier than ever.

As far as the bad news--my mom still thinks I need to blow-dry my hair in order to look polished for an evening out to dinner. Needless to say, I was not pleased.

Curlsgirl
June 22nd, 2008, 07:25 PM
Tangles, good about your sister! On the Mom thing do you live at home? Would she seriously be able to MAKE you? Or are you letting her butt in where she shouldn't be. Your age would make the difference. But it sounds really silly nonetheless.

FrannyG
June 22nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
Moms. They really know how to find something to criticize, even when none exists, don't they? Wait! I'm a mom. :shrug:

Good news about your sister. Perhaps she'll really start getting into hair care and you'll have some good times together with that. :)

DecafJane
June 22nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
I stopped listening to my parents a long time ago, when they kept telling me to brush out my ringlets because they looked like a messy bird's nest. ;) It is your hair, and as long as you are happy with it, it doesn't matter. :)

Koskaan
June 22nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
You can always put your hair up for a fancy dinner. There are lots and lots of pretty updos around for special occasions.

Wearing your hair up when your mother is around is kind of just avoiding the problem, though. But that's what I do, too. I got sick of my mother commenting on my hair, especially on my ends (to her they are ratty and awful, but that just how my wavy hair is). When my hair is up, the only things see can complain about two things - the colour and the fact that I always wear it up. :D

n3m3sis42
June 23rd, 2008, 05:30 AM
My mom thinks my long hair is "old-fashioned" and also can't stand it if I walk around with it wet. In deference to her, I now wear it bunned most of the time when I see her and generally wash it on a day when I won't be going out with my family. This is a good compromise because she likes it up and we don't have to argue points on which we'll never agree. ;-)