PDA

View Full Version : tinti's 1 year hairniversary! (pic heavy)

tinti
June 26th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Yays, 20something hours untill I can say I have been growing my hair for a year! I just couldn't wait, hehe.

I have learned so much from all of you! I have learned about putting coconut oil on my hair, I've learned CWC and CO, a bunch of awesome updos, hairtoys, and much much more! I'm so grateful that I took Torrins advice and visited LHC a year ago!

My routine is: wash once, sometimes twice a week with CO, sometimes CWC when I feel like my hair is extra iffy. I have tried not brushing, I've tried wide toothed combs, but I didn't really love it at all. So 2 months ago I ordered a Tangle teezer, and I love that thing, I can still keep my waves and my hair is nice and detangled. I am half cone free, half cone-user, same with the sulfates, it depends on the weather and my circumstances. I think my hair likes both. I'm sometimes heat-treating my bangs and the area around them, but rarely the rest of the hair. My hair likes CG method but I'm not fond of gels because they make my hair crunchy, so I'm trying to figure that one out. Oh, and ACV-rinces every once in a while. Also I spray my scalp twice a day with rooibos tea, and drinking 2+ cups a day. It seems to work, when looking at my measurements.

That's all I can think of for my routine for now. I am having problem maintaining my waves as the day(s) goes by, and I hate my canopy that is stick straight mostly. I love sticks, forks, and Ficcare Maximas, and I'm more aware what I do to my hair now. I started at bsl or a bit above, I'm actually not really sure, and in April I cut my inbetweenwaistandhip-hair to a bit beyond APL to get rid of the gross layered cut I had gotten a month before joining LHC. So now I'm growing my notsolayered hair again, first and foremost I wanna get back to waist, but I definetly want longer, been thinking about hip, but knowing me it is too short when I get there, so maybe classic? We'll see.

Now on to the part I know you've waited for ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=84510
June 27th 2010

And my hair at it's longest:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=99037

And today:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=106337

61 cms! I was somewhere around 64-65 when I joined, so in 3-4 cms it looks like I can call myself BSL, even though it looks much further to me, haha.

Thank you LHC for everything I've learned from you wonderful people!!

ETA: All my monthly pictures are in my album :)

vanity_acefake
June 26th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Wow your hair has certainly grown. It is now also looking thicker. I love your natural texture.
:)

tinti
June 26th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Thank you Vanity Acefake! Yes, it got some thickness boost when I chopped the thin scragly layers away :) Thank you so much! Haha, I discovered my waves in September, quite a shock for someone who has allways wished she had waves!

charalito
June 26th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Awesome growth tinti!
Patience is paying off! Now you have a thick beautiful hemline and on your way to waist :) Congratulations!

tinti
June 26th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Thank you, Charalito! Yeah, now I can grow without needing to cut too much back every year :D

vanillabones
June 26th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Congratulations on growing out your layers and getting that even hemline, hooray! :) Coconut oil is my favorite thing I've learned here!

Been contemplating trying this rooibos tea spritzing... I have some bags. How long have you been applying this, do you really think it as helped your growth? :)

littlenvy
June 26th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Great growth Tinti! :) Looks like most of its even now and looking really good.

luluj
June 26th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Your hair looks wonderful, it's very thick and healthy! CONGRATULATIONS!:cheer:

elbow chic
June 26th, 2011, 07:17 PM
yay! I like the hemline and the pretty color too!

tinti
June 26th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Aww, thank you everyone!!

Vanillabones: Thanks a lot! Yes, coconut oil has worked miracles on my hair I love it :) I THINK rooibos has affected my growth, I have got one months growth in 20 days. But that could be the summer as well, even though it's a half summer here with lotsa rain some days, and sun other days. But I've heard others has gotten an inch like *snap* so it depends on the person and how much you use etc.

Littlenvy: Thanks! Yeah, it's allmost there! I figured that next time I trim I'll go for a U-hemline and then just trimming regularly, I like the way my hair tapers now so I don't need to change it or trim away the rest too fast.

Luluj, thank you very much :D

Elbow Chick, thank you! Love to have my highlights back :lol: Old habits die hard!

Lisa R
June 26th, 2011, 07:41 PM
That is fantastic growth! Your hair looks so healthy and thick:)

Safira
June 26th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Great growth! Keep on good work!

tinti
June 26th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Thank you Lisa R and Safira!

bunzfan
June 27th, 2011, 08:09 AM
It's looking great since you had the layers cut out, but you should of shown your hair before when it was waist it looked beautiful. Anyway happy hair Anniversary cake anyone:cake:

October
June 27th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Your hair looks great! :D

pepperminttea
June 27th, 2011, 09:18 AM
The shorter layers have really caught up; it looks so thick! :)

CrisDee
June 27th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Oooh, my hair wants to be YOUR hair when it grows up!! :flower:

tinti
June 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM
It's looking great since you had the layers cut out, but you should of shown your hair before when it was waist it looked beautiful. Anyway happy hair Anniversary cake anyone:cake:
Aww, thank you! And here you go ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=99037

Your hair looks great! :D
Thank you!

The shorter layers have really caught up; it looks so thick! :)
Thank you, pepperminttea!

Oooh, my hair wants to be YOUR hair when it grows up!! :flower:
Wow, thank you :D

pixiestar
June 27th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Happy anniversary:D
Beautiful colour hair, that hemline is looking great:D

tinti
June 27th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Thank you, Pixiestar!

bunzfan
June 28th, 2011, 05:52 AM