PDA

View Full Version : Growing Out My Fro :-)

HappyHair87
June 26th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Hiya folks!!:D

it's been a while since I stopped by. The last time I remember posting in here I was talking about how I chopped or was going to chop off my relaxed hair.

Well I transitioned for 8 months and chopped in January...which left me with 8 months of newgrowth. I am now 5 months post chop and am at CBL stretched.

Im aiming to be back at waistlength in 2013. Stretched. I'm missing my hairsticks and Spin Pins and forks! Lol!!!

I've been doing the Curly Girl method and I LOVE it! I've been wearing mainly wash n go's but am in twists at the moment to give Reina a break (my hair). :D

Anybody else growing out a fro??

HappyHair87
June 26th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I wish LHC had an app like a few other hairboards do so I could post pics. I'm on my iPod so I can't on here :(

AMD
June 26th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I am! I am about 1.5 inches past CBL, but the layers in my hair are uneven.

I dont use the CG method exactly, because i use a
silicone/paraben/petrolatum/mineral oil free leave in, instead of leaving my conditioner in my hair. But I love it!

My goal is somewhere between waist or hip length, depending on how I handle all that hair.

good luck on your journey :)

skraprchik
June 26th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Hi! I'm growing out mine also. I'm about 1 inch away from CBL and can finally play with hair toys when my hair is stretched with twists/twist-outs. I've got my first one in today (a flexi8), as a matter of fact.

HappyHair87
June 26th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Hi AMD and Skraprchik! (lol @ your edit reason!) I have a medium flexi 8 that I almost could do NOTHING with when I had my long hair. I'm glad you mentioned it bc I forgot all about it!

So nice to see some fellow Fro-Heads on here :)

lacefrost
June 26th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Me too! You should hang with us in the Kinky 4's thread! I have a pretty big afro now but I'm growing to hiplength. Can't wait to see my hiplength afro!

HappyHair87
June 26th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Me too! You should hang with us in the Kinky 4's thread! I have a pretty big afro now but I'm growing to hiplength. Can't wait to see my hiplength afro!

Aaaaggghhh!!! Your fro is BEAST! I LOVE it!!! How long is yours now? My afro is semi-big right now.

I'm gonna search for that thread. Thanx :)

ETA: I see ur avi says ur currently BSL :D very pretty! I'm hoping to be at APL by December.

HappyHair87
June 26th, 2011, 02:01 PM

Aaaaggghhh!!! Your fro is BEAST! I LOVE it!!! How long is yours now? My afro is semi-big right now.

I'm gonna search for that thread. Thanx :)

ETA: I saw ur avi says ur BSL :D Im hoping to reach APL by December.

Helix
June 27th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Count me in! Last time I checked most of my hairs were just at apl and my fro is still in the baby stages imo. Come August I'm hoping to be full apl if not slightly past. My short-term goal is waist and then I'll decide if I want to keep growing.

In the meantime, visions of superfros dance in my head.