PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge

Pages : [1] 2

Kaijah
June 26th, 2011, 01:57 PM
We all talk about them... we all wonder what the "best" product or method is... but how many of us really remember to do a deep treatment every week? I know I always manage to put it off or forget... it's June, and I haven't done a single DT yet this year. :o

So! I propose a challenge.
- At least once a week, EVERY week, do a 30 minute deep treatment. [You can alter this if you stretch washes a long time to match your individual tastes - i.e. every two weeks if that's how long you stretch.]
- Use any method you like (just conditioner, an SMT, straight up oils, Cassia or any other mud-mix, kitchen mash-ups, or some other variant I'm probably forgetting :D), and feel free to mix and match them as you like from week to week.
- Keep it warm! Wrap your head in plastic wrap and put on a tight fitting hat, use an electric or microwavable heat cap, sit in the sun or a sauna - but do whatever you can to help your treatment absorb.
- Check in and let us know how it's going!

Who's up for taking a trip to delightfully, deliciously, deep conditioned hair? :cheese:

Right now I'm sitting around with Walgreen's BioInfusion Balm (generic Biolage) on my head, combined some coconut and sweet almond oils, under a shower cap and wool beanie. So far, so good!

FluffSpider
June 26th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I would love to be in, but weekly would be overkill for me:( I've been trying to find a balance and I think I did. Best not to fix what isn't broken, right?

Kaijah
June 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I would love to be in, but weekly would be overkill for me:( I've been trying to find a balance and I think I did. Best not to fix what isn't broken, right?

Definitely best not to try and fix what isn't broken. :D You could still join the chit chat if you wanted - I guess I was just thinking of malnourished hair like mine when I said weekly :o - plus, there are probably lots of people out there with a hair type similar to yours wondering what your treatment routine is now. :p

luthein
June 26th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I could do it monthly :) I get lazy, so this is the motivation I need.

Jcv-Shelley
June 26th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I can do this every 2 weeks... every week will make my hair a bit greasy. And since I wash my hair once a week I need time to squeeze in clarifying and other things. I hope I'm still allowed to hang around here. :D

AshleyTheRed
June 26th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I do one about every two weeks. Olive Oil Conditioner with some other things added.

GingerSnapO
June 26th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I'm up for this every 2 weeks. I'd like a place to document my results with trying different things, as I'm still trying to figure out what works for my hair.

petitepraline
June 26th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Defintely will join in for a weekly DT :)
Tonight will be my first avacado and evoo mix DT

CaityBear
June 26th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Whenever I wash my hair I always let the conditioner sit on my dry hair for around half an hour before showering. Sometimes I turn that into a deep treatment.

I used to do an overnight oiling every week...but then slowly started missing them but I should start that again. It really helps a lot with my dandruff/itchiness...maybe I'll try to do one this week and then do weekly.

Nev
June 26th, 2011, 03:51 PM
this sounds great i am so in! i actually started doing this two weeks ago, i'm trying out a coconut milk mask i found at the drugstore, but i've been leaving it in for only 15 minutes, i'll try 30 tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

Kaijah
June 26th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Oh yes, all time frames are welcome... it probably should have just been the "Consistently Deep Treat Challenge." :D

Just rinsed out my DT... hair was feeling quite silky in the shower, so that bodes well. Very little wet frizz - and it's muggy today, with 89% humidity and a 72* dew point - but I'm hoping that low frizz level will stick around once everything's dry.

GoatLady
June 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I'm in for the weekly deep condition. I'll be using what I have plenty of. Olive oil.

shikara
June 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Count me in!!! I am usually pretty good but 1) When using store bought deep treatments my hair was worse than when I started, and ACV rinses were not helping. However, now that I've figured out how well lemon soaks/rinses work for me, I'm all for trying that again! and 2) I kind of stopped the additions of the amounts of oil I was using before because since I switched to shampoo bars, that was too hard to get out, but if I go that route again, I may do an initial wash with a gentle 'daily' shampoo, and a second one with the bar (the bars are so beneficial to how my hair behaves, that I'm a little hesitant to not use them at all!)

salls
June 26th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I'm in although i've done one already this week. I did honey and aloe this week and my hair seemed to like it, although i got a bit of a sticky neck. It'll be interesting to see what methods people are using.

Kristin
June 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I'll try to get back in the habit. I used to overnight oil once a week and deep condition the following day...but then I got lazy and now only do the oilings. I'll probably just use a heavy conditioner/mask with EVOO added. Good idea, Kaijah!

Animae
June 26th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I try to at least do something once a week, lately I've been doing SMTs but I'm running out of aloe, so I'll need to get more.

kyandii
June 26th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I'm up for this.
I'll start next time I wash my hair.
I shall have to post on here on the day, not too sure when it will be yet. :laugh:

Aredhel77
June 26th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I'm kind of already doing this as part of the 'Use Up Your Stash Challenge' thread LOL, so count me in. I could do with starting overnight oilings again as my hair is looking a bit parched.

I need also to concentrate on using up my Motions CPR collagen reconstructor - it was a new, 'blind' buy (i.e. off internet) and is very heavy on mineral oil which I don't like.

Toiréasa
June 26th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Count me In I'm new to taking good care of my hair so not sure what I will be doing,at the moment I have been doing Coconut oil once a week. I need to look in to some new treatments maybe I will get some Idea here.

|Xei
June 26th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I normally try to do one deep treatment per week, so count me in :p I've been on a break for the past few weeks due to a shoulder injury, but I'll definitely resume once my shoulder heals up.

curls2grow
June 26th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I have been doing weekly DT's for a while and it's gotten to be a good habit for me by now. I'm in, if it doesn't matter that I already do it. ;) My hair has gotten stronger. Feels less dry, getting less breakage.

RitaPG
June 26th, 2011, 07:24 PM
That's an easy one for me. At least once a week I do a full oiling, from one hour to overnight, before washing.
And sometimes I do a 30 minute hairmask with conditioner, when my ends get stiff and dry.
I'm in :D

lil_sushi_roll
June 26th, 2011, 08:05 PM
That sounds great! I just did one today: coconut milk, yogurt, lemon, and cinnimon (mmmm!) for about 2.5 hours. Felt great after! So maybe I'll make this a weekend vacay for my hair :-D

Any suggestions for a DIY deep conditioning treatment with things from the kitchen? I've tried olive oil, honey, coconut milk, yogurt before. What about avacados? Or something else?

Safira
June 26th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I´m in. I love deep treatments.

Yesterday: I put KeraCare SuperReconstructer in my hair and let it sit about 30 min-hour. I rinsed, then added Jessicurl Weekly Deet Treatment, and that stayed in my hair 1 1/2 hours.

My hair felt so soft after that.

Sundial
June 26th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I'm already doing this, so I guess you can count me in the challenge! It has made quite a huge difference for the damaged parts of my hair. I'm currently soaking in coconut milk - I have tried skim coconut milk the last time and this round I'm trying the full cream one to see if there is a difference in results. I love experimenting!

Sundial
June 26th, 2011, 09:42 PM
That sounds great! I just did one today: coconut milk, yogurt, lemon, and cinnimon (mmmm!) for about 2.5 hours. Felt great after! So maybe I'll make this a weekend vacay for my hair :-D

Any suggestions for a DIY deep conditioning treatment with things from the kitchen? I've tried olive oil, honey, coconut milk, yogurt before. What about avacados? Or something else?

You may want to take a look at this http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65307&highlight=avocado+treatment

I think some people do treatments with mashed bananas too and even eggs, but those can get messy - some people complained about finding banana seeds/bits after rinsing, some complained about the smell, some said that rinsing eggs out with too warm/hot water cooks the eggs in their hair. I think you can search the forum for ideas but be sure to read through the thread before you try something new

prettykitty
June 26th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I'm so in, my hair really benefits from a weekly DT! *signs name with a flourish*
I usually aim for half an hour to an hour, with an SMT, and I think I'm going to count my monthly henna treatment as a treatment in itself :D

pixiestar
June 27th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Count me in:)
I did a avocado and evoo mix yesterday for the first time and love it. I do henna glosses every 3 to 4 weeks. I tried a smt 2 weeks ago, not sure if hair dislikes honey or avg though:confused: as a couple of days later hair started to snap and was brittle at the sides where I have some old bleached highlights.

CrystalStar
June 27th, 2011, 12:56 AM
I'll give this a shot! I usually do overnight oilings the day before I wash but I never seem to remember to do treatments anymore! :)

I'm trying to cut my washings back to Mondays and Fridays, so I will do an SMT now and again!

Leoneska
June 27th, 2011, 02:12 AM
I had an overnight deep oiling last Friday on my scalp (sunflower, castor, some tea tree, some rosemary). Saturday morning, I shampooed my hair then with highly diluted ALverde hops&honey and cassiaed my hair (added camomille tea, honey and lemon juice to the cassia powder). I finished the entire procedure with a beautiful SMT.

I won't do this weekly, but at least for the SMT I'm in ;)

Kaijah
June 27th, 2011, 09:48 AM

I've heard a lot of people just like to mash up the avocado with olive oil (or any other oil they like). Coconut milk soaks work, too, on their own or mixed with the avo. You can also try mixing real mayonnaise with anything you like - oils, avocado, banana, egg yolks...

Another simple one is just adding molasses to conditioner.

Here's a thread about chamomile tea, honey and olive oil (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=72610).

The Caramel Treatment (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=454) thread (Make sure your bananas are SUPER pureed smooth, or else use baby food... chunks are not fun, lol)

Kristamommyx3
June 27th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I'm in!!!
I have been doing this for the last month or so, and I cannot wait to get new ideas...
I've been doing a weekly hot oil treatment of organic coconut oil, olive oil and honey. I actually just this afternoon, did my first Ion reconstructor protein treatment.

beccababesx
June 28th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I'm in! I'll do it weekly, but I stretch washes for up to 10 days if I can, so I pledge to do it EVERY time I wash my hair :D. I don't really know how to do any though... Any tips?

CoconutLover
June 28th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I'm in! I've just done a mayo and egg treatment, mainly for protein but it can hopefully count in this challenge!

MissAlida
June 28th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Great idea:DI'm starting tomorrow with an EVOO treatment...I'm not sure about the weekly thing. Maybe every 2 weeks, I'll se how much time I will have.

Ligeia_13
June 28th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I think can do this :D I'll deep condition every Friday but not from this Friday cause I won't be home for the weekend. But I'll be sure to get on it. Now to choose... :/

callisa
June 28th, 2011, 07:56 AM
i try to oil my hair and i get dandruff like big huge flakes can any one tell me what i am doing wrong, i have a 4c hair type

Lady Azaleia, Ruler of the Acid Waters in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

GoatLady
June 28th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I'm sitting here with olive oil, plastic wrap and a shower cap on my head as I type. I am down to shampooing just twice a week, Tuesday and Friday. Tuesday will be my deep conditioning day, too.

Ashenputtel
June 28th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'm in too, but for a deep treatment every two weeks. Every week is overkill for my hair type.

CastaDiva
June 28th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I don`t only do a weekly deep treatment, I do one every time I wash my hair, two to four times a week. In addition I do a heavy oiling before every wash. I can really tell a difference on the condition of my hair, it`s smoother now and less prone to tangles:)

Siiri
June 28th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I'm in :) I normally do a deep treatment (mostly STMs) every week, but since I'm not living at home for the summer, I haven't been doing them very regularly, maybe once every two weeks. I'm working outside the whole day, and I'm worried that the sun will be drying for my hair, even though I use a scarf :(

I will start again this weekend. I have a limited amount of hair care products with me here, just my regular conditioner and what I can find in the local (small) grocery store. I'll probably just do a conditioner-honey mask, maybe add some olive oil. I would like to try an avocado mask, but I don't have a blender.

Elysium
June 28th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I'm in :D I've been using a cheap Boots deep conditioner-honey-walnut oil-molasses mixture, left on overnight and my hair loves it!

RitaPG
June 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I usually treat my hair with coconut oil (pre wash and as a leave-in) but my hair likes cones in moderation, too, and that got me thinking. Do coney hairmasks count? I just did one this evening and my ends feel much better :o

Coffee Succubus
June 28th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I'm in for doing this every week to two weeks! :cheer:

My first Deep Hair conditioning was on Sunday.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 egg yolks

I let it bake under ceran wrap and a towel for 40 minutes and rinsed.
I'm amazed it all fit in my hair... I have relatively thin strands, but apparently a lot of it! :p
This (http://www.food.com/recipe/super-duper-deep-conditioning-hair-treatment-for-damaged-hair-129648) is where I found the recipe.

Can't wait to see what everyone else tries! I know I would like to try a few different things to see what works best!

BrightEyes
June 28th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I'm definitely in!!! My highlighted and heat damaged hair needs all the extra treatments it can get. I've made goals to do them regularly, but never could stick with it. Maybe openly committing to this challenge will help me remember:).

I will commit to doing them every week or week and a half.

kyandii
June 29th, 2011, 05:57 AM
I did mine today!

Soft soft soft hair :D

CrystalStar
June 29th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I'm doing my weekly deep treatment tomorrow morning before I set my hair in curlformers for prom. :D

I'm going with the tried and trusted SMT just incase I got oily hair!

Saeth
June 29th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Count me in. I do aloe and coconut oil treatments once a week when I'm behaving. So this will encourage me to stick at it. Anyway it makes a huge difference on my hair, it just feels so soft when it's been treated. I miss it! Or maybe I could try SMT :D

KatiSasha
June 29th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I'm in - I have an SMT + cassia + buxus on my head to counteract my red henna that I'm growing out. Wish me luck! :) I didn't find the recipe anywhere, just made it up, but I don't have big events until September, so feeling pretty gutsy about trying this out :)

kittymallow
June 29th, 2011, 10:37 AM
i feel like a crazy person since i deep condition atleast 3 times a week! BUT my hair has been really damaged and now it is strong and silky agains so it is soooo worth it. i always wash my hair twice before a deep condition and atm i am using redken extreme shampoo. i do a variety of different treatments, but mostly i use redken extreme cat, redken heavy cream, joico k-pak reconstructor or S-factor serious conditioner.

I usally squeeze out the water of my hair, add the treatment, put on a showercap and cover with a towel, and keep it on for some hours, takes of the towel and the cap, and let my hair airdry. i do not rinse it until the next evening. when i wake up it has "dissapeard" into my hair, or if my hair is heavy i just pin it up with some cute clips:)

RitaPG
June 30th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Scalp treatment today!
Castor oil+ jojoba oil+ a few drops of peppermint and rosemary EO.
Put it in a lazy wrap bun and forget about it. I look sleek and smell like candy :p

Kaijah
June 30th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I usually treat my hair with coconut oil (pre wash and as a leave-in) but my hair likes cones in moderation, too, and that got me thinking. Do coney hairmasks count? I just did one this evening and my ends feel much better :o

I think anything that makes your hair happy counts. :D (Though candy-scented oil is an extra bonus!)

i feel like a crazy person since i deep condition atleast 3 times a week!

This actually makes me feel better! I'm thinking I could probably DT more than once a week and my hair would be happy about it.

Hooray for all the DT'ers! :cheese: I like reading everyone's choices.

layla<33
June 30th, 2011, 11:10 AM
count me in! i do this anyways though i havent tryed leaving it in 30 minutes yet.. i will be experimenting with that this saturday :]

Cleopatra18
June 30th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I'm in too! I love deep conditioning my hair but I don't understand does heavy oiling count?
Anyway I will probably deep condition once every week (that's when I use shampoo)
and heavy oil every other day before cowashing.
I really love herbal essence break's over intensive mask, It's SO moisturising. As for oils, I use neelibhringadi oil and castor/coconut mix. I might add different oils to conditioners to DC with. Does anyone use heat cap with their treatments? I have one but haven't been using it recently..don't know if I shoud (or need).
I have been really off track the past period and this will help me tons. thanks OP :)

luthein
June 30th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Got a shampoo + shower cap (ok, plastic bag) thing going on. I should be more adventurous next DT...

RitaPG
June 30th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I'm in too! I love deep conditioning my hair but I don't understand does heavy oiling count?
Anyway I will probably deep condition once every week (that's when I use shampoo)
and heavy oil every other day before cowashing.
I really love herbal essence break's over intensive mask, It's SO moisturising. As for oils, I use neelibhringadi oil and castor/coconut mix. I might add different oils to conditioners to DC with. Does anyone use heat cap with their treatments? I have one but haven't been using it recently..don't know if I shoud (or need).
I have been really off track the past period and this will help me tons. thanks OP :)
Yes, heavy oilings count :) I had the same doubt at first because I'm so used to do it it doesn't even feel like a fancy DT, but it is ^^'
I don't use heat caps, because I don't have one. But I've read that a shower cap and a warm towel on top does the same.

Kome
June 30th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I need to do this as well. Mine are too random. Then... all of the "sudden" my hair will be super dry and it will take me 3 weeks to figure out why and I'm about to chop it all off when I realize... I can just do a deep treatment and that will probably fix it. DUH. -__-

Cheeks1206
June 30th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I'm in! I NEED to do some DT's and I think weekly will do nicely until I get my hair to a more manageable level.

Aredhel77
July 1st, 2011, 02:24 AM
I'm going to DT with my Motions CPR treatment conditioner today. My hair likes it, but I don't because it mineral oil is one of the main ingredients. I get a slight feeling of buildup when I use it, but the collagen in it makes my hair happy. I may really slather my hair in it excessively so I can hopefully cross it off my Use Up Your Stash Challenge list! (kill 2 birds with one stone!)

dmarie16
July 1st, 2011, 02:41 AM
OH yay!! I am SOOO in on this one!!! I have just stocked up on honey, aloe, agave syrup, biolage, henna, teas, assorted oils-butters-balms-EO's...lol! LETS DO IT!!! WOO HOO!!!

AshleyTheRed
July 1st, 2011, 04:28 AM
Treatment yesterday. A small bit of Olive Oil Conditioner with some Moroccan Oil and a few other things. My hair feels and looks amazing!

ericthegreat
July 1st, 2011, 04:56 AM
I've been doing weekly DTs for years now, so definitely count me in. Sometimes I'll even do two DTs a week, skipping only two or three days in between the last DT. I've experimented with SMTs, all natural oils like coconut oil, olive oil, Ojon oil and avocado oil, and expensive deep conditioners from Frederic Fekkai and Nigelle LX. I've also added several drops of my desired oil into my conditioner to increase its potency, so I consider doing that as a DT as well.
My hair is very thick, and I both lighten it and color it, so it needs as much moisture as I can give it.

prettykitty
July 1st, 2011, 08:59 PM
Have my SMT on now, think I'll leave it for an hour or so. My hair looves SMT :)

pixiestar
July 2nd, 2011, 12:40 AM
I've got olive oil on now, will be doing a henna gloss after:D

KittyLost
July 2nd, 2011, 03:34 AM
Yeah. I'm in! I think I could benefit from a weekly deep treatment. I'll do it every sunday on my pamper day :) I'll start tomorrow with a new thing I bought a few weeks ago and I've been unable to try.

Siiri
July 2nd, 2011, 06:15 AM
I did a deep treatment yesterday: my regular conditioner with honey and olive oil for about half an hour in sauna. I didn't do a separate CO-wash to wash it out, just added some water to make it foam and rinsed it out, like I do with normal SMT's.

I didn't get all the oil out, but I don't mind that, it will come out in the next wash. I have in the past tried olive oil a couple of times, and I never seem to get it all out but with a clarifying shampoo. Next week I won't add any oil, since I've noticed oils start to build up if I use them more than twice a month in deep treatments. Coconut oil would wash out a bit easier, but I don't have it with me here.

Henrietta
July 2nd, 2011, 06:33 AM
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm a bad girl when it comes to deep treatments. Four times a year is to little, isn't it? :o So I'm in. As I don't wash regularly lately this may mean deep treatment with every washing for me but if it won't be too much and my hair will benefit- why not? Such an official, public declaration will motivate me to keep doing this.

longcurlygirl<3
July 2nd, 2011, 07:17 AM
Yaa! I am in, I usually use my Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment weekly. I'll do one this week coming since I did mine already this past week :). What does SMT mean just a pop in question?

Siiri
July 2nd, 2011, 07:27 AM
Yaa! I am in, I usually use my Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment weekly. I'll do one this week coming since I did mine already this past week :). What does SMT mean just a pop in question?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

Here is a thread about SMT, it's a moisturizing treatment made of conditioner, honey, and aloe vera.

lillylonghair
July 2nd, 2011, 08:02 AM
I am in!

I usually do a deep treament every other week or so to get rid of conditioner I don't really like (just mix it with oils,or yogurt or whatever I feel). But I'd like to start doing weekly SMTs. My hair loves it and I don't do it nearly enough. I actually just ordered some aloe vera gel and raw honey. Hopefully it will be here soon!

auntdaisy
July 2nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
I'm in. I was planning on doing one today anyway. I don't know why I don't do them other than the fact that they seem to take so long and I wash so infrequently since my hair doesn't like being washed often. Maybe if I deep condition it will tolerate more frequent washing. We have also had problems with our drains clogging and last time plumber was out he told me not to be putting oils down the drain.....I don't and I am a little worried if I use an oil to deep condition. I love them though. I bought a box of Queen Helene cholesterol treatment and I am planning on soaking my hair in that and using the heat cap. Hopefully my curly locks will love me more. Looking forward to doing this challenge.

RitaPG
July 2nd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Second treatment this week! ^^
Still using castor oil, with jojoba. This time without EOs (just not in the mood)
This time I'm leaving it overnight and see how my scalp responds. Will probably soak it all :D

Henrietta
July 3rd, 2011, 11:17 AM
Yaaay! Success! I did it! The lazy me decided to do something good for the hair! :)
I used Gliss Kur Liquid Silk Gloss condish mixed with Beauty Formulas Honey Treatment Wax. A shower cap, A towel, forty minutes of walking around, rinse, Gliss Kur Oil Nutritive Serum Spray, smooth hair. Thank you for motivation! :flower:

Leoneska
July 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Congrats to all the "lazy" longhairs who finally DID a weekly treatment! I count myself among those lazy...

For me it's week 2 now, treatment #2. Olive oil in the lengths, sunflower/castor oil mix on my scalp. I will leave the mess in over night and wash tomorrow morning, followed by SMT (:

Kaijah
July 3rd, 2011, 04:26 PM
Yaaay! :cheer:

Week two for me, now. For my second treatment I've soaked the length in coconut oil, and put a coconut oil/castor oil mix on my scalp. Put it on early this morning, wash time in an hour or two!

I feel like since it's a long weekend I should try doing multiple DTs just to see what happens. :ponder:

Toiréasa
July 3rd, 2011, 04:29 PM
Got my treatment on now,just got back from the beach and was feeling dry all over so I decided this was a good time to do a weely treatment, I'm anxious to see how it will feel as this is my first SMT.

kyandii
July 7th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Got this weeks SMT on :)
I love the smell of it :eyebrows:

carmenvanessa
July 7th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I'm sitting here with olive oil, plastic wrap and a shower cap on my head as I type. I am down to shampooing just twice a week, Tuesday and Friday. Tuesday will be my deep conditioning day, too.

samesies! I wash tuesdays and fridays. I am also in, I use coconut oil for 30 minutes before I wash. I will try some of these ideas, they sound delish!

Ligeia_13
July 7th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I think I managed to get all my castor/olive oil off with just conditioner, which I wasn't able to do he first time I tried...So I'm officially done with week two :D

curlymarcia
July 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Wow, I've been doing deep treatments since I started growing my hair (three years ago). But early these year I started doing only once a month, but my hair is tangler. I will try the hair mask once a week, again. I like a cone free hair mask that you can leave in (but in hard to find), and my last discover is coconut milk.

KittyLost
July 8th, 2011, 12:22 AM
I used Natural Classic Conditioning Henna Treatment and it made my hair feel awful and dry so I shoved some coney conditioners on and left it a while. So this weeks deep treatment kind of failed :p

lesbia
July 8th, 2011, 02:19 AM
I'm in! Good idea, expecially during the summer!

missoj
July 8th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I treat my hair weekly lol, and if I'm busy at least once within 2 weeks :)

wvgemini
July 8th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I need to start doing more deep treatments. I've been slacking lately. I have a Palmers coconut milk hair mask at home ... I think I'll slather up tonight.

PianoPlaye
July 8th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Wow! I only just got the nerve together to oil my hair last week & here I am this week sat with my hair oiled, wrapped (well, bagged) & then held under a scout bandana...
Again, not sure I can do this every week, but willing to try! Especially if the massage bit helps. (Gods it felt good!)
Love the combo of honey & olive oil in the sauna - hmmn! :D

Aredhel77
July 8th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I did an SMT today - I clarified first with a sulfate shampoo then let the SMT mix sit for about 40mins (didn't have more time). My hair doesn't feel as great as I'd hoped. although it's OK, not a disaster. I've started CO-ing as a wash method and this was my first shampoo for a couple of weeks so I'll see if the condition of my hair improves over time. It's a frizz-bomb all the time at the moment...

layla<33
July 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
i use aussie 3 minute miracle every week :cool:

Gulbahar
July 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I treat my hair weekly lol, and if I'm busy at least once within 2 weeks :)
Me too. :p My wash routine is either heavy oiling followed by some SMT-like treatment (no washing afterwards, just rinsing with water) or heavy oiling and a herbal wash with shikakai, amla and methi. As I wash once a week I already do the weekly deep treatment. :agree:

dmarie16
July 9th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Last night I did an extremely heavy oiling with mixed oils and EO. EVOO, camillia, Monoi, castor with eucalyptus, rosemary and sweet orange EO YUM!!! CO wash today with Biolage conditioning balm and my hair feels and smells HEAVENLY :D.

dmarie16
July 9th, 2011, 03:46 AM
I am going to try a different deep treatment every week until I run out of ideas!!:beercheer:

janeytilllie
July 9th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I'm in :D I haven't done a deep treatment for a while. My hair is feeling abit dry with the summer heat.

Today I will start with my VO5 Give more moisture conditioner. I will leave this in for 10 mins. I will then use my Pantene Silk and smooth Deep conditioner. I will leave this on for hour.

I love pampering my hair :cloud9:

Carolyn
July 9th, 2011, 07:15 AM
This sounds like a great challenge for me. I've slacked off on deep treatments lately and I've been thinking I should get back to doing them. I've always loved SMT's. I'm not sure that I can find my heat cap but I could go sit in the sun or do some yard work to add the extra heat. I've gone back to washing more often so it should be easy to add in a DT. I have a boatload of things that need to get used up. Tomorrow will be the day.

RitaCeleste
July 9th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Well, I now have honey and EVOO and some Nourish Spa on my head. Not sure how long I'm leaving that mix in. I'm gonna make Saturday my day to pamper my hair.

wvgemini
July 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM
So I did the Palmers thing last night and WOW! My hair came out super super soft. Definately going to have to stock up on those :)

kellsouth
July 9th, 2011, 09:09 AM
This thread has shamed me. :o

I haven't done a DT in years... and even then, I didn't do it on a regular basis. So, I'm going to join this challenge and commit to doing a treatment at least once a month. Maybe on the day we change the a/c filter. :p

pixiestar
July 9th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Now sat with my 3rd treatment, advacado and evoo on my head:D drinking rooibos tea:D
And I've made up a small amout of fox's shea butter conditioning cream to use after as a leave, can't wait:D

Henrietta
July 9th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I need motivation today. It's a wash day and it's pretty hot and late. I was in a washing mood in the morning but I decided to wash later and I've become lazy :D

Kaijah
July 11th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I forgot to post, but I did my third week's treatment yesterday! :p Bioinfusion Balm + oil for a few hours.

Cleopatra18
July 11th, 2011, 12:07 PM
This is my first treatment this week..I did ACV rinse and left it in my hair, then added break's over intensive mask. I hope the ACV will help my dandruff situation.
I will probably leave it in for 4 hours.

curlymarcia
July 11th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I did my first treatment last Saturday. I put coconut milk on my hair and leave it one hour. I love it! It makes my hair less prone to tangle and make it softer and shinier. I used coconut from a can and refrigerated the rest, it's very cheap.

kellsouth
July 11th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I got a jar of coconut oil this weekend, and I have to admit I don't even know what to do with it. :confused: It's solid. I'm not sure why I didn't know that before. :o I'm sure it will melt a little in my hands, but is that what most of you do who use coconut oil? Just smear it on after working it in your hands? Or do most people heat it up and melt it completely?

Carolyn
July 11th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I got a jar of coconut oil this weekend, and I have to admit I don't even know what to do with it. :confused: It's solid. I'm not sure why I didn't know that before. :o I'm sure it will melt a little in my hands, but is that what most of you do who use coconut oil? Just smear it on after working it in your hands? Or do most people heat it up and melt it completely?That's what I do. I'm too lazy to nuke it up. I melt it in my hands and then smooth it down the length. I do that as many times as I feel I need to. Works great and is nice on the hands too.

Yesterday I did a treatment with LUSH Hair Doctor and LUSH Marilyn. I'd forgotten how awesome the Marilyn is. It really brightened up my high lights. The Hair Doctor was a little old so it was like thick, pasty mud. I didn't rinse it out well enough. So I had coated hair that never really dried yesterday. Not a big deal. I just washed and conditioned it again today.

~Jenny^-^~
July 11th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I'm definitely in! :) I really need to pick up doing a DT every week again! :D In the past I have done a mixture of EVOO, shea butter,m and coconut oil. My hair loves it! I'm not sure if this counts as a DT or not, but on the night before I was my hair I leave some EVOO in it overnight. So maybe I'd be doing a DT more than once a week? :)

georgia_peach
July 11th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I'm sitting here with my first treatment: coconut oil mixed with light conditioner and some cassia. My hair is between ear and chin length, but I've been rough on it using the blow dryer regularly and hairspray. Hoping these weekly treatments will get me back on track.

KittyLost
July 12th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I got a jar of coconut oil this weekend, and I have to admit I don't even know what to do with it. :confused: It's solid. I'm not sure why I didn't know that before. :o I'm sure it will melt a little in my hands, but is that what most of you do who use coconut oil? Just smear it on after working it in your hands? Or do most people heat it up and melt it completely?

I scrape some out the tub, melt in my hands and smooth it through my hair as a prewash.

Todays treatment was Joico Instense Hydration, it's given great shine to my virgin growth.

Chamy
July 12th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Im up for it!
I just bought a Heat Cap (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/53235557), and im really looking forward to getting it home and start using it. I have some cassia leftovers that i want to use in a SMT, hoping it will help moisturize.

kellsouth
July 12th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I bought a heat cap last night. I've never used one before. It's shiny black plastic on the outside, and my husband asked what it was. I explained it was a heat cap. He says it looks like a purse.

And thus begins the strange things he will see me put on my head. :eyebrows:

MissAlida
July 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM
2 weeks ago I did an EVOO treatment, last week one with egg yolk, honey and 1 tbs of EVOO, followed by 30'min conditioner, this week I did CO for about an hour, I think I will do an EVOO tomorrow again.:)Keeping up with the thread...;)

Siiri
July 12th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Does a heat cap work similarly like going to sauna, when you use it with a deep treatment, and how warm does it get?

kyandii
July 13th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Got this weeks SMT on.
My friend said my hair was dry today :(

Going to have to find something to do daily.

Carolyn
July 13th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Does a heat cap work similarly like going to sauna, when you use it with a deep treatment, and how warm does it get?I think it would be very similar. I can't tell you how hot mine gets in degrees. It has low, medium, and high settings. Usually the medium setting is about right for comfort.

luthein
July 13th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I just washed out a hot oil treatment. I boiled water, put it in a coffee mug, placed a little saucer with 2 T oil on top if the mug. I'm waiting for my hair to dry to review the results.

jujube
July 13th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I used Biolage Conditioning Balm for the first time. My hair is feeling much softer but I shouldn't have let it near my roots...

LisaMonster
July 13th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Jumping in this challenge. :)

My hair is a lot happier when I baby it than when I ignore it.

A few days ago, I did honey, AVG, and jojoba oil.

Possibly doing a henna gloss next week.

Aredhel77
July 17th, 2011, 04:04 AM
I heavy-oiled my hair last night with my oil mix (coconut, castor and essential oils). I'm about to go and C-W-C it out :-)

Siiri
July 17th, 2011, 04:48 AM
I did a SMT this weekend having managed to bring some aloe vera gel from home. It worked a lot better than when I used olive oil instead of aloe vera. Next week I'm going to try an organic hemp oil conditioner that I've ordered online. I'm waiting for it to arrive early next week :) I think I'm just going to try it first without adding anything to it, to see how it works on it's own as a deep treatment.

Toiréasa
July 17th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Well I did my first henna yesterday so this is going to be my weeks treatment my hair is sooo soft and shiny and I love the color, it turned out perfect. So I'm officially a henna-head yeah!

Cleopatra18
July 18th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Does a heat cap work similarly like going to sauna, when you use it with a deep treatment, and how warm does it get?
I actually think sauna is better than a heat cap because the heat cap provides dry heat, while the sauna provides heat with moisture so it would be great for deep conditioning (same as a hair steamer, wish I could afford one). The heat opens up the hair shaft and the steam molecules are "pushed" into the hair increasing the moisture level.
My heat cap is set to 70 degrees Celsius +/- 5 I think.

RitaCeleste
July 18th, 2011, 11:31 AM
This Saturday I was playing with updo's so I'm just now getting around to deep conditioning. Its AOHR this time plus the EVOO I applied to the ends last night. My daughter is joining the weekly treatment challenge with me. Hers was Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor, and now KeraCare Humecto. Her hair is fine and breaks easily and she swears there is no such thing as too much protein. I've stocked up so she can do lots of treatments with me. We are both running around in caps.

Sundial
July 21st, 2011, 07:31 AM
I have been keeping up with mine and just realized today that I needed to stock up on conditioners so off I went to the stores.

I bought 4 bottles of 1L conditioners and I think the store assistant was shocked. She followed me around and finally mustered the courage to ask "if I actually use that much conditioner". She wanted to know how fast I go through 1 bottle :o it was really embarrassing, I didn't want to have to explain about the huge amount I use for SMT or CO washing so I just said "my hair is longer so I have to use more and I go through more conditioner than shampoo". She had chin length hair and seemed satisfied with my answer. It didn't wipe the shock/horror off her face though :(

Nonetheless, I'm not going to fall off the deep treatment bandwagon :cool:

Cleopatra18
July 21st, 2011, 08:34 AM
I deepconditioned today with alter ego wheat protein mask for one hour with plastic cap.

KatiSasha
July 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
I did an Aphogee protein treatmnet yesterday after clarifying. And it seems it wasn't for me. I have a lot of breakage on the bottom 9 inches of my hair from having it fried by highlights, color, and a very unfortunate incident with a Nioxin Scalp Therapy shampoo. But the protein treatment really did nothing for me :( I have more thickness and body after SMT + cassia for an hour, so I'll be sticking to that.

Great job everyone keeping up with the treatments!

RitaPG
July 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM
Coconut oil on the length (my scalp gets itchy and sometimes asks for shampoo instead of CO) the ends are still a bit dry, didn't leave the oil in for long enough (about an hour, usually stays overnight)
Might do a second oil treatment or hairmask tomorrow, if my hair feels too dry.

goldenmoments
July 21st, 2011, 07:33 PM
I've alternated between evoo and coconut oil last 6 months for DT. Have tried smt.

It's hard to differentiate between my DT and regular co days.. considering my co includes a 15 minute scalp massage, a light oiling to seal and ploping.....haha it almost as if DT have lost its aura since I've started taking such good care of my hair.... I mean sitting with my hair soaking under wraps isn't very glamorous in reality...

aliceinmadness
July 21st, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm in with this...I really should deep condition more. I bought a bottle of Garnier Triple Nutrition many moons ago and I'm almost out. Not too impressed with it, probably because of the mineral oil, but I'm going to try leaving it on for a good long while on Sunday and see how that works.

Saeth
July 22nd, 2011, 04:47 AM
I done a SMT, unfortunately my hair absolutely protested against the con I used in it. I'll try again with something else at another time. I done an oiling a little while back too but the washing it all out is beginning to really bug me.

GermanCurl
July 22nd, 2011, 05:22 AM
This thread encouraged me to do more DT's. I've been kinda lazy about it lately, but plan to do a DT with coconut milk this weekend. My hair loves it.

RitaCeleste
July 23rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Well, its Saturday again and I'm back on track. AOHR, water, and a bag. I added hot water to my almost empty bottle of AOHR to use up the last of my conditioner. I love that stuff with water mixed in. I'm going to dilute more of the Honeysuckle Rose and use it that way. Anyway, my hair was oiled but in really good condition starting off with this deep treatment. It can't get much better can it?

Raiscake
July 23rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
I'm in! I just did a deep pre-wash treatment with coconut oil yesterday. My hair loved it. And I mean, LOVE IT. :D

pixiestar
July 24th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Did a henna gloss this time, with roobios tea, yemen henna and tresemme naturals moisture conditioner:D

Raqdoll
July 24th, 2011, 01:44 AM
This is just what I need! I'm totally in :cheese:

CaityBear
July 24th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Well I only made it a week. Haha. I did one overnight oiling...and haven't done one since...oops.

Henrietta
July 24th, 2011, 05:03 AM
I bought a deep mask yesterday, previously I just used standard conditioners for deep treatments. I'll see if there's any difference.

Aredhel77
July 24th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I did a deep treatment yesterday with Naked Shea Butter glossing deep conditioner mixed with a bit of olive oil and some honey and left on for an hour (so, I suppose, a modified SMT?) I had (fairly successfully!) removed a lot of my Lush henna the day before using Colour B4 and my hair felt dry. Now it feels a lot softer. It seems to have lost its shine though which could be either due to the processing or simply the fact that the colour is now a lighter copper rather than a burgundy brown and so isn't reflecting light as much ...

catiebloo
July 24th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Ooh i'm in!

I've finished college & am not working at the moment so i'm limiting myself to only using heat once a week...why not do this too?!

Another thing i want to do is make an effort to apply coconut oil to my ends every night due to the heat abuse i've been giving my hair, it needs all the pampering i can give it!*

I started last night by oiling my ends and lengths and braiding my hair to sleep in. I didn't wash it today so i'm now currently sitting here with an SMT on me hair under 2 lots of plastic wrap and 2 hot towels! I'll shower it off late tonight and do the coconut oil/braid thing again.

I have a hair appointment in a couple of weeks but i'm in two minds whether to cancel it or not. Do i go and get the poor heat abused ends trimmed and then no more trims after that (hopefully the condition of my ends will stay tip top after all this oiling/DT) or do i just try to repair my ends myself and cancel the appointment?

Hmmn...

RitaPG
July 24th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Overnight scalp oiling with Castor oil and Monoi oil.
CO wash in the afternoon.
My hair feels awesome :cloud9:

This thread was a great idea!

LisaMonster
July 24th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I did a greek yoghurt masque earlier this week and it was awesommmme. My hair has been great for the rest of the week.

Rosemary/safflower oil today. :)

Saeth
July 24th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Done SMT's again with the new con. It's about half dry and is already super soft, I keep stroking it as a result! I just hope I managed to rinse it enough.

Kaijah
July 24th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I don't think I posted last week, but I did do my DT! And just finished this weeks. SMTs both times~! :p

Dragon Faery
July 24th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Ooh! I'm late but I'm in! :) This is just what I need to keep on track. I just started CO washing about a week and a half ago, and I love the results!

Currently I'm doing a small amount of Coconut Oil every night that I have any time at all, and including a bit of a scalp massage. The night before a wash, I cover the bottom of a teacup with Castor Oil, add 1 drop Basil essential oil, 1 drop Peppermint essential oil, and 2 drops each of Lavender and Rosemary essential oils.

(This is the concoction I came up with after lurking in the forums for several weeks and Googling random herbs for hair growth and thickness...)

Sometimes I add a drop or two of Cinnamon for the heavenly smell. I massage this into my scalp very thoroughly, taking my time. Then I slather as much Coconut Oil into the rest of my hair as I can. I bun it with a soft velvet scrunchie (not too tightly), and sleep on it.

The next day, I slather my hair in V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze clarifying conditioner (except I'm going to try a new one this week, also a V05--my husband tried my Kiwi Lime and liked it, so I'm going to let him finish what's left of that bottle as an excuse to try out my other one). I leave it in for as long as I can while I shower (about 20-30 minutes). Then I rinse, rinse, rinse! [My hair does not do well with product buildup, although as long as I have no product buildup, it seems to adore oil buildup. Not the case when I was using cones and sulfates. Then the oil just sat on top and made it heavy and greasy without moisturizing.] When it feels like all the conditioner's gone, I rinse for at least 2 minutes longer, making sure to rinse every part of my scalp.

Then I slather on as much of a cone- and sulfate-free deep conditioner as I can get in my hair. (Currently it's something by Nature's Gate; I remember the label said Chamomile, but I forget what else. I'm not at home right now so I can't check.) I leave that in for another 5-ish minutes, then rinse out thoroughly, but not as hyper-thoroughly as the first one. Just until it's smooth but not greasy, I guess.

After the towel turban, I finger-comb. The first time, that was all I did. It was fine, except for some small frizzies (way less than I'm used to), which went away after my next Coconut Oil gloss. The second (and last) time, I used my husband's Aloe Gel as a leave-in. Perfect combination! No frizzies, which has not been true for me since I was 10. I love my hair, and I plan to keep this routine and variants thereof for as long as it continues to work for me. :)

[I'm new to the forums and haven't figured out my hair type yet, but it's layered chin-to-almost-BSL, dark brown, and floats between wavy and curly (and frizzy!) depending on how I treat it. Looks like a lot of hair when down, but disappears into almost nothing the instant I braid it or bun it.]

prettykitty
July 25th, 2011, 12:21 AM
I missed mine last week, but I ran a half marathon so that's a good enough excuse for me.
But I did one this weekend, SMT made with Inecto Pure coconut....I didn't really like that product just as condish, not enough slip, but in an SMT with the smell of the honey it was just heavenly! Might have to look for some more :D

LisaMonster
July 29th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Who's still in?

This week I'm doing Jasmine Henna Fluff Ease from Lush.

swetiepeti
July 29th, 2011, 04:44 PM
never officially "in", but I've been doing them since I first read the first post a few weeks ago. I even prepacked one "to go" for my trip to Las Vegas next week

Crystal2010
July 29th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Late, but in! This thread will help me keep on track with my treatments. Last night was half a cup of full fat mayonnaise, two eggs, a splosh of EVOO, a quarter can of coconut milk and a couple of spoons of a protein mask. That stayed on for an hour after I had CO'd. My hair felt very bulky (for want of a better word) after that. Then did an SMT using Tresemme Naturals with no 'cones, honey, glycerin and aloe vera gel. Left on for another hour and my final rinse was ACV. Slicked on some jojoba and braided. My hair is sooooo soft and shiny today, definitely keeping up with this DT thing :)

MidnightStar
July 29th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'm in! My hair has been rebelling of late, I think because I need more moisture and less protein. Last week I did two DTs, because I'd bought new stuff and wanted to try it out. One day I slathered on Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie when I got home from work and then just pinned it up and left it on till I showed about four hours later. Soft!! A few days later I put on Argan Oil Restorative Mask - again, just pinned up my hair and washed it a few hours later. Don't think my hair liked that one as well as the Shea, but I did buy it so I'll probably alternate them. I also got some 3MM to try SMTs. I imagine DTs will work better if I start with wet/damp hair, so I'll have to start doing them on non-work days.
Today I henndigo'ed, which I guess is its own treatment, although my hair doesn't love all that protein. I put some oil in the mix (uh...more than some, I wasn't paying attention when I squeezed the bottle LOL) and now the oil is still stuck in there. I guess it'll have to stay for awhile, as I don't wash for at least three days after henndigo. Maybe that's a long term DT LOL.

RitaCeleste
July 29th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Well, my daughter and I starting early this week. She's having an oil treatment and later we'll wash do a protein treatment and then deep condition her. I'm gonna take my hair down and start oiling it then I'll deep condition it.

gilbert-sarah
July 29th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Can i join?:)

I tried a DT last Sunday it was an Avocado mask with jojoba oil and olive oil... i left it wrapped up for about an hour and then co washed my hair. i think it was a little too much protien for my hair though because my ends felt very dry the next morning.

i have also discovered coconut oil!!:cheese:
ive only been using it two days but so far i love it... i put it in my hair before my shower and its super soft. i think im going to start doing this a couple times a week and sitting in my suana

Toiréasa
July 29th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I did my DT last night I soaked my hair with Triple Moon Hair Anointing Oil from Nightshades and left on for 2 hours, CWC my hair with clarifying poo sooo soft and shiny.

Siiri
July 30th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I tried out my new hemp seed oil conditioner as a DT, it worked fine but I think I didn't rinse it out well enough - I was visiting a place where they don't have a shower, so I washed my hair in a bucket. I need to try it again with proper rinsing.

Carolyn
July 31st, 2011, 06:57 AM
This morning I'm going a deep treatment with some very old Lancome Hair Sensation deep conditioner. I have no idea how old it is but it looked and smelled OK. Trying to use up stuff, ya know! When I do a DT I apply one of my regular CO conditioners to my scalp and then the treatment to the length. I do this on dry hair. Sunday mornings have always been a good time for me to do long treatments. I'm having some quality time with my computer, browsing the hair boards and catching up on my soaps that I've missed this week.

Kaijah
July 31st, 2011, 12:17 PM
It's treatment time, it's treatment time~! Won't you have some treatment o' mine~? :cheese: :D

This week is a half and half mixture of Biolage Balm and the SheaMoisture Deep Masque. What is this now, my sixth week of DT'ing? I'm so proud. *tear* :P

catiebloo
July 31st, 2011, 02:21 PM
I did my 2nd DT this evening. An SMT using Garnier Fructis triple nutrition, Aloe gel and some Pine honey. I also added some EVOO and some rosemary essential oil to it.

And it curdled :rolleyes: So i had to get back in the shower and CO wash it out.

My hair is still lovely and slinky and shiny, but i think i'll be sticking to my regular SMT conditioner in future!

tigereye
July 31st, 2011, 02:33 PM
I'll join! I'm up for some deep nourishing my length. I'll keep away from my scalp because it likes my current routine just fine, but my ends could do with some pampering. I was debating actually doing a coconut milk treatment today, because I hadn't tried it yet, and couldn't decide because I normally only wash my hair once a week, or my scalp goes crazy on me. I think I'll go do it anyway, but leave out the dilute shampoo. In otherwords, just water on my scalp, and deep treat my ends. I don't think my scalp would flip out too much.

MidnightStar
July 31st, 2011, 04:02 PM
It's treatment time, it's treatment time~! Won't you have some treatment o' mine~? :cheese: :D

This week is a half and half mixture of Biolage Balm and the SheaMoisture Deep Masque. What is this now, my sixth week of DT'ing? I'm so proud. *tear* :P

A Scrubs fan, I see! :D
Nothing to add here...I will be doing my first SMT this coming weekend, though! I am so excited!

Tigermama
July 31st, 2011, 05:11 PM
I am having way too much fun with this! Yesterday my daughter and I made more "hair potions." we used a base of triple nutrition, and added honey, aloe, avocado oil and chamomile essential oil. To finish it off, we used a vinegar rinse. Great results! We are now hooked for life on the mother daughter home spa treatments on Saturdays.

swetiepeti
July 31st, 2011, 11:32 PM
I did a coconut oil soaking over damp hair for a couple hours concentrating most of the oil on the length. It soaked up a quarter cup even damp. I followed with an SMT with VO5 kiwi lime, honey and aloe vera gel. It curdled in the cup, I just mashed it until thick and smooth .... wondering if it's because the honey was very warm still. Normally I don't bother to heat the honey, but as I was planning to read a book, I was thinking that too much time with unheated honey might not be good. I don't notice any change in hair color with unheated honey that's been sitting an hour, if there is, it's excedingly subtle. But sitting in the bath with a good book with my hair under a hood I never know if lots of time has passed. I then rinsed, and rewashed with another CO washing of the VO5 Kiwi Lime then a beer rinse followed by cool water rinse. Drying now, soft and shiny although it might be a touch oily Hard to tell until totally dry, if so, will CO wash again tomorrow. Might be I've found a use for the VO5 Kiwi Lime as I don't care for it for normal CO washing but it worked great as a SMT ingredient.

AshleyTheRed
July 31st, 2011, 11:36 PM
I thought I was done for the day, but I used something new and it left horrible residue. My hair is all curly but yucky feeling. So off to rinse.

MajorasMask
August 1st, 2011, 01:16 AM
Defintely following this thread.
Right now I have an EVOO-Honey-Leave in conditioner mixture on.
I applied it to wet hair, then rolled it up into a sock bun, and then wrapped that in a silk scarf.

fashionaddict
August 1st, 2011, 01:36 AM
I have been following this thread for about a month and doing at least one (if not more) deep treatments per week.
I still have the coconut oil in my hair from doing a heavy overnight oiling and I am off to mix up an SMT (honey, heated +coconut oil+condish).:)

Avital88
August 1st, 2011, 01:49 AM
Wow! every week, you guys are doing some good things here! i used to do this too, in winter. summer isnt really good for my hair,except for the growing part.
Can you feel/see any differences yet?

swetiepeti
August 1st, 2011, 02:06 AM
>>Wow! every week, you guys are doing some good things here! i used to do this too, in winter. summer isnt really good for my hair,except for the growing part.
Can you feel/see any differences yet?<<

I'd say heck yes. I've had my husband comment on my hairs softness, but I figured he might be biased as he knew I was doing new stuff. However, I've now had two coworkers comment on my hair and I've not said a word at work to my coworkers. The only one I mentioned anything to was the mom of a young lady who had to cut her hair off for surgery and I suggested she come here for support in growing it back as she had long hair and would like to have it again and you all appear to be a very supportive group.

swetiepeti
August 1st, 2011, 02:17 AM
By the way, my hair is no longer wet, is not oily feeling at all and I'm wondering where that quarter cup of coconut oil disappeared to that I used as a pre SMT treatment. I can only assume from how soft shiny and slippy the ends are that it mostly sucked into the hair shaft with the excess being picked up by the conditioner in the SMT and later CO wash. It was the first time I'd tried a heavy oiling and I'm pleasantly suprised. I'd read that other's had had good luck using conditioner to get heavy oilings out and I assumed correctly it appears that the conditioner heavy SMT would do so as well.

Cleopatra18
August 1st, 2011, 06:29 AM
I did a henna treatment on Friday and deepconditioned yesterday using Dabur vatika deep conditioner. My hair has been doing aweful this summer. It's very clumpy and tangly, I have no idea why. :(

kyandii
August 1st, 2011, 06:48 AM
Got a SMT on my hair. :)

Vlientje
August 1st, 2011, 07:15 AM
Ahhh I'd like to try this weekly as well, I have NEVER done a DT! After joining here I read about SMT, got all the ingredients now and will try it next week, since I just got henna in 2 days ago and I am not sure if it's smart to do a SMT without washing my hair in between.. xD

I would also like to do a overnight-oil-treatment! That's also a DT right? :D

Safira
August 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Smooth as Silk deeper treatment, for 1 hour. My hair seemed to like it.

Jing
August 1st, 2011, 12:12 PM
I've been meaning to join this one for a while. I've been doing a deep conditioning treatment every week since I joined LHC anyway, so I might as well make it official, eh?

I'm still not sure if I'm going to do an over night oiling tonight or just a one-hour oiling tomorrow (which is my next wash day). I want to try mixing some AVG with my coconut oil, and I haven't seen any mention of leaving AVG in over night. Figure it can't hurt, though. But, last time I did an over night oiling, I slept terribly, probably because I was worried about staining the sheets. We'll see.

Avital88
August 1st, 2011, 12:22 PM
ok i just gave my hair a total coconut soak this morning, its in it all day, gonna put a bit more now and then wash in an hour or better tomorrow morning.
Great inspiration, thanks! i should do it more often :)

Kaijah
August 1st, 2011, 01:02 PM
A Scrubs fan, I see! :D

Oh, most definitely. xD I'm one of those weirdos that can recite all the lines...

Wow! every week, you guys are doing some good things here! i used to do this too, in winter. summer isnt really good for my hair,except for the growing part.
Can you feel/see any differences yet?

I think my hair's feeling a little softer, and I've been getting less frizz from all the humidity. Enough of a difference for me to keep it up, at least!

islandboo
August 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
I like doing DTs but have noticed the spacing between them has been getting longer, so I will join in here. I did a lovely SMT and my hair is very happy :D

Raqdoll
August 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM
I've been keeping on track for the last 2 weeks. I've moved to washing only once a week, so wash day is also deep conditioning day. I do a heavy oil with coconut the night before then hit the shower and condition the length with Mane and Tail, wash my scalp with diluted Dr. Bronners, and condition again. After that, I whip up 3/4 cup cassia with a tablespoon of avocado oil & about a cup and half of water. I mud on wet hair for extra moisture. Cover and keep warm for 2 hours. C/O out and follow up with an SMT (just Mane and Tail plus honey - I can't get pure aloe out here) for about an hour or so.

LisaMonster
August 2nd, 2011, 05:58 AM
What's a good post-beach DT?

I was mid-henna on Sunday and my roommate decided we were going to the beach, so I had to hastily rinse, and I've got some ucky dry beach hair since then.

Just an SMT? Or does anyone have a better idea?

Ligeia_13
August 2nd, 2011, 06:00 AM
I've been keeping on track for the last 2 weeks. I've moved to washing only once a week, so wash day is also deep conditioning day.

I currently condition twice a week, but I'm hoping to get to where you are too. One hassle a week ( washing and deep conditioning all in one) sound great :) My last DT was on Thursday and I'm determined to not wash my hair again till then.

janeytilllie
August 2nd, 2011, 07:19 AM
I've been doing my weekly deep treatments but haven't posted. I have been using Pantene silk and smooth DC.

Today however I'm using loreal colour gloss conditioner that comes with dye kits. I really love these little conditioning treatments.

I'm going to leave it on for a good hour :)

Carolyn
August 2nd, 2011, 07:27 AM
I washed again on Monday due to the overpowering scent of the Lancome Hair Sensation. I used WF unscented conditioner roots to tips and then Biolage Conditioning Balm over the entire length. It smells so much better. I keep trying but I can't seem to over condition my hair.

CurlyMopTop
August 2nd, 2011, 07:49 AM
I started doing deep treatments when I started lurking these boards back in May. I've been hooked on SMTs ever since! I can't do them once a week because my hair becomes over conditioned. I've worked it out that about every 2 weeks works better for me. I just did one last night! I used GV Conditioning balm, avg, honey, and a little homemade coconut butter. Left it in overnight using a shower cap, hot turbie towel, and shopping bag on top. Rinsed out this morning and air drying. Yeah me!!! :)

KittyLost
August 2nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
I did a natural classic henna treatment to use up the rest of my pot, not bad results.

dmarie16
August 2nd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Got off track as I went on vacation last of July so I jumped back in Sunday with a double treat! I did a clarifying shampoo followed by k-pak protein treatment which I left on for an hour. Then after rinsing well I applied SMT using biolage balm. This remained on for another hour. My hair felt wonderful!!! I have CO since then so tonight it will be a heavy oiling.

gilbert-sarah
August 6th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Im in the middle of hennaing my hair right now but i was wondering if i could still do a DT afterwards or is there a certain amount of time i need to wait to do anything conditioning wise?

BritHair
August 6th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I would love to join in on this, I keep meaning to DT but something always comes up.
I am also still trying to grasp exactly what my hair truly likes but with the frequent weather changes here in Michigan my hair throws me a curve ball. I shampoo every 1-1 1/2 weeks and heavy oil the night before hand so every two weeks would work for me:D

catiebloo
August 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Im in the middle of hennaing my hair right now but i was wondering if i could still do a DT afterwards or is there a certain amount of time i need to wait to do anything conditioning wise?

I did an SMT the day after i henna'd last time & it was fine! I think it would probably be ok straight after too.

RitaCeleste
August 6th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Well, I've done my deep treatment for the week. I wore it up a lot last week so it didn't make a huge difference. My hair is now well conditioned. I haven't added oil but I'm about to. I've been doing the weekly deep treatments and my hair loves it.

swetiepeti
August 6th, 2011, 02:53 PM
sitting here in the dry heat of Las Vegas spending most of my time swimming in the pool. Did my second deep treatment this week as I did not want to go home with dry hair. First worked well. Soaked hair in coconut oil and let it sit all day. Figured in the 105 temp in the shade did not need a heat cap. Then CO washed that night. First time with Sauve Coconut CO washing looked great. Last night tied Tresemme vitmin e moisturing conditoner to CO wash (picked up a sample bottle at CVS, have never used before) and hair looks and feels dry like I put coconut milk for protien instead of coconut oil in it before CO washing. I'm thinking it's the Tresemme as I've done this several times at home, and here in Las Vegas including the pool and never been dry.

MidnightStar
August 6th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Oh, most definitely. xD I'm one of those weirdos that can recite all the lines...

Yes, my friends and I sometimes just sit around, quoting it. "In your face!"
I did a modified SMT yesterday afternoon as a henndigo gloss. Used Aussie 3MM, 1 tbsp molasses, 1 tbsp Morrocco Method oil along with 4 tbsp Rainbow henndigo and some salt. Left it on for a little over an hour and just rinsed it out - my hair was so, so soft! I couldn't stop touching it all night LOL.

catiebloo
August 7th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I was going to use avocado in this weeks DT but the ones i bought are still like flippin' rocks, so i had to flap around the kitchen to find a suitable alternative :-X

This weeks DT (eventually) consisted of...

Half a banana
4 tbsp Inecto moisturising conditioner
1 tbsp Coconut oil
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Aloe gel
1 egg yolk (no white)

I dumped it all in a whizzer upper and blasted it into a liquidy paste, slathered it on my hair and rubbed it in all over, popped a shower cap on and then a turbie towel on top of that. Left it to cook for about an hour & then rinsed with cool water. I followed it with an AVC rinse and my hair is so soft and shiny now :D

Muntchka
August 7th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I'm in for the weekly DT. I'm using olive oil right now.
In fact I stated the DT some weeks ago and my hair loves olive oil. I can say my hair has never been so healthy and shiny as it is now. Big thanks to the LHC for that :cheer:

KittyLost
August 7th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I did a coconut oil soak :)

archel
August 7th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I did an SMT last week with these ingredients: Giovanni 50:50 condish (no cones), 1/4 part honey, 1/4 part aloe vera gel, and about 10 drops of glycerin. WOW my hair was amazingly soft and strong feeling with incredible slip AND it did not get greasy any faster than normal. I will be doing this once a week from now on.

islandboo
August 7th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I did an SMT today with Natures Gate herbal conditioner - I prefer the results when I use my regular Biolage/HSR mix but I wanted to experiment!

mallorykay13
August 7th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I'm totally in. I think I am going to be using a mixture of Shea Butter and 3MM. It's what I have and what has been working lately

Dragon Faery
August 7th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I haven't been doing them weekly, but more like before every wash, which comes out to about 5x every 2 weeks. I love how a scalp massage feels, so I've been using oil a lot more frequiently than before, which is making me look greasier in general, but my hair is sooo soft I'm pretending I don't care. ;) I love curling up in a chair in front of the TV with my oil at night and watching something I've DVR-ed while mindlessly combing (too much) oil into my hair. :)

Aredhel77
August 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Last night I did a deep oiling overnight with my coconut, olive & essential oil mix and then used Naked Rescue glossing treatment conditioner (with shea & coconut oil) to remove it...so kind of like 2 deep treatments in one :-)

My hair is happy, so soft.

Carolyn
August 15th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Last night I oiled with about 1T camellia oil and went to bed. This morning I glopped on Ojon DT. The stinky stuff that smells like weed. Baggied and turbied and left that on for about 3 hours. Then I shampooed with Phytojojoba shampoo and conditioned with Sallys Shiny Silver. It's still damp. Feeling very soft and silky. I don't see much shine yet. If it turns out awful I'll wash it again tomorrow. No big deal.

The Ojon DT was really old. It had solidified. I made the mistake of adding about 2t water before I nuked it. I got a runny, oily, brown watery mixture. I knew it couldn't hurt anything so I used it. Next time I'll have to remember to nuke first and see what happens.

Trish in SC
August 15th, 2011, 12:29 PM
So sorry if this is a repetitive question, but please bear with me: What type of coconut oil do you use? Is it the kind found in the grocery store, or would I find it at a natural foods store such as Whole Foods? Thanks for any help... :)

LisaMonster
August 15th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I get mine at Whole Foods, in the cooking oil section.

islandboo
August 15th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I catnipped again today, with a mix of catnip and catmint buds - my hair loves this!

Trish in SC
August 15th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks, Lisa!

AngelDella
August 15th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Last week I tried an SMT for the first time. Loved the results! I plan to do a cassia treatment this week, followed by another SMT. After that, I may continue a DT every week, but alternating with an overnight conditioner treatment one week and an SMT the next...that's my plan...may change because I'm still new to this board and a little confused as to what's too much treatment as opposed to benign neglect. I have to figure out what my hair needs the most :)

MajorasMask
August 22nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
So sorry if this is a repetitive question, but please bear with me: What type of coconut oil do you use? Is it the kind found in the grocery store, or would I find it at a natural foods store such as Whole Foods? Thanks for any help... :)
Ive also been wanting to switch to coconut oil because everyone here says it's the only oil that really absorbs into the hair, but everywhere I go it's a little pricey :0 whole foods has always been a little pricey for me. But my recent addiction to looking on Etsy brought me to this new seller, Jamilah129, and she has an 8 gram organic coconut oil jar for hair, for 7.99!! *Jaw drop* you should check it out. There was also a different seller, but she was selling like 4g for 10.00 or something like that. I can't wait to deposit my $$ :) there are Soooo many lovely indie products and treatments on etsy.
Does anyone else shop/ know anyone who shops for their Deep Treatments on etsy?

kidari
August 23rd, 2011, 05:11 AM
I want to join this thread... if I haven't already, I lose track. I've been reading and really enjoying this thread- it's so fun and very informative. So, I've discovered that my hair loves and craves moisture. I guess that makes sense since I wash daily (with shampoo always before!) and I've only done oilings. I really don't have the patience for deep conditioning treatments and hate the wet feeling on my scalp and the weight of it on my head... so I'm challenging myself to do this weekly. I've already done my treatment for the week, lite coconut milk soak followed by a deep conditioner! My hair feels thicker, stronger, and softer. Let's hope it stays that way the rest of the week.

vrle
August 24th, 2011, 06:28 AM
I am joining all of you in this challenge (my very first one, ever :-D ). My hair had been acting badly for almost a month and yesterday I finally went for a little trim. I was asked if I wanted a hair mask after my (double) shampoo and I agreed, knowing that it would be some cone-filled and heavily fragranced mask. But it worked! My hair is looking and feeling its best again. Maybe going all-natural and cone-free isn't really the way to go for my hair...
So I have decided I will indulge once a week in a commercial mask that's left on for at least 5 minutes. I bought a relatively cheap hair mask from Hema and I will be using that, starting next week. I also plan to get my favorite Elsève mask again. When I used that in the past, I had amazing results and together with hair that felt light. Plus the smell was amazing on me, better than any perfume I have...

Lissandria
August 25th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Im in!! Up for the challenge. Doing an indigo gloss as we speak. :)

09robiha
August 26th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I wondered if anyon here DT'ed everytime they washed?

I only really wash my hair once to twice and week at the mo since its already pretty cold here in the uk and my hair takes a whole day to dry...I DT everytime. Spray my hair damp, apply my DT, wait and hour or two, then wash.

gazelle
August 26th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I want to join this thread. I have henna on top of my head now, and I want to continue with oil treatments and SMT in following weeks. This thread motivates me:)

gilbert-sarah
August 26th, 2011, 07:29 PM
i just did my dt a couple days ago and i really liked it=)
i got one of my applicator bottles and just walked around my kitchen and bathroom throwing stuff in lol i think it was mostly
-evoo, VO5(the purple flower one), some aloe vera juice, water and a little bit of henna.
it detangled very welland my hair had a ton of slip once i rinsed and coed it out:)

kidari
August 26th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I finally did a few coconut milk soaks.... and I think my hair loves it more than it does coconut oil or olive oil. It's just more effort, I need to do it on nights that I have some free time to dedicate to hair duties and I need to keep it in the fridge and use it up during the week. But wow, asides from alternating my washes with CO washes, I think I found a winner. Maybe if I can manage to stretch washes, I'm only going to wash with coconut milk soaks from now on... oh and I found a way to look normal during a DT: make sure hair is not dripping wet, cover with plastic or shower cap, then cover that entire thing with a cute beanie.

stacyyyy1972
August 26th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Im in I just did my first smt wed night and what a difference I decided to do them weekly and this will keep me motivated..condition on (:

Cherry_Sprinkle
August 26th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I'll jump on the band wagon :) I'll mix up my DT's every week (SMT, heavy oils, protein, etc) but I'll jump in! I think I'll start with a SMT :) I just clarified tonight so I'm sure I could use some added moisture. :)

julierockhead
August 27th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Hello everyone! I am ready to join the challenge. I have been lurking around LHC for a while and it's so gooood to find out that other people are obsessed with hair. :cheese:

Got my first jar of organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil a few days ago, and tonight I slathered/bagged/turbied both my daughter's hair and my own, to leave on overnight. I have BSL commercially colored hair, layered to chin. Goal is tailbone with fairy tail ends. I plan to henndigo (just ordered some BAQ), and CO wash from now on - CO washing was such a revelation! Thank you LHC!

In the coming weeks I want to try an SMT, would anyone like to mention their favorite non-animal-tested no-cone conditioners to use in the mix?

Siiri
August 27th, 2011, 02:45 AM
I did a heavy oiling yesterday with coconut oil, but I think I used too much oil, because I had to CO-wash twice and use shampoo with SLS to get it out. I don't know why but the coconut oil DT seems to work really well sometimes, but sometimes it just doesn't come off amd makes my ends crunchy. I guess I just should do it once a month at most, and do SMT's in between.

Has anyone noticed that DT's don't really do anything after a few months? I just remembered how my hair used to feel after SMT's, it felt a lot softer. Is my hair just so healthy that deep treatments don't do anything? I clarify so it's not build up.

Mayflower
August 27th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I just did a DT last night: I mashed up some Jungle conditioner (a solid conditioner from Lush) and melted it with hot water and then put it all over my hair to sit for about 2/3 hours. Then I washed.
Result: super soft and GREAT smelling hair, super easy to detangle and not weighed down at all. Yay!

MajorasMask
August 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM
For me, little Coconut Oil goes a long way. Like, an extreeeemely small amount. Enough to just barely graze two fingertips. Too much of a good thin is not a good thing lol, that might be why your hair feels abit crunchy with Oil Overkill? Lol ;)

Lissandria
August 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Did my week two weekly DT. Before bed I did a heavy oiling with jojoba oil, and used scalp cream http://www.moogoo.com.au/scalp-cream.html. Braided my hair and went to bed. About to do a CO wash.

vrle
September 1st, 2011, 06:40 AM
Last night, I rinsed my hair with water and a citric acid solution and then applied a big amount of a premium virgin coconut oil (it even smelled like coconuts :-o ). The oil has been sitting in my hair for more than 12 hours now, and after I finish this paper, I am washing it out.

Aredhel77
September 1st, 2011, 06:45 AM
I needed a protein treatment so I washed my hair with oil shampoo and followed with Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructuriser spray.

Leoneska
September 1st, 2011, 07:10 AM
Did another DT last night with castor oil on my scalp and EVOO in the lengths. This morning, I did a cassia gloss and my first HALO rinse.

I really like the results!

Little_Bird
September 1st, 2011, 07:19 AM
Actually this is something I should learn more about... I usually just slap tons of conditioner and let it sit for a while, or olive oil. Sometimes a little of both I guess?

But I don't do this very often. Usually I would do it once a month (I wash my hair only 4 times a month anyways) but now it's down to about once every to months.... hmm... I should do one this week! I might check the article section on this :D

Lissandria
September 3rd, 2011, 04:42 AM
just did another indigo gloss and rinsed. :) feel like I will want to shampoo my hair in a couple of days tho.

julierockhead
September 4th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Just about to mix up some coconut oil, some old ojon oil, and a little lavender EO :stirpot: and condition overnight in a shower cap and towel for heat. I sure wish I had a heat cap. Anyone else use a heat cap for DTs? What brand is it?

a little while later...

Opened up my ojon oil, and as I was pouring it out, the little comb that came with it appeared at the bottom! I was just wishing I had it the other day for detangling, since I am planning on ditching the brush, and it shows up! Yaaaaaay!:cloud9:

SkinnyCookie
September 4th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Sweet! Will be joining. Anyone know a good one for strong, non-damaged, not really dry hair, per se, but maybe someone who just wants it a little softer?

Dragon Faery
September 4th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I wondered if anyon here DT'ed everytime they washed?

I only really wash my hair once to twice and week at the mo since its already pretty cold here in the uk and my hair takes a whole day to dry...I DT everytime. Spray my hair damp, apply my DT, wait and hour or two, then wash.

I do it the night before every wash. Right now I'm doing 50/50 Castor/Coconut Oil on my scalp, and I change up what I do on the length, mostly based on my mood. Sometimes straight Castor, sometimes straight Coconut, sometimes straight EVOO or Jojoba. I have a mix made up which I believe is 33/33/33 Castor/Coconut/EVOO, but I'm running out of it and may decide to change it up next go-round. When I'm not insanely busy I end up washing about 2.5 times per week. Every 3-4 days ... ish.

Kyla
September 4th, 2011, 11:43 PM
My deep treatment is going on in a few minutes...a mix of Aussie 3MM, olive oil, jojoba oil, and V06 Kiwi Squeeze. Hope it works well.

YepLilly
September 5th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Right now I have coconut oil on my length and castor/grapeseed oils on my scalp :bounce:

Kaijah
September 5th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I'm terrible at remembering to post. :P

Last night I covered my hair in coconut oil, and this morning I layered some Bioinfusion Balm over that. Letting it soak for a few hours still. :cheese:

islandboo
September 5th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I've not been very good about posting here but I wash twice a week and on one of the days I catnip soak and on the other I SMT.

vrle
September 5th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Did a deep treatment of Hema hairmask (15 min) and then followed with even more conditioner because the mask was so heavy that it didn't come out properly.

Muntchka
September 8th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I'm continuing my deep oil with Olive oil. This week I left it overnight.

I would like to try coconut oil but I can't seem to find it where I live, fortunately a friend of mine asked her sister to bring me some from S.Tom&#233;. I hope she doesn't forget it.

gazelle
September 8th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I used sweet almond oil, senna and vitamin B complex on my roots last night. This is a very common hair care here, and it helps growth very much (If you are interested and pm me, I can give details:)
And on my length, heated sweet almond oil:)

Lissandria
September 9th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Heavy coconut oiling, wash, indigo, rinse :) challenge met for this week!

swetiepeti
September 9th, 2011, 05:17 AM
when I got down to about a third of a large bottle of conditioner (about one cup) I made a custom SMT with it. I added a scant quarter cup of honey (heated prior then allowed to cool), and scant quarter cup of Aloe gel and a teaspoon each of Jojoba and Argan oils. Then a half cup of water as it's really thick without. Leaves about a third of the bottle empty for shaking to mix. I then put a fingernal polish line around the bottle so I don't grab it thinking it's my regular conditioner I use for CO washing. I don't use coconut only because my house is cool enough that it solidifies when husband is home as he likes it cooler than I do. I do shake it again prior to application to ensure that it's evenly mixed but it's nice to have it premade and ready to go in a large several use batch

Aredhel77
September 10th, 2011, 04:19 AM
I added some olive oil and jojoba oil to my deep conditioner to enrich it. I think I accidentally over-oiled it a little as the oil didn't entirely wash out, however, my hair loved it. By the next wash, much of it had absorbed anyway.

julierockhead
September 10th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Sweet! Will be joining. Anyone know a good one for strong, non-damaged, not really dry hair, per se, but maybe someone who just wants it a little softer?

Ya just can't go wrong with extra virgin olive oil. Maybe whip an egg yolk into it for extra protein and vitamins. ;) If you do that, of course, rinse it out with lukewarm or cooler water; you don't want that egg cooking, believe me.

Happy DT'ing!

julierockhead
September 16th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I did an SMT for the first time last night and left it in almost 12 hours. I just kind of eyeballed the ingredients, so I don't know if I got the right proportions. Smelled amazing, can't wait to wash and see what it did!

Where did everyone go?

ETA: Feh. Don't really know what I think of SMT, but I think I may have put a little (or a lot lol) too much honey, next time I will do the correct proportions. Feels a bit waxy, not particularly silky or anything. But, it is too legendary to try once and walk away.

Buffy
September 16th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I had my hair bleached 2 days ago, so i want to do a deap treatment today before washing it.
So , i thought i would use a mask BEFORE getting in the shower and leave it soak for a couple of hours.......what's your suggestion:

1)a mask with protein in it or a moisturising mask ???

2)Apply it on dry hair or Wet the ends of my hair and then apply it ???

swetiepeti
September 16th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Well, I'm amazed that I'm still doing these. I think it's the company and knowing others are doing the same. Like going to the gym with a friend....

julierockhead
September 16th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I had my hair bleached 2 days ago, so i want to do a deap treatment today before washing it. So , i thought i would use a mask BEFORE getting in the shower and leave it soak for a couple of hours.......what's your suggestion:

1)a mask with protein in it or a moisturising mask ???

2)Apply it on dry hair or Wet the ends of my hair and then apply it ???

Protein mask for the protein you lost to the bleach damage, I think. And join us for the weekly challenge!

Well, I'm amazed that I'm still doing these. I think it's the company and knowing others are doing the same. Like going to the gym with a friend....

That's right! {{{hug}}} You're doing a great job!

moon2dove
September 16th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Today I wet my hair and massaged Caster oil into my scalp, I then slathered my ends in Coconut oil, covered with cling-film and a towel. Kept it on for 6 hours. Did a co wash and a rinse, covered my hair in a T shirt and towel for about 1/2 hour. Let my hair free to air dry. Result: soft curly hair! I usually put oil on my wet lengths, decided not too till tomorrow to help with the curls. :) happy hair

moon2dove
September 16th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Dose anyone know, Can you clarify with just Lemon and water, then do a deep treatment ?

Siiri
September 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I just did a SMT second time without aloe vera gel, and it seems to make my hair a lot silkier and softer than when I do add some. It feels the same now as it used to when I first started doing them, maybe my hair just doesn't like aloe vera anymore.. Although my conditioner has a lot of it, and don't have problems with that. But it works, so I'm going to continue doing this :)
I added also some lavender oil.

Modarunner
September 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I do a deep conditioning treatment every single week. I only wash my hair once every week/week and a half. The night before I wash I put a lot of coconut oil in my hair, put on a plastic shower cap and then my hair wrap. I sleep with it in and shower in the morning. It definitely helps to moisturize my normally dry hair.

Siiri
September 16th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Dose anyone know, Can you clarify with just Lemon and water, then do a deep treatment ?

As far as I know ACV or lemon rinses don't clarify. What are you trying to clarify? If it's silicones, you need a clarifying shampoo (or maybe baking soda).

MandyBeth
September 16th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I'm all in for this! Late, but better than never.

My hair will NEVER complain about a moisture based DT. I could do an SMT nightly and my hair wouldn't complain.

Think I'm going to go with the heated SMT on my scalp and uppper hair, then the non-heated SMT+olive oil on my excessively dry and hennaed ends. If it lightens the ends at all, it's for a few days, and I'd love for it to go away entirely!

Toiréasa
September 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I did my weekly treatment last night with Nightblooming Triple Moon Hair Anointing Oil and left it on overnight CWC it out in the morning,beautiful soft shiny hair ♥

moon2dove
September 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
As far as I know ACV or lemon rinses don't clarify. What are you trying to clarify? If it's silicones, you need a clarifying shampoo (or maybe baking soda).
Thanks for that :)....I was just curious. I use Rhassoul Clay to clarify every now and again because I use a conditioner with a couple of cones in.:)

invisiblebabe
September 16th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I think I will try this. :) I am lightening my hair a bit with John Frieda lightening spray, so the deep treatments will help!

Safira
September 17th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Deep cleansing and henna gloss for an hour. After rinsing henna gloss away, I conditioned with Joico Intense Hydrating Treatment. My hair feels wonderful, smooth and soft.

Buffy
September 17th, 2011, 06:02 AM
@julierockhead (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=41647)

Thank you for your answer girl! Sure i will, i'm determined to treat my hair right!:D

julierockhead
September 17th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Slight thread highjack-

I saw these awesome cute microwaveable caps on etsy, but her store there is now closed. I wrote to her and she has a few left on her website:

http://thermalhaircare.com/category_1/Hot-Head-Caps.htm

I would snap these up quick if you want one, she says she is not making any more. I have looked for a non-electric heating cap that didn't look stupid or get poor ratings for a long time for use with DTs and henna - I bought two lol!

MandyBeth
September 17th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Heh, I use 2 stocking caps, then a hoodie over top in winter. Too much heat makes me shed like mad, due to the MTX.

KittyLost
September 23rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Sitting watching movies with coconut oil slathered over my hair :)