PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried Shakeology?

TizrahRae
June 26th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Here's a link saying what it has in it and why it's amazing.

http://www.shakeology.com/web/shakeology

Since it has all this amazing stuff in it, I have noticed increased growth. And it's delicious. (The chocolate one. With a tablespoon of peanut butter in it) :yumm:

dulce
June 26th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I also do shakes but make my own,less expensive and more variety of flavors.I use Bill Phillips "eating for life"cookbook[tons of shake receipes] and" the green smoothies cookbook".No matter which way you go shakes are a fast easy way to get a lot of nutrients down.A healthy" fast food" you make at home!

dulce
June 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM
You can also mix n match with the shakeology shakes.

TizrahRae
June 26th, 2011, 08:45 PM
My mom buys it because she's on a health food kick right now. So, free shakes. : )

I know there's more shakeology "recipes", but chocolate and peanut butter is my go-to breakfast.

teela1978
June 26th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I've looked at that site before (someone linked a while back) and I can't figure out how to actually order them, or even find out how much they cost. Its all very strange (or I'm blind).

Athena's Owl
June 27th, 2011, 01:10 AM
The website sets off all of my "oh look, a nutraceuticals scam!" bells. no real information, a lot of exclamation points and shady language.

TizrahRae
June 27th, 2011, 07:59 AM
It's not a scam.

This is probably a better link: http://www.beachbody.com/product/supplements/nutrition-health-shake/shakeology.do

My mom gets it from the beach body website, I think. The same people who make P90X.

Athena's Owl
June 27th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Actual nutrition information! Honestly, why not make that front and center instead of a bunch of pictures of trees?

Only it claims to be gluten free and has barley, spelt, wheat, and kamut in it. Um...

teela1978
June 27th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Gosh that's pricey. Over $3 a shake?

Heartwillfollow
June 27th, 2011, 09:29 PM
on the price issue another way to look at it since it is designed as a complete meal replacer is that you would spend the same amount of cost per Shakeology serving as it would cost for making your own regular meal or stopping for a quick fix.. I love having it for when I am in a rush and don't have time to cook my regular meal.. And I like the fact it actually taste good mixed with just water so it's easy to take with you and fix on the go...

:) disclaimer I am a BB Coach, and I do use the product :)...

dulce
June 27th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Shakeologyt IS expensive ,that's why I make my own protein shakes,faster,easier,cheaper,more versatility,,don't have to mail away/wait for it to arrive for it plus I know what's REALLY in it as I make it myself.

Athena's Owl
June 27th, 2011, 11:50 PM
nice mix if you can afford it, yeah.

teela1978
June 30th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Shakeologyt IS expensive ,that's why I make my own protein shakes,faster,easier,cheaper,more versatility,,don't have to mail away/wait for it to arrive for it plus I know what's REALLY in it as I make it myself.
I was thinking it might be a bit better than my usual chocolate or vanilla protein powder that I mix into shakes, but the price difference is definitely a turn-off.

dulce
June 30th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Take it with a vitamin pill and make sure you use good quality whey powder,maybe add some yogurt,and almond milk , if it's also a shake with added fresh fruit, you can throw in some raw spinach leaves[the fruit masks the greens flavour]Can't imagine the expensive premixed shakes[full of chemicals] offer better nutrition than that.I live by the late Jack Lalanne's saying "if it tastes good and man made it don't eat it".Hope this doesn't offend anyone but like Jack, I am suspicious of mass produced premade factory foods.How often are they checked to make sure they contain what they say and the amounts are what they are supposed to be and also no extra stuff is in there that shouldn't be?The past records of food inspection have not been that good,remember mad cow and the dog food scare as well as others? Anyway people have choices,they can make their own or buy it.

Dars
July 1st, 2011, 12:19 AM
The website sets off all of my "oh look, a nutraceuticals scam!" bells. no real information, a lot of exclamation points and shady language.
Agreed.

My definition of amazing in relation to nutrition is real food with real vitamins and minerals! :) But then again maybe I've seen enough blended "shakes" and food from working in aged care that anything resembling that texture* doesn't appeal to me.

Edit: *that texture for a "meal". I don't mind the occasional fruit smoothie in hotter months.

RitaCeleste
July 1st, 2011, 12:39 AM
If I'm gonna drink a meal it'll be Isopure Zero Carb in chocolate which it actually low carb not really zero carb. 150 calories is very low for any meal. VLCD's can make hair fall out, what can I say? Leg quarters, pork chops, sausage, even frozen hamburgers tend to make my kids feel happier than a shake. You can eat real, whole foods cheaper than drinking shakes in many cases. You don't have to cook complicated dishes, simply make sure the meat isn't raw! If you are meeting your protein requirements, you will feel more satisfied with your meal and stay full longer plus its good for your hair.:D

dulce
July 1st, 2011, 09:55 AM
I always have a protein shake for breakfast as it's so fast and easy and helps keep my calories ,fat,carbs and chloresterol down[am diabetic].I make fat free yogurt/ fresh fruit/raw greens[spinach] no suger added almond milk and flax or I do a protein shake with vanilla or chocolate whey[no suger added and ones with no chloresterol] with fresh fruit,flax or pumkin seeds, no suger added almond milk or I do a cappucino or mocha shake with vanilla or chocolate whey[no suger added]y,cinnamon, no suger added chocolate / vanilla almond milk,flax,pumkin and sesame seeds and sometimes a banana with that. .They are so easy to do and you can mix 'n match with fresh foods in endless variations. Sorry, but I agree with others that the Shakeology is a bit of a rip off[way overpriced ] and you can get better, cheaper,healthier results at home with mixing healthy proteins of your choice from your local store with almond milk and fresh ingredients.At home if you are adventurous you can make a fruit or chocolate shake with tofu also or use cottage cheez as your protein shake base.

dulce
July 1st, 2011, 09:59 AM
Forgot to mention you add 1 tsp of plain instant coffee or flavored coffee or coffee substitute for the mocha or cappucino variations,for cappucino use vanilla whey and vanilla almond milk ,for mocha use chocolate whey and chocolate almond milk.

dulce
July 1st, 2011, 10:06 AM
I agree with Rita celeste,I never have shakes for supper or lunch,only for breakfast or as a snack.I like to chew my foods for lunch/supper.I'm never hungry at breakfast so it's better for me at breakfast but I agree with her a chew meal leaves you more satisfied and less hungry at other meals.