PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Melein
March 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I used to lurk and read these boards a few years ago - I learnt quite a lot about hair care from here! I stopped when I cut my hair back to shoulder length but it has grown back to hip length now and although still 1a/F/i it is somewhat thicker and healthier than it used to be. And more importantly I think that participating here will help me appreciate my own hair more and stop envying other people with thicker hair so much.

I'm planning to henna/indigo for the first time soon - so expect a panicked thread from me if all doesn't go to plan. It took me long enough to get the commercial dye to work as I wanted! Also trying to decide whether to trim again or not so I might post a few pictures for opinions at some point.

More generally, I live in London, study accountancy and read/watch science fiction more than is reasonable.

Hope to get to know you all soon,

Melein

Rzilynt
March 13th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Welcome back:waving:

RZ~

Faepirate
March 15th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Hellooooo. :]

Hip length? Whee.

And more importantly I think that participating here will help me appreciate my own hair more and stop envying other people with thicker hair so much.

Definitely. That's one of the main reasons I'm hanging around here. But for me it's the other way around (i.e. envying people with thinner, less mad hair!). Bring on the HairLove.

But yes. Welcome back! :)

Accolady
March 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
So good to see you back again!

No matter the length, we're certainly happy you're here!

There will always be a chair for you with your name on it.

Karen Marie

:)

Melein
March 15th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Thank you! I can't tell you how lovely it is to have such a nice welcome! The more I read here the more I regret not posting before, it is such a wonderful community.

*hugs to you all*

I'm going to do something now that makes me more than a little nervous, and that is put up a few pictures of my hair. You all have such beautiful hair here I worry that mine will seem awful and so damaged in comparison - my usual routine being not-entirely-benign neglect. But - that's why I'm here, to pay more attention to and take better care of my hair, and I think it would be good to have a record of my new starting point, as it were. :)

Here we are, then - I'm sorry for the poor quality, the camera isn't the best, but you'll get the general idea.

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/03/15/hair2-49uginu7z.jpeg

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/03/15/hair-49ugi9l9d.jpeg

In different lighting - photos are from today, not 2005. ;)

Faepirate
March 15th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Oooh, your hair looks very lovely :) Beautifully sleek!

zift
March 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Hey Melein welcome back!
The pics are a bit fuzzy but still I can see how utterly gorgeous your hair is. No seriously you're not kidding us on the i thickness issue right? Your hair looks like a fair thickness and also smooth and sleek to my eyes. Just beautiful.:)
I'm one of those henndigo heads as well and I love how shiny and dark it makes my hair. Hope your adventure will result in a nice way that you like. Hoping to see you soon. :flowers:

Melein
March 17th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Thank you both! :) I've never taken hair pictures before and the length surprised me a little - it's easy to forget my hair is much longer than that of most people I know in RL!

But yes, it's definitely i thickness. In fact I can't wear it in a ponytail without having some braidwaves or something to make it look better, and the most common comment I get about my hair is that I should cut it because people with thin hair shouldn't have it long. But having accepted my hair isn't going to get much thicker - long and thin sounds far better to me than short and thin. :D

zift
March 17th, 2008, 06:14 AM
..... the most common comment I get about my hair is that I should cut it because people with thin hair shouldn't have it long. ......

People are rude or what! So you should tell them that it's their opinion, hair doesn't necessarily need to be thick to be beautiful and every head of hair has their unique beauty and there are lots of people who thinks your hair is beautiful too! And you're not there to decorate their world (this is a trademark sentence for LHC ,I can't remember who said it first).
Or you can just say I like it this way and don't give a damn what you think of me hehe

harpgal
March 17th, 2008, 12:27 PM
And you're not there to decorate their world (this is a trademark sentence for LHC ,I can't remember who said it first).
Carolyn is the author of that fine statement.

Welcome Melein, it is a great pleasure to have you here. Your hair certainly is lovely.

Patrycja
March 17th, 2008, 12:35 PM
welcome-beware LHC can be addictive :)

Melein
March 20th, 2008, 01:24 AM
And you're not there to decorate their world (this is a trademark sentence for LHC ,I can't remember who said it first).

I think that is going to be my response next time :D I love that.

And yes...I think I might be addicted already!